- Joined
- Apr 7, 2006
- Messages
- 9
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 40
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Today I saw the post about translators getting their ranks reworked, and I was like... "Hey, I get a lot of raws from this place... Maybe I can translate and give back to the community."
So I went and tried to make an account. The browser told me that my email address had already been used!
"Wtf?"
I asked for a password reset and logged on.
Then I applied to be a translator. And woe and behold, it told me that I already was one!
"Wtf?"
Then I reached deep back into the recess of my mind and rembered. Back in 2006 I was hooked on Deathnote and found a website where the raws were being posted. I needed an account so I made one.
I was so happy about getting the latest Deathnote raws that I translated the chapters within seconds of the raws being posted. An admin saw that and awarded me with my own translator forum.
But real life caught up and I had military training and a deployment to Iraq, so I eventually forgot the name of the site.
In 2008 I found this site via google and started downloading raws. Because of the total layout change, I thought this was a different site!
I had no idea that what was a small forum at the time would evolve into something this big.
Palm, meet face.
Face, palm.
/blush
I found my way back, and am here to stay. Hope to see you all around!
So I went and tried to make an account. The browser told me that my email address had already been used!
"Wtf?"
I asked for a password reset and logged on.
Then I applied to be a translator. And woe and behold, it told me that I already was one!
"Wtf?"
Then I reached deep back into the recess of my mind and rembered. Back in 2006 I was hooked on Deathnote and found a website where the raws were being posted. I needed an account so I made one.
I was so happy about getting the latest Deathnote raws that I translated the chapters within seconds of the raws being posted. An admin saw that and awarded me with my own translator forum.
But real life caught up and I had military training and a deployment to Iraq, so I eventually forgot the name of the site.
In 2008 I found this site via google and started downloading raws. Because of the total layout change, I thought this was a different site!
I had no idea that what was a small forum at the time would evolve into something this big.
Palm, meet face.
Face, palm.
/blush
I found my way back, and am here to stay. Hope to see you all around!