Predictions - Dream Matchups for the Strawhats | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Dream Matchups for the Strawhats

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy vs Whitebeard
Zoro vs Diamond Jozu
Sanji vs Kizaru
Nami vs Enel
Ussop vs Yassop
Robin vs Smoothie
Jinbei vs Fisher Tiger
Brook vs Apoo
Franky vs PX0
Chopper vs Jack

This isn't a power levels discussion just what you want to see match up wise.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think Luffy vs WB is a great match-up, WB was quite strong physically and his DF is probably the most destructive but Luffy's rubber body should have some degree of immunity against it. However, WB looked kinda slow for a speedster like Luffy. Kaido vs Luffy might be a better dream match-up.

Zoro vs Jozu is not bad at all but I see it similar to Zoro vs Mr 1, all Zoro's arsenal being useless until the point when he becomes able to cut diamond and until then he would have to take on Jozu's raw strength. Imo, dream match-up could be Fujitora vs Zoro, offering good swordsmanship duel but Fujitora's gravity would put Zoro under a ton of stress which would push him further both offensively and defensively.

Sanji vs Kizaru seems great indeed and probably there isnt a better pairing. I am also interested in fiery Big Mom(without Napoleon) vs fiery Sanji.

Nami vs Enel seems interesting. I would also like to see her against Boa Hancock.

Ussop vs Yassop is a given, would also like to see vs Augur.

Robin vs Smoothie would be great. I am also interested in Robin vs Alvida(slim with her slippery DF).

I would like to see Jinbe against Jozu.

I would like to see Brook against Hawkins but match-up with Apoo is also good.

Battle of cyborgs is cool. I would like to see Franky against Queen or Urogue.

Chopper vs Jack seems perfect, a battle against Bege could be interesting to see who has more tricks.

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
luffy vs ace
zoro vs sanji
nami vs big mom

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro vs All the main guys that Luffy has fought including Katakuri and Doflamingo all the way down to Crocodile.
Sanji vs All the main guys that Luffy has fought including Katakuri and Doflamingo all the way down to Crocodile.
Jinbe vs All the main guys that Luffy has fought including Katakuri and Doflamingo all the way down to Crocodile.

yep I just copied and pasted that.

Zoro vs Sanji, Jinbe, Hawkeye, Shanks, Burgess, Vista, Blackbeard, Kidd, Jack, Queen, King
Sanji vs Jinbe, Burgess, Blackbeard, Drake, Kidd, Jack, Queen, King
Jinbe vs Kidd, Burgess Blackbeard, Drake, Jack, Queen, King
Luffy vs Jack, Queen, King, Burgess, Blackbeard, Shanks
Luffy vs Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe, and all of their top opponents from the past. Yes, that means Luffy vs Ace too since Jinbe fought Ace.
Katakuri vs Jack, Queen, King, Burgess, Blackbeard, Shanks, Joz, Sabo

All of this is at present time power levels. Wow what a list lol. My dream matchups are subject to change as arcs passes by though.

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Buggy vs. Law(considering him to be an SH)
Sanji vs. Ivankov
Zoro vs. Mihawk of course
Usopp vs. Van Augur

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Katakuri VS Ace
(Would be fun to watch)

Garp or Sengoku VS Whitebeard
(I hoped to see this)

Doflamingo VS Sugar
(can you imagine the size of the veins on his forehead if he's turned into a monkey toy and is ordered to work as a slave to move that 'weird road' in the Holy Land?"

Imu-sama VS Crocus, in a staring contest.
( oh yes yes c: )

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Sanji vs All the main guys that Luffy has fought including Katakuri and Doflamingo all the way down to Crocodile.
sanji actually had fought doflamingo.
The result was devastating for sanji though.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Zoro vs whole yonko crew in the same fashion as zoro vs Baroque works agents.

Zoro vs Vista

Eos Luffy vs prime garp

Akainu vs Aokiji (why off pannel? :neutral)

Mihawk vs Shanks

Black beard vs Shanks

Sanji vs Vergo (full fight both healthy)

Sanji vs Sentomaru

Robin vs anyone pls Oda

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're right Woro. Guess I was thinking of a future Sanji past Wano. In my head I was thinking of a more even match lol and not foddering Sanji. I would really love to see that fight. One where Sanji can make his kicks so hot he burns doffy's strings or something.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Buggy vs. Law(considering him to be an SH)
Sanji vs. Ivankov
Zoro vs. Mihawk of course
Usopp vs. Van Augur
Sanji defeated Ivankov already as it said he need to take and defeat all the fighters on the island to claim their recipes and make him stronger 24/7. That includes Ivankov, so that fantasy kinda happened.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Sanji defeated Ivankov already as it said he need to take and defeat all the fighters on the island to claim their recipes and make him stronger 24/7. That includes Ivankov, so that fantasy kinda happened.
Zere is no vey!

