Shounen Enigma by Sakaki Kenji

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I haven't read chapter 23.
But there is one small thing that had been bugging me... why does Aru's homeroom teacher care about him so much? 0_0
It is said that he comes to visit Aru everyday with a worried look. I mean, even if Aru is his favourite student normally a teacher won't care that far.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Chapter 23 confirms that
the e-test takes place in a separate dimension.

It was kind of obvious before, but at least the characters are now aware of the predicament that they're in.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
That was an awesome chapter. We got a mysterious new character. I wonder if he is going to be the one to erase the password of the blackboard? Also, the "hand print phantom" has the same markings on it's hand that Enigma does. Interesting.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I'm pretty sure that this person is a boy...I think.

But anyway, I don't think this person is going to be trapped. Unless his talent really is cursing people, but that's...different.
A boy!? Seriously? :o With all his/her head garb and necklaces and what not I was so sure he/she was a girl... :shakefist But then again, his/her name is Suuki Kei. I guess Kei is more commonly used as a guy's name, though I've heard of girls called Kei too, albeit much rarer. I'll assume he is a guy from now on, too, then :XD

Cursing people would be an interesting talent. I mean, if he can have whatever he says (curses) come true, then the possibilities are just about limitless...

But like you, I don't think he's gonna get trapped. I think he will help them from the outside, but something will happen later. After all, he got involved with all this because of Enigma. Why would Enigma want to provide them with a helpline to the real world? Sooner or later the connection is going to get cut, I think, but maybe Suuki will continue to try and help from the outside (if he even can do anything...).
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just read Chapter 23.

There are still a lot of things I'm unsure of but with the reveal made this chapter I'm now 90% sure the characters are in the afterlife or the underworld, something of that nature. Remember in the last chapter Enigma said in his letter to Kei that you will recieve a call from a "deceased person". It could be that he's transported them to some sort of Spirit World.

In other news it looks like we'll get Takemaru's backstory soon. I'm interested in what his power is.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm more interested in Takemaru's connection with Aru's teacher. And I hope Aru's teacher doesn't turn out to be Enigma. That would be so out of left field. But he always seems to be popping up for some reason.
 

hai_Priesty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
786
Reaction score
1,943
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Of e21, one thing comes to mind about Aru's sense of pain -
If Pit-Aru says "ouch" when Haiba so much so as pinch him, getting shredded by the gears was supposed to be deathly painful. Aru was sort of fortunate there, because he Mascot head has already flown away from the body getting as it gets entangled and landed in front of Haiba.

Remembering Aru's recollection at e19 when Kurisu attacked him from back, it'll appear that his conciousness and feeling (including him) gets dumbed down the further the head gets away from his body.


I haven't read chapter 23.
But there is one small thing that had been bugging me... why does Aru's homeroom teacher care about him so much? 0_0
It is said that he comes to visit Aru everyday with a worried look. I mean, even if Aru is his favourite student normally a teacher won't care that far.
On other 2ch news (LOL), someone said there must be something going on between Aru's Mom and the teacher. :blink :tem :D Aw, how come we never seen Aru's own Dad visit him!? :eyeroll (Take my words with a pinch of salt..... ^_^; )



A boy!? Seriously? :o With all his/her head garb and necklaces and what not I was so sure he/she was a girl... :shakefist But then again, his/her name is Suuki Kei. I guess Kei is more commonly used as a guy's name, though I've heard of girls called Kei too, albeit much rarer. I'll assume he is a guy from now on, too, then :XD
Well, he is a boy, or at least 99% probability ^_^; , from the way he talk in Japanese.

Besides, this author has a named all male characters appearing so far with Katagana and all female characters with Hiragana. And the Kei has a Katagana name.

Cursing people would be an interesting talent. I mean, if he can have whatever he says (curses) come true, then the possibilities are just about limitless...
...
Why would Enigma want to provide them with a helpline to the real world? Sooner or later the connection is going to get cut, I think, but maybe Suuki will continue to try and help from the outside (if he even can do anything...).
I wonder if Enigma needs a problem solving person on top of a bunch of super power tennagers to do his bidding. Occult maniacs are not that rare compared to superpower teenagers, and quite substitutable (any curious Occult-Maniac can investigate but Haiba-tachi's are all Unique Powers) so Enigma perhaps just invited one without coersion.

On the other hand, if his curses are for real, Kei may have some "potential" that later evolve to become full-blown powers that Enigma would want to coerce in later part of story....


Just read Chapter 23.

In other news it looks like we'll get Takemaru's backstory soon. I'm interested in what his power is.
I'm also curious to what Takemaru thought about his mostly-likely-present power. I've long suspected he actually has no knowledge of his own power from chapter 4, otherwise he couldn't have called Moto a freak after he was told of Moto's "disappearing" power. .......Or, Takemaru have a slight idea of himself being "something wrong", but lived in total denial.



