Discussion - Escanor | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

julymarte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
it felt weird but it wasn't that tragic ,i already got used to it... knowing nakaba it could have been much worst...

julymarte

Reaction score
Country
Italy
or green like deldrey-

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
His hair colour is terrible. Terrible I say! I can't even imagine his old man form (which I'm starting to think we won't get), having orange hair.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, to be fair dayscanor is supposed to look horrible. He even has that mustache. I am looking forward to him meeting merlin and her obliterating the mustache with a spell.

Incognitop

Reaction score
Country
United States
His hair colour is terrible. Terrible I say! I can't even imagine his old man form (which I'm starting to think we won't get), having orange hair.
i'm beginning to think that his old man form is a secret that can only be accessed under a certain condition or circumstance
like he himself isn't even aware of it yet i'm guessing.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
i'm beginning to think that his old man form is a secret that can only be accessed under a certain condition or circumstance
like he himself isn't even aware of it yet i'm guessing.
I thought it was pretty clear that Nakaba retconned that, he doesn't have an old man's form. Perhaps the old man in the poster is someone else.Since Denzel is out that leaves the demon king.:hmm
Would be fitting since Mel's has Estarossa on it.

Incognitop

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought it was pretty clear that Nakaba retconned that, he doesn't have an old man's form. Perhaps the old man in the poster is someone else.Since Denzel is out that leaves the demon king.:hmm
Would be fitting since Mel's has Estarossa on it.
it doesn't really feel like a retcon because even to the chapters leading up to the reveal, he still used the same wanted poster whenever he was mentioned.

but i have to agree with the second part. Ban, Merlin, and Diane's wanted posters were fairy accurate, Gowther and King's posters being wrong had plausible explanations. That just leaves Mel and Escanor. If Estarossa had never been revealed, people might have stopped caring or just started to think the artist of the poster was just doing opium that day, but we're left a connection.

Now if Escanor's wanted poster has a connection to someone, what is it? If it is the demon king, how is that significant? How are they connected?
only way these questions will be answered is like 50-100 chapters from now lol.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
it doesn't really feel like a retcon because even to the chapters leading up to the reveal, he still used the same wanted poster whenever he was mentioned.

but i have to agree with the second part. Ban, Merlin, and Diane's wanted posters were fairy accurate, Gowther and King's posters being wrong had plausible explanations. That just leaves Mel and Escanor. If Estarossa had never been revealed, people might have stopped caring or just started to think the artist of the poster was just doing opium that day, but we're left a connection.

Now if Escanor's wanted poster has a connection to someone, what is it? If it is the demon king, how is that significant? How are they connected?
only way these questions will be answered is like 50-100 chapters from now lol.
It's not just the poster, Nakaba used that appearance before he revealed Escanor in the Vampires of Edinburgh, and we know that he didn't look like that. The only hope there was to see him in that appearance was actually after when he was reintroduced, and even then it didn't make sense. Unless the old man form is Escanor at his peak, which I really doubt I really can't see how it can be relevant.
Oh and I believe Gowther's poster could actually be accurate, it's quite possible his original demon form was like that.Now that we know what he is Nakaba could reuse it.

Last edited:

julymarte

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Or maybe its the only different cause they genuinely had no idea on how he'd look by then since he's the only normal aging person there..also there's an hairstyle thing...if you notice the escanor sketch at the end of the vampires of edinburgh part 1 chapter yo'll notice it was moe similar to the wantedposter so maybe that change of sppearence could be a relatively recent choice

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Or maybe its the only different cause they genuinely had no idea on how he'd look by then since he's the only normal aging person there..also there's an hairstyle thing...if you notice the escanor sketch at the end of the vampires of edinburgh part 1 chapter yo'll notice it was moe similar to the wantedposter so maybe that change of sppearence could be a relatively recent choice
He's 40 something, the guy who is on the poster looks like he's 60 and above. So no I don't think they predicted what he looks like.I believe Escanor's peak is close to what we saw in the final part of the special chapter, he became extremely muscular, not to mention that he went berserk and blew the whole place. That's why he asked Ban not to follow him, because during his peak he can't restrain himself.

Sylphe

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
I believe Gowther's poster could actually be accurate, it's quite possible his original demon form was like that.Now that we know what he is Nakaba could reuse it.

Huum, isn't Gowther's poster just him in his armor ?^^" since no one even his fellow Sins(except Merlin) has ever seen his face ? I thought it was quite clear no ?
So no, i don't think his poster represents him in his original form unless Merlin designed that armor to ressemble his previous appearence !

As for Escanor, i think that there is a high possiblity that he has an old man form !

What makes believe that is this page where Nakaba displays all the Sins : http://mangafox.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/v13/c103/12.html
We can clearly see an old Escanor in the top of the page, and he looks exactly like he's portrayed in the Wanted Poster ! so unless Nakaba is purposely misleading us, Escanor must have an old form !

