Discussion - Exis in TUS(Talse Uzer Story) affecting TOG | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Exis in TUS(Talse Uzer Story) affecting TOG

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
The concept of Exis is from one of Author's previous works within Talse Uzer Story (The universe in which TOG is set). Exis are being swith Absolute power in TUS universe hence also in TOG.
Its gathered from the authors blog that Phantaminum is one of the top 5 Exis in the TUS universe.
UNOFFICIALLY (Information gleaned from previous T.U.S. works), we know that:
-In "Talse Uzer Story", the Exis are the "Talse Uzer", i.e. - the entire T.U.S. story will ultimate revolve around the Exis.
-Exis is not born; Exis is made.
-The Exis' power revolves around creating a 'field' around oneself, in which the Exis is basically a God. Because of this power, a non-Exis cannot even fight an Exis.
-Exis are ones 'who make history'

In TOG:
-Phantaminum used his powers as an Exis to infiltrate Jahad's palace (hence the "power that the rankers could not recognize")
-The Exis are like gods within T.U.S. Universe. The author once stated that "Phantaminum could instantly destroy the T.O.G. story if he wanted to."
this is what i got from Batoto forums
so how much do you think these beings will affect TOG? Is baam going to become one?

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ah didn't know that, though I remember SIU saying that Phantaminum could destroy the TOG story. Sounds like a very interesting concept, Baam might even be one of these Exis. I still don't really like the "they are made, not born" part because I would prefer it if Baam wasn't made (which indicates that he's something artificial). It's still possible though and it would explain why he was completely alone in that cave.

And if the Exis really play that huge of a role, Phantaminum will most likely appear again at some point (or maybe even another Exis).

kakashi65

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I also read it somewhere before and i´m impressed by the author, who planned this whole story
It wouldn´t be suprising if Enryu, Zahard and Urek Mazino are also Exes, just not as strong as Phantaminum.
I also wouldn´t like Baam to be made, but it looks like thats the way it will go, just wondering how he wants to explain the cage, maybe Zahard feared Baam and used one of his powers as a god to change him, delete his memories, so that he must learn everything he could do from scratch. But thats a little farfetched...

Off topic: It looks like SIU made a world in his mind and is now telling us his story step by step, he´s a genius...
It wouldn´t suprise me if this goes for another 10-15 years until all the puzzle pieces are in place and we can truely see the final picture. Maybe at that time, TOG/TUS/SIU will be more famous

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
What i gathered from different forums is TOG is his second manga not first the first one is Carnival and it was also set in TUS universe, but it had nothing to do with the Tower.
SIU retreated that one for TOG to be his official first release or sth by which time he is already a matured manhwa author with a good planning of the story(i mean TOG story)
If the info given to us about the Exis is true then possibly Enru is also an exis may be weaker than Phantaminum but an exis
because we know that shinso turns red around his presence and he killed a frigging guardian + some says he can create life using shinsoo

i am sure Urek is not one yet what we have gathered is that Urek is just ONE HELLUVA powerful guy in the tower but these kind of high and mighty feats like Phantaminums raid in teh tower palace rendering every one hapless and scared and then vanishing without a trace + enru actually killing a guardian is sth that he never dared to show yet.

i think you need to be powerful enough to merit yourself to be an Exis and then some force say Exis association lol may bestow some changes in the way of using your power hence shinsoo changes into sth different and its usage becomes exotic
well so far most are wishful thinking and long shot prediction so feel free to differ :)

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
northerncolors translated them as Axis/Axes, he translated the authors comment about them directly from SIU's blog.

