Round of 16 - Dimaria Yesta vs Ajeel Ramal | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Dimaria Yesta vs Ajeel Ramal

Which Fighter Advances?

• Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't really get the debate.

So Ajeel wins because he has more attacks at his disposal? I don't see how his attacks do any harm.

Take Sand World for instance.... cool, Ajeel's strongest attack only makes you cough for 3 seconds, but how does it help?

Sure, it blocks your view, but his Sand World is no different than a heavy fog.

I don't see how any of that is going to take down Dimaria, one of the Spriggan 12.

Dimaria has attacks that actually deal damage and hurt. 1 beam through your heart and you are screwed. She also has a lot of physical attacks such as scratches and swords.

It's a shame that Dimaria fell quickly, but she had no choice otherwise Carla (Wendy's Cat) would have died.

And her God Mode is like Mard Geer's Etherious transformation. The only reason why Dimaria lost is because she was unlucky that Chelia is a God Slayer.

And by the way, Slayer Advantage is a big deal. Gray without Devil Slaying Properties would never have held a candle to Mard Geer. Gray would have his faced wiped on the floor and immediately obliterated.

But with Devil Slaying Magic, he was able to (oneshot kind of) Mard Geer with his arrow while Natsu was distracting Mard Geer.
Ajeel's Sand World is not defeating Dimaria... The purpose of an attack like that is to help him have an open shot at his opponent. He can either choke her like he did with Erza while sucking the moisture out of her body or he can use Sands of Death, Ant Lion Pit, and even Sand Golem to crush her worst comes to worst. As mentioned, Dimaria's beams won't kill Ajeel especially since TO Chelia (Spriggan-Tier like Ajeel) deflected it with ease. Slayer Advantage doesn't matter here because Ajeel is already a Spriggan. In other words, he doesn't need it because he already rivals her in power and MP. So if he had Slayer Advantage, he would defeat her quite easily.

that God is a fodder.War God is also a joke compared to the top tiers.God that DImaria is is an actual God.not biblical God but a God in FT like Ankhseram.
Dimaria is not an actual God. She can't even be compared to Ankhseram. We know nothing about him and for all we know, he might be irrelevant to the series or weak like a fodder. We all hyped Neinhart and look at him now. I'm going off of feats and Ankhseram has none. Dimaria is on the same level as Wahl who is also comparable to Ajeel. She isn't superior to anybody here.

We have no proof that Dimaria is a strong God. Based on her feats, she isn't the top. Just like how Zirconis is many times weaker than Igneel or Acnologia. The range is just too far apart.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Chronos and Dimaria are one.she becomes a God when she activates her God form.she even said that.everyone is overhypeing END and no one complains about that.he must be a fodder.

I'm not saying that she is a top God but she certainly is a God when she activates her God Soul.DS can hurt Dragons while wizards can't.GS can hurt Gods while DF Wendy can't.

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well, I don't think Dimaria's Laser Beam is faster than time. Clairvoyance just depends on human perception, not time itself. Either way, I think we will just have to disagree here.

I believe it was shown. The beam was already casted and traveling towards Wendy. I will admit though, that this could possibly be because the distance between Dimaria and Wendy was far enough apart which allowed Wendy to see it coming. But even so, I don't see Dimaria getting close to Ajeel especially with poor visibility.

Agreed.

True, attack penetration is one aspect, but the damage inflicted afterwards is also a major factor in determining the power of an attack.

The problem here is that we're assuming Ajeel is going to feel pain from Nakagami Starlight + Jupiter Cannon. In this tournament, we are basing it off of individual battles fought here and not in the actual manga itself. Those feats are just used to support our decisions, and not necessarily applying/proving it here.

What I mean is this. We know both Gildarts and God Serena had their abdomen torn off by Acnologia. That is probably the most painful injury any human experienced so far. Does that mean Dimaria can beat both of them? Let me take it a step further.

Igneel was completely destroyed by Acnologia. If Dimaria used Age Scratch on him, would he be affected the same way? Anyways, nobody should be incapacitated from just pain unless they're fodders. That attack was used to give Dimaria an open chance for another attack, not to actually defeat her opponents.

Yeah, but in this arc, Lucy improved too. I believe there was a discussion about this in another thread so we'll just have to disagree here. The way I see it is that Base Wendy cannot match Lucy. With her DF, she can probably fight on par with her. Chelia, despite being the 2nd strongest mage of her guild (which isn't that strong to begin with), is still below DF Wendy without Third Origin.

I guess we disagree here, once again. Haha. Dimaria may have the power of a god but even so, there is a wide spectrum of powers for all races, even dragons. Being a God doesn't necessarily put you at a high level. Just look at the God that Minerva summoned.
Technically there was no such restriction placed on Dimaria's Age Scratch. Also, there's no need to disagree with the description of the ability. It's specifically said to inflict pain equivalent to what the opponent has received prior. If she fought Serena/Gildarts/Igneel, and Age scratch works successfully, then technically, it should be possible to defeat them. Thing is, Igneel would rip right through her before anything like that can happen and its debatable of regular magic would work at all. For Gildarts, well he did survive Acnologia so Age scratch wouldn't outright KO him. Or at least he won't die. It's also possible he got tougher/stronger since then. For Serena, yes, technically it should. The main problem is if she can actually use it successfully on these opponents. Or more like, if they don't overwhelm her and leave no breathing space.

