Hangout - Dr. Stone Hangout Thread | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Dr. Stone Hangout Thread

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
My boy finally found his girl :hip:zomg I think this is the birth of my ship in this series :hurr
The chapter was really good, I think its the first ship in the series (About freaking time!!). I am amazed Kohaku did that well against Tsukasa, I thought shed get murked instantly, but she was able to put up a decent fight against him, pretty epic for her first introduction into the series, and how didn't she get injured from that giant tree falling on her?:XD Did Tsukasa leave her alive on purpose? Wouldn't be surprised, I can see him underestimating her and thinking she isn't a threat (The irony would lie later if both Senkuu and Kohaku combine to beat Tsukasa later on). Or is Tsukasa just chivalrous? Then again he did want to hurt Yuzuriha earlier...
All in all, pretty sold chapter, its the first good one ever since Senkuu's 'death' a few chapters back, glad to see this series is picking up heat again :)

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow, 40! That's a much bigger number of humans Senkuu can enlighten to the wonders of science than I thought he would get. Village is very Stone Age flair, I like it. I wonder if this is the sole human tribe or if worldwide lots of such tribes exist but with much knowledge lost or even different knowledge preserved kinda like in Horizon Zero Dawn where some have more knowledge about metallurgy, religion, survival, etc.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So, how does Kohaku know Japanese but is unaware of science? Even if she is the kid of people who became normal after some time isn't it a bit weird?

Good chapter.
I think that's because Kohaku wasn't a stoned human, I might be wrong but I see no "black broken lines" from where the stone broke on her like Senkuu and co had. So she is a normal born human meaning she is a decedent from humans who broke free from the stone curse way earlier than Senkuu. As for how early, at least around 17+ years given Kohaku's teenage looks and given her not knowing about black powder but "gentlemen" it could also be that several hundred years might have passed since her ancestors had become free from the stone curse.

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
A slight nitpick but last chapter Kohaku stated she was unharmed but for what ever reason this chapter she's hurt somehow, but is still able to actually do flips and those body contortions of her's at the end of the chapter. I know that the village doesn't know much about science but I surprised that no one's made the connection between water and fire to make hot water even for "stone age" people to not know how to make hot water is a little to much suspension of belief especially if they are descendants from people who broke free of the stone. This may be just me but does any one get the this series is closing with X amount of chapters with this chapter?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Suddenly the cast grew a lot.

This is getting better. I am liking this arc so far.

A slight nitpick but last chapter Kohaku stated she was unharmed but for what ever reason this chapter she's hurt somehow, but is still able to actually do flips and those body contortions of her's at the end of the chapter. I know that the village doesn't know much about science but I surprised that no one's made the connection between water and fire to make hot water even for "stone age" people to not know how to make hot water is a little to much suspension of belief especially if they are descendants from people who broke free of the stone. This may be just me but does any one get the this series is closing with X amount of chapters with this chapter?
I don't have the impression it will end soon.

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Suddenly the cast grew a lot.

This is getting better. I am liking this arc so far.

I don't have the impression it will end soon.
The main reason I guess it came across that way to me is that unless Senkuu has to do something for the village, I'm not saying it won't happen, but with how the writer didn't really feel the need to have them actually work to get the reviving potion and with how easily it was for them to find the ingredients necessary to make gunpowder I don't see it happening.

