Do you find my comic interesting?

ClaFanN1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I've been making a comic, it's a ton of work but it's not producing any results.
I'm trying to find if the problem is the comic contents/story that isn't interesting or simply the fact that is poorly advertised.
Can you please help me figure it out? :)

http://www.nagori.co

Chapter 1: Complete (30)
Chapter 2: Complete (34)
 
Last edited:

KyuRyu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, if I could give a bit of a critique here... I really like the attention to minor details. The backgrounds and mob scenes are for the most part wonderfully drawn. However, the characters and other detailed humans are rather uncanny valley.

The facial expressions almost stopped me from reading at points. The way some of the characters smiled blankly was just sorta creepy to me. That being said, you seem to have possibly figured it out for yourself, because after the first chapter the facial expressions got a lot better and less... robotic (Ironic given that chapter's introduction of a robotic girl). It's still not great, but its progressing. Anatomy gets kinda weird in areas, but other areas is fine, so work on consistency. The story does seem to flow oddly, as I'm still trying to understand a few of the key elements connecting the chapters together, and it seems like the kind of story that gets stronger after it has time to flesh out. Also, interesting as it is, it is rather unnerving to read due to the near random acts of violence that occur, which may also turn away readers. The deaths that had happened thus far, while eye catching attention drawing scenes, aren't really deaths that progress the story, even though they're set up like ones that would.
 

ClaFanN1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I rather draw a whole forest than a single bulding or human...can't be helped :p
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Hey, ClaFan^^

Tbh (and maybe I'm a soft reviewer xD), after taking a quick look, I like what I saw. I was surprised 'cause I thought it would be a shonen, but in the end it's a seinen and I wasn't prepared for some of the ... bloody pannels I found there xD That element of surprise is a great thing, imo, since the story seemed to be evolving to a soft thing but got serious pretty quickly. Also, the story seem to be intriguing.

I agree with KyuRyu, though, you could work a bit on your expressions and, sometimes, in the way that the body seems to move, so it looks more natural. But I believe that it comes gradually, since we often see how somebody's art mature within time (you can just check Nobuhiro Watsuki in Rurouni Kenshin, and many other famous mangakas in their main work). Maybe, for now, you could just work on advertising about it everywhere, like you seem to be doing so far^^
 
Top