In addition, even though this is a tournament, we're taking characters from where they left off and also including feats as they happen in the manga. As such, Age scratch will indeed invoke pain that's canon. Ajeel will indeed feel Jupiter cannon and Nakagami starlight because that's how the spell works. Not doing this imposes unfair restriction on some characters, like Neinhart's historia which becomes redundant.

Also, it's invalid to say no one can be affected by pain unless they're fodder. That's literally what takes everyone down in battle. Mari has the ability to invoke prior pain. Based on how much the opponent has grown since then, the effect is reduced but for more recent battles, there's really no need to doubt that age scratch would indeed work so.

Age scratch is indeed an opening attack but that doesn't take away from it. It can't really always be considered a finishing move because the effect largely varies based on the opponent but it can actually work as a finisher for some.

Take Laxus for example. Prior to his fight with Wahl, Mari using Age scratch on him would have had next to no effect. He's more than strong enough to shrug off attacks from earlier battles.

Mari used Age scratch on Wendy but the latter wasn't completely defeated because she's stronger than when she took those attacks but even then, it's clear how much damage she received despite being in DF.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, I don't think Dimaria's Laser Beam is faster than time. Clairvoyance just depends on human perception, not time itself. Either way, I think we will just have to disagree here.
So you want to tell me Ajeel's reaction speed is better than Carla's Clairvoyance?

I believe it was shown. The beam was already casted and traveling towards Wendy. I will admit though, that this could possibly be because the distance between Dimaria and Wendy was far enough apart which allowed Wendy to see it coming. But even so, I don't see Dimaria getting close to Ajeel especially with poor visibility.
That was more like a slow motion.

True, attack penetration is one aspect, but the damage inflicted afterwards is also a major factor in determining the power of an attack.
But still, she blocked Jupiter while she couldn't block sealed Archenemy.

The problem here is that we're assuming Ajeel is going to feel pain from Nakagami Starlight + Jupiter Cannon. In this tournament, we are basing it off of individual battles fought here and not in the actual manga itself. Those feats are just used to support our decisions, and not necessarily applying/proving it here.
I can't find this 'restriction'.

If so, it would be stated that Age Scratch is a non-factor by the moderators. This would seem pretty unfair imo.

What I mean is this. We know both Gildarts and God Serena had their abdomen torn off by Acnologia. That is probably the most painful injury any human experienced so far. Does that mean Dimaria can beat both of them? Let me take it a step further.

Igneel was completely destroyed by Acnologia. If Dimaria used Age Scratch on him, would he be affected the same way? Anyways, nobody should be incapacitated from just pain unless they're fodders. That attack was used to give Dimaria an open chance for another attack, not to actually defeat her opponents.
God Serena and Igneel aren't alive anymore.

Gildarts didn't die from his injuries. So no, he won't be defeated by Age Scratch.

Yeah, but in this arc, Lucy improved too. I believe there was a discussion about this in another thread so we'll just have to disagree here. The way I see it is that Base Wendy cannot match Lucy. With her DF, she can probably fight on par with her. Chelia, despite being the 2nd strongest mage of her guild (which isn't that strong to begin with), is still below DF Wendy without Third Origin.
I agree that DF Wendy > Chelia (this is more like a fact). But DF Wendy is tiers above Lucy.

I guess we disagree here, once again. Haha. Dimaria may have the power of a god but even so, there is a wide spectrum of powers for all races, even dragons. Being a God doesn't necessarily put you at a high level. Just look at the God that Minerva summoned.
I don't consider Yakuma War Gods as real gods, more like a spell which summons the power of a god for a limited time (Yagdo Rigora dissappeared pretty fast).

As for Di Maria, her Take-Over gives her the true power of a god. Once she uses God Soul, she literally becomes the god Chronos herself. You can't deny Mirajane's Take-Over is a fake demon as well.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Technically there was no such restriction placed on Dimaria's Age Scratch. Also, there's no need to disagree with the description of the ability. It's specifically said to inflict pain equivalent to what the opponent has received prior. If she fought Serena/Gildarts/Igneel, and Age scratch works successfully, then technically, it should be possible to defeat them. Thing is, Igneel would rip right through her before anything like that can happen and its debatable of regular magic would work at all. For Gildarts, well he did survive Acnologia so Age scratch wouldn't outright KO him. Or at least he won't die. It's also possible he got tougher/stronger since then. For Serena, yes, technically it should. The main problem is if she can actually use it successfully on these opponents. Or more like, if they don't overwhelm her and leave no breathing space.
I think you're taking the description of Age Scratch too literal. Wendy survived that attack without much damage and she was already injured to begin with. The accumulation of all the damage she has taken over the series (Oración Seis, Dorma Anim, S-Class Tenrou Opponents, to even recent ones like Ezel and Bluenote) would certainly catch up to her, given her current state. But still, Wendy wasn't incapacitated. I know I am forgetting a lot more but those are just a few.

