Discussion Denjiro, Koushiro and Kyoshiro

Who the hell is Denjiro

  • Kyoshiro

    Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Koushiro

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Scopper Gaban

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vito from the Firetank Pirates

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • someone else

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • completely new character

    Votes: 4 18.2%

  • Total voters
    22

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With the break coming up, what better time to discuss who Denjiro is....

All we know about Denjiro is that
He's one of the 9 scabbards
Oda has reused his silhouette

I create a poll to discuss of the most commonly brought up characters he could be... Here's my thoughts on why or why not each of their characters could be...

Koushiro:
Of the bat, clearly the most popular on the list. The fact that Koushiro is from Shimotsuki village, and wears the same emblem as the shimotsuki village in Wano makes this a real possibility. So clearly, the man from East Blue has connections to Wano. He wears glasses like Denjiro and has a similar ponytail.
Koushiro is 51 years old, make him from the incident 41 years ago a 10 year old. So the ages match too.
Also, Denjiro is shown to hold a sword that looks like Wado Ichimonji, but i dont think that is conclusive. If it is, we can seal them to be the same person.

I think the reasons why he cnanot be are:
the height. Denjiro is nearly the same height as Shutenmaru, who is pretty tall. While Koushiro is most likely normal height.
The timeline. Kuina was born 2 years after Roger's death, she would have been 22 years old. So we know Koushiro moved there atleast 22 years ago. Kinemon mentioned that Denjiro was executed 20 years ago in Wano before the timetravel happened.
If Oda does explain them being the same person, he will have to retcon something to accomodate the narrative.

Kyoshiro:
Clearly, there's very little similarity between Kyoshiro and Denjiro in looks. Other than a money swindler becoming the money guy for Orochi which is itself a stretch, there isnt much.
But it will fit well with Hiyori = Komurosaki. He uses two sword style just like Oden. Also, if Kyoshiro is somehow related to Koushiro or acquainted with him, that could explain the ease withwhich he dodged Zoro's attacks... There's also how they are written, but i am not the expert on that.

To me the conneciton would be in the following manner:
Denjiro was almost executed but perhaps escaped with his life on a thin thread. He changed his identity at some stage and provided Hiyori with one as well. On learning the scabbards reuniting, he let Komurosaki die so Hiyori can come back...
CUrrently is the active ruler of flower capital so the new identity wouldn't be a waste.

Scopper Gaban:
Pony tails and glasses but he's already introduced as Scopper Gaban. Besides, Scopper would be the same age as Roger, so would be in his late 70s


Vito is obviously a joke.

What are your thoughts? I think its probably too late to introduce him as the witching hour boy or a completely new character without connecting him to a known character... either ways, lets hear it!!!
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't recall it being mentioned that Denjiro was executed. :grumble

For those who have not seen it yet, Kyoshiro in the anime:

 
Last edited:

Sageofthezooted

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 15, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just floating this out here but could he be the guy that looks like a girl who was fighting along side Luffy and Zoro.I Can't remember his/her name.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just floating this out here but could he be the guy that looks like a girl who was fighting along side Luffy and Zoro.I Can't remember his/her name.
You mean Okiku? he's accounted for in the scabbards already.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Since it has been confirmed that Kyoshiro is actually both Denjiro and the Witching Hour Boy, I've had a chance to re-read some past chapters and wondered something.
First of all and just a random moment I noticed ( which is apparent in hindsight) is Hiyori's reaction to finding out from Brook that the Witching Hour Boy was captured. She was shocked and couldn't believe it. At the time I thought maybe she was just aware of this person's good deeds to the people, until you later find out that this person is actually Denjiro and that she was worried about his life and imminent execution (ch941 I think).

Secondly I wonder if Yasui knew who the real Witching Hour Boy was and Denjiro's true identity as Kyoshiro?
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Since it has been confirmed that Kyoshiro is actually both Denjiro and the Witching Hour Boy, I've had a chance to re-read some past chapters and wondered something.
First of all and just a random moment I noticed ( which is apparent in hindsight) is Hiyori's reaction to finding out from Brook that the Witching Hour Boy was captured. She was shocked and couldn't believe it. At the time I thought maybe she was just aware of this person's good deeds to the people, until you later find out that this person is actually Denjiro and that she was worried about his life and imminent execution (ch941 I think).

Secondly I wonder if Yasui knew who the real Witching Hour Boy was and Denjiro's true identity as Kyoshiro?
I don't think anyone but Hyori knew who Kyoshiro was. He seemed to be extra careful, not even telling the other Scabbards when they appeared 20 years later.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Denjiro's efforts over the last 20 years need some serious applause. And I mean public applause. Somehow, the citizens of Wano need to recognise he was the one robbing from the rich, and he protected the Kozuki bloodline.

I the scabbards will be captured, brought back to the Flower Capital to be executed. Orochi will yell it to everyone, what Denjiro did, so he can kill off all their hope in front of their eyes execution style.

Then there's a comeback and Kyoshiro is an important player in the win. I know Kin'emon is the leader, but I can't help but think at some point in this arc it will be Denjiro who takes on the mantle.
 
Top