Voting Round 2 Dragon Ball vs. Berserk

Who wins?

  • Dragon Ball

  • Berserk


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

​

Dragon Ball
Akira Toriyama
​

​
-

Berserk
Kentaro Miura
​



Rules

- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is an even easier choice than last round was for me. That is coming from someone who watched DBZ when they were 6 or 7 and still thinks fondly of it too lol. Nostalgia is a thing, and I can accept that, and DB has had a huge impact on the manga medium as well, but Berserk is just next level stuff. I really cannot even think of anything DB does better than it, that and with Berserk being my favorite manga of all time means I am all in on Berserk here.
 
Last edited:

Potatoe-Titan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
198
Reaction score
263
Country
Germany
Still going with Dragonball even if I like Berserk.
 

Skylent

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Messages
188
Reaction score
271
Age
29
Country
France
DB is charming but it has too numerous flaws to compete with Berserk imo.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Honestly,this isn't really close for me here actually i do have a Soft Spot for Dragonball believe me i still remember the Days when i came home from School just to watch the Recorded Episodes from the Day before that i couldnt watch at the Time and just losing my Mind over Goku screaming his Lungs out for a PowerUp.
But in the End i have to vote for what i like and enjoy more and that is in both Writing and Quality Berserk for me.


Also seeing that i am the Nominator of Berserk i'd like to say 1 Thing to the Berserk Supporters and Fans:
"Band of the Hawk to me!!!"
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Lets be honest here, if it wasn't for the DBZ anime pretty everyone here wouldn't even know what DB is. Nostalgia is the only thing I believe DB has going for it. Berserk is better on every level. I'll debate anyone who says otherwise.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I am voting for Guts
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Sorry DB, you may be one of the very first Manga I've read, but you cannot stand a chance against Berserk...
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Dragon Ball it is! Too much nostalgia for me. :p

Besides I haven't read Cringeserk :kappa @Aizen
 

Anti Hero 3:16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
588
Reaction score
785
Age
35
Country
United States
No question DB, son goku is my all time favourite character.
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Berserk against DB is like putting a tiger against a cat:kappa
Please...:notamused
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Berserk by far in this one :D
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Never read Berserk so I can't argue which story is better. Though, looking at a few pages, I'll admit that it has some pretty detailed artwork. But DBZ is still much more appealing in my eyes. For something that was written more than 20 years ago, it has inspired so many manga artists today. Not to mention, it introduced a whole new unique concept of 'superpowers' that many people have come to love.

Anyways, to support DB, I'll post one of my favorite panels from the manga and a few colored images.




 
Last edited:

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
DragonBall is my very first manga, its anime was my childhood, who in here didn't try a kamehameha or given energy to the Genkidama? :blush

But Berserk is the superior series clearly, DB only surpass it in terms of nostalgia. Its a good point that its a finished work though, something that Berserk may never achieve.

This time, with all the pain it causes, I will vote Berserk.
 

Dunno1978

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
45
Reaction score
47
Age
28
Country
Tartaros
I voted for Berserk, because of Casca and Guts, one of the best anime couple of all time.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Berserk is my favourite manga, although I don't feel like much of a fan these days since I haven't read it in bulk for a long time... some of my memory of it is like Casca's :zomg

No disrespect to DB which is an important series for most of us.

@The President if Berserk loses you'll need to re-think your sets :heh
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Never read Berserk so I can't argue which story is better.
DBs story is about as bare bones as they come, I'd argue that the majority of stories out there are better then DBs story, its not really about the story.

Not to mention, it introduced a whole new unique concept of 'superpowers' that many people have come to love.
Gonna have to disagree there. The series that really propelled superpowers was Jojo. Stands are what influenced the power systems in series like HxH and One Piece.

if Berserk loses you'll need to re-think your sets :heh
If it looses against DB I'll let you pick my next set for me.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
DBs story is about as bare bones as they come, I'd argue that the majority of stories out there are better then DBs story, its not really about the story.
I mean if that's what most people think, then it is what it is. For me, a story doesn't have to have much meaning or depth for it to be a good story. It can be a simple adventure, and as long as it is captivating, that would fine by me. If complexity is what people are looking for, then DB loses.

Gonna have to disagree there. The series that really propelled superpowers was Jojo. Stands are what influenced the power systems in series like HxH and One Piece.
Well what I meant by 'superpowers' was things like Ki, aura, energy blasts, etc. Before DB, superpowers boiled down to things like lasers, telekinesis, or an increase in physical power.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top