I will give you that Igneel can probably blitz Dimaria but I don't see how Dimaria wouldn't be able to successfully cast it on God Serena or Gildarts. None of them have superior speed to that of Dimaria. So does that mean Dimaria can just one-shot them? Something here doesn't make sense especially since it would contradict the power-ranking in the actual manga itself. Since half of the Spriggans are already defeated, I guess we can say Dimaria can solo all of them. She used her Age Scratch 2 times on Wendy and it didn't seem like she was exhausted from it. If this attack is that powerful as it is hyped to be, she is invincible. Especially since we know August and Eileen will eventually be taken down as well.

By words, this attack is powerful. By what actually happened (against Wendy and how she recovered from it quite easily), this attack is being misunderstood.

In addition, even though this is a tournament, we're taking characters from where they left off and also including feats as they happen in the manga. As such, Age scratch will indeed invoke pain that's canon. Ajeel will indeed feel Jupiter cannon and Nakagami starlight because that's how the spell works. Not doing this imposes unfair restriction on some characters, like Neinhart's historia which becomes redundant.
Well, you make the rules, so I can't argue but this will lead to major inconsistency. Let's use Neinhart as an example. I never once restricted him to only being able to use Ikaruga, Azuma, and Kyōka against Erza in this tournment. Nor would I only allow Gray to fight Ur, Laxus to fight Hades, Juvia to fight Keyes, Meredy to fight Zancrow, or Wendy to fight Ezel. In this tournament, Neinhart can use any Historia he wants on his opponents with a few exceptions. But the rules state that...
  1. The Historia is Dead.
  2. The Historia is part of his Opponent's Memories.
Some say that Neinhart cannot summon Mard Geer against Erza (because he didn't show it) but that doesn't mean he can't. I mean if we strictly take feats from the manga only, then Neinhart would be defenseless in Group D Battle Royale. The only one he can use Historia on is Gray. We have no proof of Neinhart being capable of creating illusions for other characters.

Also, it's invalid to say no one can be affected by pain unless they're fodder. That's literally what takes everyone down in battle. Mari has the ability to invoke prior pain. Based on how much the opponent has grown since then, the effect is reduced but for more recent battles, there's really no need to doubt that age scratch would indeed work so.
I'm not saying nobody can be affected by pain. I said they can be affected like giving Dimaria an open shot for another attack but shouldn't be incapacitated by just mere pain. Even Erza overcame Kyōka's pain which is exactly my point. Damage is what takes everyone down in battle. Pain, not so much.

Age scratch is indeed an opening attack but that doesn't take away from it. It can't really always be considered a finishing move because the effect largely varies based on the opponent but it can actually work as a finisher for some.
Just how many times would it take for this attack to be a finishing move though? Also, how much damage would her opponent have to have before this attack would take a toll on them? Wendy was as injured as she can be and she survived it 2 times. Even with the laser beam going through her (another attack), she was still conscious. She just couldn't move. Do you know what I'm trying to get at here? Wendy felt all the pain she felt during the series, multiplied by 2, plus a laser beam attack that went through her leg and still wasn't incapacitated yet. Note that DF Wendy is many times weaker than an actual Spriggan. I don't see Dimaria winning against Ajeel here unless she uses it 10+ times.

Take Laxus for example. Prior to his fight with Wahl, Mari using Age scratch on him would have had next to no effect. He's more than strong enough to shrug off attacks from earlier battles.
Well, considering Laxus still felt the MBP's he inhaled in Tartaros, if she made him feel those again (multiplied by 2), he would be in an extremely weak condition. But even so, does that mean Dimaria can beat Laxus now? He was heavily damaged against Wahl.

Mari used Age scratch on Wendy but the latter wasn't completely defeated because she's stronger than when she took those attacks but even then, it's clear how much damage she received despite being in DF.
Wendy is not that much stronger from Tartaros. She isn't like Natsu. Actually, she still struggled with a Pre-Timeskip Bluenote. We're talking about Tenrou Bluenote... Yeah, I don't see how Wendy wouldn't be defeated unless Age Scratch is not as powerful as it was hyped to be. It is clear how much damage she took.

Before Age Scratch

After Age Scratch

Not so much considering she was already injured beforehand. This was after 2 Age Scratches + Laser Beam.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Well, I don't think Carla's Clairvoyance works that way. She can perceive or have flashing visions of events to come in the future but it is more of a vague and long-term image. Now, if you're talking about something like Cobra, he has the real capability to predict his opponent's movements within a fraction of a second just by utilizing his sensitivity to sounds. Anyways, I don't think it would be that hard for Ajeel to deflect Dimaria's laser beams because he can probably see it coming.

