- Joined
- Apr 14, 2008
- Messages
- 950
- Reaction score
- 351
- Country
-
I've seen some translation problems in DGM chapters and I think could be interesting to have a threat where we can index all the possible discussions.
I'll make a list here classified by chapters with all the objections. Since i dont really know japanese i'll be just able to post here all the ones that can affect the plot of this series you share.
Shared by Defade.
Thanks to sparviero-92 and Defade
Nea's words to Allen in chp 198, from Spanish version.
If you remember another one or have something to say about the ones already written, just tell me!
I'll make a list here classified by chapters with all the objections. Since i dont really know japanese i'll be just able to post here all the ones that can affect the plot of this series you share.
Pg 16
"What would you do if I told you you'll have to kill someone you love" (from ch 167)
to
"When you become the 14th you will have to kill people who are important to you"
(Spanish translation agrees this 2nd version, according to ch 167)
Pg 22 and 24
"Today we hold a party in celebration of your expulsion"
to
"Today we hold a party to celebrate you'll leave the order by yourself"
(Thanks to Defade^^ It's correct?)
Pg 29
"Perhaps, the woman who made you slit Alma, does she have anything to do with this"
to
"??"
"What would you do if I told you you'll have to kill someone you love" (from ch 167)
to
"When you become the 14th you will have to kill people who are important to you"
(Spanish translation agrees this 2nd version, according to ch 167)
Pg 22 and 24
"Today we hold a party in celebration of your expulsion"
to
"Today we hold a party to celebrate you'll leave the order by yourself"
(Thanks to Defade^^ It's correct?)
Pg 29
"Perhaps, the woman who made you slit Alma, does she have anything to do with this"
to
"??"
pg 7
"35 years ago, when the 14th was killed, you all received memory damage."
to
"When the 14th killed you all 35 years ago, you received damages to your memories."(lit: You who were killed by the 14th 35 years ago suffered damages to your memories.)
pg 13
"7000 years ago...that guy....after fighting using the "heart" and being defeated by the first apostle, myself, in the world which had been destroyed by the great flood, the remaining 12 apostles, like a second Adam, became ancestors to modern humanity"
to
"7000 years ago...after I, the first apostle, was defeated in battle by that guy -the "heart"-, the surviving 12 apostles took on their role as a second Adam in this world destroyed by the Great Flood, and became the ancestors to modern humanity."
pg 15
"I couldn't remember anyone other than his face..."
to
"Nobody but me remembers his face anymore..."
pg 34
"The 14th's name is kinda long. Let's just call him a young man."
to
"'The 14th' is quite a mouthful, so I'll just stick with 'boy'."
Pg 12
"You people brutally murdered the then-head using Alma"
to
"Your families' heads back then were brutally murdered by Alma."
pg 14~15
"Until Alma stops regenerating, Yu..."
"...will be torn apart limb by limb."
to
"Yu tore apart Alma..."
"Until he[Alma] could no longer regenerate..."
"35 years ago, when the 14th was killed, you all received memory damage."
to
"When the 14th killed you all 35 years ago, you received damages to your memories."(lit: You who were killed by the 14th 35 years ago suffered damages to your memories.)
pg 13
"7000 years ago...that guy....after fighting using the "heart" and being defeated by the first apostle, myself, in the world which had been destroyed by the great flood, the remaining 12 apostles, like a second Adam, became ancestors to modern humanity"
to
"7000 years ago...after I, the first apostle, was defeated in battle by that guy -the "heart"-, the surviving 12 apostles took on their role as a second Adam in this world destroyed by the Great Flood, and became the ancestors to modern humanity."
pg 15
"I couldn't remember anyone other than his face..."
to
"Nobody but me remembers his face anymore..."
pg 34
"The 14th's name is kinda long. Let's just call him a young man."
to
"'The 14th' is quite a mouthful, so I'll just stick with 'boy'."
Pg 12
"You people brutally murdered the then-head using Alma"
to
"Your families' heads back then were brutally murdered by Alma."
pg 14~15
"Until Alma stops regenerating, Yu..."
"...will be torn apart limb by limb."
to
"Yu tore apart Alma..."
"Until he[Alma] could no longer regenerate..."
Page 7
http://mangastream.com/read/d_gray_man/29967377/7
alma
「それも…ひどく伯爵と…… ……っ」
"and I...the Earl"
I think the translation of this line is off
same page
kanda
「もう喋んなバカ」
"don't speak anymore"
a 'baka' was lost (it doesn't really matter but..)
****
Also,
トクサ「そのまま…」ゴボボ「イノセンスでアルマ細胞を弱め…ろ」
"Stay like that...keep on weakening the innocence and Alma cells"
The translator probably read it wrong, but it's actually:
"Keep weakening the Alma cells with innocence..."
http://mangastream.com/read/d_gray_man/29967377/7
alma
「それも…ひどく伯爵と…… ……っ」
"and I...the Earl"
I think the translation of this line is off
same page
kanda
「もう喋んなバカ」
"don't speak anymore"
a 'baka' was lost (it doesn't really matter but..)
****
Also,
トクサ「そのまま…」ゴボボ「イノセンスでアルマ細胞を弱め…ろ」
"Stay like that...keep on weakening the innocence and Alma cells"
The translator probably read it wrong, but it's actually:
"Keep weakening the Alma cells with innocence..."
Nea's words to Allen in chp 198, from Spanish version.
Pages 12-13:
Nea:
"He's mad."
"The Millennium Earl has lost his mind."
"He has forgotten everything..."
"And he's become a mere destruction puppet."
Pages 14-15:
Nea:
"I'm afraid, you also, "Allen"."
"You have become another crazy puppet."
Page 16:
Allen:
"Tykki?"
"(No... it's not him...)"
Nea:
"I am the Noah number 14 that destroys everthing."
"NEA."
Nea:
"He's mad."
"The Millennium Earl has lost his mind."
"He has forgotten everything..."
"And he's become a mere destruction puppet."
Pages 14-15:
Nea:
"I'm afraid, you also, "Allen"."
"You have become another crazy puppet."
Page 16:
Allen:
"Tykki?"
"(No... it's not him...)"
Nea:
"I am the Noah number 14 that destroys everthing."
"NEA."
If you remember another one or have something to say about the ones already written, just tell me!

Last edited: