Shounen Doubt by Tonogai Yoshiki

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
We can't be sure Rei died. Hypnotism+ Suggestive atmosphere+Make up=It's not impossible that she survived.

Also, anyone else thinks that maybe the WHOLE THING was just a game? Like virtual reality or something?
Here are some "hints" i found scattered... anyone else noticed anything?:

1. Rei talking to eiji - was he really trying to hit on her? They looked pretty serious..

2. Mitsuki talking to her dad - perhaps "i am with great friends" a signal to tell him to start the game. And perhaps her "birthday present" is to kill Yuu's friends and have alone time with him - but then that would kinda mean she's psychotic and from flashbacks it really didn't seem to be..

3. We never "convincingly" found out if rei was dead - although anyone looking at the stake through her chest and her hands staked to the wall prob figure she died - it wouldve been more convincing if they chopped her leg off and use the barcode..

4. mitsuki - slight injury? she is the only one besides Yuu who "survived" assault by the wolf... the wolf must know them both which might lead to her father. Also hanging with no view to face might mean it is not her..

5. the hint hajime gave us with the keychain.. maybe a person with keychain has barcode there too.

6. rei could possibly hypnotize people but to the extent that we see now - not sure if that's possible?

7.We still dont know who organized the 1st game/meeting. It cant possibly be by chance but then again why wait after so many games to start murdering people? maybe once everyone became "friends" and then do it?
 
Last edited:

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
o.o
so the person who attacked mitsuki and eiji from behind was her father?
who was it that attacked them from behind when mitsuki was down with the fever and eiji chained down? :o
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
o.o
so the person who attacked mitsuki and eiji from behind was her father?
who was it that attacked them from behind when mitsuki was down with the fever and eiji chained down? :o
maybe her father again? Well it seems to make us believe Mitsuki is in on it somehow since the wolf attack eiji and mitsuki, dragged mitsuki away and "hanged her". Since we dont see the head it is probably not her. The wolf probably left eiji and yuu to kill eachother.. i am hoping that it is not her father though since it is pretty predictable.. also Eiji found out who the wolf is from the keychain... it was weird he didn't tell yuu even after he survived the stabbing...
 

lakrits

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
At first i thought it might have been Haruka or Hajime judging by this:

and this:


I mean,did someone send Hajime a message about changing the time and place of the meeting or did Hajime send Haruka a message saying that he had something to do at his university?
 

shouryuujo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
851
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
At first i thought it might have been Haruka or Hajime judging by this:

and this:


I mean,did someone send Hajime a message about changing the time and place of the meeting or did Hajime send Haruka a message saying that he had something to do at his university?
o... i totally missed that! Hmm it's become weirder and weider...
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When does the next chapter comes out?

I still think the killer is Rei.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Yes, Gangan (the magazine) gets released around the 12th of each month. Snoopy Cool doesn't scan as fast as our Naruto speedscanners here (expect them to release two weeks later), but they do a good job and it's worth the wait, imho.

Here's the chapter cover page (and title) for the time being:

Nothing helpful on it this month, though. Depending on manga and chapter, it's sometimes a little spoiler to the chapter.
 
Last edited:

tehgrim

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
114
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, i followed rabbit doubt back when the earlier chapters were released. But now i've caught up on the recent chpaters as well.

I've noticed a few people saying that, the rabbit is someone who hasn't used their barcode. However that isn't necessarily true, in that the rabbit could have two barcode and has only shown and used one. The other possibility is that the rabbit has used his universal barcode in front of everyone, BUT he/she pretends that its a one-time use barcode.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
your theory makes sense,about having more than one code. It could explain everything.......If the killer is Hajime that would be insanely awesome. Cutting off his own hand just to fool everyone..Although that is improbable at best. Since that the rabbit has two hands.

...When does chapter 14 come out? I can't wait anymore!
 

patedecarne

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
2,841
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know, but if Doubt follows the same route as Saw, we'll see another great surprise in the end: I don' know why but I'm thinking that Rei has something to do with everything: she was the most mysterious person so far, and Hajime, ah, don't think he's guilty, but if anything, just one thing about him still bugs me: He doesn't seem the type who'll play a game like that, and still he was the first one to be caught;

Mitsuki, on the other hand, just like Rei, could be the key here, but then we're about to face another problem: Rei and Mitsuki, by themselves, wouldn't be able to do such things in that place, their physical force isn't anything extraordinary, where again we can see more similarities with Saw;

Then, I'm seeing two people involved here, a la Scream 1...
 

tehgrim

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
114
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If the killer is Hajime that would be insanely awesome. Cutting off his own hand just to fool everyone..Although that is improbable at best. Since that the rabbit has two hands.
You mean eiji, since he's the one who had his hand cut off and then was hung.