Even Wendy saw it coming. Given that he also has Spriggan MP and a decent reaction speed as far as we can tell, I don't see him getting hit + losing here.

I'm not sure if I would call Jupiter Cannon pathetic. We know Kagura's Unsealed Archenemy is arguably one of her strongest attack, so it makes sense that she would be able to break through Erza's Adamantine Armor. That just tells us how powerful the attack is, not necessarily how weak the Jupiter Cannon is.

Also, note that the Jupiter Cannon broke Erza's Adamantine Armor + Caused Damage to the point that Erza was incapacitated (fainted/passed out), while Kagura just broke her armor and that was it.

Yes, Wendy was never defeated before this fight. But she would have been defeated quite easily if TO Chelia wasn't there. Ajeel was defeated as well but by Erza + Jupiter Cannon which is not something to underestimate at all. Also, like I previously posted, Wendy tanked Dimaria's Age Scratch.

So how would Ajeel get defeated by it when DF Wendy tanked it without too much damage? Unless you tell me that Ajeel has lower durability than Wendy... But that wouldn't make sense because DF Wendy isn't even Spriggan Tier. We saw that in her fight with Dimaria while Ajeel actually has MP similar to that of a Spriggan because he is one. He tanked Erza's attacks (durability feats) and took whatever attacks Team Natsu threw at him when they were trying to escape.

Well, together, TO Chelia and DF Wendy are above Erza (not by a significant amount). But not DF Wendy and Base Chelia. If we equate DF Wendy to Lucy and Base Chelia is not quite on DF Wendy's level, then we essentially have a combined power that is less than 2 Lucy's. I don't see Erza losing here.

Since TO Chelia and DF Wendy are not that much higher above Erza, I would put Ajeel around that level. After all, he "beat" Erza to the point that he had the upper hand until the end.

Personally, I don't agree. Jacob and Neinhart are definitely below him in my book. Plus, Dimaria isn't a real God just like how Mirajane is not technically a real demon, Elfman is not a real beast, or Lisanna is not a real animal. They are all still humans.

I guess we just have to disagree here but I respect your opinion and I can see your point to a certain extent.
Regarding the Mira thing, Im going to have to disagree with you on that, TakeOver Magic means you technically become the thing you possess, so I dont think saying Mira is human is 100% correct
Demon particles in Hell's Core were able to revive her human body and Macro didn't work on her, so shes a demon
By that logic then Dimaria did indeed turn into a goddess
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Considering the fact Age Seal had to be removed in this fight,it's pretty obvious who's superior
Dimaria's lazers can shoot through Azir's body, we've already seen it's possible for pure energy blasts to work on him (Jupiter, Laxus's lightning), so Dimaria can end the fight pretty quickly..
Azir doesn't have any speed feats, there's no way he's going to dodge those lazers

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So you want to tell me Ajeel's reaction speed is better than Carla's Clairvoyance?
Well, Carla did manage to block Dimaria's laser beam so she did save Wendy there. The only reason she couldn't deflect it was because she doesn't have enough power to. As far as I can tell, yes, Ajeel has very good reaction speed. I don't think Carla Clairvoyance is as sophisticated as it sounds especially mid-battle.

That was more like a slow motion.
Even so, Wendy could see it coming.

But still, she blocked Jupiter while she couldn't block sealed Archenemy.
She blocked Jupiter Cannon but it went through her armor and so she did get hit. It's not like she defended from the whole attack.

I can't find this 'restriction'.

If so, it would be stated that Age Scratch is a non-factor by the moderators. This would seem pretty unfair imo.
Yeah, I disagree. I don't think it's a restriction. It's more like this attack is overly-hyped. The words alone may make it seem strong but the feats don't agree.

God Serena and Igneel aren't alive anymore.

Gildarts didn't die from his injuries. So no, he won't be defeated by Age Scratch.
Exactly. God Serena isn't alive in the manga but he is still used in the tournament so we can't just go by everything in the manga. We don't know Gildarts situation but judging from God Serena, he would've died. Besides, it's possible Gildarts got medical attention or help, right? Acnologia killed God Serena the same way he tore off Gildarts. I don't see why we can't assume he wouldn't have died. Even so, are you saying Dimaria can solo all the Spriggans that have lost so far? In theory, Dimaria's Age Scratch should destroy all of them because they felt enough "pain" that they were defeated.

I don't consider Yakuma War Gods as real gods, more like a spell which summons the power of a god for a limited time (Yagdo Rigora dissappeared pretty fast).
Well, if they are not considered "real gods" even though they are technically more real than a "takeover", then we've only seen one "real god" so that means we have no basis to compare whether Dimaria is actually a strong god or not.

As for Di Maria, her Take-Over gives her the true power of a god. Once she uses God Soul, she literally becomes the god Chronos herself. You can't deny Mirajane's Take-Over is a fake demon as well.
Yeah, Takeover gives the user the power to be a god. Doesn't mean they are a god. Mirajane is not a demon. She is a human. Her takeover allows her to embody the form of a demon and possess/control the power and abilities of a demon. But she is still human. The only real demons we know of so far are the demons from the Book of Zeref. And those demons are the true demons because they are Etherious meaning they aren't made out of human cells.