Axis User is a person with power to influence the “tale”. They are the greatest variable that determines the future. They are named as such because their ability is invoked with the user as an axis. Apart from this fact, their abilities do not hold almost any similarity with each other. Non-Axis User is unable to interfere in any way. They are also known as the Axis/Axes.
Sounds like they really are the only ones that clearly change the "tale" of TUS :headscratch

---------- Post added May 20, 2012 at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was May 16, 2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

More info about the Axis/Exis, translated by northerncolors

Axis/Exis are those who leave an unchangeable record, or a god-like power that can lead and change history. Those who isn't an Axis/Exis cannot interfere with an Axis/Exis. (So even Enryu and Zahard cannot kill Phantaminum) Axis/Exis creates their own space and therefore keeps expanding (T/N: Poorly written text. It did not say what was expanding). For example, nobody in Tower of God (Part of TUS universe) can beat an Axis/Exis. It appears that it isn't a matter of strong or weak, as a weak Axis/Exis is still an Axis/Exis. Axis/Exis isn't an innate ability, it must be awakened - and depending on the strength of their abilities, they may even go berserk/out of control during the awakening. There appear to be different types of Axis/Exis (Striker, Observer), as well as classes among them. (Though it remains unclear whether this would still apply, as this is an old setting) Those with the strongest Axis/Exis power are called the 'king. Some of the known Axis/Exis are King of Conquest, Phoenix King (인조 could also mean Man-made/Artificial... You can't tell, without Chinese characters), Savior King, and many more characters in 'TUS' and 'Give me back my planet Earth!', as well as Phantaminum in 'Tower of God'.
I wonder if this confirms that there's no exis in Tower of God besides Phantaminum o___O the text states that even Zahard or Enryu can't beat Phantaminum because you need to be an Exis too to interfere with one. Now if Phantaminum shows up again hell will break loose :3c

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I wonder if this confirms that there's no exis in Tower of God besides Phantaminum o___O the text states that even Zahard or Enryu can't beat Phantaminum because you need to be an Exis too to interfere with one. Now if Phantaminum shows up again hell will break loose :3c
i would love to see that :tem and couple that with Baam becoming exis in later part / last part of the story nd le end.
i think that the whole set up is more like western comics where you have a single universe where one story is some how or another related with the other stories in the universe
like say clamps
if that is the case then if baam becomes an exis we will see his effects in other works of the author if he pursues them that is

kakashi65

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
not sure how reliable the infos sha posted are but the "made part" can be interpreted differently too. As I see it, they can be just "normal" persons who awaken the power but I might be wrong. I doubt we will see anything about them soon anyway, if they are shown it will most likely be when the story has advanced near the end.

we can discuss more of this in the specific thread if you want :)
I´d love to :D

I´m interested in how you inteprete the "made" part, because I thought, when the author goes out of his way to write it specially that they have to be made, I think it can´t be born, because every normal one have to be born, so what would be so special about that part? Sadly we´ll not see anything about the Exis, even though the talse uzer story is supposed to be about the "uzers"/the exis, thats why I thought, hey Tower of God is mostly about Baam, and TUS is supposed to be about the Exis => Baam=Exis?
Would be too good to be true

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
New infos, mostly from other forum(posted in Wiki) so dun expect it to be cannon
The Power of an Exis

The incident that displayed the power of an Exis was the Pentaminum Jahad Palace Intrusion Incident (펜타미넘 자하드 궁 침입사건, Pentamineom Jahhahdeu Goong Chimipsageon). The Rankers of the Jahad Family, who were known as the strongest, were gruesomely murdered by Pentaminum. The only two people that met face-to-face with him and survived are Ha Yuri Jahad and Jahad himself.

No one knows why he left Yuri alive. Yuri called Pentaminum a 'dirty one'.
A common debate topic is "Pentaminum vs Enryu". There was also a big talk about it recently (on the cafe). To summarize the result (expected from what is known so far) in a line, if Pentaminum and Enryu ever meet and Pentaminum has the intention of killing Enryu, Enryu will disappear within a second.

As explained above, a non-Exis cannot intercept the actions of an Exis in any way. Even if Enryu throws 9000 bangs of shinsu at him or does whatever he cannot even touch Pentaminum.

In the TUS universe, Exes are godlike beings. SIU himself has stated that Pentaminum can collapse the story of the Tower of God itself in a brief moment.

Exes are often called "Kings" but their powers are that of gods.
Enryu: The Most Powerful Shinsu User in the Tower

High Ranker, Spear Keeper, Ranking 2nd, Red Tower
Height 184cm
Throwing-type Spear Keeper
He is known as the Red Tower because shinsu becomes dyed with a red colour when he walks by.
Although his position is Spear Keeper, it is said that he can control 9000 bangs of shinsu.
He once murdered an Administrator (or "Guardian"), although Administrators were thought to be immortal gods before then. This is why there is no Administrator on the 43rd floor, and it is said that the shinsu on that floor is "dead".
He is not an Exis, and can never defeat Pentaminum. Rankers love to discuss who would win if Pentaminum and Enryu fought (This is because they do not know that Pentaminum is an Exis.).
It is said that he can even create life from shinsu.
There are also many theories at the cafe that maybe Bam or Rachel could have been created out of shinsu by Enryu.
Pentaminum: The Only Exis in the Tower
High Ranker, Exis, Ranking 1st, Riddle
The No. 1 Ranker in the Tower, and the only Exis within its walls.
He is an extremely powerful Exis who is one of the Top 5 Exes in the entire TUS universe.
He intruded into the Jahad Palace and murdered a large number of Jahad's Rankers, who were previously said to be the strongest. He ran into Ha Yuri Jahad, but for some reason, did not kill her and disappeared instead. Yuri referred to him as a 'dirty one' (더러운 놈, deoreo'oon nom; "scumbag").
There was a big debate about who would win if Pentaminum and Enryu fought recently, but that's all useless. Pentaminum just wins.
What is the TUS universe?

TUS is the universe that forms the basis for the story of the Tower of God.

TUS is basically a universe that goes by the premise 'This word consists of many stories, and leaves an unchangeable record'. The events of Tower of God only compose one of these many stories.

However, most stories that are based on the TUS universe are not very related to each other. In conclusion, it's possible to enjoy reading Tower of God without knowledge of this universe. Even if you do know the TUS universe, it just adds a little bit of interest, and is not necessary to know it at all.

Therefore, Tower of God is an independent story within an independent universe. Although SIU has stated that information related to other TUS stories will pop up here and there soon, what the reader needs to know about these topics will be explained on the spot, and SIU guarantees that one does not need to read every other TUS story to enjoy reading Tower of God.
"TUS is the universe that forms the basis for my other fantasy works such as Tower of God, Carnival, :COMIC:, and Give My Earth Back." - SIU
some scenes from the TUS

"Current time, 513 years after Conqueror King's death, the world is at peace."

"Earth, Rosemadder's Third Red Petal, is also at peace."

Boy) "Ah... it's because I had a very bad dream. I couldn't get enough sleep. I don't know~"

(Girl) "An old friend? Heeh... is it the curse of a girlfriend you dumped a long time ago?"

(Boy) "No way... You don't really think that, do you?"

(Narrator) "The Towers of Atrakion (아트라키온의 탑, Ahteurahkioneui Tahp), also known as 'flower stalks' (꽃대, ggotdae; or "floral axes"). There are about 30 in the area, and these buildings carry many mysteries. There is no known information on why these were built, for whom these were built, or when they were built. However, this place is popular among students because the towers are managed by hiring students for part-time jobs."

(Narrator) "However, none of these students who work here know who lives in the towers."

(Boy) "I can't believe I clean a place that no one lives in every weekend. I'm happy they gave me a job but I'm not really motivated by such pointless work..."

(Narrator) "(No one knows because) This is because the buildings have no windows or doors to show what's inside them."

(Girl) "Heeh... I sometimes think that too. But whenever that happens, I think. (Drooling) This tower is sort of like a part of the Duke himself. Here it's big and hard..."

(Boy, Thinking) "Hey, you... that's wrong!"

(Girl) "Mmm... If you're going to be that dull and gloomy... Are you free today?"

(Narrator) "Because no one knows, these towers have become mysterious objects surrounded by a continuously growing list of speculations and nonsense."

(Boy) "I'm not interested in a date. I'm pretty popular, so very few girls catch my eye..."

(Girl) "Shut up."

All thanks goes to the wiki used Godai

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

There are talks of this entity called King amongst the Exis (he is not Jahard) the Guy is probably one of the strongest Exis may be more powerful than Pahntaminum
A story that occurs after Conqueror King awakens. 'Give My Earth Back' is about the alliance that fights against Conqueror King, and 'Tailse User Story' is the primary story that occurs after Conqueror King's death.

