Shounen Enigma by Sakaki Kenji

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow...Aru's life sucked, but it's cool that he's so cheerful about it, and hopefully he'll be able to get his body back. On a random note, I thought they'd try to mask his gender a bit longer as a joke, but Aru was revealed to be male pretty quickly.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Sucks to be Aru :s As if one debilitating accident wasn't enough, he had to have 2, and the second before he'd even recovered from the first :darn Props to him for sacrificing his arm (even if it is just his Pit-kun body...) for everyone. It's cool that he seems to be able to control 2 separate parts of the suit at the same time.

I wonder if Aru is only able to use this power on Pit-kun, or if his power could be developed to allow him to take over/possess other items as well. That would really be cool if he could :D After all, if Sumio's powers can evolve, then logically speaking everyone else should be able to, too.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I agree, Sal. Who knows, maybe Aru might be immune to the Shadows by overriding their control. That just might be the key to save the others from the Shadows. Oh yeah, I've decided to post my one little gripe about this manga. The artwork. Sakaki-sensei's artwork is lacking in the fact that the movements of the characters are often too stiff and not smooth-flowing. But I think she's slowly improving, I guess Amano might be giving her tips.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I wonder if Aru will feel pain from cutting his arm like that? Maybe not because he does not seem to feel pain when the Pit-kun's head was removed.

I wonder if Aru is only able to use this power on Pit-kun, or if his power could be developed to allow him to take over/possess other items as well. That would really be cool if he could :D After all, if Sumio's powers can evolve, then logically speaking everyone else should be able to, too.
Interesting idea. It can work as his 'upgrade' later. :D

-----
Btw i really like Aru. He is so cute and likable. I think he is my favourite Enigma character atm. :D
I feel bad for the fanboys for saying this, but... i love how there are a lot of bishounens in Enigma right now. xD
Kurisu is grade A bishounen. i screamed when he showed up for the first time. Aru is really cute and Matsurugi and Sumio is not bad looking... *cough*

Of course, the main reason i like Enigma is the storyline. :amuse
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Actually it doesn't really matter if he loses an arm as pit-kun.He won't die from bleeding and when he finishes the test successfully,he'll get a healthy body as a reward,so it's not that big of a deal.I still wonder how he is going to get to this button,though.

I'm still somehow trying to get attached to Sumio.I never found him appealing at all and it did not change much during the test,so i hope to maybe see some more development.
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Chapter 21 was stunning.
Loving this manga so far =D
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Chapter 21 was stunning.
Loving this manga so far =D
Did you read the raw? :o
because i don't find chapter 21 english scan anywhere...
 

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Nope, I read an Spanish Edited Manga =P
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I was hoping Aru would be able to control the gears somewhat like how he's able to control Pit-kun's body, but it was not to be :s

Nonetheless, his sacrifice was indeed commendable.

I guess it will be Engima on the phone, and I wonder what he's going to say to them this time? Also, I wonder if the passwords are linked to each other in anyway. There is a date (Feb 29), a name (Kurisu Ryou), a relation (Classmate) and... Some kind of code (the Q-510 or whatever it was). I can see how the first three might link but the code is hard to see how it might link (if the passwords do even link).
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
obviously there is something behind the password. It would be interesting if the chairman tells those of the last E-test. I think we only know one which does not seem related at all to the current one.

Otherwise, another disapointing color spread. So far I have not seen one that I like, the color of this one are quite ugly to be honest.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I just read Enigma chapter 21 English scan

Holy shit, i almost cried reading this. I really hope Aru does not feel any pain! (TT__TT) The chapter is amazing, i really got scared when the gears are moving towards Sumio. No matter what the haters might say, Enigma really is a good manga!
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really enjoyed this chapter since it's now officially established Aru as my top character so far. It's interesting how he greatful he is to Sumio over something that seemed rather small at the time, but I guess that kept him from being traumatized.

I'm hoping that within the next couple of chapters we'll see Takemaru's talent. I'mm curious as ti what he's hiding...and whatever Shigeru's is, she probably doesn't know about it.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I just read chapter 23 of Enigma. It looks like it is Takemaru's turn to show his power; also, it looks like there is indirect connection between Aru and Takemaru.

Also, I suddenly begin to feel Enigma has similar atmosphere as Persona (videogame).
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
Also, I suddenly begin to feel Enigma has similar atmosphere as Persona (videogame).
i think so too, Pit-kun reminds me a lot of Teddy xD
Especially when
Kurisu (claimed to) wear the costume all along. His pretty face reminds me of Teddy's human form. :D

And Aru's real body really reminds me of Basil from Katekyo Hitman Reborn. It is not that i accuse Sakaki-sensei of plagiarism, i just feel amused with the similiarities. xD
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
i think so too, Pit-kun reminds me a lot of Teddy xD
For me, Aru reminds me Alphonse Elric (from Fullmetal Alchemist).
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I'd have to agree there. Beyond the similarities in name (Al = Aru), there's also their willingness to sacrifice for others, their optimistic and cheerful personalities, and of course... Their misfortune and being in a body that isn't exactly theirs :neutral

Well the new girl that has been introduced is pretty interesting. She has a great interest in the occult, but is that the only reason Enigma chose her? Could she also have some other kind of power? Either way I guess she'll come in useful in chapters to come. She's kinda creepy though. Like Kurisu and the "Kurisu Ryou" password, it's nice that there's an obvious link between her and the "classmate" password.

I wonder what made Takemaru so angry at the thought of Aru's form teacher. I guess Negative may be right that it's an indirect link between the two, but I think it must be something pretty deep-seated or Takemaru wouldn't want to go alone and wouldn't be so grumpy and edgy. We'll definitely be seeing his powers next. Wonder if it'll have anything to do with the teacher.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just read Chapter 22. Looks like Haiba's negotation with Enigma has backfired in a pretty unexpected way. I certainly wasn't expecting another person to get thrown into the game. The thing I'm wondering though, is if Enigma specifically brought him in for just that challenge, or to throw off Sumio's plan to get Kurisu out?

Things are gonna get pretty complicated I presume. One thing's for sure...it may still be awhile before the e-test arc ends.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I'm putting this in a spoiler tag because I can't remember what happened in ch 23 and what happened in ch 22, so I dunno if I might be spoiling things in responding :XD

I don't think the new character is involved in the e-test itself. She's not in the school with them, after all. She's like in an alternate universe of sorts. Or actually it might be more accurate to say that the people involved in the e-test ie Sumio, Aru, Kurisu etc are all in an alternate reality separate from the actual world that this classmate of Sumio and everyone else is in.

It would make sense, since Kurisu was trapped somewhere since the previous e-test, most likely this alternate reality. Likewise for Sumio's dad, I'm guessing.

That aside, I'm also wondering for what purpose Enigma got the classmate involved (even if she is not a participant).

And yeah, I don't think the e-test arc is going to end so soon either. Which is pretty interesting since Sakaki-sensei dived right into a fairly long arc from the beginning. Most other mangaka start out with shorter arcs first to test the waters...
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that this person is a boy...I think.

But anyway, I don't think this person is going to be trapped. Unless his talent really is cursing people, but that's...different.
 
Top