Shounen Demon's Plan by Okamoto Yoshimichi

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What? Lol where was this stated in the manga
well it makes sense boro's armour is pretty good but alone is useless if he had the collectionsists ability he'd be a walking massive tank he'd have long range fighting capabilities so in theory it makes sense that you'd run for power and still other grimiores as well otherwise why fight each other you could happily live a life as a demon and do whatever you wanted without risk

the only reason i see the fight is done so that one you get the other's power to use and once you become the king of all demons lets face it after killing 107 demons your number one aka king you get your wish which at that point you may not even want to be human again anyways so its possible the demons plan would be to disperse 108 abilities across 108 individuals and then as they kill each other off the abilities get absorbed into one proven and worthy individual who becomes the ultimate demon with 108 abilities
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well it makes sense boro's armour is pretty good but alone is useless if he had the collectionsists ability he'd be a walking massive tank he'd have long range fighting capabilities so in theory it makes sense that you'd run for power and still other grimiores as well otherwise why fight each other you could happily live a life as a demon and do whatever you wanted without risk

the only reason i see the fight is done so that one you get the other's power to use and once you become the king of all demons lets face it after killing 107 demons your number one aka king you get your wish which at that point you may not even want to be human again anyways so its possible the demons plan would be to disperse 108 abilities across 108 individuals and then as they kill each other off the abilities get absorbed into one proven and worthy individual who becomes the ultimate demon with 108 abilities
I think its more safer to assume that its not just armor and theres more to it. That would get kind of stale imo, the mc getting the powers of the opponent he beat.
 

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think its more safer to assume that its not just armor and theres more to it. That would get kind of stale imo, the mc getting the powers of the opponent he beat.
good point forgot about the story line but then why can't the grimiore be recycled again and again and given to new characters couldn't this lead to an never ending cycle ?
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Chapter 5 was confusing a bit. The fight was great. The collectionist, despite my initial doubts, was really entertaining as a fighter. His artillery was very diverse and I have to admit I was excited to see what he would use next. That ending though. Did Boro kill him? Did his own explosion kill him? This is all assuming he's even dead. And Boro's armor gets stronger the more blood he loses? That's a bit like saying in most of his fights he'll get beaten up only to "evolve" which could get a bit tedious over time.

I do wish it was a split narrative between him and Carlos. Boro is a cool dude but a bit generic. Carlos seems to be in the middle of the demon's plan. I would love to see how he's getting on.

Overall it was a decent chapter. Hopefully Boro now realizes his ideals won't be the same as everyone elses. Trying to put the collectionist into the mould of "reluctant human forced to kill" was a little cringey. Hopefully he doesn't make that mistake again lol.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No he's not dead
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Nice chapter.
I loved the action, The Collectionist's idea to switch to long range weapons to combat a close range combatant was a pretty sweet idea, I haven't had action that simple in a manga in a good while, it's a good switch from the usual explosions that plague Shonen manga.
Although I'm not sure exactly how I feel about him sending those goons out to Boro at first, if that's the technique he uses to feel out his opponents before engaging them, it's a pretty clever one, although I'm not sure it would be effective on all opponents. Or if he was just trying to make Boro kill people to awaken his 'darkness' or something along those lines...then....:-_-
He has too much free time.
Anyway putting that aside, the action was well executed, I love the Collectionist's abilities of basically using weapons to fight, pretty versatile, I really hope that this ability sticks around more in the manga, it would be a damn shame if this is the last we saw of it.
Also yeah, Boro really needs to stop thinking everyone is inherently good at heart like him, that attitude won't get him very far in the series, I like how the Collectionist gave him a reality check and told him that the world is a pretty fucked up place, hopefully something changes in him from this point on.
Props to the gauntlets on his arms btw, pretty badass if I do say so myself:super They remind me of this from Fairy Tail haha:zomg
But yeah, overall good chapter. This was really well done.
 

amit-monsterman999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
899
Reaction score
327
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
well the new chapter is interesting it seems he gets stronger if he gets more beat up so in theory the more damage the stronger he becomes i wonder what would happen if his heart was rippped out funny thing is that the A- missile did nothing to his body at all but all he has are gauntlets
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The last couple of chapters have been rocks and diamonds. The fight for the most part has been good, but that chick is just out of place being in that area lol.