Regarding the Mira thing, Im going to have to disagree with you on that, TakeOver Magic means you technically become the thing you possess, so I dont think saying Mira is human is 100% correct
Demon particles in Hell's Core were able to revive her human body and Macro didn't work on her, so shes a demon
By that logic then Dimaria did indeed turn into a goddess
Actually, I don't think saying Mirajane is a demon is 100% correct. She can take over a demon that is pretty much it. Meaning she takes the form of a demon or it's abilities/capabilities. She is still human. That is why she was able to destroy Hell's Core. She used her power to take control of it and then made it explode. She wasn't "Hell's Core" itself. Dimaria is still a human or whatever race you want to call her. She has God Soul Takeover abilities but thats it. We'll just have to disagree here then.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Dimaria is a different case.Chronos and Dimaria are one.she is a vessel for a God Cronous while Mira can have multiple forms without being possessed or anything.she is a God when she uses God Soul.she is a human on a regular basis but when she activates God Takeover then she is a true God.

regular Mira=human
Satan Soul Mira=demon

regular DImaria=human
God Takeover DImaria=God of Time

its like saying Goku is a SSJ and yet when he turns into a SSJ he is not a true SSJ.

basically,she is human on a regular basis but she can become a God whenever she wishes.

agree to disagree :).

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria is a different case.Chronos and Dimaria are one.she is a vessel for a God Cronous while Mira can have multiple forms without being possessed or anything.she is a God when she uses God Soul.she is a human on a regular basis but when she activates God Takeover then she is a true God.

regular Mira=human
Satan Soul Mira=demon

regular DImaria=human
God Takeover DImaria=God of Time

its like saying Goku is a SSJ and yet when he turns into a SSJ he is not a true SSJ.

basically,she is human on a regular basis but she can become a God whenever she wishes.

agree to disagree :).
Okay, we'll just disagree. Dimaria possesses/controls "God Magic" in Chronos Form which is why Chelia's God Slaying Magic can undo it, but she isn't a god herself. That is just my opinion though. Many will probably disagree. As for Goku, he is a little different. Whether he goes Super Saiyan or not, he is still a Saiyan.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel's Sand World is not defeating Dimaria... The purpose of an attack like that is to help him have an open shot at his opponent. He can either choke her like he did with Erza while sucking the moisture out of her body or he can use Sands of Death, Ant Lion Pit, and even Sand Golem to crush her worst comes to worst. As mentioned, Dimaria's beams won't kill Ajeel especially since TO Chelia (Spriggan-Tier like Ajeel) deflected it with ease. Slayer Advantage doesn't matter here because Ajeel is already a Spriggan. In other words, he doesn't need it because he already rivals her in power and MP. So if he had Slayer Advantage, he would defeat her quite easily.

Nah, we go by feats I thought? That's what everybody here is an expert about?

There is no such thing as power > power and MP < MP. Those aren't feats.

Ajeel can't deflect Dimaria's beam. That guy has incredibly low durability.

None of the abilities you mentioned are even that strong. It is only a problem if you get stuck in his grasp like Erza.

Dimaria's backsword was even enough match Kagura's Archenemy unsheathed. So that blade would cleanly slice off Ajeel's neck if he tried something stupid.

Golem is a joke. Sand World does absolutely nothing. And Ant Lion Pit and Sands of Death is only a problem if you get caught.

But Dimaria won't get caught. Here's the reason why:

As I said in the beginning, Dimaria has lack of feats, but her God Soul: Chronos is like Mard Geer's Etherious Form:

• Increased Magic Power: Dimaria's already monstrous Magic power is further augmented in this form, the energy visibly streaming out of her frame as well as causing her hair to flare menacingly upwards. Her mere presence unleashes a detructive aura that continuously destroys a small area around her, while simply exerting her Magic power forcefully causes an explosion that demolishes a large region around her.

~ Fairy Tail Wikia's Definition

Ajeel's a dead puppy the moment he tries to dry Dimaria up.

Now if you read that, you'd see that Ajeel never had such destructive feats.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, we go by feats I thought? That's what everybody here is an expert about?

There is no such thing as power > power and MP < MP. Those aren't feats.

Ajeel can't deflect Dimaria's beam. That guy has incredibly low durability.

None of the abilities you mentioned are even that strong. It is only a problem if you get stuck in his grasp like Erza.

Dimaria's backsword was even enough match Kagura's Archenemy unsheathed. So that blade would cleanly slice off Ajeel's neck if he tried something stupid.

Golem is a joke. Sand World does absolutely nothing. And Ant Lion Pit and Sands of Death is only a problem if you get caught.

