dustpole attempts Editing #Random | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

dustpole attempts Editing #Random

shinwei

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is pretty darn good. How did you do it?

dustpole

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
I took a raw did these steps...
1. Changed mode to grayscale
2. Leveled it (Little too dark though)
3. Removed text and cleaned big dirt
4. Cleaned blacks
5. Redrew all area's I felt need it but the board on top
6. Replaced logo with of better quality and re-sized it so it looked right
7. Cleaned whites thoroughly.
8. Final look over and cleaning
9. Saved as png 8 with 32 or 16 colors can't remember which.

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm...

Ippo has got a lot of shades of grey, it's pretty crazy looking. If I were you I'm not too sure I would touch them from the raw. Actually doing them seems to be out of the question here.

KamFan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
It looks good, but there is something that seems a bit... strange about grey tones : There are stripes that are not as dark as the rest of the tones, and, well, that makes the whole page not looking homogeneous... Look, I've circled them.
Now, a good way to get rid of those would be the...damn I don't know how it's called in English. Whatever. This tool :

After using it... Tada.Looks a bit too dark now, tough. I could have chosen instead to lighten the rest of the night tone in the lower case. :noworry

Allashandra

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
KamFan said:
It looks good, but there is something that seems a bit... strange about grey tones : There are stripes that are not as dark as the rest of the tones, and, well, that makes the whole page not looking homogeneous...
Now, a good way to get rid of those would be the...damn I don't know how it's called in English. Whatever. This tool :

After using it... Looks a bit too dark now, tough. I could have chosen instead to lighten the rest of the night tone in the lower case. :noworry
That would be the burn tool. It is usually not recommended to use the burn tool since it tends to damage lines, and is far to easy to use to much of it. This does look complicated in the grays as Shinwei said. Though I imagine that using a partial pattern overlay in the areas that need darkening might work if you set the opacity just right. I would have to try it out see though.