Anyway this first demon fight was solid enough for me to keep tabs on this. Boro has probably one, this dude was after that armour for a reason lmao. But Boro still needs to kill this guy. Patron will probs rock up early next chapter to remind Boro of this. Salvia will probs witness it.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it'll survive tbh. The only reason I think that is because he shares an editor with Horikoshi. I'd assume that the editor knows how to capture a Japanese audience with using BnH as a reference. Plus it's not bad at all, I'd actually say that it's doing a much better job then like Red Sprite or even Amalgam was/is doing. Shit I think i5s beginning chapters are better then Black Clover
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I think it'll survive tbh. The only reason I think that is because he shares an editor with Horikoshi. I'd assume that the editor knows how to capture a Japanese audience with using BnH as a reference. Plus it's not bad at all, I'd actually say that it's doing a much better job then like Red Sprite or even Amalgam was/is doing. Shit I think i5s beginning chapters are better then Black Clover
I disagree so far. Though, I won't defend Amalgam or Red Sprite. DP's writing is average at best, but can also be quite cringeworthy. For example, the street thug in chapter 3 said that he would be fine to be a demon out of nowhere, without any reason. It only existed so Boros looked cool, when he said, that being a demon is not a good thing. I was also bothered by Veronikas effeminate appearance. Really hope, that it wasnt intended to let this villain look creepy by hinting that he was a trans-character(ironically, I've hoped to see more of him). I do like the premise of this manga, with the 108 demons, and kinda like the action, but I really dont get how Boros won this fight. He just run into a missile & yet Veronika was the one to lose. What?

By the way, I'm bothered by this world, too. Not only is it uninteresting so far, it feels schizophrenic-
We got a guy, who used a missile, a mini gun & grenades, and yet we also see knights with swords & shields. I've studied history AND played Final Fantasy, but this still looks so questionable. I dont think the mangaka really planned this world out at this point of the story.

I know I'm partly nitpicking, but besides its initial premise, I'm really not interested or entertained by Demon's Plan
And yeah, seeing missiles & knights in the same time period, just bothers me A LOT. Writing my own book, and I researched hours to define the time period and not to make any mistakes.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I disagree so far. Though, I won't defend Amalgam or Red Sprite. DP's writing is average at best, but can also be quite cringeworthy. For example, the street thug in chapter 3 said that he would be fine to be a demon out of nowhere, without any reason. It only existed so Boros looked cool, when he said, that being a demon is not a good thing. I was also bothered by Veronikas effeminate appearance. Really hope, that it wasnt intended to let this villain look creepy by hinting that he was a trans-character(ironically, I've hoped to see more of him). I do like the premise of this manga, with the 108 demons, and kinda like the action, but I really dont get how Boros won this fight. He just run into a missile & yet Veronika was the one to lose. What?

By the way, I'm bothered by this world, too. Not only is it uninteresting so far, it feels schizophrenic-
We got a guy, who used a missile, a mini gun & grenades, and yet we also see knights with swords & shields. I've studied history AND played Final Fantasy, but this still looks so questionable. I dont think the mangaka really planned this world out at this point of the story.

I know I'm partly nitpicking, but besides its initial premise, I'm really not interested or entertained by Demon's Plan
And yeah, seeing missiles & knights in the same time period, just bothers me A LOT. Writing my own book, and I researched hours to define the time period and not to make any mistakes.
That's why I said to a Japanese audience.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like it so far. Hope it continues, too many manga that I was reading have ended this year (although some like Bleach and Naruto...i was just reading out of habit). I like the idea, and this new chapter added some cool things to look forward to, like super strong factions. I'm also glad that not all abilities seem blood based...wasn't there a recent manga like that? The collectionist power had nothing to do with it, so I don't think it's just going to be guys running around bleeding everywhere, which could be pretty limiting for powers.

Hopefully it's a hit and the author can take his time (a lot of new manga seem to burn through stories and ideas trying to catch on, makes things feel unearned.)
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The premise of this is better in writing than it is in practice....
Sums it up quite nicely.