But Dimaria won't get caught. Here's the reason why:

As I said in the beginning, Dimaria has lack of feats, but her God Soul: Chronos is like Mard Geer's Etherious Form:

• Increased Magic Power: Dimaria's already monstrous Magic power is further augmented in this form, the energy visibly streaming out of her frame as well as causing her hair to flare menacingly upwards. Her mere presence unleashes a detructive aura that continuously destroys a small area around her, while simply exerting her Magic power forcefully causes an explosion that demolishes a large region around her.
~ Fairy Tail Wikia's Definition

Ajeel's a dead puppy the moment he tries to dry Dimaria up.

Now if you read that, you'd see that Ajeel never had such destructive feats.
We can tell who has more Power or MP by assessing their feats, so they are dependent on each other. Ajeel doesn't have low durability. Besides, he can easily rival TO Chelia's durability so it wouldn't be much of a problem for him to deflect Dimaria's laser beams. How does her God Soul: Chronos help her escape Ajeel's Sands of Death or Ant Lion Pit? The paragraph about her Increased Magic Power doesn't prove anything except the fact that she becomes more powerful.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
We can tell who has more Power or MP by assessing their feats, so they are dependent on each other. Ajeel doesn't have low durability. Besides, he can easily rival TO Chelia's durability so it wouldn't be much of a problem for him to deflect Dimaria's laser beams. How does her God Soul: Chronos help her escape Ajeel's Sands of Death or Ant Lion Pit? The paragraph about her Increased Magic Power doesn't prove anything except the fact that she becomes more powerful.

Not really. Dimaria never had the chance to show her full MP.

Gildartz has a lot of MP, but we never even saw a glimpse of his full MP. That's the flaws with going by feats alone.

Ajeel has pretty low durability compared to the rest of the Spriggan. Laxus could have one-shotted the fool.

The mere power radiating from Dimaria's God Soul: Chronos form is enough to blow Ajeel to shreds. Ajeel would never be able to get close to her.

The power from her God Soul form and her backsword would obliterate Ajeel in a second.

The Increased Magic power paragraph shows how strong full-powered Dimaria is compared to full-powered Ajeel.

It also shows why Ajeel cannot get close to Dimaria like he did to Erza. That power would crush Ajeel.

Ajeel at his full powered state didn't even bother nature itself while Dimaria's full power resulted in disturbances such as explosions. It's clear who is the more powerful one.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Why do people think Ajeel is so weak? There is literally no reason to think that.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This one is an interesting fight and would go down to the wire imo. Seeing Dimaria doesn't have Age Seal in this tournament, this fight as well as her other ones she has had and could have in the future are made significantly harder for her, and this fight in particular could be difficult for her given Ajeel's sand body isn't able to be damaged by a lot of things. Given Age Scratch is probably Dimaria's only attack that could well affect Ajeel, I'd say Ajeel takes this one out high diff. Once he uses Sand World, its as good as over tbh.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why do people think Ajeel is so weak? There is literally no reason to think that.

Well, I don't want to start like I'm picking a bone, but here are the signs that lead me to believe he is the weakest Spriggan:

1.) The dude's skill/intelligence

This guy is so cocky that when he fights, he gets so absorbed. He has poor awareness for a Spriggan.

He almost got oneshotted by Laxus' casual bolt of lightning if it weren't for August.

He honestly looked like a complete fool and was extremely careless.

2.) The guy's pure feats

Despite the hype, he doesn't have much feats to back him up. He only defeated fought and defeated Erza + Jupiter.

Although he did emerge victorious, he was struggling quite a bit and had many chances to be fodderized.

I would say the only feat that backs him up enough for us to call him a "Spriggan" would be his ability to trap and dry somebody up with his sand.

It's a pretty good feat for somebody against Bluenote, but any decent Spriggan level skill should be able to get out of that one.

P.S.:

Although I'm known in the community for saying Ajeel is the weakest Spriggan (
I still think so), imo, Neinhart and Jacob aren't too far behind him.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not really. Dimaria never had the chance to show her full MP.

Gildartz has a lot of MP, but we never even saw a glimpse of his full MP. That's the flaws with going by feats alone.
If you don't call this Dimaria showing her full MP, I don't know what else she can do to impress you.

Gildarts is different from Dimaria so I don't see how you can compare the two. I accept portrayal/hype too provided that it is credible meaning it was stated many times by many different characters or there are other feats to back it up. You misunderstood me. It's not just about feats because some characters have more feats than others.

Ajeel has pretty low durability compared to the rest of the Spriggan. Laxus could have one-shotted the fool.
This is the exact statement that I have a problem with as I previously mentioned. Laxus one-shotting Ajeel is baseless and can't be used to determine one's power or defense. So everything August says is fact? As for Ajeel having low durability, what proof is there that he does? The fact that he was defeated by Nakagami Starlight + Jupiter Cannon is not something to underestimate. You use bias in your points because you think Erza is weak (due to her PoF) and that the Jupiter Cannon does no damage. First of all, I will admit that Erza's PoF is illogical at times but she didn't use any against Ajeel. That much you have to admit. As for Jupiter Cannon, it is charged with a high concentration of Ethernano so that would make it quite powerful. Even Erza's most durable armor, Adamantine Armor, wasn't able to completely block it (Erza was injured afterwards).

