TV Entourage

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Entourage is an American comedy-drama television series that premiered on HBO on July 18, 2004. The series was created by Doug Ellin and chronicles the rise of Vincent Chase, a young A-list film star, and his childhood friends from Queens, New York City, as they navigate the unfamiliar terrain of Hollywood, California. The show completed its sixth season and is renewed for a seventh.

Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson serve as the show's co-executive producers, and the show's premise is loosely based on Wahlberg's experiences as an up-and-coming film star. The series deals with themes of male friendship and wild life in Hollywood. In accordance with this, numerous celebrities have guest-starred on the show.






Entourage revolves around Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier). His best friend and manager is Eric Murphy (Kevin Connolly). "E", as his friends call him, is based on Mark Wahlberg's friend and executive producer Eric Weinstein.
He's also been reported to be inspired by Stephen Levinson, Mark Wahlberg's manager.
Vincent's older brother Johnny "Drama" Chase (Kevin Dillon), is also Vince's personal chef and trainer and bodyguard. Johnny is a D-list actor who was in the fictional show Viking Quest during his younger days. His role in the new fictional hit show Five Towns has begun to resurrect his fame and career. This character is based on Johnny "Drama" Alves (cousin of Mark Wahlberg), whom Donnie Wahlberg had hired to keep his younger brother out of trouble.

Rounding out the entourage of friends is Salvatore, known as "Turtle" (Jerry Ferrara), who is another of Vince's old friends from childhood. Turtle's official role is as Vince's driver and assistant, though his value as such is often brought into question. This character is based on Mark Wahlberg's former "gofer" Donnie Carroll aka "Donkey". Carroll auditioned for the role, but the Boston-native was turned down when it was decided the actors would have to be New Yorkers. Carroll died on December 18, 2005 after an asthma attack.

Ari Gold (Jeremy Piven) is Vince's abrasive but lovable agent. The role has led to several nominations and Emmy Awards for Piven. Ari is based on Wahlberg's real-life agent Ari Emanuel.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
New Season 7 Spoilers:

Adult film actress Sasha Grey, who has appeared in several X-rated DVD spoofs of hit TV shows (Seinfeld: A XXX Parody, Not Bewitched, This Ain’t Star Trek and Sasha Grey’s Anatomy) will try the real deal when she stars as herself in a multi-episode arc on the upcoming seventh season of HBO’s Entourage. And this is by no means a small cameo, but a major role as the new long-term girlfriend of Adrian Grenier’s Vince Chase.

“I think Sasha’s going to have a very successful transition,” says Entourage creator Doug Ellin, who was impressed by the performer's leading role in Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh’s 2009 film, "The Girlfriend Experience."

This is one of the few times that an established TV show has taken a chance on hiring an adult film actor since 1995, when the original Melrose Place made waves by hiring XXX vet Traci Lords for a recurring role. “Sasha’s the biggest porn star in the world right now, and when Soderbergh casts her as the lead of his movie, I take notice,” Ellin explains a casting decision that was met with unanimous approval by his male cast. “I wouldn’t have done this storyline if Sasha passed. Luckily she was okay with doing it.”

Inspired by Charlie Sheen’s relationship with porn actress Ginger Lynn in the late 90’s at the height of his film career, Ellin believes Sasha’s got all it takes to play the perfect girl for movie star Vince Chase. “You can’t believe she’s a porn star when you meet her,” he says of Sasha, who will meet Vince in a bar in the new season’s fifth episode and stick around for the remainder of the season - possibly returning next year for the show’s eighth and final season. “I think they’re going to have a very interesting relationship.“

Source: TV Guide Magazine
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh. My. God.

Season seven is going to be legendary.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
THIS SUNDAY ALREADY? I wasn't expecting it until late this summer. Oh how awesome :shakefist

Thank you for poking me about it!!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Blai did you watch the new episode? it's back baby!!! Ari is back to his best and Dania Ramirez is as hot as always. If you haven't then get on it and let me know what you think asap!!!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Blai-kun, you need to hurry up and watch the new season; it's awesome. I just finished catching up tonight. Let me know when you, then we can talk about it :)
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Just making a post here so I'll remember this thread exists. Been watching Entourage this summer, bought the first three seasons and.. "totally didn't download" the rest. :eyeroll

Just about to watch the first episode of Season 5 as we speak, so I'll probably be back in this thread in like a week or so when I've caught up with the latest. :amuse (maybe a bit longer, since I'm re-watching Deadwood and also watching Dexter and a lot of anime shows at the same time).

For now, I guess I'll pose this question: Entourage is a show with tons of different, great characters. Who's your favorite, and why? I know it might not be a shocker, but for me it's either Ari or Drama.

