• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I dont think Natsu is going to just beat up Lucy. It'd honestly be too simple. Mashima is going to squeeze all the fanservice and drama he can out of this scenario. Well, the fanservice at least.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Speaking of Viernes I believe it said he was a metal dragon so there’s a good chance Gajeel could be involved (but it could be just wishful thinking)
Well, specifically Viernes is the "Gold Dragon", and I'm not sure if Gajeel can eat gold, but I can still see him helping out. Granted, on the other hand, I'm not sure Levy would let him.
It could be either gold or metal. The character (jin) usually means gold, but can also mean metal in general. In used the context of the Chinese wu xing elements, for example, it means metal in general. Really depends on the context.

Last edited:

gk3389127

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I dont think Natsu is going to just beat up Lucy. It'd honestly be too simple. Mashima is going to squeeze all the fanservice and drama he can out of this scenario. Well, the fanservice at least.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It could be either gold or metal. The character (jin) usually means gold, but can also mean metal in general. In used the context of the Chinese wu xing elements, for example, it means metal in general. Really depends on the context.
Well, part of the reason I'm assuming "Gold" in this context, is because most of the Dragon Gods have been references to days of the week: Selene "getsu-yoobi" (moon); Ignia "ka-yoobi" (fire); Mercuphobia "sui-yoobi" (water); Aldoron "moku-yoobi" (wood); Viernes "kin-yoobi" (gold). But you can never be sure; I'm thinking gold would be more interesting than just a generic "Metal" dragon, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm expecting this arc to run probably at least another twenty chapters (probably more than that) with thirty being the unlikely max, and then they'll most likely move onto Viernes. Best estimate is that the arc will be over by the end of the year at the latest, which would amount to about 25 chapters, give or take, leading to a total running length about about 45 chapters, which would be the longest arc in this sequel yet.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Well, part of the reason I'm assuming "Gold" in this context, is because most of the Dragon Gods have been references to days of the week: Selene "getsu-yoobi" (moon); Ignia "ka-yoobi" (fire); Mercuphobia "sui-yoobi" (water); Aldoron "moku-yoobi" (wood); Viernes "kin-yoobi" (gold). But you can never be sure; I'm thinking gold would be more interesting than just a generic "Metal" dragon, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'm expecting this arc to run probably at least another twenty chapters (probably more than that) with thirty being the unlikely max, and then they'll most likely move onto Viernes.
Aye, welcome to the forum! :\m/

kaiiruuu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
this arc is taking a very weird turn

AmitDS

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I don't know, it's more like her body being fused with Yokai. If she becomes freed, I don't see how it would give her more power if the possibility of her becoming separated from a Yokai. I would accept it if it becomes a new form if Lucy gets her hands on the Ophiuchus key if Yukino were to give it to her.
I was referring to her using suspiria in this form and as a result, keeping the knowledge and memories of it when she's back to normal so she can use it in the future. I don't think or want that she'd have this serpentine form in the future.

grey matter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I don't really like Selene's personality, something about it just bores me. She kind of reminds me of Eileen. just less interesting.
The cover for this chapter was great though.
Yep. I just can't pinpoint, but something about this arc REALLY bores me. Maybe boring isn't the right word, not sure how to express lol. Kinda feel hollow reading the past few chapters.
Another psychopathic villain who's doing stuff just cause she's bored, sigh

Not really complaining about the recent chapter. Feels like an all right setup chapter, but I'm not expecting anything interesting to come out of this arc (at least in perspective of plot).
Hopefully, the fights will be decent, which itself is a big expectation when you look at how the fights in the entire spinoff were handled. But I'm still willing to hope, the yokai stuff seems to have potential.

yeah, same.

out of 4 Dragon Gods, 3 of them are totally generic.

one is a total lunatic who wants to fight and has totally unique element we never saw before (fire LOL), another one is just straight up dumb and had the usual Dragons are superior than humans and I'll kill my other rivals and this one wants destruction for fun which is almost the same as Ignia but in perverted way.

hopefully there is more to Selene than this but I doubt it.

only Merc was really different.
Sort of agree.