This has potential, but it's going for the basic shounen plot points. The Protag is a bit boring and has the cliche "protect everything and everyone mentality". It feels like the author is trying to subvert it somewhat by having it literally be his power basis, but he's still a pretty uninteresting dude. I do love the idea of the main Antagonist constantly showing himself to the Protagonist, who is unable to do anything about it. He's an ever present threat that's more bound to his own rules, rather than just waiting for the Protag to show up in his far away place. I also love the implications that the Protag might be on this journey for a long time. I hope this does go on for decades or centuries and the author takes the time to show the changes in the world as the Protag continues his quest.

The abilities are interesting as well as the naming conventions. Reminds me of Deadman Wonderland a bit. There could be some interesting abilities down the line. The Collectionist was basic, but had a good design.

But yeah, I'll keep up with it and hopefully the author does some interesting things down the line.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I agree about the main character being a bit uninteresting. He's your everyday run of the mill protagonist so I really hope this guy who wants to team up with him and Salvia have enough personality to make their "team" a little engaging, otherwise this will get boring. I did love the introduction of the Dogma. The "squad pic" was very nice. It makes me a bit more excited to see where this goes. It does make sense for some Demons to form teams or factions, but it might also be hard because in the end only one can/will remain.

I also like how unpredictable the Patron is. I don't think he's actually supposed to take such an active role like killing the Collectionist and possibly other contestants, I really thought he was just a guide for them. This makes me think he also has ulterior motives. He seems to want Carlos specifically winning this tournament, so there might be more beyond the "Demons Plan". Although I do wish he had killed the Collectionist in front of Boro just to show him that his "mercy" in a tournament like this is misplaced.

With this chapter I feel like things could really pick up. The Alliance is on its way as well, it will be nice to see some fights that don't involve Boro, and maybe see why "The Domineerist" is favored to win it all.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The beginning of this manga feels like the ending to Naruto, which idk if you would consider that a compliment or not. It was a weird dynamic but a different feel to feel like the final battle was already happening from the jump. Besides that, it's chills so far. Boro is generic in the case that his goal to save Carlos (Part 2-Naruto all over again) but he's bearable and somewhat funny which is all I ask out of a MC. Carlos is cooler though, I like the nice guy/op route he's on. Patron is the most interesting cause he could up being the final villain in a way but he's a clown who just randomly pops up to assist Boro. The whole "-ist" terms are dope too but to make 108 of those without feeling repetitive will be a tall task. The battle royale sounds hype and so does that squad goals shot of one of the Dogma's followers but seeing the collectist and that Velvet dude is there gonna be more cross-dressers/effeminate dudes in this series :fail. Salvia is aight for now, she could get better but nothing stands out to me from her yet. So far, so good I like this series. But too much focus on Boro trying to save Carlos could be cancer to the plot later down the road.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Solid chapter!
This is probably my favorite chapter so far, it finally feels as if this manga has gotten its pacing right, and the progression from the fight to where Eustass shows up was done wonderfully.
The Dogma is also a pretty interesting idea, although, wouldn't it be better if their faces were hidden...? Unless I'm used to the Akatsuki and Espada being in silhouettes when they were first introduced, but I guess change like this is also welcome.
The Domineerist looks pretty OP, cant wait for her to run into the PlotArmorist Boro, seriously, I'm salty that the Collectionist was in the end a plot device to show Boro's abilities and introduce him to the world of the demons. He would be such an interesting character if they had left him alive damn it.
Also, the Justist can't be trusted. The bigger plot twist would be him actually turning into a good guy.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think I'm the only one that's not bothered by his ability. Enemies have to take a unique approach at defeating him because he's the ultimate defense, but a weakness would be he has no offense. I think future battles will be interesting
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
We got introduced to the 'world of demons' I guess.

Expected factions to show up, but it's 4-man team? Surely there's more to it than that (I miss something). They all look weird man and I wasn't impressed other than having country-equivalent power. I can see them trying to recruit Carlos, he's gonna be awesome as the "destruction" demon.

The new guy Eustass really made this chapter, I'm happy there's someone like him.

Overall this chapter was better than the previous couple.

I think I'm the only one that's not bothered by his ability. Enemies have to take a unique approach at defeating him because he's the ultimate defense, but a weakness would be he has no offense. I think future battles will be interesting
I'm not bothered by it. Other than plot armour potential - but even that is fine as well if it's under the condition of protection (his desire, for which has been noted by Patron to be special).
 
Top