Discussion Evaluating Wano fights

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For all the match up that actually has a winner, at what difficulty did the winner win at?
Some should have general consensus (I am using those as the baseline to see how individual answers are so off from the norm if they are).
For a second scenario, both sides are fought at full health. Would any of the answers change? I wouldn't think so. Zoro had his side battles just as King does.
But if your answers are actually different, I would love to know.

Kaido vs the Red scabbards
Jinbe vs Who's Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Robin vs Black Maria
Killer vs Hawkins
Perospero vs Wanda/Carrot
Nekomamushi vs Perospero
Inuarashi vs Jack
Sanji vs Queen
Zoro vs King
Law/Kid vs Big Mom
 
Last edited:

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
For me, Kaido/Scabbards and Jinbe's fights were really easy. They clearly weren't pushed to the limit no matter how you spin it around.

Neko/Inu fights seemed ok too and I think if they were at full health and with Sulong, they would've wiped out Perospero and Jack.

Zoro and Sanji fights were certainly their most difficult fights since the timeskip and they clearly struggled. Now, Zoro wouldn't be almost half dead after the fight if he didn't take the drug, but he would've struggled nonetheless.
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For me, Kaido/Scabbards and Jinbe's fights were really easy. They clearly weren't pushed to the limit no matter how you spin it around.

Neko/Inu fights seemed ok too and I think if they were at full health and with Sulong, they would've wiped out Perospero and Jack.

Zoro and Sanji fights were certainly their most difficult fights since the timeskip and they clearly struggled. Now, Zoro wouldn't be almost half dead after the fight if he didn't take the drug, but he would've struggled nonetheless.
I was thinking about putting a label of extreme, high, mid, low dif. But meh, too specific like that may turned people off.
But from your response, I would ask. How would Neko vs Pero goes without sulong? Is Jinbe closer to the All-Star or closer to Who's Who if you think he mid-dif Who's who. If Zoro vs Mr 1 is probably the highest level Zoro ever struggle. How is it compare to Sanji and Zoro's wano fights.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,714
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I was thinking about putting a label of extreme, high, mid, low dif. But meh, too specific like that may turned people off.
But from your response, I would ask. How would Neko vs Pero goes without sulong? Is Jinbe closer to the All-Star or closer to Who's Who if you think he mid-dif Who's who. If Zoro vs Mr 1 is probably the highest level Zoro ever struggle. How is it compare to Sanji and Zoro's wano fights.
  • Neko and Pero without Sulong... Difficult to say, but I reckon Neko would win with difficulty. He did face Perospero after taking a beating from Kaido, so he wasn't really fresh. And while Perospero faced Neko after facing two Sulongs, that's still not comparable. Neko would win, but with some great difficulty for sure.
  • I feel Jinbe is as strong if not slightly stronger than Jack. Who's Who was nowhere near Jinbe. I mean if Jinbe's Haki was strong to make Who's Who shigan that is inbued with Haki irrelevant + the fact that Jinbe was fighting on land + having to deal with Who's Who minions, then to me Jinbe was clearly outclassing him.
  • I still think Zoro vs Mr 1 is Zoro's most difficult fight and challenge. The fight with King was slightly different, in the sense that he had to figure out his trick. I am fairly sure Zoro could've finished off King with Asura had he known about his trick and before officially having the CoC powerup. That fight for me was more for Zoro to tap into his potential and figure out certain things.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,582
Reaction score
10,159
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Kaido vs the Red scabbards
Jinbe vs Who's Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Robin vs Black Maria
Killer vs Hawkins
Perospero vs Wanda/Carrot
Nekomamushi vs Perospero
Inuarashi vs Jack
Sanji vs Queen
Zoro vs King
Law/Kid vs Big Mom
Kaido vs Scabbards :
Kaido wins mid diff. Kaido clearly had to exert himself due to the number of the scabbards, plus they were all reasonably strong. They gave him some injuries as well, countered his attacks etc

Jinbe vs Who's Who :
Jinbe won mid-high diff. Wasn't a breeze as people generally put it. It was moreso rushed at the end which gave that impression, which I believe anime will fix.


Franky vs Sasaki:
If Sasaki knows that Franky knows his weakness, he will guard better. He was overconfident most of the fight. Could go either way

Robin vs Black Maria:
Didn't Robin get some help? Plus, there was Black Maria being overconfident as well. BM wins this high diff

Killer vs Hawkins:
Killer wins low-mid diff, as he did in the manga. Remove the hostage situation, and Killer blitz the dude

Perospero vs Wanda/Carrot:
If the minks are in sulong form, Perospero wins mid diff. Else he no diffs

Nekomamushi vs Perospero:
Persopero seemed like he was extreme diffing only because Cat started with more injuries.
If it starts at full health, base Cat high diffs Persopero. Base Cat is close to Jack in PL. While Persopero struggled against sulong Wanda and Carrot, Jack solo'd a bunch of stronger sulong minks.
Sulong Cat low-mid diffs.

Inuarashi vs Jack:
Jack extreme diffs base Dog. Sulong Dog wins mid-high diff

Sanji vs Queen:
Sanji had an extreme diff only due to injuries sustained before his Germa bio awakened.
If Sanji starts at full health, he mid diffs Queen

Zoro vs King:
In a straight up fight, King would lose. In general ranking, I'd put Zoro above King. But, I can see Zoro losing due to matchup, if King plays his cards right, be can win with high-extreme diff.
Zoro hasn't yet mastered advanced conqueror's, and he has some time limit (we aren't sure if it's mink medicine or not, but I think it's his limit on advanced conqueror's as well)
King can fly around really fast and spam ranged attacks, thereby outlasting Zoro.

Law/Kid vs Big Mom:
Law and Kid grew during the fight. Plus, when the fight started, they were bruised up while BM was pretty much fresh.
Everyone starting at full power, Law/Kid wins with extreme diff
 
Top