Shounen Doubt by Tonogai Yoshiki

geassman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
South Korea
I just read the latest chap.-awesome!

I had suspected her, it wavered a little because the wolf looked more like a male but still... I wonder how she lay in the bed and attacked Hahime at the same time, though...
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
im confused as well, was the fever that she had an act?

And whose body is hanging in the hallway? ><

[eni]Same issue as the post above >.> [/eni]
Most likely Yui's since we only saw her head and no body. On a side note...Mitsuki would be truly psychotic if she was pissed and started this whole game because he brushed her off about her birthday? :s Also, i am convinced her dad or someone else is in on it too and this is planned - there's no way she could come up with this elaborate thing on a whim.


new chapter is out... some more explanation on her motives. But her "way" of saving him is absurd - make him look like the wolf so he can get mobbed by others while she kill the rest? Also, wonder what the other lie is..
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Theory 4: The VERY,VERY Insane theory
The killer is....Mitsuki's dad.
Don't ask me why,I just suspect him. This isn't even a theory.
He isn't even a character.
....or maybe no one is actually dead and the whole thing is just a game and they don't know that?
....I'm kinda sad that was true. Hell if he is the real killer...Then I'm really pissed off. It will have turned out to be a really,really disappointing ending.
 

EL_manana

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
177
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Russian Federation
WTH!?!?!?! We have never even seen him!!! Bad, this chapter is so disappointing. Mitsuki being a killer is an awesome thing, but... I think this manga lacks some proper background of the characters. They just appear all in a couple of pages- a bunch of unknown people- and then we already have to worry about them even though we know NOTHING at all and perhaps it is just me, but I didn't feel anything after finding out that they are all lires, murderers, prostitutes... I can't feel the depth of Mitsuki and Yuu 's bond, cause all we get is a couple of pages where they are shown as children and yes, it was sweet, but except it they look like totally strange people to each other. especially in the beginning... Well, I understand, this is the sort of manga that should constantly keep the reader in tension and avoid pages that won't make the readers feel creepy all over, but I don't like it when we get everything from the words of one of the characters without good flashbacks or signs... We are childhood friends... her past is that... his past is this... oh, she felt so pleased inside back then... All words words words. And then Mitsuki will just randomly say smth like "I have a childhood trauma and my dad is a crazy maniac who sells organs and I am mad too. " and we will simply belive in it and don't need any visual explanation. "Yuu, remember, you called me on a date back then and didn't come. I' ll kill you." she says with a smile and that's all we need to understand her.
Well, I guess it's really hard to understand my point here. My English is still not good enough.
By the way, I like this manga so much! And the page 20-21 in this chapter
was so awesome!!!!!
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
It's been 24hours, so we can leave the spoiler tags aside for ch15.

Actually, I don't find it too abstract that Mitsuki's father is involved. Remember the first chapter, Mitsuki and Yuu met because she was shopping with "Papa". She passed on a test so "Papa" wanted to buy her whatever she liked. And she also seemed like quite the Daddy's Girl seeing how she, as a policemans daughter, reacted on the underage smoking. I also remember that I found it weird that the translation said "I'm shopping" and not "I'm about to go shopping" which would indicate that she waited on her father but instead it sounded as if she was already doing it. But where was her father? Mitsuki just left with the others for Karaoke but I can't remember that she ever called him to stall the shopping (plans).

Personally I find this development more existing than having Mitsuki alone or one of the other kids as the culprint. It's still hard to believe that a teenager could built up the whole thing (the place, the game, the background researchs). The situation looks completely different with an adult, and a cop to boot, in the background.

I mean, how could Mitsuki be related to the others to such an extend that she wants to kill them off? It sounds more understandable to me that her father was the police officer in charge of all their cases but couldn't touch them (covered up by higher ups, blackmail, ect) and therefor developed a psychotic grudge against them. I'm very interested to see how Yuu is involved in this. Yuu forgot something important about "tomorrow" in the first chapter, which gave Mitsuki a sad look on the face (her birthday or some memorial date, I assume), maybe that was a hint as well. What kind of date could it be other than a birthday? Maybe the day her mother died? Seeing that Mitsuki and her Dad aren't right in their minds anymore, there must be trigger for both of them to act this way. And maybe Yuu would be (accidently) involved in this? Ah, I love weird theories at 3am ... *goes to bed* >.>
 
Last edited by a moderator:

freezen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Hidden
Country
Singapore
Hypnosis, maybe? Seeing the manga so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka plays a trick on us but on the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just that simple solution. Though, I would like him to explain the scene where we see the wolf attacking Mitsuki... maybe her lost twin? xD In any case I have a hard time imagining a small girl like her doing all of this alone: Setting up the game, luring victims, murdering tall guys, ect.

Everything is possible atm.
you know what, you are really right. (is doubt turning out a bit too predictable?)
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
WORST. ENDING. EVER.
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Exactly, it was so chliché "teeny horror-slasher", it could have been awesome even after rei was shown as the true wolf but no he had to choose this ending <-<
I'm not talking it should have ended "good" the bad ending was expected but well, it should have ended sooner or maybe it should get some additional pages to explain a bit more.

I'm truely dissapointed. An excellent series ruined by it's ending
 
Last edited:

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
How about explaining why you think that?

I might not have liked that they made it out of that building, but I really liked the last 2-3 pages ._. Rei living and still being evil is great (I mean, in as "the wolf living"), imho. It gives this manga more personality and identity than all those happy-end turn-around-sissy stories >.> It's rare to find an ending like this, I'm glad it's like this.

Though I would've liked the series to end at the hang-him part already, just so we don't get any explanation or anything >.> It'd have certainly become on of the best-ended manga if it would've just done that >.>;
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
For me, there are three kinds of ending.

Good endings
Bad endings
And "BAH! IT ENDED! COULDN'T YOU TELL? NEITHER DID I!"

I wouldn't mind everyone dying. I do, however, mind the way it ended. It was just...so...sudden. I was like "What? that's it?"

And I also hated the fact that they made hypnotism able to do anything.
HYPNOTISM DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

And Rei seemed to be the villain for the sake of it.
They never explained how Rei faked her body being there(did they?)

It was just..lacking.
 

EL_manana

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
177
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Russian Federation
Well, the one thing I really liked was that Mitsuki wasn't proved innocent. She was the most annoying character in this manga from my point of view. And I liked that everyone died. But the whole hypnotism and Rei being a wolf was a bit too expected. Though, I must say, the author made a good twist leading us the wrong way by representing Mitsuki as a murderer. Well, in the end I must say this manga was very enjoyable, though I remember a very similar American film with pretty much the same plot. Well, a good read indeed.
 

p1xel

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Nice manga.Too short.Not too good ending.Though i liked it.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
well i like the medic guy... hoped that he lived and ended the doubt...but i guess the whole hypnotism plan was too thought out.... its a good thing that the manga ended though if it would have continued then it would have been too shallow ...i mean there wasnt much to take this few more chaps...it was a good decision ofthe author to end it then and there...has been quite a while since i ve read Doubt so dun remember the names ... so cant really credit any liked character much
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The ending was awful because THAT.IS.NOT.HOW.HYPNOTISM.WORKS. and it broke all suspension of disbelief I had.

It was quite nice up to that point though.
 
Top