Voting Round 2 Dragon Ball vs. Berserk

Who wins?

  • Dragon Ball

  • Berserk


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
I mean if that's what most people think, then it is what it is. For me, a story doesn't have to have much meaning or depth for it to be a good story. It can be a simple adventure, and as long as it is captivating, that would fine by me. If complexity is what people are looking for, then DB loses.
Yeah I get you there.

Well what I meant by 'superpowers' was things like Ki, aura, energy blasts, etc. Before DB, superpowers boiled down to things like lasers, telekinesis, or an increase in physical power.
I believe Astro Boy is one of the very first manga and anime and it used stuff like energy blasts powered by the sun and whatnot. Aura was also a concept introduced prior to Dragon Ball. You could argue Dragon Ball popularized it I suppose, but it hardly founded it. And Jojo is what ultimately changed the game of superpowers forever by being the first to add vast versatility to superpowers related to aura.
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
Guts one shots what a easy match for Berserk LMAO.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Dragon Ball z was the series that made Anime popular outside Japan.
We in India the first Anime that we ever saw was DBZ.I still remember the thrill and excitement I used to enjoy on seeing it.

But if you see it now,apart from nostalgia it has nothing.Characters are pretty one-dimensional,plot is too simple,MC same.Berserk on the other hand is far ahead and better in this very categories. The only thing DBZ has over Berserk is that it is for everyone and you can watch it with anyone.But Berserk is not for everyone.The heroine gets raped in one episode.Pretty dark and the plot is complex too.


Overall,Berserk>DBZ.
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,330
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
I dropped Berserk at volume 3, a friend that is reading the current chapters told me that Tower of God is better than Berserk.

I can't put ToG at the same level than DB xD So my vote goes to Dragon Ball.

You didn't specify who is the tiger and who is the cat :heh.
He meant this one:

 

Kay3795

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
2,030
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
DB.... I'm compelled to vote it you see.... Nostalgia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top