Did Ace Survive...

hollowfied

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
It was a flashback..3 days in the past.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And even if it weren't people have died in the present before. It's just that as somebody said on a different forum, in order to die in One Piece you must either be:

1. A character from another character's flashback backstory, usually an important parental figure.

2. Some nameless, faceless character nobody really cares about.

3. Bellamy.

But Ace could well be dead, since his death would actually mean something, and it's not like characters only die in flashbacks. That isn't a good enough reason for Ace to be alive.
 

arcrouma

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I have never seen any death of significant character in one piece story ( except the past character ones )
also, I cannot conclude bellamy is dead yet although it is almost 100%
So, ace also most likely won't die

I wonder why characters in one piece are so hard to die :s :s
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
More like i wonder why pirates don't kill.. =S
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Scroll down a bit, and you'll see your answer. I assume that the other Straw Hats don't kill people either because since they're in Luffy's crew, they adopt his values, at least in part. Though I think they've killed a few times, at least some of them. Zoro killed those bounty hunters on Whiskey Peak, for one. But other then that, I don't think any of the Straw Hats has killed anyone since joining. And like I said, what I linked to and the fact that they want to adopt some of Luffy's morals is probably the reason why.
 

MrStrawHat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
I would have to say Fatally injuryed, but NOT dead. Something tells me he is dead, but I decided to kill that thing and Brain-wash myself. Either that or Luffy will be SUPER PISSED at BB and Go CRAZY-A## on him!
 
Last edited:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If Ace came back, that would be nice, but given the latest events, I think that Kuma came to TB, not only for Moria, but maybe to tell Luffy the fate of Ace at this point, that he's captured or maybe that he in fact died, which would make for a painfully serious spread.
 

Wale

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
190
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
I do not believe in the fact that Ace died. Blackbeard wanted to catch Luffy, not to kill him. According to me Ace is now in Impel Down and the Straw Hat Pirates or Whitebeard will set him free.
 

bolsjhevik

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I do not believe in the fact that Ace died. Blackbeard wanted to catch Luffy, not to kill him. According to me Ace is now in Impel Down and the Straw Hat Pirates or Whitebeard will set him free.
i think so too....
the WB know that ace was in prison so they'll go there n save him....

and then i think that SH will be captured by the WG and then they manage to escape with ace just like "Prison Break" serial.....that will be nice...:D
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Exactly, Ace is in a malnourished state being imprisoned in a maximum security prison. He is weakened due to being confined and locked behind the walls which prohibit devils fruit powers.

His life card/paper is shrinking because his life is rotting away in a cell. He is getting weaker being confined there, but he is not dead. Once he is freed expect to see his card increase in size until it is at its original state.
 
Top