Ignia is basically just evil Natsu. Selene seems to be the typical psychopathic villain doing stuff cause she's bored.

But I disagree on Aldoron. Aldoron is basically humanity within dragons.
Just like humans view themselves as the masters of earth because of their superior intellect and power (technology), Aldorn sees dragons as the masters of his world, due to their superior intellect and strength (here, literally rather than due to technology).
He farm humans for food & nutrition, just like humans farm animals for food.

Natsu had a piss poor rebuttal when Aldoron called out the hypocrisy lmao. As if humans aren't generally doing that to animals . Where does Natsu think, the meat he buys up en-masse, or gobbles from restaurants come from? Of course it's from animals someone else mass farms.

Aldoron, IMO, is one of the most interesting villains of the series. Because he is just "human". Natsu views him as a villain, in the same way animals might view humans if they are hypothetically capable of such complex thoughts.

Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but this is what I felt about Aldoron in his final chapter. I couldn't write all it here back then, because I was mad AF from how Aldoron got rekt by Natsu.
Aldoron's plot was the most interesting IMO. The way the fights went? Trash. The arc had great potential, but trash fights undermined the arc.

I also don't think Aldoron is dead lol. I think Acnologia did pretty much what Natsu did to him, and left. Because the guy is like a tree, so he just grew up again. Maybe in 100 years into the future, Aldoron may grow back again.

Merc was a dragon, who pretty much believed what Aldoron believed, but over 400+ years slowly came to like humans. He's like Igneel in this sense, he too once upon a time hated humans and eventually grew to like them (or at least tolerate them). A bit generic, but way better than "hurr burn everything" and "I destroy cause I'm bored".
I wish we got to know why Merc was losing control and going wild tho. It's not like the other dragon gods, who are pretty much same level, are going insane because of their powers.

In the end, I'd say, I liked Merc and Aldoron as characters. Selene and Ignia seems to be utter trash, but we'll see.
For now, Aldo > Merc >>>>>> Ignia/Selene

Last edited:

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
But I disagree on Aldoron. Aldoron is basically humanity within dragons.
Just like humans view themselves as the masters of earth because of their superior intellect and power (technology), Aldorn sees dragons as the masters of his world, due to their superior intellect and strength (here, literally rather than due to technology).
He farm humans for food & nutrition, just like humans farm animals for food.

Natsu had a piss poor rebuttal when Aldoron called out the hypocrisy lmao. As if humans aren't generally doing that to animals . Where does Natsu think, the meat he buys up en-masse, or gobbles from restaurants come from? Of course it's from animals someone else mass farms.

Aldoron, IMO, is one of the most interesting villains of the series. Because he is just "human". Natsu views him as a villain, in the same way animals might view humans if they are hypothetically capable of such complex thoughts.

Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but this is what I felt about Aldoron in his final chapter. I couldn't write all it here back then, because I was mad AF from how Aldoron got rekt by Natsu.
Aldoron's plot was the most interesting IMO. The way the fights went? Trash. The arc had great potential, but trash fights undermined the arc.
LMAO I actually forgot about that, probably because that came a few panels before Natsu one shotted him.

Still, if Hiro did this the moment he appeared in front of Natsu (maybe he did but I didn’t read those chapters before Natsu wrecked him) then it would have been interesting.

A few panels before his demise means very little.

His view on things like humans is different but his overall goal is generic asf.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
LMAO I actually forgot about that, probably because that came a few panels before Natsu one shotted him.

Still, if Hiro did this the moment he appeared in front of Natsu (maybe he did but I didn’t read those chapters before Natsu wrecked him) then it would have been interesting.

His view on things like humans is different but his overall goal is generic asf.
That's on Hiro lmao. He never showed us Aldoron's motives or the character itself until towards the end.
All we knew about him, until the final chapter, was that his body was just reacting to intruders on his body. I like the concept of God seeds, in the sense that they acted like immune system of Aldoron's body, trying to get rid of harmful invaders. Was a cool concept, yet again undermined by trash fights.