I'm more interested in Takemaru's connection with Aru's teacher. And I hope Aru's teacher doesn't turn out to be Enigma. That would be so out of left field. But he always seems to be popping up for some reason.
My wild take is that he's on the side Enigma's against. And even if not, him being a saintly, caring teacher is just a false front. And an innocent boy like Aru could never suspect people who encouraged him.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
On other 2ch news (LOL), someone said there must be something going on between Aru's Mom and the teacher. :blink :tem :D Aw, how come we never seen Aru's own Dad visit him!? :eyeroll (Take my words with a pinch of salt..... ^_^; )
My thoughts exactly throughout his entire appearance in that chapter. There's something not right with that guy.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
On other 2ch news (LOL), someone said there must be something going on between Aru's Mom and the teacher. :blink :tem :D Aw, how come we never seen Aru's own Dad visit him!? :eyeroll (Take my words with a pinch of salt..... ^_^; )
Well, that is FAR less mind breaking than this one crack theory: Aru's teacher has a romantic feeling for Aru, that's why he cares so much ^^;;;;;;;;;;

Don't take this seriously.
---------
Well jokes aside, there is a possibility that Aru's teacher might be related to the e-test somehow. Or at least he will be important later.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that there might be an affair between the two. Whatever the case, Aru's teacher is suspicious. I'm curious to know what his connection to Takemaru is.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Yay~

I think Takemaru's ability is going to have to do with hearing, since it seems like his ear is bleeding... It might be a useful skill to have when they're in a dark maze.
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
For a long time I thought Takemaru was Enigma. His demeanor and shady character was suspicious to me, always wearing that jacket and hood (though he might be hiding his crazy hair) and keeping those hands in bandages. Enigma has those markings on his hands but information about his identity is still unknown. Now Takemaru is opening up and speaking more and eventually revealing his powers I'm not going to suspect him anymore of being the bad guy.
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Wow. This recent game is pretty terrifying. I think it's even more terrifying than the glass stairs and the shredding machine.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I love this manga. That infinite corridor is freaky. My brain would melt trying to figure a way out. It seems Takemura will be the star of this test. The way he talks may be a clue to his yet to be discovered power. He said that "he wouldn't allow this kind of irrationality". IIRC, he mentioned how he hated irrationality in the last chapter. The "twisted" corridor is something that could be considered irrational. Maybe his power will be to magically make sense of things that don't make sense. He could "untwist" the corridor or something. Whatever it is, it is very intriguing. I can't wait for more.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
just read the all 25 chapters of enigma and it was great!!! i will definitely keep following it weekly :)

about this test i think we are going to get to know takemaru abilitie and that his abilitie is going to be extremely important, withouth it they have zero chance of passing this challenge!!!!
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well since it seems the enigms are made in function of the abilities that is quite obvious. Like the shoes we just see will probably be important too. What is interesting is that for the first time the character doesn't know he has one. Which means that enigma is also able to detect it before the owner himself. That's what surprised me the most in the recent chapters
 
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
In page 18, it looks like Takemaru is bleeding even more. It doesn't look like its coming from his ear this time, though, more like the back of his head or something.

I thought that was interesting, too, k-dom. Enigma seems to be some sort of omnipotent being that knows all their powers already - it's almost like all this is some sort of game to him.

Since the only person who made it through the labyrinth was a "big man", maybe Akiyama is right about Takemaru actually being Enigma himself! :omg Though I also really like Matt's theory about how Takemaru might be able to rationalize things and thus "untwist" the corridor. That would be a pretty useful skill to have, though as of now I don't see how it might link to the reason why he is bleeding.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Well since it seems the enigms are made in function of the abilities that is quite obvious. Like the shoes we just see will probably be important too. What is interesting is that for the first time the character doesn't know he has one. Which means that enigma is also able to detect it before the owner himself. That's what surprised me the most in the recent chapter
Shigeru doesnt also know that she has an abilitie right?

Enigma didnt suprise me , since the beggining that he seems like god ,cuz he seems to know everything :blink

he must be some guy with a super amazing abilitie, that can sense if a person as abilities or not ,and even know what are those abilties and what is the potencial of each abilitie! and he also can create different worlds :s, what cant enigma do????
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
That's what she said but I would really be surprised if it was used twice. It seems that her ability will be revealed only at the end but so far nobody has revealed his ability before he was forced to. And also I found it ok for Takemaru not revealing it given his character also I was surprised that he it was because he didn't knew about it.
And I agree with saladesu the bleeding is a sign of the awakening and so far it makes it really mysterious
 
Top