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really dont see that this has happened :D

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
need actual canon source as proof, otherwise you are just making lies. The recipes only stated to be held by some experts, not every fighters

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you may be confused. I don't think Ivan had one of the 99 recipes. At least I can't find the panel showing it.

BUT if they did fight, I would love to see it. As goofy as Ivanko is, he is a Top Commander of the revolutionary army. Beating him would be a massive accomplishment for Sanji.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yeah, 2 of the trio didnt come close to beating their teachers during time skip, it would be weird if Sanji has beaten his teacher who is Revolutionary executive.
I think Ivankov is quite underestimated, just because his match-ups weren't in his favor. Magellan in the era before armament hardening and Akainu in the same era. His personality is also goofy which is another reason why he may be underestimated.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you may be confused. I don't think Ivan had one of the 99 recipes. At least I can't find the panel showing it.

BUT if they did fight, I would love to see it. As goofy as Ivanko is, he is a Top Commander of the revolutionary army. Beating him would be a massive accomplishment for Sanji.
Ivankov said he had one of the recipes too before starting the challenge. Sanji said he already defeated them all to get them which would includes Ivankov if I am not mistaken.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
King Moe made another lie for his arguments.....seemed like he lost again here.

And no, ivankov never said that , king moe
Ivankov was holding a scroll if those ingredients and made the challenge to him to get them all. Sanji said he achieve his training meaning he defeated Ivankov too. Plus it wouldn't make sense Ivankov isn't one of the masters when he is the King of the island.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
you need to provide canon source to backup your arguments
i will wait for the proof
Acutally, I just reread 595, you should too.

Ivanko clearly has one of the 99 Recipes, and Sanji had to beat all of the recipe holders. While it MIGHT not confirm he actually lost to Sanji in a full on battle, it does imply Sanji beat him in some way.

While I am hesitant to say Sanji beat a RA Commander, the manga IMPLIES differently.

@King Moe you may actually be right here. My bad. I can admit when I'm wrong.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Ivanko clearly has one of the 99 Recipes, and Sanji had to beat all of the recipe holders. While it MIGHT not confirm he actually lost to Sanji in a full on battle, it does imply Sanji beat him in some way.

While I am hesitant to say Sanji beat a RA Commander, the manga IMPLIES differently.

nope......it's only said that the recipes would given to the 99 okama fighters but it was never said that ivankov had it.
In fact, ivankov said that he would give each of the recipe to them. If he was included there, he would say something like "i would give 98 recipes to other fighters, and the last recipe would be held by me" , but he didn't. And sanji was only required to steal , not beat. After all, he's a pirate.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
nope......it's only said that the recipes would given to the 99 okama fighters but it was never said that ivankov had it.
In fact, ivankov said that he would give each of the recipe to them. If he was included there, he would say something like "i would give 98 recipes to other fighters, and the last recipe would be held by me" , but he didn't. And sanji was only required to steal , not beat. After all, he's a pirate.

I still win this argument unless king moe can give proper canon sources..........
If that was the case, why is he holding one of the scrolls and declaring him the challenge than someone else. Also again he is the King of the island. For him to know about the ingredients in detail and isn't a master, doesn't make sense given his position. Pretty sure is heavily implied he is one of them like it or not. Also no, Ivankov said to defeat them, not only steal. If he never defeat anyone they would be still after him and wouldn't hand or get caught easily. You can see on last page on Sanji he is fighting with them, not being sneaky about it. So takes away your point there.

Things can be implied and be canon. This isn't the first time Oda does stuff like this, you know. That's like saying, since we never saw the fight of Akoji and Akainu, meaning they got their wounds from somewhere else, but still happen they fight and look like how the are post timeskip heavily hinted from the fight.

Sanji did defeat Ivankov as you can't denied it from your side that he didn't beat him. Proof right now is heavily hinted he defeated him. Lexus, even said so and you to reread.

You really need to chill over this, man. We just going from source from the manga/anime.[/QUOTE]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pretty sure its heavily hinted upon he did defeat him. Oda heavily hinted stuff before like this.

Its cool and I am surprise others didn't know that at all given how Ivankov is one laying the challenge and holding the scroll to boot.