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Huum, isn't Gowther's poster just him in his armor ?^^" since no one even his fellow Sins(except Merlin) has ever seen his face ? I thought it was quite clear no ?
So no, i don't think his poster represents him in his original form unless Merlin designed that armor to ressemble his previous appearence !

As for Escanor, i think that there is a high possiblity that he has an old man form !

What makes believe that is this page where Nakaba displays all the Sins : http://mangafox.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/v13/c103/12.html
We can clearly see an old Escanor in the top of the page, and he looks exactly like he's portrayed in the Wanted Poster ! so unless Nakaba is purposely misleading us, Escanor must have an old form !
Yeah pretty much that. He wouldn't be the only demon with an armor design, look at Galan. And in Nakaba's original idea Gowther was a giant iirc.
Also let's not forget that Fraudrin didn't recognize him immediately, which leads me to believe that his appearance changed from when he was a commandment.
...I already explained that bit, it could be Nakaba misleading us back then. The fact is we saw his two forms and we know how his power works, and it doesn't look like he ages between the two forms, Janko refers to both forms as "old man". Again the Japanese call middle aged men that, he's nowhere near being old.
But whatever.:cookiehand

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The old man in escanor's poster like likely someone else that will be relevant in the future. In the same way mel's poster showed estarosa.

Sylphe

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Yeah pretty much that. He wouldn't be the only demon with an armor design, look at Galan. And in Nakaba's original idea Gowther was a giant iirc.
Also let's not forget that Fraudrin didn't recognize him immediately, which leads me to believe that his appearance changed from when he was a commandment.
But if his armor design look like his original form, isn't it a bit odd that Fraudrin didn't recognize him as a commandment only until recently ? and would that imply that Merlin know how all the commandments look ? ( or at least some of them )
Personnaly, i think it's farfetched that Merlin would know how the 10C looked while not knowing their powers and decree, also she seemed quite ignorant about the Albions !
I may be wrong, but i highly doubt that Gowther's orginal form look like a big armored demon a la Galan style !

For Escanor, yeah as i said, there is a possiblity of Nakaba misleading as, but there is also a possibility he isn't. his Wanted Poster and that page i posted may prove to be not mere coincidence and also that Escanor is a lot more mysterious than we first thought ! We didn't see how he looked while in his peak ! Yep, as some supposed, it can mean that he's so powerful in his peak that he can't control his powers but it can be more to it !
We saw that the Wanted Posters of the Sins were all pretty accurate except for Meliodas and Escanor, but even so, for the case of Meliodas there is a connection to him ( his WP portrayed Estarossa who is Mel's borther and how he would look if he had aged).. then Escanor's WP must also have some sort of connection to him ! at least, that's what i firmly believe !

Last edited:

julymarte

Reaction score
Country
Italy
i meant that btw http://i.imgur.com/yBM2Xqv.jpg here we can see that in the rough sketch of the edinburg special he was supposed to have his hairstyle much closer to the one he was supposed to have in the poster... i'm not sure about the fact that the poster might be someone else or not but... it would be stupid to make a a poster of his noon appearence or so caiuse we clearly have seen that he doesn't grow in age during the day he justgets bugger, and yeah right we have no idea of how he looks like at noon so why would they know it? he even sleeps during most of the day... i don'0t know... it might not be as relevant as it might seem in my opinion... i guess meliodas' poster is a whole different deal

SpectrumRay16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I
The old man in escanor's poster like likely someone else that will be relevant in the future. In the same way mel's poster showed estarosa.
Is it possible that Escanor used to have that hairstyle/looked like that? As in before he joined, but, then Merlin was like "Nope, cutting your hair and shaving you! and that is why he looks different?
If you look at the Sketch that julymarte posted he doesn't have a moustache or any facial hair, so could it have been that this hairstyle was meant to be his, or he used to have it in the main plot before Nakaba changed his mind? I mean... this hairstyle became Matrona's hairstyle if i'm not mistaken, so at least it didn't go to waste :D
It just makes you wonder... what if Escanor's hair actually looked like that at some point?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think the issue here is that just like any author, Suzuki changes his mind. That pic is likely just a concept, based on Escanor's supposed appearance in the poster...
Even if he did have long hair before he joined the sins I don't see how it can be relevant. The man in the poster is just too old, so they're not the same person.

SpectrumRay16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the issue here is that just like any author, Suzuki changes his mind. That pic is likely just a concept, based on Escanor's supposed appearance in the poster...
Even if he did have long hair before he joined the sins I don't see how it can be relevant. The man in the poster is just too old, so they're not the same person.
True, Nakaba changed a lot of designs since chapter 1. The sins general appearance (Gowther + Escanor), the weapons the sins use (Ban + Escanor), Diane's face (use to look more mature, but she was changed to becoming more childish as time progressed, the page where the shooting stars fly through the sky... that is probably the best showcase because you see Hendy, Dreyfus, Hauser and Griamore... but, their designs were later changed.
Overall, his design should not be that relevant anyway... i still think something is going to happen to his stache though... it will be cut off eventually and then we will get to see Escanor's face look really young for a 40 year old human for some reason!