The mere power radiating from Dimaria's God Soul: Chronos form is enough to blow Ajeel to shreds. Ajeel would never be able to get close to her.

The power from her God Soul form and her backsword would obliterate Ajeel in a second.
I know you're the type of person who tends to exaggerate things but talking realistically here, Dimaria cannot blow Ajeel to shreds nor beat him with little difficulty. Her sword is useless because of Ajeel's Sand Body. And her God Soul form won't help much. Ajeel is Spriggan-Tier. He is pretty much on TO Chelia's level even with Slayer Advantage. That is giving you the benefit of the doubt too.

The Increased Magic power paragraph shows how strong full-powered Dimaria is compared to full-powered Ajeel.
Full-Power Ajeel can defeat Erza who is not much weaker than TO Chelia + DF Wendy. He was also able to force Team Natsu to run away from him.

It also shows why Ajeel cannot get close to Dimaria like he did to Erza. That power would crush Ajeel.
He doesn't need to get close. His Sands of Death and Ant Lion Pit are ranged attacks. Same with Sand Golem to a certain extent.

Ajeel at his full powered state didn't even bother nature itself while Dimaria's full power resulted in disturbances such as explosions. It's clear who is the more powerful one.
Are you talking about AoE or Destructive Capacity?

Dimaria's AoE and Destructive Capacity

Ajeel's AoE and Destructive Capacity

Nonetheless, Ajeel wins in both aspects.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Well, I don't want to start like I'm picking a bone, but here are the signs that lead me to believe he is the weakest Spriggan:

1.) The dude's skill/intelligence

This guy is so cocky that when he fights, he gets so absorbed. He has poor awareness for a Spriggan.

He almost got oneshotted by Laxus' casual bolt of lightning if it weren't for August.

He honestly looked like a complete fool and was extremely careless.

2.) The guy's pure feats

Despite the hype, he doesn't have much feats to back him up. He only defeated fought and defeated Erza + Jupiter.

Although he did emerge victorious, he was struggling quite a bit and had many chances to be fodderized.

I would say the only feat that backs him up enough for us to call him a "Spriggan" would be his ability to trap and dry somebody up with his sand.

It's a pretty good feat for somebody against Bluenote, but any decent Spriggan level skill should be able to get out of that one.

P.S.:

Although I'm known in the community for saying Ajeel is the weakest Spriggan (
I still think so), imo, Neinhart and Jacob aren't too far behind him.

Being cocky isn't being dumb.

We don't know if the lightning bolt would of one shotted him nor does that make him weak seeing Laxus is above most Spirggan's.

Ajeel was easily beating the shit out of current Erza and nothing implies he's far behind his peers bar August and Irene.

His ability to dry someone up is rather OP and doesn't seem like something that could ignore regular draubility.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you don't call this Dimaria showing her full MP, I don't know what else she can do to impress you.

Gildarts is different from Dimaria so I don't see how you can compare the two. I accept portrayal/hype too provided that it is credible meaning it was stated many times by many different characters or there are other feats to back it up. You misunderstood me. It's not just about feats because some characters have more feats than others.

This is the exact statement that I have a problem with as I previously mentioned. Laxus one-shotting Ajeel is baseless and can't be used to determine one's power or defense. So everything August says is fact? As for Ajeel having low durability, what proof is there that he does? The fact that he was defeated by Nakagami Starlight + Jupiter Cannon is not something to underestimate. You use bias in your points because you think Erza is weak (due to her PoF) and that the Jupiter Cannon does no damage. First of all, I will admit that Erza's PoF is illogical at times but she didn't use any against Ajeel. That much you have to admit. As for Jupiter Cannon, it is charged with a high concentration of Ethernano so that would make it quite powerful. Even Erza's most durable armor, Adamantine Armor, wasn't able to completely block it (Erza was injured afterwards).

I know you're the type of person who tends to exaggerate things but talking realistically here, Dimaria cannot blow Ajeel to shreds nor beat him with little difficulty. Her sword is useless because of Ajeel's Sand Body. And her God Soul form won't help much. Ajeel is Spriggan-Tier. He is pretty much on TO Chelia's level even with Slayer Advantage. That is giving you the benefit of the doubt too.

Full-Power Ajeel can defeat Erza who is not much weaker than TO Chelia + DF Wendy. He was also able to force Team Natsu to run away from him.

He doesn't need to get close. His Sands of Death and Ant Lion Pit are ranged attacks. Same with Sand Golem to a certain extent.

Are you talking about AoE or Destructive Capacity?

Dimaria's AoE and Destructive Capacity

Ajeel's AoE and Destructive Capacity

Nonetheless, Ajeel wins in both aspects.

Lol dude, look at the panel you posted of Dimaria. That explosion far outclasses Ajeel himself.

Sure, Ajeel sand is big...we can call it the same size as Dimaria's explosion, but what can sand do to a person?