(There is no hint whatsoever that tells us when the events of Tower of God take place, and it is possible that the original TUS will never be revealed to the media again. For now, it can be said that Tower of God has nothing to do with TUS besides Pentaminum.)

Conqueror King's awakening - Seeing how the word "King" is placed after Exes' abilities, it is assumed that Conqueror King had the ability to "conquer". I expect that he is about the second-most powerful Exis in TUS.

(Expectation: Seeing the previews for Carnival, it seems that Carnival takes place in a time closer to the present, compared to the events of TUS which clearly occur in the future. Seeing how SIU is putting a lot of work into the plot of Carnival, Conqueror King will probably have something to do with Carnival.)

After Conqueror King's awakening, Conqueror King uses his own Exis in an attempt to "Conquer" the universe.
However, other Exes that oppose him (e.g. King of National Salvation and his allies) form an alliance and have a looong battle with Conqueror King. (This is the setting for Give My Earth Back)
After Conqueror King's death, the world is relatively peaceful, besides a few small-scale conflicts. Here, the embers of war begin to reignite... (This is the setting for original TUS)
Exis Detailed Information

SIU has told us that there are types of Exes such as "Striker" and "Observer".

Seeing how so far we have only seen these two, let's say there are only these two for now.

It seems that all Exes go on rampages when they awaken, each according to his/her power. Seeing how the people coldly grade the Exis according to the scale of damage the ramapaging Exis does, it seems these awakening rampages are common occurences in the original TUS.

"Exis is not something you are born with, but rather something you awaken, so any common person has a chance of awakening."

"Because of this, from the youngest of little children in the neighbourhood to the oldest of men on the verge of death, all people live on believing in that 'one-time miracle'."

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

some of the images are not working try opening it as a link
that might work

Bananapower

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
:huh :huh
That's a lot of information concerning Pentaminum... Hard to believe but if SIU says it...

I don't understand the fact of making Pentaminum an Exis. It destroy completely the character, now the chance that he appear in ToG are smaller because what is interest of incorporate a god (unstoppable , immortal) in the story. If he appears he can destroy every thing and no one can stop it.
It's better if SIU talk about them (Exis) as a legend or a myth in ToG.

And if Baam is one of them, I hope he will became one at the end of ToG or as late as possible, no interest to follow a god in his play garden...

For the fact that they are made, I think is oneself or somebody else that can awake the power of Exis in a man. To make maybe refers to make awake an Exis and not create.

I wanted to know if all what is said about Exis came from SIU or if it is someone who speculate about them.

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hmm half or more than half is inference from the Authors blog or previous works. Phantaminum has yet to make a debut appearance.
From what we can gather that Exis are on a different dimensions when compared to regular people, but there are different levels of Exis
Phantaminum is considered to be one of the 5 strongest Exis.
We have seen that the Exis fought a war within themselves and that any one can be an exis if he can manage to awaken the power but its not easy and very few become exis
Exis are not born.
How far the Exis has effect on TOG is still an unanswered question, but as phantaminum and his deeds were was mentioned we can surmize that atleast some thing will be shown.
May be Phantaminum is the last villain that baam must defeat after becoming an exis
who knows what will happen
so far what we are seeing in TOG can very well be described by akraptor himself. He said to prince and Yeon that they are bickering to be who is the second strongest, because no patter what Baam is the strongest regular
ie the rest of the tower are fighting/ betraying/ training etc to get powerful in the second tier because the exis' are the strongest race of people
even the weakest one can obliterate the strongest non exis
BTW Enryu and Zahard are non Exis people (so far we know from speculation)

0Xellos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
The important part for TOG readers:
1. Phantaminum, right now, is the only Exis in the Tower. That means Baam is not. And also that we probably won't see Phantaminum fight (he might and, I hope, will appear, but there wouldn't be much of a fight :D).
2. The main story of TUS is basically a story revolving around Exis, while TOG has little relation to it. So I doubt TOG will, at some point, turn into a story where people become Exis like mushrooms after a rain :D and I even doubt that Baam will become and Exis and pwn everyone and it'll be Baam vs Phantaminum. That'd spoil the story.
3. The "made" part is explained. It seems to hold more of a figurative meaning, because it's stated that anyone can awaken into being an Exis (no, no reason to think that it has to be with help).

apellon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
to me born , means he just born has a exis , with no works , no progression , it just is . ..
but made in my opinion : means to become ..

