Predictions - Dream Matchups for the Strawhats | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Dream Matchups for the Strawhats

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Again people are forgetting what COA does with this Zoro vs Jozu fight :epicfacepalm

Dream match up for me is :

Luffy vs Kong
Sabo vs Akainu (i know but it would be awesome)
Zoro vs Fujitora

Last edited:

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Again people are forgetting what COA does with this Zoro vs Jozu fight :epicfacepalm

Dream match up for me is :

Luffy vs Kong
Sabo vs Akainu (i know but it would be awesome)
Zoro vs Fujitora
Kong is an interesting match up for Luffy... Care to clarify?

Is it a curiosity to see Kong's battle feat or do you have a hidden reason for Luffy being the opponent?

As for your pot shot at me for suggesting Zoro vs Jozu. I have followed your stance on Jozu vs CoA and I disagree. There is a reason out of all Whitebeard's commanders, Jozu blocked Mihawk's (what people call "lazy") slash easily.

My reasons are 4 fold:

I have seen Jozu block Mihawk easily
I have seen Zoro cut steel and grow stronger
I haven't seen Zoro cut anything stronger than steel
It would be amazing to see Zoro cut through a diamond man

This isn't a VS thread so please don't make it one. I was simply responding to your off handed comment that was not neccessary...

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
He is the highest ranking marine and was admiral when Garp, Tsuru and Sengoku were VA but he still looks young, i have a feeling he is being made young like the 5 elder stars and given no one has succeeded him yet he probably is the strongest marine to have ever existed

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty sure its heavily hinted upon he did defeat him. Oda heavily hinted stuff before like this.

Its cool and I am surprise others didn't know that at all given how Ivankov is one laying the challenge and holding the scroll to boot.
The only reason I'm hesitant is because it would be odd that out of Luffy/Sanji/Zoro... Sanji would be the only one that beat their master.

That and Ivan's performance during Marineford is far greater than anything we've seen from Sanji.

One your side, Ivan being 1 of the 99 makes perfect sense. He's probably the greatest Okama Kenpo Master.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only reason I'm hesitant is because it would be odd that out of Luffy/Sanji/Zoro... Sanji would be the only one that beat their master.

That and Ivan's performance during Marineford is far greater than anything we've seen from Sanji.

One your side, Ivan being 1 of the 99 makes perfect sense. He's probably the greatest Okama Kenpo Master.
Well Sanji never once when 100% in a fight. We see his fights and something or someone either interrupt it or he holds back due to it.

Not fafetched as you all think. We get to see more in Wano since it's all-out fight on what he can show more.

True. He is King of the island. Doesn't make sense he doesn't know recipes if he explains out them to Sanji in the first place. That kinda puts him ahead being strong enough to defeat his own teach unlike the others. Maybe we could get flashback when he face Queen over it.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

Is it a curiosity to see Kong's battle feat or do you have a hidden reason for Luffy being the opponent?

As for your pot shot at me for suggesting Zoro vs Jozu. I have followed your stance on Jozu vs CoA and I disagree. There is a reason out of all Whitebeard's commanders, Jozu blocked Mihawk's (what people call "lazy") slash easily.

My reasons are 4 fold:

I have seen Jozu block Mihawk easily
I have seen Zoro cut steel and grow stronger
I haven't seen Zoro cut anything stronger than steel
It would be amazing to see Zoro cut through a diamond man

This isn't a VS thread so please don't make it one. I was simply responding to your off handed comment that was not neccessary...
As i have said if COA didnt affect DF users then Jozu would be invincible, and as the story has shown us COA can bypass a DF defense and damage the DF user so why shouldn't the same happen to Jozu?

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
As i have said if COA didnt affect DF users then Jozu would be invincible, and as the story has shown us COA can bypass a DF defense and damage the DF user so why shouldn't the same happen to Jozu?
None of that is my reason for Zoro to face Jozu.

Zoro fought a steel man
Now
I want Zoro to face a diamond man

That's it...

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
None of that is my reason for Zoro to face Jozu.

Zoro fought a steel man
Now
I want Zoro to face a diamond man

That's it...
The problem is, unlike when he faced Mr1 and struggled vs Jozu he wont as much since he has COA,
A fight between Zoro and Jozu would be boring at this stage because of COA, it would have been better if Zoro didnt know COA and would have to struggle to win but now, nah Zoro would win pretty comfortably given Jozu's fighting style would play right into Zoro's hands

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem is, unlike when he faced Mr1 and struggled vs Jozu he wont as much since he has COA,
A fight between Zoro and Jozu would be boring at this stage because of COA, it would have been better if Zoro didnt know COA and would have to struggle to win but now, nah Zoro would win pretty comfortably given Jozu's fighting style would play right into Zoro's hands
Jozu also has CoA, how can u be sure Zoro's CoA is better? Your guessing

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Jozu also has CoA, how can u be sure Zoro's CoA is better? Your guessing
I see them being the same level and because Zoro's attack power is WAY greater while Jozu's defense is rendered close to useless it wont be a fair match up since everything is against Jozu, maybe if he also has weakening and can produce diamond and make weapons with it, it would be a bit more fair

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see them being the same level and because Zoro's attack power is WAY greater while Jozu's defense is rendered close to useless it wont be a fair match up since everything is against Jozu, maybe if he also has weakening and can produce diamond and make weapons with it, it would be a bit more fair
You can't prove Zoro's attack is WAY greater than Jozu's defense. Just stop lol

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
We already argued this topic with Jozu and swordsmen.
Since diamond is the hardest element apparently I am sure Jozu will come into play at some point and face a swordsman. It would be weird if OP ended and we never got to see how that battle would go.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Stuff like that I feel it be Zoro vs Burgess as he will take Jozu's fruit to work with his already tough body.

~Charging Lightning~

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jozu was the only person in the summit war to make Aokiji bleed and was able to deflect a Mihawk slash that was directed towards Whitebeard. Where is this notion that he's no match for Zoro coming from????

Dream battles:
Sabo vs Akainu
Sanji/Zoro vs Crocodile
Kizaru vs Ben Beckman
Sanji vs Ace
Zoro vs Vista
Rayleigh vs Garp

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Zoro vs. Mihawk
Zoro vs. Vista
Luffy vs. Blackbeard
Luffy vs. Whitebeard
Luffy vs. Dragon
Sanji vs. Sabo
Sanji vs. Kizaru
Luffy vs. Akainu
Franky vs. Vegapunk

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine are things we'll likely see. Luffy vs Blackbeard, it's going to happen. Zoro vs Shiliew (don't care to see him fight Mihawk anymore, they spent two years training, i don't see them having a real fight because of that). Sanji vs Kizaru (not sure who he'd fight in Blackbeards crew, but Kizaru would be fun since he has those long legs and kicks a lot). Maybe he could fight Pizarro or Burgess, but I'm not too interested in those matchups until we see something from Pizarro. Usopp vs Van Augre for sure. Devon vs Nami works so well too...Chopper vs Doc, Lafitte vs Brook...

...OK, obviously my list sucks, lol it's mostly just strawhats vs their obvious counterparts in Blackbeards crew. Blackbeards crew is almost to a person perfectly created to fight the Strawhats, so that's what I want to see.