Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

fuff

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
156
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
A little bigger version:



---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I think the socks (is there another name for that?) should be dark, almost everything looks very pretty apart from the pink part on the hair.
Since i dislike pink, i didn't like the pink shoes and innocence.

the pink and purple hair colour reminds me of the stocking from panty and stockings lol

also y is hoshino colouring lena's hair purple when its green
 

Mango-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
193
Reaction score
129
Gender
Female
Country
United States
@Fuff: I thought of Stocking too. xD

Wait wait wait, where is all the purple?
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Lenalee's hair isn't green either. It's black. Hoshino said a while ago that she likes to play with the characters' colors.
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I really need to say that this cover is just awesome... Hoshino always do a good work! love her style <3
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I pretty sure Lenalee's hair was only ever greenish in the anime.
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I don't remember Lenalee's hair color from anime. I only remember that she had it with blue, green and white brithness in those cards.
But then, i don't know who colored those cards.
It's really something close to green, right?

 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Wow, that's right. It is highlighted very green there. Let's just agree that Lenalee's hair is rainbow.

But holy crap you guys. Juxtaposing that volume 3 cover with the most recent one... Look at how different!
 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
YES!!! Another awesome volume cover from DGM!!! xD Didn't expect volume 22 to be release in June so it's awesome. xD
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Such a beautiful cover! *A* I like the style and colours Hoshino used, the colouring style was surprising, but I love it! :D
It's amazing how far Hoshino's come since vol#3! O_O Just look at the anatomy improvement <3

In canon, Lenalee's hair is black, but the reflecting light seem to change(just Hoshino playing around like with Allen's scar) :P

... Lets just say that Lenalee's hair now reflects the purple world Hoshino has turned DGM into :'D

How do you think this volume will do? I wouldn't be surprised if it sells quite well just because of the cover; Lenalee is very popular in Japan, and hasn't had a cover in ages ^^
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Well, volume 22 contains the very end of Kanda arc, so it might keep the 400-450k copies of sales. Maybe more cause of the cover. ^_^
Kanda fans + Lenalee fans = double win. :P
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i'm pretty sure that it will sell more than 500.000 copies. This volume has what lot of fans of dgm wanted: Allen leaving the order! I expect at least 450.000 ~ 500.000 copies in the first week :))
 

ca12nag3

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
3,261
Reaction score
659
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I like it but i still think the vol3 cover is more Lenalee-DGM. I dunno how else to explain it but it just doesnt strike me with awe like other covers. Maybe its the colors or the pose i dunno. The last great cover for me was perhaps cover 20. I got all the volumes released in english, so ill ofc but 22 when its out but the cover slightly disapoints me.

I think its the colorchoice ^^"

Or maybe that its getting out of sync with the arcs in the volumes i dunno.

Thing is most covers would stick to the arc up till lately. I just expect a Apo cover and a Alma cover but we didnt get one. (Sadly)
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I like it but i still think the vol3 cover is more Lenalee-DGM. I dunno how else to explain it but it just doesnt strike me with awe like other covers. Maybe its the colors or the pose i dunno. The last great cover for me was perhaps cover 20. I got all the volumes released in english, so ill ofc but 22 when its out but the cover slightly disapoints me.

I think its the colorchoice ^^"

Or maybe that its getting out of sync with the arcs in the volumes i dunno.

Thing is most covers would stick to the arc up till lately. I just expect a Apo cover and a Alma cover but we didnt get one. (Sadly)
But this volume has a "B" cover, like the 21 where were alma(akuma), kandaxalma kids, zuu, bak etc. We didn't see this second cover already.
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Well, we don't know what characters Hoshino will choose for the backcover (Link perhaps and transformed Thirds? or maybe only Link, Sherryl and Fiddler?) and the volume's inner cover (the funny one). And there's also the character/s for the thanks page, do you remember Neah in the 21st? ^^
 
Last edited:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
You're right, Lomahongva. I forget that there's still so much more to see. :D It's really exciting. Too bad the US won't get to see this volume in English for quite a bit longer. ;-; Seeing the back cover and everything else will be great. And if anyone gets the volume right away and sees some of the pages that Hoshino had touched up or redrawn, please post some comparisons!
 

NonExisted

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1,640
Gender
Hidden
Country
Vietnam
Thanks a lot, riki :D
As expected, we have the Apo guy (sorry, I've tried but I can't remember his name:darn) and Link (plus Tykki and Road) on the back.:D
Link's hair is well-colored. I think the color scheme is going back to the way it used to be. :D
And I wonder what makes Allen so angry (or happy) that he shivered like that.
 
Last edited:

Mango-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
193
Reaction score
129
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Rainbow tease!
Tyki and Road probably charged Allen for that breakout. 8D
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Apo is white... ewwwwwwwwwwwww. :barf
Nice backcover, but i prefer gray Tyki over brown Tyki. Brown and purple don't match well and his hand is purple from his Noah power thing.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Oh shit, the butterflies are orange and green. :barf
:rant Bring back my purple butterflies now!
 
Top