Maybe the tower is a place to become a exis , hence , being "Made" ( progression)

and i dont think that baam couldnt become a exis , i mean , i dont see why it would defeat the story ...
using shinshoo is basically using field of god ! and some high ranker explained that if used right you could become pretty much a god --- exis ... anyhow , i think all that is just figurative .. it just mean someone is really powerful ...

and considering that tower of god is one of the best masterpiece ive encountered so far ..any suggestion for some other as interestings reading ???

and do anyone knows of some TUS names ? where can we read them?

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
and considering that tower of god is one of the best masterpiece ive encountered so far ..any suggestion for some other as interestings reading ???

and do anyone knows of some TUS names ? where can we read them?
well there was one called Carnival but as far as i ve heard the author retracted his works to make TOG his debut release for some reason or other.. (this news needs to be verified though)

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
3. The "made" part is explained. It seems to hold more of a figurative meaning, because it's stated that anyone can awaken into being an Exis (no, no reason to think that it has to be with help).
Yes, persons are made into Exis by the events in their life, their experiences and goals. Whether or not you will become an Exis is not genetically preordained and anyone and everyone has a potential to become one, some day. Why do some people manage to become Exis, and some do not, is still unknown.

Perhaps the top of the Tower holds some secrets that are even usable by beings like Exis. Maybe Phantaminum doesn't want to be an Exis any more, and thinks he could achieve that by climbing the Tower. Who knows.

Bhoot

Reaction score
Country
India
Is there any place I can read all the translated Talze Uzer world stories??

s2k03

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tower of God Chapter 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

What do you mean viole wont be an exis thats like saying naruto wont be hokage...... I mean look at how fast he is progressing it unbelievable!!! He has only been in the tower for about 5 years and he is as strong or stronger then some that have been fighting for 200 years LOL.

Also that would be pretty badass if they talked about the history of the tower and zahard (:

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

What do you mean viole wont be an exis thats like saying naruto wont be hokage...... I mean look at how fast he is progressing it unbelievable!!! He has only been in the tower for about 5 years and he is as strong or stronger then some that have been fighting for 200 years LOL.

Also that would be pretty badass if they talked about the history of the tower and zahard (:
Strength isn't a requirement for becoming an Exis. It's not like a final level in a figter's development. I read about these Exes and not all of them appear to be concentrated on fighting. Like gods. You have a god of war, god of death, god of destruction, but also god of peace, god of art, god of prosperity etc. Baam doesn't have any more chance of becoming an Exis just because he's strong and progressing fast.

If he became an Exis, it would suck, because he couldn't be beaten by anyone but another Exis.

Reactions: syx

s2k03

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Strength isn't a requirement for becoming an Exis. It's not like a final level in a figter's development. I read about these Exes and not all of them appear to be concentrated on fighting. Like gods. You have a god of war, god of death, god of destruction, but also god of peace, god of art, god of prosperity etc. Baam doesn't have any more chance of becoming an Exis just because he's strong and progressing fast.

If he became an Exis, it would suck, because he couldn't be beaten by anyone but another Exis.
You just basically implied on the second statement that in order for you to become an exis you have to be really strong. Also im pretty sure he can be the god of peace or the god of prosperity because he does want to protect people, provide justice, and has good fortune.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

Didn't imply anything of sorts. Exis are like separate beings that can only be hurt by other Exes. And that's it. There's plenty of material about them in Batoto forums, for example.

abc1233

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

You just basically implied on the second statement that in order for you to become an exis you have to be really strong. Also im pretty sure he can be the god of peace or the god of prosperity because he does want to protect people, provide justice, and has good fortune.
It's the other way around pretty much. Becoming an Exis means that you are now really strong (well, compared to non-Exes), but you didn't necessarily have to be really strong in order to become an Exis since it's the power itself which has made you stronger.

I wouldn't mind if he became an Exis as long as it's near the end of the series. If the TUS universe revolves around Exes and TOG is within the same universe then it does imply somewhat that Exes will be featured in TOG.