Shounen Double Arts by Komi Naoshi

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Chapter #17:
Ah, so he's gone and done THAT~! Nice to have confirmation at last! So can Elle go around "recharging" other Sisters now?
And Kiri, keep your hands off Elle's clothes....:XD
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think that's an 'e' at the end. It's just crappy quality.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
I see it's officially "Troy" now, too.
...gee you think he knows about the Manga Editors?:XD or it's on track to being licenced?:s
 

Kioras

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
15
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Truthfully, i like the slower pace, since it generally means we get characters that are more interesting then a lot of the fly by night characters in other manga. Characters like this make it more meaningful when they do life and death situations...
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So who else thinks that Arts should get it's own forum?
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^ Way premature. This thread doesn't go that fast.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmmm...I suppose. But it should get one when it hits the number of chapters Psyren has.
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^ Way premature. This thread doesn't go that fast.
I wouldn't say it's way premature. I mean this thread was catching up fairly quickly to the Psyren thread (which is about 10+ chapters ahead) before Psyren got its own board. I'm not really worried about it though. It doesn't bother me that all discussion is one thread.

Anyway, I digress. I liked this chapter (not the best, but not the worst). I am curious to figure out if this drain was a one time thing, something that must be used sparingly since they don't know how much more Troy she can handle even while holding on to Kiri (this is what I am leaning towards), or if it is something El can use infinitely while she is holding on to Kiri.

I'm hoping the Falzen arrive next chapter. Has it been stated whether they are sisters trained in fighting or whether they are like that bodyguard guy we saw earlier in the series.

Also where is Sui dammit!
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
predsfan said:
I'm hoping the Falzen arrive next chapter. Has it been stated whether they are sisters trained in fighting or whether they are like that bodyguard guy we saw earlier in the series.

Also where is Sui dammit!
i dunno where Sui is... i hope she comes back soon... she's too awesome of a character to have just dissapear for a while...

but Falzen i believe are all "militaire sisters" who are trained for combat against Gazell. and i think that Heime was just a mercinary to protect the St. Aruru church. also i have yet to see a another person like him. but we're still only on 17 chapters, but we'll see.. also, i think that there are about two days til Falzen arrives in Deodrad. so i guess we'll see
 
Last edited:

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Reading some of these comments makes me somewhat upset. Reading the manga week by week - though that's the way it has to be - apparently makes people demand a hell of a lot in every single one, with who-knows-how-high expectations.

I've just finished catching up to this one (read 7-17 for the first time yesterday and today) and I am astounded at how unbelievably well-paced this manga is. It's really incredible, and one of the first times I've seen it done so well in a shounen manga (DGM had a similar feel going in the beginning but then the plot went bonkers; in a good way, mind, but it dropped the kind of steady-push plot we have here).

Between character introductions and development, characters coming in and out of the story (I love that Sui only drops by here and there), new villains appearing and old ones plotting stuff, this is simply really, really well-done. There's never too much action/ominous stuff without a break, and the peaceful times never stay completely stress-free themselves. There's this really excellent balance here.

I'm very surprised to read comments that complain about Double Arts getting "slow" or "boring." The only way I can make sense of them is to ascribe them to people's apparently laughably short attention spans, but that seems cruel so I'll blame it on people hating to wait a week between chapters :P

Anyway, I think Double Arts is fantastic. It got a bit over the top with all the dramatic screaming in the battle with Zezu but totally redeemed itself with the second action scene, all beautifully woven into a single amazing chapter. I really liked this story with Hine, too - I didn't find her annoying at all, but funny and charming. Sure, she was too "Mary Sue" to put into the storyline permanently but, again, I'm rather surprised people suspected that Komi Naoshi was actually planning to attach her to Kiri's other hand.

In any case, this is the most promising new manga I've read since DGM (out of those I've followed from the very beginning, that is) - and that one was a whiiiiile ago.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I agree with you, Muddy.

And I denominate this as "syndrome of the weekly chapter". The mangaka wont break his cadence so suddenly.
 

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Script by Mei@2ch

夜の森を一人駆ける女性 その名はアンディ・フラウ

【場面は変わってゼズゥとファルゼン部隊】

ミリティア最強と謳われたファルゼン達も、いきなり劣勢になってるようです

ゼズゥはアブロを送り込んだにも関わらずキリ達が生きている事を報告され、少し驚いています
ファランが居たことで目論みが失敗して残念だな と言う仲間に対し、嬉しそうなゼズゥ

仲間「・・・嬉しそうだな・・・? ゼズゥ・・・」
ゼズゥ「当たり前だろ?あいとはオレが見つけたおもちゃだ 簡単に壊れちゃつまんねーからな
    ああ! じゃあ次はあいつを・・・」
仲間「・・・悪いがそんな時間は無い ガゼルメンバー全員に集合がかかっている これが済んだらすぐ移動だ」
ゼズゥ「ハッ・・・!じゃあさっさと そろって鳥葬にしてやるか」

ファルゼン1「・・・ケルト隊長 アンディは無事に逃げられたかしらね・・・」
隊長「・・・心配要らんさ あれで中々根性のある娘だ ・・・もっと 色々・・・ 叩き込んでやりたかったな・・・」

ゼズゥが襲ってきます


 第18話 "二人の道"

【場面はキリ達】

   ファルゼン
   到着まで
   
   あと・・・

   一日・・・

エルーはアンディに会うのが楽しみなようです
スイはファランに絡んでいます
すると、マーサから電話が

マーサ「連絡を待ちわびていたわ あなた達に緊急の報告があるの」
エルー「私からもあるんです報告が 昨日のハイネさんの事を・・・」
マーサ「いいえ そんな事は後まわしにして 緊急の報告なの・・・ 落ち着いて聞いて
    ファルゼン部隊が昨夜
    全滅したそうよ・・・ガゼルの襲撃を受けて・・・」

驚くキリ
エルーはアンディの安否をマーサに尋ねます

マーサ「この件を報告してくれたのは そのアンディよ」

深夜に全滅の情報が伝えられて、その後は連絡は途絶えているようです
ファルゼンからの定時連絡も途絶えており、マーサにとっても想定外の出来事です
マーサはすぐにどこかに身を隠せと指示
すぐに増援を送る手筈だけど、時間がかかるのでそれまで・・・というマーサ
そこに、キリ 最強部隊がやられたのに増援するのは、二の舞になるだけだ
しかし、マーサ そんな事は分かっています!! でも 今は他に打つ手が無いのよ・・・!!

キリ「・・・悪いけど 少しだけ時間をくれないか・・・ 考えがあるんだ」

【占い師の家に移動してきました】

ファラン「考えなんて本当にあるのか?」
キリ「一応ね 考えって程の物じゃないかもだけど・・・ それよりも・・・」

エルーの方を見るキリ

キリ「・・・あのさ ・・・エルー」

エルーは よしっ! と元気よく自分の膝を叩きます

そして、キリの考えを聞かせて欲しい、自分は何をすればいいのかとキリに問います
心配していたキリは、少し拍子抜けの表情

エルー「マーサは全滅って言っただけで 死んだって言ったわけじゃないでしょ?
    だったら生きてるかもしれない・・・! 簡単にやられる人達じゃないですもの!
    だから私は大丈夫です!落ち込んでる場合じゃないですもんね!」
キリ「・・・・・・・・・・ ああ・・・そうだな」

   何言ってんだか

   バレバレなんだよ
   強がりだって

   全部
   伝わってるっ
   つーの・・・

繋いでいる手のアップのコマ

そして結局キリの考えですが、自力で本部に行くという事
その為にもファランに頼みがあるというキリ

キリ「オレ達に 戦い方を教えてくれないか?
   それも オレ達が手を繋いだままでも戦える・・・!!
   オレ達だけの戦い方をだ!!

   やってやるさ 俺の力(フレア)で・・・!!」

煽り「出した答えに・・・迷いなし!!」


第18話・・・/おわり

来週とうとう初めてのコミッ
クスが書店に並びます!感激!
どうぞよろしく!!<直志>

5th Pic:

 
Last edited:

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
4 pics here

☆8月18日(月)発売の赤マルジャンプで番外編が掲載!!スイの秘密が発覚!?

☆あの二人の出会いも明かされる!?JC第1巻は来週8月4日(月)発売!!


 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
I see armor~!
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
I see armor~!
what do you mean? o.o

it seems falzen troops got attacked by zezu.. how badass is he... I ean loook at pic.. zezu jumps at falzen... I love that scene xD

btw, sui looks so cute and scary at same time xD
 

LegACy

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
568
Reaction score
690
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Oooh... someone translates them please...
Is that actually falzen team??
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
meaning that, as you noted, the Militaire sisters are finally making an appearance. Though I wonder if they are the ones who are coming to meet Elle and Kiri or just ...random Militaires.
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
btw,

her sister's name "Andy Frau" ( アンディ・フラウ )

Wiktionary said:
Frau f., (plural: Frauen)

  1. (obsolete) A lady.
  2. An adult female, a woman.
  3. One's wife.
  4. A title of courtesy, equivalent to Mrs/Ms, which has nearly replaced Fräulein in the function of Miss.
  5. Lady, mistress.

xDD
 
Top