Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
That's amazing! For comparison, Jump SQ, the magazine that D.Gray-Man's in, has a circulation of around 500,000. That means that D.Gray-Man Volume 19 sold more copies than an entire monthly issue of the magazine!
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
That's great. DGM still manage to maintain high sales is a great news to me. Hope it gets improvement for future volume sales. xD
 

ca12nag3

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
3,261
Reaction score
659
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
ive never been worried bout that :P good to see DGM doing well.
 

Orpheus 2

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yup, it's quite an impressive feat on her part.

Although I'm worried about the sales of the next volume since it is mostly about Kanda from what I could tell so far.
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Yup, it's quite an impressive feat on her part.

Although I'm worried about the sales of the next volume since it is mostly about Kanda from what I could tell so far.
no need to be worried; kanda is VERY popular in Japan! :tem Actually I wouldn't be too surprised if it will sell even more than vol 19 :p
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Japanese fans are very different from Western fans. They tend to enjoy backstory a lot more than we do, especially when it's for their favorite characters.

And really, by rights, Volume 19's sales are subpar when compared to other volumes. It already suffered a lot from all of the hiatus' Hoshino has taken.
 

ca12nag3

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
3,261
Reaction score
659
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I dunno, a arc completely centered on 1 character even if its a main character with high popularity can still be a disapointment, well have to see how this works out lol.
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
I think it should be more than 500,000 copies as always. I'll be happy if it's even higher.^^

On the other hand, we still to wait a long time before knowing the vol 20's sales.:(
 

ca12nag3

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
3,261
Reaction score
659
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
well a lot will depend on it, normaly you have a volume every 3 months or so, now it will be at least 5, so she needs to upsell.
 

p1xel

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Woah,the covers are really good.
We see the manga specific style:)
 

Mangafee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
well, hope vol. 19 soon will come out in english or german ^^
of course i'll buy it then!
i already have all the other vols ^^
even thought i think most people here have them -,-
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
well, hope vol. 19 soon will come out in english or german ^^
of course i'll buy it then!
i already have all the other vols ^^
even thought i think most people here have them -,-
Tokyopop releases volume 19 in Germany in August,quite a long time^^'
 

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
We only just got v. 16 in English in the US.
 

ying_su

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
950
Reaction score
351
Country
Winterfell
We only just got v. 16 in English in the US.
We're waiting for the latest volume released in Japan (vol19), here in Spain. :)
 

p1xel

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I look at that covers more and more and they are getting just better and better in my eyes.I never saw that type of volume drawings,awesome!
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

I have no clue where to post this riki. xD
D.Gray-Man vol 20 will go on sale in Japan on June 4. ^_^

Moderator Notice:
No problem. I'll just move it to the correct thread. ^^~ riki
 
Last edited by a moderator:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I saw this on DGM's website:

お知らせ
JC20巻の発売について。ジャンプSQ.6月号の扉ページで7月2日発売と表記してい
ますが、6月4日発売の間違いです。謹んでお詫び申し上げます
From what I got from babelfish, it's an error. I guess July 2nd is supposed to be the release date for Vol. 20.
 
Top