Negative Syndicate
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / BeginnerI mean chapter 55.
Given the spoilers, I'd say potentially. I'd have to read this coming chapter to be sure.I mean chapter 55.
That's perfect scenario.Ehehe... I bet Sakaki's trolling us making the ending look like it's coming soon and it turns out it was just the end of Act 2 and she moves onto Act 3 going on about how students are going corrupt with their talents, abusing them and enemies after the skull. >: )
So far, it is heading for nothing.Yeah. If Act 1 was building on their talents, then surely, we must see more of them. Otherwise, all that development would've been for nothing.
Exactly, and that's one of the many things that makes this particular manga series rather eccentric. However, it can't stay this way much longer.So far, it is heading for nothing.
You're welcome. It's been my pleasure.Ahh~ Amazing job, FOMA! Thanks for the translation. So, Enigma itself is created from other peoples skulls it seems. Hope the RAW's for Chapter 54 come out soon considering I really don't want the series to end yet, but unfortunately it seems like it's going to without Sakaki getting to go into a whole bunch of things including: The shadows cure, the others who went to the festival and talents overall. I guess it would've been better if she post-poned the Gaikotsu Island Act and put in another act that could be flexible enough to get ratings up. >< My questsion now is, does it even have the chance or is it certain cancellation? Does anyone know the rough estimate of how many weeks an Mangaka gets as a cancellation notice?
Mangaka usually get four to five weeks to finish the story.My questsion now is, does it even have the chance or is it certain cancellation? Does anyone know the rough estimate of how many weeks an Mangaka gets as a cancellation notice?
Even there is popularity poll, it doesn't mean it's safe. Mieru Hito, P2, and Samurai Usagi also announced popularity poll, but these three are still got axed; the results are released in its final volume. So, the popularity poll doesn't protect Enigma from being cancelled.Looks like there is at least 10 chapters gap between voting start and results published. I can't remember, where I saw this, but the voting is usually open for 2-3 weeks. If that's true, then it had ended about two weeks ago, but they still have to count votes and Sakaki-san has to draw a color spread, which won't published immediately. So, if that's +10 chapters, can it mean that we'll see at least 59th chapter of Enigma? And can SJ staff end Enigma with that very chapter? Latter seems very unlikely to me, though everything is possible. What do you think?
I also checked Psyren tankoubon sales before the cancellation. It was sold ~40k copies in first week (like Enigma) and 20k in second week. Hard to say, how well Enigma 5 was sold in it's second week as 30th place in latest ranking had 48,621 copies, it was impossible for 5th volume to make it into the top 30.
So, considering the sales, Engima has quite a favourable position. Though I must admit, that Psyren was doing better in ToC at the same time.
For this year, I don't think the new series going to start on December/late November, I think it might come early/middle November. The reason I'm saying is it looks like there is high possibility that Murata will return in Shonen Jump (or it can be Young Jump). Murata said his new work has confirmed to be serialized on about two weeks ago (plus, he also said he finished working on chapter 2 on few days after), which means Sakaki should also receive notice to finish the series within 4 to 5 chapters. Since it already passed two weeks, I think it is not weird that Sakaki might end her on first week of November, and new series might going to start at same time or after Enigma cancelled.The reason I'm still saying if is because if the indeed next cancellation is early December/late November - going by next year - which of course isn't very reliable, would mean that there's roughly ~3-7 weeks left for either Enigma or STARS to be canceled. That of course means, it's possible for them to throw a last ditch effort to see the final victor. 3-7 weeks is enough for any series to get an "ending" of some sort. Also, going by the latter scale, there's still 2-4 weeks before a mangaka would get the announcement for cancellation. Now of course, this arc has had a fast pace and seems to be done so, so Sakaki could fit everything in it. Now, I'm certain that even if Sakaki DIDN'T get a cancellation message, she would still be at this point in her story.
Unfortunately, we're all speculating the ending because of Enigma's position in the ToC, but if it was in the middle of the ToC and at this part in the story, I don't think many would assume it's going to be ending. So yeah, what I mean is, I think Sakaki was intending to put herself in the position of being canceled to do things well. Comparing it to STARS, some people are saying the time skip is putting himself in the position if he's getting canceled too. Now, one must remember that one doesn't have to "look" like it's ending to end. Heck, STARS could end with the main characters about to board the spaceship with excitement or something. Just like Enigma could end as Sumio arrives at the well or something. I mean, just look at SWOT or Lock On's endings, the arcs didn't really look like an ending would occur if a person didn't know about the ToC's and it ends up having an arc wrap up the series in three chapters, which could happen for STARS.
Why I think the cancellation message hasn't happened yet is because there are 3 new manga, Kurogane, STARS and Kagami with the latter two dropping from the top quite a bit and probably would cushion in for Enigma which sells fairly well (making 19th in Oricon) and it'd be pointless to kick out Enigma if they'd later just cushion for it. Although to be fair, I really, really don't want Enigma to end with the manga I really enjoy getting the short-end of the stick. This being Cage of Eden having a slow Edited Manga group by a lot and Enigma being on cancellation row.
Of course! I just wanted to show, that Enigma can probably live till 59th chapter, not 56-57. I'll check series you mentioned to see, which chapter they had voting results published.Even there is popularity poll, it doesn't mean it's safe.
Nah, I don't think it not going to even last til 59 chapters. When the series ended, there is still few more months to release to release its final volume, and that will be plenty of time to sort all of votes. I think Enigma will probabaly end within 56 chaptes.Of course! I just wanted to show, that Enigma can probably live till 59th chapter, not 56-57. I'll check series you mentioned to see, which chapter they had voting results published.
Hmm, if ch 55 is final, wouldn't we already know about it? Isn't series cancellation announced in magazine a week before (i.e. in #46) or I'm missing something?Nah, I don't think it not going to even last til 59 chapters. When the series ended, there is still few more months to release to release its final volume, and that will be plenty of time to sort all of votes. I think Enigma will probabaly end within 56 chaptes.
---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------
Based on chapter 54, I can see that Sakaki tries to explain all of the mysteries that have remain in Enigma. Therefore, I can pretty much tell that it is not weird if Enigma going to end on next chapter.
Announcement for cancellation never announces in magazine, they just end. Why do you think the magazine going to announce which series going to cancel?Hmm, if ch 55 is final, wouldn't we already know about it? Isn't series cancellation announced in magazine a week before (i.e. in #46) or I'm missing something?
Ooops, false memories again, I was sure I saw a cancellation announcements a week ahead.Announcement for cancellation never announces in magazine, they just end. Why do you think the magazine going to announce which series going to cancel?
Many axed manga use the author's one shots to fill the volume. Therefore, I think Sakaki's two previous one shots will most likely be included on upcoming two volumes. Or it can expand volume 6, like Stone Ocean.Ooops, false memories again, I was sure I saw a cancellation announcements a week ahead.
But with 55 chapters in total it leaves just 3 chapters for vol.7 - too little, don't you think? And too much to fit in vol.6 (vol. 5 has the same 200 pages as previous ones, so it should end with ch. 43, and vol. 6 - with ch. 52). Unless Sakaki Kenji has a lot of filling material, there has to be more chapters. Could two oneshots replace 6 chapters needed? If we only knew for sure, how long they were.