Nothing..

Meanwhile, Dimaria's explosion created a crater and would blow Ajeel to pieces.

AoE means nothing if it can't hurt anybody or deal any damage.

Ajeel's AoE = Dimaria's AoE

Ajeel's Destructiveness <<<< Dimaria's Destructiveness

Alright, first of all, Ajeel getting oneshotted by Laxus is pretty much justified. Ajeel shit his pants and admitted he didn't see it coming.

August stepped in for a reason. He knew that bolt would have defeated Ajeel... otherwise August would have let Ajeel tank it himself.

Second of all, Dimaria doesn't need to get close to Ajeel either. She can blast him from far away either with her energy wave or her beams.

And her beams >>>>>> Ajeel's entire arsenal

Last.... don't make me laugh......

ERZA >>>>>>> TO CHELIA?????? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

TO Chelia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PoF Erza

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Being cocky isn't being dumb.

We don't know if the lightning bolt would of one shotted him nor does that make him weak seeing Laxus is above most Spirggan's.

Ajeel was easily beating the shit out of current Erza and nothing implies he's far behind his peers bar August and Irene.

His ability to dry someone up is rather OP and doesn't seem like something that could ignore regular draubility.

Being cocky is pretty dumb especially when you lose.

As for Ajeel and the lightning bolt, just as I said to @XXEliteXXAceXX:

It is pretty much justified that Ajeel would have gotten oneshotted by Laxus' casual lightning bolt because:

1.) Ajeel looked like he shit his pants and admitted that he didn't see it coming

2)
AUGUST saved him. August knew Ajeel would have gotten oneshotted by the lightning bolt which is why he intervened.

Otherwise August would have just let Ajeel tank it himself.

Lol, Ajeel beating Erza is no feat. Erza is far weaker than Dimaria Yesta.

His ability to dry up somebody is no good if that's all he has at his disposal. Any decent Spriggan like Dimaria can deal with Ajeel's sand drying up tricks.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly I don't know either, it really makes no sense. I picked Dimaria here on a whim, it's a toss up to me, very high diff either way. Ajeel is portrayed as being as strong as every other Spriggan other than Irene and August. This notion that Erza is weak because of POF, or that Sherria was way stronger than Erza is baseless, plain and simple. Sherria had slayer advantage and a timely Wendy enchant, and she still took some hits. That's what it took to take Dimaria down, it's not as if Sherria just recked her. I honestly would take Erza over TO Sherria in a high diff fight, but who knows what the outcome would be because it never happened. No one can really say Ajeel is fodder without sounding a bit bias, I mean this guy made a sandstorm the size of Magnolia, where no one can see but him, if that is not ludicrous I don't know what is. This fight is a toss up to me like I said, there both insanely powerful, and honestly pretty broken. Take your pick is what I say.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol dude, look at the panel you posted of Dimaria. That explosion far outclasses Ajeel himself.

Sure, Ajeel sand is big...we can call it the same size as Dimaria's explosion, but what can sand do to a person?

Nothing..

Meanwhile, Dimaria's explosion created a crater and would blow Ajeel to pieces.

AoE means nothing if it can't hurt anybody or deal any damage.

Ajeel's AoE = Dimaria's AoE

Ajeel's Destructiveness <<<< Dimaria's Destructiveness

Alright, first of all, Ajeel getting oneshotted by Laxus is pretty much justified. Ajeel shit his pants and admitted he didn't see it coming.

August stepped in for a reason. He knew that bolt would have defeated Ajeel... otherwise August would have let Ajeel tank it himself.

Second of all, Dimaria doesn't need to get close to Ajeel either. She can blast him from far away either with her energy wave or her beams.

And her beams >>>>>> Ajeel's entire arsenal

Last.... don't make me laugh......

ERZA >>>>>>> TO CHELIA?????? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

TO Chelia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PoF Erza
That explosion did nothing. Sure, it had AoE. But Destructive Capacity? No. Wendy, Chelia, and Carla were able to survive the explosion.

When an exceed, Base Wendy, and Base Chelia survives an explosion, you know the attack cannot be that powerful.

Sand World would do nothing. I agree. That was merely an AoE feat. But just look at Sands of Death. It has AoE and DC. That would make Dimaria a mummy in no time.

As for Laxus' lightning bolt, Ajeel said he didn't see it coming. That wouldn't mean he would be defeated by it. August states that Ajeel would have died but Ajeel denies that. From what I can tell, this is inconclusive and baseless to say whether it would or wouldn't have killed him. Using this as evidence will just lead to complete speculation.

Dimaria's beams won't kill Ajeel especially since someone of his caliber (TO Chelia) deflected it.

I never said Erza > TO Chelia. I saidErza shouldn't be that much weaker meaning TO Chelia probably has more power than her but not by much. And since Ajeel can probably beat Erza too (not easily) then they should be around the same level.

Anyways, it seems like we're really persistent on our opinions and neither of us will change. You can have the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.