Seinen Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki

eternalmetal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

Does anyone know if this is being actively scanlated in anyway? Aside from this torrent from volumes 1-12, I havent been able to find any other source.
 

ginrai

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
86
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

Does anyone know if this is being actively scanlated in anyway? Aside from this torrent from volumes 1-12, I havent been able to find any other source.
don't ask stupid-things like these you're just pissing off the Manga Editors and hence delay the progress!and you're question is already been answered in the thread!!!
 

eternalmetal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

Yea in May dumbass, which is hardly current if you ask me. And if just simply asking if something has been scanlated pisses off the Manga Editors, then there must be something wrong with them. Its not like im impatient and begging for them to hurry up, I was just curious if anyone was actively Editing. I dont see why anyone would have been offended by my question.

So may I ask again, is anyone currently Editing this? I would just like to know if anyone is continuing with it, or if everyone who did dropped it, etc. I think this walking on eggshells thing that you manga fans have with the Manga Editors is stupid. I mean, or course it would be annoying if you heard some kid beg for their weekly release of Naruto because it didnt come out on friday (and its saturday), but if a series hasnt been updated in a while and it was previously being worked on, I dont see the problem in asking for an update. If you dont like Editing, dont do it, I just dont want to see bitching everytime a Manga Editor is asked about a questionable release. Its like asking the waitress after an hour when the food is going to come out. Its common sense, give me a break.
 

Derrick3300

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

U right mister, I neither know if someone translate it anymore. But i found an link where u can read it to the end of volume 13.
http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/?preview=manga_Eden

Edit : Seems like the number of displayed volumes is random each day...
 
Last edited:

eternalmetal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

According to Baka-Updates (http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=930&stype=series), the last translation was by Manga Underground on 11/28/07. I guess it means that it is actively (well, not very active imo) being scanlated, but is probably not one of the group's primary concerns at the moment.

I would like to read this manga because it sounds really promising, but we all know that there is nothing more aggravating than an unfinished story (no offense to translators/Manga Editors atm). Maybe ill just read it up to that point anyways, it seems that people like it a lot as it is.
 

a_nevels666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

According to Baka-Updates (http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=930&stype=series), the last translation was by Manga Underground on 11/28/07. I guess it means that it is actively (well, not very active imo) being scanlated, but is probably not one of the group's primary concerns at the moment.

I would like to read this manga because it sounds really promising, but we all know that there is nothing more aggravating than an unfinished story (no offense to translators/Manga Editors atm). Maybe ill just read it up to that point anyways, it seems that people like it a lot as it is.
It's still actively being scanlated. Just go to manga underground's forum. They have updates about the current status.
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

this manga is best scifi ever I've read by so far.. so I hate Edited Manga doing as slow as hell!.. >_<

I gotta read raws... but that is hard to understand to japanese =//
 

PB|Ichigo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
211
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Eden, It's an Endless World

I#m quite lucky to be in Germany, cause the publisher here has released up to vol. 15, vol. 16 will also be released this year, it's really very nice to have quite the fast publishers here.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki (v18)

Does anyone know if Dark Horse is going to publish the last 6 volumes? I want to buy it, but I'm not going to if I can't complete the collection.
 

Nagashiwa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
100
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Re: Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki (v18)

Yup

new volume soon

Publication Date: August 31, 2011
Format: b&w, 224 pages, tpb, 5" x 7"
Price: $12.99
Age range: 18
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki (v18)

I just started reading this. It is really messed up. Good read though.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki (v18)

I just started reading this. It is really messed up. Good read though.
So tell me...what were your favourite parts of the manga...
For me amongst many things I loved Kenji's story from the beginning til the end...and I just love how Enoah was given spotlight in the end...

But the humor...and even more the sex-related humor...tha was fantastic...French style breakfast was hilarious:rofl
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki (v18)

So tell me...what were your favourite parts of the manga...
For me amongst many things I loved Kenji's story from the beginning til the end...and I just love how Enoah was given spotlight in the end...

But the humor...and even more the sex-related humor...tha was fantastic...French style breakfast was hilarious:rofl
My favorite parts were the down time/slice-of-life stuff. The character interactions during normal circumstances. Elijah's relationship with Helena and Arona. I think the down time is very important and it complements the intense action.

And continuing from what you were talking about in my rec thread:
Mana's death BLEW MY MIND! I genuinely felt sick when it happened. I felt dirty and scared. I don't know why, but I was really affected by that scene. When Elijah grabbed her hand and her head fell off....just wow. The children death in general was disturbing to me. When that Mexican boy's little sister got her head blown off by a sniper, I was pretty shocked too. And when the little girl was forced to walk through a mine field in Wycliffe's flashback.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki (v18)

The reason why Mana's death was unexpected is that I didn't think that the hero has any room for character development...and I think I was right....after her death, the focus shifted on his father, so in the end, as opposed to other tragic and gruesome deaths, Mana's death served no purpose, other than pure shock I guess...

I felt that it was a pointless death, something out of the blue, and I sort of admired the author who had the courage to kill her...because I think that by making me feel that the death was pointless he achieved his goal...because the main theme of the manga is the pointlessness of death...

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Mod question: do we have to use spoiler tags?
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Eden: It's an Endless World by Endo Hiroki (v18)

The reason why Mana's death was unexpected is that I didn't think that the hero has any room for character development...and I think I was right....after her death, the focus shifted on his father, so in the end, as opposed to other tragic and gruesome deaths, Mana's death served no purpose, other than pure shock I guess...

I felt that it was a pointless death, something out of the blue, and I sort of admired the author who had the courage to kill her...because I think that by making me feel that the death was pointless he achieved his goal...because the main theme of the manga is the pointlessness of death...

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Mod question: do we have to use spoiler tags?
I guess we don't have to use spoilers, though
Mana's death
is something I wouldn't want to accidentally hear about if I was a new reader checking out this thread for the first time.

Hmm.....I agree with you that death is pointless, especially murder, but Mana's death did impact the story and Elijah, so I wouldn't say her death was pointless in that sense or that it was just for shock value. Elijah's goal for most of the manga was to get his sister back, and when he finally thought he succeeded, he actually failed. People fail in real life. That's why I liked that death scene so much. The mangaka allowed for his protagonist to fail at being the hero.

Also, I don't really agree that Elijah had no development. He definitely had development throughout the course of the manga, and while his development after his sister's death may not have been profound, he definitely changed as a character. He was negatively affected by his sister's death and it caused him to turn into a heroin addict. Not a positive change, but still a change nonetheless. After that, with help, he was able to get over his addiction, and start a family.

On an unrelated note, I just bought volumes 1-13 of this manga and I am really happy to add it to my collection. Now I can only pray that Dark Horse will release the last 5 volumes so I can complete it.
 
Last edited:
Top