Who is that silhouette??

• Total voters

Raven

Registored User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Aquarius is impeccable in this arc lol. She is easily the MVP of this subplot. She carried hard team Natsu. First, She brought back Lucy to normal through slaps and hugs, thereafter, She executed her ploy by forcing Wendy to quaff down her waters and claiming it to be poisoned which forced Wendy to heal herself and later Wendy brought Erza back thanks to her. I mean if it weren't for Aquarius, Wendy could have got beaten badly by someone like Natsu who eventually won't scruple to beat someone if they turned bad and didn't comply. If Mashima went that route, Wendy won't garner enough strength to bring back Erza to normal and in that case, Team Natsu would have fought Erza and it would exhaust them to the point of fainting. Erza and Laxus both went down when they clashed. So i reckon both Natsu and Gray would lose so much of their strength fighting a stronger Erza and it would take time for them to recover and Selene won't allow any respite for Team Natsu.

Gray scrupling to hit the exceeds makes me wonder if he love cats that much, He heartily hugged Froach before. I think Mashima should give him an exceed at this point.

All in all. Not a bad subplot honestly. I see from where the disappointments coming from but imagine this, You are playing a game, There are lots of monsters around with high detailed and badass design yet they are just oneshottable or you just face them for 3 sec then you do something different and never face them again. You can use the same argument, Why the developers wasted their time building these monsters if they won't do aught. It's the same concept that ails ones interest in something. Insofar, I think the girls forms were worthwhile. They were cool and had a badass design, More than anything, It helped in building the selene's arc substructure. The heros won through wiles and advantages and that is okay in my book and i don't see it having a bad impact in the bigger picture. Not to mention that team Natsu need to be 100% before concourcing the big guns.

Ratrace

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
waste of Yokai forms.

on the other hand, I'm glad it's over.

we had mind control in the previous arc.

I swear, it's as if Hiro and Ueda are purposely using Selene as fandom's avatar who are bored and disappointed with cliches and boredom 🤣 🤣 🤣

that's the highlight of this arc, even though Selene is generic asf.

that stuff saves her.

anyway, I'm looking forward to see where this goes.

I think that guy is Suzaku.

it seems to be male, not female.
If it's him how did he get there can he transport himself to different worlds or knows someone who can
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Aquarius is smart. I feel like there’s more in stored for her to do to still be there instead of returning to the CSW.

And I thought everyone were gonna team up against Erza. I didn’t expect that outcome. At least I don’t have to see any more of that spider design because despite how cool she looks as a yokai, I have a phobia for those things due to a past memory.:scry

Why does Happy and Carla’s dialogue about Wendy’s enchantments seems like Mashima way of telling us to deal with it?:derp

These past chapters made me wonder what was the point for the yokai subplot? I don’t know if it’s to display more to Youko’s power, but I’m not getting the purpose of it. Anyways, I’m glad it’s over so the interesting things to come such as a rematch with the Moonlit Beauty Gods and fight with Selene.

Oop, Youko is going to fight herself? Could it be Lucy vs Youko coming ahead? :zomg Speaking of Lucy, I wonder do she keep her spiritual art. The others were enchanted back to normal while she was done differently.

Wonder who is the mysterious character. Is it Suzaku or the White Priestess?

Time for another torturous 2 weeks of waiting:emocat
Hopefully Youko does a lot better (good luck on that)

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well look at that...the chapter is better with the translations. No big surprise

While I would of liked to see Spider Erza fight, glad it was done in soon. We can dwell into more of the serious matter in this arc and not like this game didn't show us anything. Gave us Aquarius, Youko's abilities and tells us about Selene's character more than anything tbh. Excited to see who that is next chapter too

jetblackwings

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Kinda weird how different FT communities are on social media. Here people are acting like this was a bad chapter for Gray, but on twitter people are either sad for Erza or straight up making fun of her treatment in the sequel.