From the very start it was Ari, because he's, well, Ari. His character is just pure entertainment from the moment he comes on the screen to when it cuts to the next scene. Even though he's almost constantly an a-hole, he's a witty and lovable a-hole (at least to watch). Jeremy Piven's acting is just golden (and I believe he did win a Golden Globe for it, right?).

Drama is comedic gold as well. He just takes himself so seriously even though he's kind of a failure. But the fact that he thinks of himself as such an awesome guy even though he isn’t... well, it makes him awesome. I know, contradictory, but you get my point. Not to mention his one-liners and jokes are probably the best in the series and his and Turtle’s constant chick-hunting are always an entertaining form of sub-plot to Vince and E’s business events and whatnot.

For third place... probably Lloyd. I think what makes him so enjoyable is that he counteracts Ari so well. His character is so believable without becoming stereotypical, and his little remarks on Ari's behaviour are always hilarious. I don't know if Rex Lee is homosexual in real life, but if he isn't, he's just as good at acting like so as Neil Patrick Harris is at acting as a hetero lady's man. In any case, Lloyd is an awesome character who really adds to the mixture of different characters in the show. :tem

So yeah, who's your favorite/s?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Entourage has been on a hot-streak this season. I find myself being truly excited about every episode. I just finished watching Ep. 8 and it was amazing. Ari and Vince's problems and lives are really complicated, and although they're suffering I find myself laughing throughout the episodes because of the scenes where Ape-Drama spits his comments, he's just priceless. E's taking the big seat too with his recent bossy style, I just love it.

Ari is gold. That's got to be the best statement regarding him ever. To me he's the star of the show. The others are interesting, but as of now I'm more interested in Ari's situation and problems than I am about Vince's. Jeremy Piven is simply put an amazing actor.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
So, season is over, another one to come in 2011 and I'm really concerned about two things

1. Will Ari get his wife back (probably not)
2. Will the whiny sissy-ass newly addict Vince get his act together. I've never liked him but this season he was just an irritating, whiny bitch!
 

wilsontom

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Entourage Season 7 has been over. I have seen the complete series. All episodes of this show were mind blowing. Now, I'm re-watching this series from its season 1st.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
So, what is everyone expecting for the up-coming season?

I really hope and expect Vince to get his act together. I never liked the dude, always so irritating, but after becoming the drug-addict he is today. They should just kill him off the show, but then again, he is the main topic of the show. :oh

I was so fucking happy when Marshall punched him on the last season final. :zomg

Stuff like that should happen more often, you know, getting Vince beat up, or an accident or something.That would be great!

And althought I don't care much for their relationship, it would be great if Ari and his wife come back together.

And since the season is only getting eight episodes (or did they change that?) I really hope they pull out all the fucking great guns they can afford, hell, go bankrupt on the last season, I don't care, it should turn out fucking amazing!

And is the movie project still good? Because a movie would be nice, but I wouldn't know what they would do for a synopsis.. :oh
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Organizized used MAX REVIVE!

With some spoiler-ish for those who haven't seen anything of season 8 yet, but if you haven't, I suppose you dropped the show completely (like I almost did).

What do you guys think of the season so far? I gotta say, they saved it for me by cleaning up Vince right away. Now he's just a moderately annoying character with a bad actor again, which is a lot better than season 7... Well, it's not back to its glory days quality, but it seems they might be able to wrap it up without everyone's last opinion being they hate it.

Ari's marriage problems does reduce his comedic screen time, though. That's never good, but it'd seem cheap to let his problems be resolved just like that I guess... I mean, it's fine that they did it for Vince because it was either that or killing him to make me keep watching... Anyway, Drama is the highlight of the season so far.

5 episodes down, let's just hope they tie it up okay. And that the movies are of the early seasons quality.
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I dropped it completely mid season seven as the show, compared to early seasons, turned out horrible.

I don't know why so many comedy shows take the drama road when it's the comedic value that suffers and at the same time it's the comedic value that built the fan-base in the first place.

Only thing that'd get me back is if Vince shapes the fuck up, so tell me Orgz...... did he? :wtf
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well, like I said... Season 8 jumping directly to him being clean or being killed off were the only two options for me to keep watching, and they did. Not kill him, but the second best thing. He's still a bland whiner like always, but he's not the addict you wanted to shoot in the head with a sawed off shotgun every episode anymore, at least.

It's nowhere near on par with the earlier seasons, but they've done their best to right the biggest wrong (Vince) that season 7 had... Don't expect it to turn away from the "more drama, less comedy"-path though, especially since even Ari's life is too dramatic to bring out his comedic A game..

I guess you could say that, in my opinion, this season is watchable for those who don't want to have watched 7 seasons without getting to see how it ends. It's endurable, but I'm glad it's the last one.

Adrian Grenier is still a terrible actor, though. But Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Piven are still awesome.
 
Top