XXEliteXXAceXX

Mangahelper
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
It appears there has been far too much spamming and baiting lately. As a final reminder, please adhere to the Forum Rules when constructing your post. I will briefly highlight the ones that I feel needs more attention.
  • Please be respectful and show common courtesy not only to other members, but also artists, publishers, studios and the likes. Difference of opinion is a given during discussion, and criticism has its place, so long as it is constructive and contributes to the ongoing conversation; not used to bash others or to just generally be negative. Being passive aggressive, sarcastic or trolling to bait others is not acceptable.
Please note the underlined words. While discussion is always encouraged, baiting others and instigating fights are not allowed. This means name-calling, character bashing, and generalizing fandoms is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, the use of phrases such as "fans" or "fanboys" in a provoking way will not be tolerated. We will be quite strict with these rules from here on forth so please be aware.
  • As difficult as it may be to sometimes contain emotions, we ask that you refrain from overusing emoticons, typing in all caps and unnecessary use of various colors and size fonts.​
  • Spamming is prohibited. Posts containing reaction images, single words such as “GREAT!” will be deleted, as will any one line post that does not add to the discussion/topic. Use the quoting or edit function where possible, to avoid double-posting.​
  • Make use of the like button, gratitude posts just as “Thanks for sharing!” and the likes can be conveyed without such responses.​
Regarding content etiquette, we ask that you limit the amount of reaction images and emoticons used. One line posts that adds nothing to the discussion as well as spam will be deleted. This includes gratitude posts, sarcastic posts, off-topic posts, and those that belong to a personal/conversational-type post.

Specifically for chapter threads, please make sure posts are in their proper thread, either spoiler or discussion. Any community aspect (e.g. avatar bets) within these threads should be moved to the Hangout Thread. Meanwhile, power level discussions that are unrelated to the current chapter (e.g. before Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest) should be discussed in the Power Ranking Thread.

Again, we will be enforcing these rules more carefully and violations will be dealt with accordingly from now on.~ XXEliteXXAceXX

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Hmmm,I doubt it's a one-time thing even if Wendy said it. If you think about it,Wendy should have atleast gained something being on Irene's body or Irene must have triggered something on her body while she temporarily inhabited it. Both Irene and Wendy are DS and Enchanters and Wendy is clearly Irene in the making (minus the madwoman persona). We also thought that Laxus' RL was a one-time thing until he used it again on Erza.
Laxus's RL was never said to be a one time use though, the one time use was Freed's runes IIRC.
RL was found by the guy by accident (Asspull, the only asspull in the series by the GOAT)

kenedyfake

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it lol.

Jellal is clown now. I don't see him doing anything this arc at all.
Mashima doesn't really like Gray or Mira - their fight is likely gonna get off paneled. The next see of them, will be Mira and Elfman defeated off screen and put in Cana's card. I hope it won't happen, but considering previous two Mira fights (vs Jacob, vs Skullion), I'm fairy confident that this will happen
Now, but that can suddenly change, as the author wishes. As for Gray, he is a main character, so he will have his shine again, as well as Erza who must also return.

I only worry about Jellal, but he's being saved for something big.

One4All

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Seems perfectly fine then. She'll use it to stomp this clown and then it'll be gone, though I wish she got something more related to her dragon slayer powers. Not a fan of all these enchant powers.

Laxus never said it was a one time thing. Usually if it's stated to be a one time use then that sticks. Natsu's Igneel power-up being an obvious one. No way Wendy is keeping a power-up that gives her the power of Irene, which is what it will likely do if she's saying it can only be used once.
But most of us assumed RL was a one-time thing. I said that it's probably the same with Wendy because characters are ought to learn secondary magics. Natsu(thought projection), Lucy(Card magic though it failed) and Erza(basic enchantment) already had theirs. Wendy gaining something(be it knowledge or MP) from Irene swap would make sense atleast as a boost to her Enchantment because she doesn't need to have secondary magic since she has plenty of magics already (Healing,DS and Enchantment).

Laxus pwns natsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
But most of us assumed RL was a one-time thing. I said that it's probably the same with Wendy because characters are ought to learn secondary magics. Natsu(thought projection), Lucy(Card magic though it failed) and Erza(basic enchantment) already had theirs. Wendy gaining something(be it knowledge or MP) from Irene swap would make sense atleast as a boost to her Enchantment because she doesn't need to have secondary magic since she has plenty of magics already (Healing,DS and Enchantment).
No most of us assume that he got that from the 1 year TS

Xzilerate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And that's the key word there. This isn't being assumed. It's being directly stated (presuming it being a one time use is true). Nowhere in the manga has something ever been stated to be a one time use only for them to use it later and there's no reason to assume this will be any different. If she says she can only use it once then she can only use it once.

kianp67

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Honestly, what even is Wendy’s magic anymore. It just feels like she can pull out whatever she wants if it suits the plot.

Hugely disappointed that they spent pretty much an entire chapter on Wendy being beat up when they could’ve ended the fight in this chapter or even properly began it.

Mirajane is due a big power up this arc, but knowing mashima he’ll give her nothing and off panel her fight versus gray.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
But I still think Wendy's Belserion form will be used again.
I wouldn't be surprised, considering it's Wendy - the one who has supplanted Erza as the asspull queen
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For those who mentioned me ,I'm fine! but a little
wHy U sO sAd? :(

Eclopse

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hmmm,I doubt it's a one-time thing even if Wendy said it. If you think about it,Wendy should have atleast gained something being on Irene's body or Irene must have triggered something on her body while she temporarily inhabited it. Both Irene and Wendy are DS and Enchanters and Wendy is clearly Irene in the making (minus the madwoman persona). We also thought that Laxus' RL was a one-time thing until he used it again on Erza.
Dragon Force is closely related to DS powers and "natural" growth of a character, so it's safe to expect that a character might use it again after they triggered it thanks to the help of Ethernano or something like that.
The Irene transformation has nothing to do with DS powers and only happened because Wendy shared her body. It makes sense that Mashima would specify it can only be used once, as it's kinda bullshit to have. It's all running on "that one time they shared bodies", not "being a dragon slayer".

It's a one-time thing.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
I still don't know why Wendy's clothes changed to Irene's :huh:

like, wut :wonder
Mashima could have at least make Wendy's boobs bigger. This is just a slap in Irene's face. Since it seems to be a one-time powerup. One time promotion isn't that bad.

One4All

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Dragon Force is closely related to DS powers and "natural" growth of a character, so it's safe to expect that a character might use it again after they triggered it thanks to the help of Ethernano or something like that.
The Irene transformation has nothing to do with DS powers and only happened because Wendy shared her body. It makes sense that Mashima would specify it can only be used once, as it's kinda bullshit to have. It's all running on "that one time they shared bodies", not "being a dragon slayer".

It's a one-time thing.
I'm completely okay with that if it's true. I'm just looking at it in another perspective and I kind of feel sorry for her since she is already gaining a lot of haters especially with this chapter. Whether it's a one-time thing or not,I'm okay with that.

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Excuses just like against acno they were all
In base mode. I’m not mad that Wendy got a power up it just funny how logic works in FT
Not really.

The only person in either of those groups who's got a record for going all out all in from the start is Natsu, who we saw in Albareth learned that was a huge risk to waste it all at the start.

Preservation is a smart thing to do in battle.

You're arguing against something the MC literally used to do and then realized was bad.

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
The complaints on this are goofy