Itsnever2k

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Kinda weird how different FT communities are on social media. Here people are acting like this was a bad chapter for Gray, but on twitter people are either sad for Erza or straight up making fun of her treatment in the sequel.
Yeah because at least Erza got a great fight with Laxus, even if she lost. Gray fought fodder and then shits himself when thinking about Mira, then fights a villain no one cares about. The Mira thing was probably for laughs, but still it would have been good to have actually seen gray do something people cared about in like 75 chapters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Don't say such stupid things. Otherwise, @Axiomus jumps here and start his line in same manner with "magic ash" or "unboilable water"
Not once have I said that water is unboilable, Skullion's ash is indeed magic, and I happen to agree with what Jko said.

Seeing that natsu refused to hit lucy but not happy shows that he is more attentive to lucy worms. If aquarius had told lucy what natsu said during the hush, he would have advanced nalu.
Might just be because Happy is the strongest in Natsu's mind. :derp

But yeah. He doesn't want to make her cry lol.

jetblackwings

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Yeah because at least Erza got a great fight with Laxus, even if she lost. Gray fought fodder and then shits himself when thinking about Mira, then fights a villain no one cares about. The Mira thing was probably for laughs, but still it would have been good to have actually seen gray do something people cared about in like 75 chapters
Listen to yourself dude. He fought and won THREE fights in a single arc back to back. People say this for Erza in the alvarez arc (a much longer arc) to argue she's being treated well even though she only won ONE and with help. Imagine if Gray lost all these fights except for the one with Juvia, THAT is how Erza is being treated.

Itsnever2k

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Listen to yourself dude. He fought and won THREE fights in a single arc back to back. People say this for Erza in the alvarez arc (a much longer arc) to argue she's being treated well even though she only won ONE and with help. Imagine if Gray lost all these fights except for the one with Juvia, THAT is how Erza is being treated.
Yeah, he won in fights no one cares about. Erza fought Laxus, a fan favourite and one of the strongest characters in the series to a near draw. Gray fought Laxus's fan club, a tired and beat up Mira, and then part of Aldron, whose name I can't even remember, with help. So no it's not the same as Erza in the Alvarez arc, because 2 out of those 3 fights were against people he should have no problem with. Gray and Erza both took an L at the start to dragon eaters, but now it's basically confirmed Erza's way above kiria through her fight with Laxus, but Gray still has that looming over him. I don't think Erza's had a great showing in the sequel, really the only one's that have are Wendy and Natsu, but if you ask yourself who's had the better role in the 100yq, it's Erza.

jetblackwings

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Erza tied with Laxus and beat Kiria... she had one of the best fights in the manga bcs of the 100YQ. Not seeing how she is done dirty either :neutral
She got easily defeated and got called weak by Youko even with Wendy's help. Now after all the build up and wait for her return and the reveal of her youkai form... it gets destroyed in one page before she even gets to do anything. Also she didn't beat Kyria, the fight was interrupted. She didn't win a single fight this sequel.

Yeah, he won in fights no one cares about. Erza fought Laxus, a fan favourite and one of the strongest characters in the series to a near draw. Gray fought Laxus's fan club, a tired and beat up Mira, and then part of Aldron, whose name I can't even remember, with help. So no it's not the same as Erza in the Alvarez arc, because 2 out of those 3 fights were against people he should have no problem with. Gray and Erza both took an L at the start to dragon eaters, but now it's basically confirmed Erza's way above kiria through her fight with Laxus, but Gray still has that looming over him. I don't think Erza's had a great showing in the sequel, really the only one's that have are Wendy and Natsu, but if you ask yourself who's had the better role in the 100yq, it's Erza.
Erza needed help and lost against opponents she shouldn't have had a problem with too since Ajeel and Neinheart were later confirmed fodder after she struggled against them. So you're right it's not the same but worse.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nothing in this chapter made much sense, not even the title.
People mad at Carla's saying how Wendy's enchantment is powerful because she is Wendy is the same thing how we got mad about Happy saying Erza is strong because she is...Erza.
I'm sad and relieved for the subplot finally been over, Erza in that spider form with a mouth that looks like a vagina with pincers and tongue is thx god GONE.
I don't mind Wendy receiving some boost but I mean BOOST and not "booshit" specially when she was defeated by the same power she can now easily undo. I know Irene taught her about spiritual power and all, but she is just learning about the concept right now! She can't go around like she is already a master, makes no sense to me just like how Natsu could make a spirit form during his fight against that ghost dude I don't care about to remember his name. Gray is getting dirt treatment, even Aquarius already did more than him in only 2 chapters and I'm sad by the fact that Lucy and Erza became playthings in 100YQ. For a moment when they came to Touka's world I thought Lucy was going to get a major boost but in the end she just stayed with her major boobs making jokes for readers... Erza as always... Is Erza, sorry I don't know what to say because she is not been too important to the plot rn, maybe because even Mashima is bored or annoyed to have to work with 2 Erzas in different mangas.
I really don't see Selene's elite soldiers been a problem to the group anymore. Even if in these few hours that transpired in the chapters between their defeat and no boost to make a difference in the next fight, but as we know... Suddenly even if nothing has changed they will find a way to defeat everyone now even if they didn't get any boost. Aquarius will be MVP and Wendy the one to defeat Selene. Everything is going in this direction with such attention Mashima is giving to her powers.
If you guys are crying now, hold some tears for Selene :derp