Aldoron didn't have any grant goal. He basically wanted to take over Giltina and turn it into a giant farm where he can keep eating humans. It's pretty consistent with his views, he sees humans as food and want to farm them lol.
That's the thing about Aldoron. He doesn't have any grand ambitions, he sees things probably similar to how the average non-allied dragon saw 400+ years back and acts accordingly. Except he's become Acno tier. Kind of a simple villain, not overly edgy or retarded like Ignia and Selene. I like that once in a while.

And yes, I agree that Aldo saying it to Natsu in the beginning of the fight, rather towards the end, would've definitely been better. Would've been cool to have some convo regarding it and make Natsu question his 1D morality of good and evil.

Aldo arc had great concepts and potential - a dragon that's like 100 miles long, civil war among good guys, God seeds acting like immune system, Aldo in the end just being a dragon who is eerily similar to humans.
Could've been a great arc if Hiro played his cards right.

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
No wonder now....
So off-panel battles and the same old satan Soul for Mira is cool for Mashima 😂 😂 . A 400-year-old black wizard using his fists is also cool it seems. We shouldn't be surprised if Lucy or Erza destroys Selene at this point.

Matthew209100

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

If this doesn't spell out "Mirajane Strauss", I don't know what does... she is literally known as Fairy Tail's She-Devil...

It's exactly times like this that Mashima can easily make her character relevant, instead of neglecting her entire purpose in the storyline. Also, I don't see why Touka or Faris can't use Aqua Aera to bring some FT members into Elentir. In theory, they should have plenty of magic power now to do so (not like in Edolas) and it's something that they've already done before.

I believe they're wasting their time finding the Grand White Priestess because my prediction is that all the priestesses of the White-Out Cult (including the Grand White Priestess herself) have already been captured and taken hostage by Selene - this would explain why the world of Elentir is overflowing with magic since none of the priestesses are currently active to erase the excess magic.

And it's quite possible for the Grand White Priestess to already be one of the Yokais underneath Black Moon Mountain who will likely soon be facing off against either Natsu or Gray.

I personally think that Natsu will be responsible for fighting all of their guildmates (Lucy, Erza, & Wendy) while Gray will be tasked with converting the Grand White Priestess as well as the rest of the cult members back to normal (likely through the use of his Devil Slaying Magic like he did for Lucy when she was affected by END).

My guess is that Gray (and potentially his group) will reach the top of the mountain first while Natsu will have to figure out a way to escape the FT girls or snap them out of their possession/transformation.
If the Girls are possessed by the Yokai spirits (in some lore they can take over people) Maybe Gray's Devil slayer magic can exorcise the spirits out, because in wiki it is also called Exorcist magic.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
For the next chapter, I’m more looking forward to seeing the scene of natsu and lucy than grey. We already know that grey can’t beat an erza and a wendy at the same time. The only thing that would be interesting for grey is that yokai are considered as demons and that he can release erza and wendy from that form. For natsu we’ll see in the next chapter if he dares to hit lucy.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am gonna bet he is gonna give Lucy a Happy treatment.
Naw.... Too quick. No way Hiro's gonna pass up on fanservice. I bet that Lucy will spend half the chapter cuddling up to Natsu and try to suck Natsu's life force... And Natsu beats her by sucking on her boobs, or something absurd like that.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Naw.... Too quick. No way Hiro's gonna pass up on fanservice. I bet that Lucy will spend half the chapter cuddling up to Natsu and try to suck Natsu's life force... And Natsu beats her by sucking on her boobs, or something absurd like that.
kicked natsu or really say how she feels for him as her abandonment has the end of tartaros

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hey fellow Nalu fans, Don't get your hopes high, we will get something but a straight jump to feelings confession is a bit day dreaming at this point.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey fellow Nalu fans, Don't get your hopes high, we will get something but a straight jump to feelings confession is a bit day dreaming at this point.
What’s your opinion on Lucy being turned into a yokai (nure onna).

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

That's why Viernes will be above >>>>> everyone else including Acnologia