Did Ace Survive...

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
black beard is confirmed to be alive, and even was granted the title of the new shichibukai.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, Blackbeard isn't dead. He became a Shichibukai like he wanted to. Bartholomew Kuma came and told Moria that in chapter 474.
 

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
it was said bb was able to get away from wb's revenge, so maybe it was a draw?
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
it was said bb was able to get away from wb's revenge, so maybe it was a draw?
BB has already killed one of WB's captains, and BB defeated Ace not too long ago, hence the Shichibukai position. The fight between Ace and BB wouldn't have been a draw, and suffice to say, the odds of Ace being dead are quite good.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Dunno.. I still believe that Ace is alive and my theory of the "Save Ace Saga".
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The only argument I can see for Ace being alive is that Oda doesn't like to kill people off. On the other hand, that's a pretty strong argument, which is why I say that the chances of Ace being dead and the chances of him being held prisoner by the World Government (and probably being tortured for information on Whitebeard's movements, or something like that) are about equal. I personally think that he's alive and a prisoner of the World Government, but that's mostly because I like Ace, and because it would put him in a position of defeat without actually making him dead, which is seems to fit with Oda's style more. We won't know until Kuma tells Luffy at the end of the Thriller Bark arc, which I am sure will happen. That should be 5-6 chapters from now, I think.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Yea.. Oda doesnt like to kill people.. Even Crocodile is held prisoner instead of simply being dead!
 

Freakzin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
295
Reaction score
15
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
yes but we're talkin about flashbacks here, he's killed tons of ppl in flashbacks, Gol D. Roger, Nami's Mom, damn i can't remember any other
i don't want him dead, i'm just sayin we can't rule the possibility out
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I didn't rule it out. And those flashbacks killed off characters who existed only to die in the flashback anyway, basically. Characters who never appeared in the present time-line. Ace DID appear in the present time-line, so just because it was a flashback doesn't mean that it implies that he's dead.
 

KyleUchiha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think Ace is dead. He is a rather interesting and likabe character and I believe he has more to offer to the story than just dying at the hands of BB.

Although, if Ace did die, that would provide a lot of motivation for Luffy to want to go after BB. But if Ace did just get captured and taken to Impel Down, that sounds like Enies Lobby all over again, where they will rescue someone from the government. And I don't think Oda would repeat the same type of plot device for a major arc again so soon.

But it would seem like a waste if BB or the Government did kill him, like Imitorar said, he would be very valuable on having info about WB.
 
Last edited:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You know, Ace could be a prisoner of the World Government without a repeat of the Enies Lobby arc happening. Luffy could just decide that it'd be better not to interfere with business between Whitebeard and the World Government, or that he can't afford to go backwards to wherever Ace is. My point is, even if Ace is alive, there might probably won't be a "Rescue Ace" arc.
 

KyleUchiha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah that is possible, but it just doesn't seem like Luffy to sit back and not interfere. We saw how far he was willing to go for Robin. I wonder how far he would go for Ace?
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
And there's still the mystery to be solved about Ace's last name - Portagas. :s
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Actually, has Ace's Wanted poster ever been seen? Because I wanna know what the official romaji is for his name. His first name is definitely Ace, since the tatoo on his shoulder says so, but how is "Portugasu" Romanized? I always figured it was "Portugas" because it sounded more pirate-like, more like it came from the name of a real pirate, probably one from Portugal, which seems to be the case. And Portgas just sounds bad, while Portugas sounds cool. But Kaizoku, the Manga Editors, and 4Kids all translated it as Portgaz. I wonder alot how Viz will do it in a few months, but I also wonder if Oda himself ever gave official romaji for Ace's name in a Wanted poster, which is the usual source for official Romanizations in One Piece. So does anyone know if Ace's Wanted poster has ever been shown?
 

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Its Portgas.

And no his wanted poster has never been shown.
 

KyleUchiha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All the websites that I go to, that have one piece, seem to always refer to him as Portgas D. Ace

And if you type Portugas D. Ace in Google, it will ask "did you mean Portgas D. Ace". So I suppose it is Portgas D. Ace. (But I agree, Portugas sounds much better).

And I'm pretty sure it never said his bounty. Though, there was that one spoiler where it implied that Ace at least had a 400 million bounty, but that turned out to be a fake I believe.

And it will be a shame if he did die against BB without us ever knowing his bounty. Though I suppose Kuma could still mention his bounty, regardless of whether he lived or died.
 
Last edited:

Timeless

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well, there's another argument for Ace being alive (other than the obvious one) I don't know if anyone else has put this out there, but remember Alabasta? Ace gave Luffy a piece of paper and told him it would let them meet again, or something to that effect. This still hasn't played out its role.
 

KyleUchiha

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Yeah, I had forgotten about the piece of paper. Ace does say that will allow us "to meet again" and I don't think Oda would have let Ace say that if they weren't going to meet again.
 

bradz22

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
130
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
No, I don't want Ace to be dead. Franky can be dead for all i care, just not Ace. Hope Shanks can eat a devil fruit later to strengthen him because he lost his left arm.


I wonder what's in that piece of paper that will make them meet each other again. Maybe there's some crossover from Naruto and Ace knows Hiraishin No Jutsu/Flying Thunder God Technique. Lol!!!
 
Last edited:

vapourrain

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
my first post
well I hope Ace still alive..
n I remember there are no present character in OP dead
the dead chara is on the past
 
Top