Did Togashi Foreshadow Gon's transformation ?

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know this is a little far fetched because this is pretty much explaining Kurapika's Nen but still.. what do you guys think ?

Read the last panel on this page



and the first two panels on this page

 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think that's less of a foreshadowing and more that Togashi already introduced something that can be used later on. Hm, how to explain this.

For me, that particular scene was foreshadowing what Kurapika will do with his Nen to combat the Spiders. It does have something to do with Gon's transformation, but for me that scene was specifically foreshadowing Kurapika since Yorkshin is his arc.

In Gon's case, a possible foreshadowing would be when Kurapika explained the restrictions to him, thus giving him enough knowledge to turn into adult!Gon.

But that's just me.
 
Last edited:

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was going to type what Cinnabar said, but was unable to put it into words. Basically, the concept of what Gon did was referred to several times, as the examples you showed were, for example, but I don't think they're direct foreshadowing.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kurapika is foreshadowing for Gon in the same way that Yahiko is foreshadowing for Naruto.
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kurapika is foreshadowing for Gon in the same way that Yahiko is foreshadowing for Naruto.
Who's Yahiko again ? Sorry but I dropped Naruto over a year ago :p
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Who's Yahiko again ? Sorry but I dropped Naruto over a year ago :p
Ehhhhhhhhhhh takes too long to explain just look him up on the wiki or something if you're interested.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Who's Yahiko again ? Sorry but I dropped Naruto over a year ago :p
If you dropped it an year ago you should know who is Yahiko. He was introduced in 2008.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am going to direct you guys to an excellent analysis of the foreshadowing of Gon's transformation as written by Mangahelpers very own Popo, hope she doesn't mind me sharing it with you all:

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=34380&page=153&p=2691112&viewfull=1#post2691112

This has to be the best and most well thought out explanation of Gon's transformation I have seen. Do make sure to check it out.

Where has Popo been all this time? She needs to stop being so SELFISH having an actual life and get back to enriching us with her hxh thoughts and theories!

;)

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

If you dropped it an year ago you should know who is Yahiko. He was introduced in 2008.
when was he introduced in the anime? might be an anime watcher? or even a dub only watcher?
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If you dropped it an year ago you should know who is Yahiko. He was introduced in 2008.
I searched it up, it was Pain. I guess I just forgot.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I am going to direct you guys to an excellent analysis of the foreshadowing of Gon's transformation as written by Mangahelpers very own Popo, hope she doesn't mind me sharing it with you all:

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=34380&page=153&p=2691112&viewfull=1#post2691112

This has to be the best and most well thought out explanation of Gon's transformation I have seen. Do make sure to check it out.
I've read that and its just... beautiful :zomg
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I searched it up, it was Pain. I guess I just forgot.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------



I've read that and its just... beautiful :zomg
That is how Togashi foreshadowed Gon's transformation. It wasn't random, it was planned LONG in advance. Togashi knows where he is taking Hunter x Hunter, there is arguments to be made that he foreshadowed the Outside world as well. Many things foreshadowed.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wait, I never knew about the "forcefully entering Zetsu to make his power explode" thing. I thought the eyes drawn like that were just meant to indicate Gon's state of mind, not Zetsu.
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That is how Togashi foreshadowed Gon's transformation. It wasn't random, it was planned LONG in advance. Togashi knows where he is taking Hunter x Hunter, there is arguments to be made that he foreshadowed the Outside world as well. Many things foreshadowed.
Definitely. Yeah I'm pretty sure he DID foreshadow the Dark Continent.



I mean.. come on.. :p
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't really that as foreshadowing. It's pretty well known you get better rewards for taking greater risks in HXH and Gon has always been rather reckless. The only thing you can question is can Gon possibly take enough risk to get the power he was seeking, but since he's obviously meant to be a very special character (pretty much everyone says it) it's not unreasonable to assume Gon gets better deals in the reward versus risk scale.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Why does everyone act like Gon just super powered up and everything was all good. He was put to the brink of death, his body was completely and utterly destroyed. Gon transformed knowing very well he would die. Gon planned the transformation very early into the Ant arc. Gon transforms to die, he doesnt want to live without Kite, the man that he views as a father figure. If Ging died, do you think he'd do the same? The answer is no.
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I miss reading Popo's write-ups. I kinda get excited whenever I see her post anything here, even if it's just one line to comment the recent episode. XD

Speaking of foreshadows... was Alluka ever foreshadowed? She's the only one I can't reconcile with the story because it was like she came out of nowhere.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I miss reading Popo's write-ups. I kinda get excited whenever I see her post anything here, even if it's just one line to comment the recent episode. XD

Speaking of foreshadows... was Alluka ever foreshadowed? She's the only one I can't reconcile with the story because it was like she came out of nowhere.
It was always said that there was 5 Zoldyck children and we only ever saw 4 of them. ALways was a 5th one we just never seen.
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think there were any foreshadowing of Gon's transformation, just an overall exposition of the capabilities of nen abilities under restriction.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As was said...Nen system is extremely well thought so everything you read about it will be a foreshadowing of future fights because the system itself is always coherent. Except two or three times at first, but then it makes clear that Nen is a very solid concept able to be used infinite amount of times without losing its fresh.

That being said and reading a post about Gon and how close to death that was I wonder why Gin was so sure He would live.
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
That being said and reading a post about Gon and how close to death that was I wonder why Gin was so sure He would live.
Good fathers want their sons to catch up and then eventually surpass them. I think that Ging is sort of like Son Goku in the sense that he has baseless confidence in his son. There's no logic to it; it's intuition. Because Ging believes that he could have handled the situation if placed in it, he projects that belief onto Gon.

Of course, it also could be that Ging is far more aware and knowledgeable about Nen than most people, if Greed Island is any indicator. Maybe there's no such thing as an unbreakable curse. And perhaps Ging has found a way to transcend death itself.
 
Top