Itsmepatrick

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Maybe that silhouette was the Black dragon knight(i already forgot the name) guy from the Dragon eater group.

Luffyfan30

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is sad, we're basically having a debate of who has it worse between two big shot characters in the original series. Very sad indeed.

Karna

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The thing is, Gray always have to keep fighting Ice Mages etc.

That's why we Gray fans kept raging, we all know Gray would beat Hakune because he will be able to have some Spirit upgrade.

But yes it's take it or leave it.

When was the last time Gray ever fought a character that isn't an Ice Magic user?

You tell me.

Too add salt to injury, Gray always have to keep fighting r*t*rd opponents like Sugar Boy or someone in love with him like Hakune and Juvia

Rigel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This chapter reflects Wendy's development. Complete rubbish.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
So yall wanted to spend more time on the dumb Yokai fights instead of Diabolos, Selene and the Moonlit Goddesses, possible CSK appearance and CSK stardress, and the real White Mage? I'm honestly happy Mashima zoomed past all of this.
Don't introduce a subplot and do nothing with it. Also it will be total crap if the Moonlight goddess loses to the same characters they low diff not 4 chapters early without any of those characters getting any boost.

Fairies Flame

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nothing in this chapter made much sense, not even the title.
People mad at Carla's saying how Wendy's enchantment is powerful because she is Wendy is the same thing how we got mad about Happy saying Erza is strong because she is...Erza.
I'm sad and relieved for the subplot finally been over, Erza in that spider form with a mouth that looks like a vagina with pincers and tongue is thx god GONE.
I don't mind Wendy receiving some boost but I mean BOOST and not "booshit" specially when she was defeated by the same power she can now easily undo. I know Irene taught her about spiritual power and all, but she is just learning about the concept right now! She can't go around like she is already a master, makes no sense to me just like how Natsu could make a spirit form during his fight against that ghost dude I don't care about to remember his name. Gray is getting dirt treatment, even Aquarius already did more than him in only 2 chapters and I'm sad by the fact that Lucy and Erza became playthings in 100YQ. For a moment when they came to Touka's world I thought Lucy was going to get a major boost but in the end she just stayed with her major boobs making jokes for readers... Erza as always... Is Erza, sorry I don't know what to say because she is not been too important to the plot rn, maybe because even Mashima is bored or annoyed to have to work with 2 Erzas in different mangas.
I really don't see Selene's elite soldiers been a problem to the group anymore. Even if in these few hours that transpired in the chapters between their defeat and no boost to make a difference in the next fight, but as we know... Suddenly even if nothing has changed they will find a way to defeat everyone now even if they didn't get any boost. Aquarius will be MVP and Wendy the one to defeat Selene. Everything is going in this direction with such attention Mashima is giving to her powers.
If you guys are crying now, hold some tears for Selene :derp
I highly doubt Wendy defeating Selene given the sheer power differences between them. