Cleaning Double Sewing and Non-Bubble Text Removal

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I ended up making a couple cleaning vids for someone applying for my group for a redrawing position and I figured if anyone else found them helpful then that'd be good.

It shows the general process of sewing and getting rid of text on the page from a series called Akumetsu, so many many action lines and humongous text directly on the page. I couldn't find a good video editing program to speed some parts up and add subtitles, so they're really just vids of me sewing and redrawing an entire double, without any cuts really. This is the way I learned the power of the line tool and other stuff, so hopefully it helps someone out there.

Also, Izumo no Ryuu (http://www.iryuu.net) is recruiting double sewers and redrawers for Akumetsu, so email me at tradedaemon at gmail dot com if you're interested.

One piece of advice for sewing, the better you can get the two pages lined up, the easier it is obviously, but I've never been able to get a completely straight page that I could just stamp across. So just line up the main things that have a lot of mass on the page, but small stuff like speed lines can be redrawn pretty easily. And when possible, just copy and paste chunks of speedlines if they're at the edge. I didn't do that to show what you do when you can't but, whatever saves you time and still looks relatively natural is always better.

If anyone has questions about any of this, go ahead and ask em here.

Before:


After:


Vids:
Double Sewing :
http://rapidshare.de/files/38982696/Sewing.zip.html
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4b3knf


Text Removal:
http://rapidshare.de/files/38983975/Redrawing.zip.html
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2eea39
 
Last edited:

Ruroni

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Job well done. :)
 

MXC

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
umm, ur quite good, but I would have liked the english text a lot more if it wasn't covering the sword going through, which kind of is the focal point of the entire image :S
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
what's up with the 200mb files man,
not everyone can download that big a file, especially from rapidshare
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
They're hour long vids, so they were like a gb originally. Tried to compress them as best I could.
 

spades

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
100
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
!!!!....
dude, if i only saw the one you edited, i wouldn't hv known that you redraw + sewed the pages unless i looked carefully.

guess i'll hv to work harder!
 

Zalin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hi, thanks a lot for the videos. Very interesting for a guy new to this. Particularly how you used the clone stamp tool. I hadn't tried that tool before.
 
Last edited:

1211

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
242
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the vids, but why did you upload to rapidshare.de instead of .com? (I don't have a .de premium T_T)
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
idk. Seemed the same to me.
 

mab

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
107
Reaction score
49
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Saudi Arabia
if u could upload it to rapidshare.com that will be much thanked also mediafire

i want to see how this was done :D
 

1211

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
194
Reaction score
242
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
would you be so kind as to upload it to rapidshare.com for us? I'm experiencing timeouts halfway on rs.de Oo
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Now I remember why I didn't use rapidshare.com. They only allow 200mb files and the files are 224 and 200.630. Mediafire only allows 100mb, so you'll have to give me another place.
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sendspace is probably the other better known place
 

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
K, upped and edited thread head links to sendspace too.
 

Stmated

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Why'd you make the English text so large? ;/ It covers a lot of the original art. But other than that, very nice.

EDIT: And of course, again, I forgot to check the dates before posting. I am not used to sections being this slow on a forum. Hm ^^;
 

string

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Israel
Is there any chance you upload at least the text removal video, please? Both links tell me the file has been removed... >: I was looking into removing non-bubble text for some time now, and this is the only thing I found, so I would really really appreciate it if you could upload it again. Thanks! (:
 
Top