Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
If he ever do get the chance....
I've been waiting and waiting, and the oneshots were pretty good, but these days, I don't hear any news about Naoshi....
I really hope he gets serialized....
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
for the most part he has to learn more about serialised manga. being completely fresh to it with double arts i expect he'll just be an assisstant for now or something
 

cryonicnin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 30, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
to all manga lovers out there, or who wants to have a great read of his life, please read this manga and i hope you would sign in this petition! this manga is great yet it was stopped. But after reading it by the this great author named Naoshi Komi, ...who has made lots of great oneshots (look it up in onemanga.com), i want to share it to all of you! onegaishimasu!


VISIT THIS SITE!
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/keepdoublearts


the hell.. i was just reading Island and Double Arts JUST yesterday (NOTE that its August 31 today) and i was already addicted to his stories!! "wow," i said, and is all i can say that his oneshots are so cool.. haven't read Williams yet since its not in Onemanga, and im finding it right now at this very late hour, hahaha.

even though its been already a year already since Double Arts debuted.. im rooting for him to have a new series to come up... he is now one of my favorite manga-ka and i hope he wouldn't be too upset by that..

DOUBLE ARTS FOR THE WIN!!
 
Last edited:

JosephClabe

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wait for the next manga, of course I will. Get over it? Never! Not until all my questions are answered because I hate not knowing how something ends. :D
I've been thinking. Perhaps it could be made into an anime and continued that way. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be the same. Not by a long shot. But it would provide a bit of closure. And seeing the characters move and hearing them speak would be very satisfying.

Eh, I can only dream...
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I doubt it, according to Bakuman, they say that your tankoubon sales will have to be over 100.000+


An alternative solution would be Komi-sensei will be told to work for American Jump.....
 
Last edited:

Firaz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I disagree with the sentiment that if Double Arts is picked back up that the suspense won't be there.

There is still so much we don't know. Like what is Troy? What causes it? What is the aim of Gazelle? And are we sure that is Elle on page 15 of chapter 23? We don't see here eyes and her face is slightly obscured. There is no denying that it looks like her but we don't know if that is definitely her. She never says that she is Elraine. She does mention earlier that it is our journey but then she says that the story of his, Kiri's journey, will end for now. She no longer refers to herself as part of the journey. It probably is Elle but who knows for sure? It could be a descendant of Kiri and Elraine's and she is writing down the story as she was told it.

Also, we never know what happened to Kiri. All we see is the one girl but Kiri is absent. Is he alive? Were they able to develop a cure for Troy? Well I now have a reason to get rich. Maybe if I get rich enough, I can commission Komi Naoshi to continue "Double Arts."

Hey here is an idea? How about all the fans of Double Arts get together and contact Komi Naoshi himself. If enough people get together and contribute 5 maybe 10 dollars a month, maybe we could raise enough money to collectively commission him to continue Double Arts for us. I know I wouldn't mind spending 5 or 10 dollars a month if it would get me more Double Arts. What does everyone think of that idea?
I totally agree, and i don't mind paying a little. Some of the 'famous' shounen series now bore me, its all fighting, some spirited speech talking, then more fighting, and little fun/creative stuff. Really, i wouldn't mind paying a little for DA
 
Top