Though there's one thing i don't understand, Haruka was the one who killed Eiji right? But when where shown the flashback of Yuu sticking his hand into the room, the rabbit that is shown is a guy...

this page:
http://www.onemanga.com/Doubt/13/12-13/

Also the fact about Rei being the most suspicious is also understandable in that she's the character we know least about.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Chapter 14 got released by Snoopy Cool! :luv

Grab it here: http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/doubt/index.html
Please use spoilertags for the first 24 hours after this post was made, thank you.

//edit... so I've just read it...
Holy crap... I feel SO sorry for him. I calculated her in as the wolf, like many others but still the way how she was revealed was great (although, you could tell it's a girl from the first panel showing the shirt >.>). Now, what does she mean? And how will he answer her question? And I'm pretty sure there must be something bigger behind this or did she create all the files on her own? Not to mention a small girl all on her own killing off so many people... hm...

This manga is so freaking awesome! :clap
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Chapter 14 got released by Snoopy Cool! :luv

Grab it here: http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/doubt/index.html
OH MY GOT IT'S OUT!
*downloading it*

c'mon...go faster pc,go faster! I want to see if I was right! Or if anyone was right! Or if...Fuck that, I just want to read it!

torrent doesn't really work that well here, can anyone upload it somewhere else please? My torrent client hasn't even connected to the tracker yet.


EDIT: Nevermind I got it.

But...This is...Weird. Not that weird but still...I'm not completely convinced that the killer is Mitsuki. I still think that Rei is involved somehow. Well, now we have to wait for the next chapter!

[eni]Please look at the date and time of my post above and use spoilertags for the first 24 hours. [/eni]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

tehgrim

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
114
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
im confused as well, was the fever that she had an act?

And whose body is hanging in the hallway? ><

[eni]Same issue as the post above >.> [/eni]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Quetz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
496
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so it was the med student the whole time, yea?
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
But...This is...Weird. Not that weird but still...I'm not completely convinced that the killer is Mitsuki. I still think that Rei is involved somehow. Well, now we have to wait for the next chapter!
Hypnosis, maybe? Seeing the manga so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka plays a trick on us but on the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just that simple solution. Though, I would like him to explain the scene where we see the wolf attacking Mitsuki... maybe her lost twin? xD In any case I have a hard time imagining a small girl like her doing all of this alone: Setting up the game, luring victims, murdering tall guys, ect.

Everything is possible atm.
 
Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hypnosis, maybe? Seeing the manga so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka plays a trick on us but on the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if it was just that simple solution. Though, I would like him to explain the scene where we see the wolf attacking Mitsuki... maybe her lost twin? xD In any case I have a hard time imagining a small girl like her doing all of this alone: Setting up the game, luring victims, murdering tall guys, ect.

Everything is possible atm.
Yeah, the only thing holding this theory back is that..Well, it's impossible to hypnotize someone to do things they wouldn't normally do, despite popular belief. But hey, this is a manga! But again,look at this:

There is someone behind Yuu when he has just knocked the wolf down. This means that..Well,the true wolf could still be Rei. Or I just misinterpreted the scene, who knows haha
 
Last edited:

EL_manana

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
177
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Russian Federation
Do you remember Haruhi (or what is the name of that blond girl?) We got to see her head but not the body. So what if the body hanging there is Haruhi's dressed in Mitsuki's clothes... We didn't see this hanged body in whole..with the face...
Sorry if I'm repeating someone. Didn't read all the previous pages of this thread.
Well, this chapter was awesome. It was like 20-smth pages before they actually showed Mitsuki's face. I was already expecting that they won't show us the wolf in this chapter as well. And I am glad that it isn't Rei. (well, unless Mitsuki is also her "hypnotizing".) I was a tiny bit expecting the wolf to be Mitsuki, but still it is awesome!!!
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@EL_manana: You're probably right, since Mitsuki, when she was shown in chapter 14, was wearing different clothing from what she was wearing in the beginning. What I'm curious about is the point of the flashback, is it meant to show the underlying reason why Mitsuki took the action of killing people who lie or is it to show the actions that Mitsuki would take in order to rid the world of the people that lie?
 
Top