Done Does anyone know what デコ is...?

Olivine

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Just as it says above. And no, it is not short for デコレーション, or decoration.
It's used in this context; "おぬしデコじゃのーう。デコデコじゃのーう。"
(Yes, I know that sounds a bit creepy, but that's what it is.) And that is some strange dialect for "You are デコ. You are デコデコ."
I searched, my best guess for what デコ is was some sort of hairstyle that shows the forehead. (Like おでこ.)
So I guessed it was; "You show your forehead. You show a lot of your forehead." But I'm pretty sure that's not right.
So...does anyone know what デコ is, and what it should be translated as...?
 
Last edited:

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
More likely it's a sort of an insult for someone who has a big forehead.
 

Olivine

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Oh, that makes sense. Now how do I change this into [solved]...Here we go.
 
Last edited:

noona

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Or it may mean 'protruding', as in the デコfrom凸凹(でこぽこ), which can also be used to describe a protruding forehead, according to the context you provided.
 
Top