Something else that came to mind recently after reading the chapter how do we know that Senkuu actually gave Tsukasa the proper measurements to make the reviving potion, so going out to find people to help deal with him seems a little unnecessary.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
This story got several times better with only Senkuu in focus :XD Seriously, this dude is legit the best part of this series, kind of like what Sesshomaru was to Inuyasha.
The interactions between Kohaku and Senkuu were brilliant, the part where Kohaku told Senkuu that just because she's interested in him doesn't mean she trusts him was ESPECIALLY well done. I thought that judging from last week'd ending, she'd end up falling head over heels for him then becoming his fangirl, but she ended up not being that shallow. Shipping is on :p
Also, Kohaku's friends reactions at seeing bubbles :Haha
Short prediction for the upcoming chapters:
I can see Kohaku losing her whole village, and this is ultimately how she ends up joining the main cast. Tsukasa might end up setting his sights on the village eventually (I could be wrong, but it seemed like the village was mostly comprised of middle aged people, Tsukasa doesn't need this type in his new empire.) So he could kill everyone else in the village, and spare Kohaku and her two friends since they're young. Forced into a hostage situation, Senkuu and Taiju need to save them.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Nice chapter. It will be interesting to find out the origin of this village. Senkuu not beig the first to be un-petrified is surprising but there was always room for that twist considering Senkuu himself was revived on his own, or without a special formula I should say. I like the dynamic with him and Kohaku. Given her physical skills she'll make a good sidekick while Taiju is undercover. The character designs of the villagers are cool. I can see this being the focus of the arc, Senkuu helping to upgrade the civilization, building trust before revealing his ultimate goal. I'm glad it's picked up a bit because for a while it was quite bland. I hope it keeps up the pacing as well and doesn't lag like it did before.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It will be interesting to hear the "history" of this village as to who was their founder and stuff. Hope we get a shaman or some elder who can tell us about why they are descents from people of the year 20XX but know little or nothing of science and stuff.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Hahahaha, just today i watched "Oz: The Powerful", the sharp-tongued wizard has arrived to mine village to do some antics and conquest.
The reutilization of the pulley materials was a nice touch, that's what a scientist do, nothing to say about this design, quite good. Kohaku doesn't appreciate men at all, apparently, just like Senkuu's idea of love. A further development of the matter would be nice for this class of Shonen, you know... gotta repoblate. Just as what @Koi Kage stated before, i hope next chapter to show how Kohaku and the rest got to craft knifes and swords.

Kurisubestwaifu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
DAMN this is getting good now, thise whole thing about a new civilization besides the people that were turned to stone. I mean, it's still early but judging by their intelect and level of culture hey might be a whole new civilization born/created from scrap (or it might be as Senku said, but i find that weird). Anyway the plot is becoming a little more concrete which is good. Loved the interactions btw Senku and Kohhaku, funny as hell xD

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best chapter since this series started, the story has been so dry and ridiculous to me that it was hard to follow weekly. They just need to focus on Senkuu and get rid of Taiju and the useless girl. This Kohaku girl is pretty cool, I like her personality. Was I the only one who thought of the Periodic Table when all those people were lined up?

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 18 is out on MS http://readms.net/r/dr_stone/018/4393/1

Didn't really care much for this chapter to me it was kind boring to read this week. I think I would've prefered Chrome being either the apprentice of a revived science teacher or the son/grandson of said science teacher, because in my opinion the back story for how chrome figured out how to do the things he showed was kind of a cop-out for a backstory.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I didn't mind this chapter so much. It was actually a bit funny. Sort of an introduction to characters that I guess will be playing a supporting role as the manga continues. It was nice to see a bit of their personalities. Nothing much happened in the way of plot advancement other than Senkuu managing to get a sort of foothold in the village. I'd imagine as the village's lead "sorcerer" Chrome will play a part in getting the elders to trust Senkuu. Or at least back Kohaku when she inevitably pleads Senkuu's case so he's not shunned right away with this no outsiders policy.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Okay, Chrome is a very entertaining character, I feel as if in some ways he's what a smarter Taiju would be like, so I can see him and Taiju getting along in the event that they ever meet up :XD
Pretty funny chapter, the part with the rainbow flames was legit the highlight of the chapter hahaha, I get the feeling Chrome will make a pretty handy sidekick to Senkuu, especially seeing how efficient he is at getting equipment (How do you even find blue crystals in a cave:blink). But this page gives me the feeling he might get killed in front of Senkuu:
As a lesson in pain, that is in case the series ever decides to kill off some characters.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Battle in Arithmetic? I bet a math teacher was one of the founders of this settlement. xD
I hoped for a world building chapter not a "science vs sorcery" battle, especially because the outcome of that one was already clear as day and not as fun as expected. Hopefully next chapter gives me the worldbuilding for this village I desire.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Great chapter! It gave me the air of Hiruma tricking on Sena xD
Chrome is very funny and even got his own "Enel face" panel. The experiments with static eletricity were nice even when they weren't fully explained, but i appreciated the fact that thanks to geta and Senkuu stepping on a stone it created its effects, sulfur is quite astonshing to me.
Taijuu < Chrome, btw.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Funny chapter, I like Chrome already. Senku's interactions with these guys are already much better than with his two other friends.

Kurisubestwaifu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Well this will make Tsukasa even more frustrated, to know that even he kills someone who is all about sciene (which is against his way of living) there will be someone else to come that is all about discovering and creating, experimenting. Funny chapter, didn't add much to the plot but it was funny the challenge btw these 2 haha

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 19 is up on MS: http://readms.net/r/dr_stone/019/4425/1

Another boring chapter this week, I would've much preferred the chapter be focused on Ruri and her illness over what we got in this chapter.