Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I knew Apo was white!Anyway,great backcover!I even prefer it over the actual cover.
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
HAHAH i knew this! Hoshino put the apo-kun on the back cover! Yay
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
oh, is the volume 19 the first one on Jump SQ?

The sales numbers:
DGM 15: 632,495
DGM 16: 578,669
DGM 17: 636,506
DGM 18: 525,802
DGM 19: 577,093
DGM 20: 528,924
DGM 21: 526,455

From the Top Selling Lists of years 2008-2009-2010-2011
 
Last edited:

aorin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
374
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Wow, that's a pretty cover! 8D And the back cover looks amazing too even if Apo-san somehow managed to make it despite only appearing for three chapters or so =.= Anyway, Lenalee looks gorgeous~
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow Asclepius, i was doing this that you did! xD I'll search for the other volumes :))

waiting for the translation of the omake xD
 
Last edited:

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
This is the most wonderful gift of the day!!!:lovebunny riki thank you!!! :hug
What a backcover!!!! I'm not sure of knowing a brilliant adjective to descrive it; it's so awesome... Apo looks more terrifiying than in the black/white chapters... And Tikky is more tanned but it makes him sexier. And there's Link,... he deserves it:tem.
The Order's main building (I think) as background...that makes it greater.

The omake... may be Allen has been charged for the damages in the Order... Waiting for tha translation:tem
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
DGM 14: 596,850

DGM 10 was on 8th place in the top-selling manga in 2007.

I see all on anime news network =) *the others volumes wasn't there.*
 
Last edited:

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
In my opinion, Hoshino's back covers are better than the front covers.

And wow, very little purple on the back cover! Hoshino's purple copic must've dried out from all of the overuse.
 

fuff

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2010
Messages
537
Reaction score
156
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
this is the first time...i ve seen a bkac cover or mangas...the jap one at least what was the back cover for volume 20 and 21?
 

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Don't really have the time to do the translation of the omake atm, but the paper is basically one of those fortune-telling slips that tell you how your luck will be like in the future, as well as some comments/advice on some aspect of your life, e.g. love life, whether you'll find lost things or not, etc.

The one Allen got is bad (凶), but at least it's not the worst one you can get (which I think is 大凶).
 
Last edited:

hopeandlight

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
491
Reaction score
92
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
he's not even spared in the omake
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
I like how she's put young Cross (from Reverse) in the volume :D That's pretty interesting... ;)
And the Character book cover looks amazing!! So many amazing characters *A* I LOVE IT! :D
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
yay! the character book cover is just awesome! love it ♥____♥

i really want the poster of the chapter 202 scanned xD
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Woah,i totally missed the character book cover!Love it!I want to see it in big >__>
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Ew, she reused that old image of Cross. That would've made an interesting cover though, now that I think about it.

But the character book cover - wow. Amazing. Her art has really improved since her hiatus. Allen's wearing the Fourteenth's coat again, and everybody has their natural colors. The Exorcist uniform is red and not pink or purple. *_*
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Amazing!!! I really like the cover of the characterbook. OMG, why they don't publish the rest of the DGM books in spain?? And also: why they don't give us the posters??? I'd like to buy this new one.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Yay, I loved the chapters with their finished look. :D You're right, it does looks relatively the same when you compare them. The lines and everything are just a bit cleaner and the backgrounds, like you said.

I cannot WAIT for the character book, judging by that image! Yes, we definitely need a bigger and clearer version. UGHHH. I'm so ready for this ext month. XDDD I'm gonna die of happiness. This is better than Christmas. lmao!
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Bad News: unless Volume 23 has five chapters, it will have to be released in January 2012 at the earliest. So that's a seven month gap... Pretty depressing considering that DGM used to have a new volume every three months.
 
Last edited:
Top