Games - DGM Video Games | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games DGM Video Games

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

D.Gray-man: Kami no Shitotachi (D.Gray-man: The Apostles of God)
Genre: Action/Adventure
Release Date: March 29th
Screenshots & Extras: Here
Official Website: Konami's D.Gray-man DS Website

I also got some more information about the game (based on Babelfish's translation so it may or may not be accurate):

• There will be voice acting
  • You can pick the exorcist of your choice.
  • It will follow the original storyline except your character will be on the mission (i.e. If you choose Kanda, he will be on the mission to the Rewinding Town).
  • You will see original development of your choice character.
  • For the gameplay, you use the touch pen for shooting/attack, The top and bottom picture will separate what is going on from the gameplay (i.e. one will display what the character is doing while the other is solving a puzzle)??? The translation is kinda confusing in this part.

I guess if you preordered the game, you will receive an Allen Walker protection cover for your DS or DS Lite.

I'll post more info if I find out some more.

tune

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: dgm ds game

looks great~ but i don't have a ds... ;_;
*wants the chibi-icons on the map-like screen...*

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I want this game too, but I have no DS either ;_;

Raijatsu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

looks like dragon quest swords with akumas -.-
dunno I don't think I'd play it

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States

*wants the protection cover more than the game* ........I'm such a fangirl XD

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Djmewmew said:
*wants the protection cover more than the game* ........I'm such a fangirl XD
Haha thats what catched my attention too xDDD

As for the game I am quite curious how it will look like and especially play liket...

@snoogen0120 cool game thread...we need more of those :) xD ^^

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

To perk your interest, I found this picture from the game on the dgm lj community:

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

snoogen0120 said:
To perk your interest, I found this picture from the game on the dgm lj community:

Though it doesnt shows us anything from the real game xD but cool find :)

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States

*sees the screenshot*

*explodes*
..............thats twisted, violent (I mean OW, thats his hands, he needs them for......stuff......)......but somehow awesome XD *adds crazy to list of traits next to 'Allen Fangirl'*

tune

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

thanks snoogen0120! what a find o_o~

that'll mean there can be that many possibilities at each junction of the stories...i can't wait to know more about all of them! :D

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

The official website updated!. Here is some more information (based on Babelfish's translation):

ActionxAdventure
You play Allen Walker who is sent to locate some Innocence and defeat the Akuma. Kanda and Lenalee join you in your journey.

If you click on the screenshot, you will get some more information. Anyway, after you received an order from Komui, you will start your mission. You will search on a map, which will advance the story. Based on your selection, your actions will change the storyline and your companion. I am guessing that mean if you decide to do one thing instead of another, you may have Lavi as your partner instead of Lenalee, etc. However, the other characters can still accompany you on your journey and you can unite a pair of exorcists, which will start a simultaneous search and protection of an Innocence. <- The part of the other exorcists joining you may be a little inaccurate.

To attack the Akuma, you use the touchscreen. To do some of Allen's (and other exorcists') moves, you draw on the screen with the touch pen. The pen can also be used to defend. There is a shooting gauge in which the player will have to fill up in order to use it. To activate the weapon, just use the touch pen. I am guessing that they also give tips on how to do Cross Grave and Kaichū: Ichigen.

Story & Event
You start at the Black Order's HQ and sent to The Ghost of Mateel arc. Based on selective circumstances, an "IF" scenario can occur and Lavi may accompany you in this mission!

As the story advances and combines with a specific requirement (what "キャラ" means?) , a "full-voiced and event illustration" scene will occur. The site also mentions about about original development and shows the picture of Kanda vs Road.

Characters & CV
No information yet

Topics & Tips
No information yet

Movie
The TV commercials will be uploaded on March 7th and 9th. The Jump Festa trailer is up so you can watch it.

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

the movie *_*.....I want to play it...;_;

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

I also notice something on the main page. If you click on the mail icon, you can read the seiyuu's comments (only Allen, Lenalee, and Kanda). Unfortunately, I cannot use Babelfish to find out what they said.

Djmewmew

Reaction score
Country
United States

wow, Ravi looks really emo on that front page XD *glomps*

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

the website now has the 15 second commerical online

destinator

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

looks like a text only rpg xD

rhapsody blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

The Character & CV link is updated. It only has Allen, Lenalee, Komui, Reever, and Jeryy so far.

*EDIT* Got the character profiles for Kanda, Lavi, Miranda, and Lala.
*2nd EDIT* Got the last two characters' profiles - Krory and Road.

Here is the summary of the profiles:
Allen Walker: The protagonist of the story; he has an anti-Akuma weapon (parasitic type) in his left arm. After training for 3 years with General Cross, he joined the Black Order. In his past, he brought his foster father back as an Akuma, which he destroyed with his own hand.
Timcanpy: The golem was made by General Cross Marian. It currently accompanies Allen in his journey.
Lenalee Lee: An exorcist who is also an assistant to the Chief Officer, who is actually her brother. Her anti-Akuma weapon is known as "Black Boots."
Yu Kanda: An exorcist of the Black Order; his Innocence is a katana called Mugen. Because of duty, he looks cooly at his companion and will commit murder if annoyed.
Lavi: A successor of Bookman who writes the hidden history of this world. He uses a hammer for his anti-Akuma weapon.
Arystar Krory: He lives and is confined in an ancient castle, where he takes care of his deceased grandfather's rare collection. He is feared by the villagers to be a vampire, but...
Komui Lee: A young genius who is the Chief Officer for the Black Order. He is very doting toward his sister. ;)
Reever Wenhamm: Squad Leader of the Science Section. He is always full of worry dealing with Komui.
Jeryy: The chef for the Black Order. He can be motherly.
Lala: A girl who lives in Mateel. She has a beautiful singing voice.
Miranda Lotto: An unhappy woman who has been fired for the 100th time. An Innocence has caused her town to repeat October 28th 30 times so far, which she only notices with alarm. Luckily, Allen is there to help her.
Road Kamelot: She has the genes of mankind's oldest apostle, Noah. "The Noah Family," she says; she has superhuman ablity.

-
The Topics & Tips is updated. The opening page just mentioned that they started on The Ghost of Mateel Arc. After you click on the Chapter X 『人形の想い』 (Chapter X: "The Doll") link, you will get 13 scenes. I'll try my best to summarize them using babelfish.

Scene 1: The Ghost of Mateel
Allen accompanied by a Finder named Toma is sent by the Black Order to an ancient city called Mateel. There they will investigate a legend about the "Ghost of Mateel" which is actually a moving doll.

Scene 2: The Akuma that Copies Body
Suddenly, Toma's colleagues stop communicating with them! In the city, an enraged Pierrot (the lvl 2 Akuma) searches for the Innocence.

Scene 3: Lala and Guzol
The doll is protected by a barrier; however, the barrier will broke sooner or later. While Allen distracts the Akuma, the others flee to the underground city.

Scene 4: The Exorcist Who Is Separated
Pierrot copies Allen's form and use the exorcist's moves against him. The attack throws Allen into the inner parts of the underground city. Because of this, Allen and パートナーキャラ (I guess, the exorcist who is your partner for this mission) are divided into two groups. Communicating with the partner through Timcanpy, he will continue search even in such a circumstance.

Scene 5: Lala Escapes
After a while, you (don't know who is this preferring to) become tired. However, Pierrot is in the underground city, searching for the missing Lala and Guzol. This is where the adventure part of the game begins! The player must work with his exorcist partner to solve the puzzle in order to save the two.

Scene 6: 2 Toma's!?
As Allen searches for Lala, he bumps into 2 Toma's! One of them is the real person while the other is the Akuma who stole his form...destroy the fake with your left hand! (It's cheesy, but oh well)

Scene 7: The Action Scene of Pierrot (the Akuma)
Finding the fake Toma will reveal an action scene! After the victory (I guess the player), the Akuma will disappear into the dust and sand...

Scene 8: The Search for Lala...Hearing Her Singing
From another part of Mateel, the doll is singing a song. Upon discovering the room, the "moving" Innocence will immediately try to hide.

Scene 9: The Truth of the Doll
As for Allen, he now knows the truth that Lala is the doll. A desperate Lala immediately start to attack him so a reluctant Allen prepares to protect himself...

Scene 10a: Hesitation and Desire (CASE: Kanda)
Allen hesitates on taking the Innocence from Lala despites Kanda's orders. As Allen, you must decide!

Scene 10b: Hesitation and Desire (CASE: Lavi)
An original scenario that is not from the manga! You can pick another partner (e.g. Lavi) besides Kanda for this mission and see a different development occur!

Scene 11: The Sudden Attack of the Akuma
Suddenly, the Akuma appears and attacks. You must protect Lala!

Scene 12: Allen's Crisis
When Allen is in a pinch, his partner (depends on choice) quickly comes to guard him.

Scene 13: The Promise 2
The conclusion of the impression...Your hand (choice) will verify the scene!

Finished summarizing the scenes.

Last edited:

Shaddix

Reaction score
Country
Spain

I don't know why, but I can't see the movies.
When I click the link of the movies, it downloads a short file and my Winamp does not read it...
I've tried on Windows Media Player, and the same, I cannot see it.
Can someone upload them to YouTube? C'mon, please...

By the way, I expected a 2D beat em'up, like they did with FMA (I loved that game but the lack of more combos made me leave it) but it seems to be a mini-game based game., right?

Siru

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think you have to Right Click and "Save Target As" and then try to play it. That's what I did on Windows Media Player 10 and it got working.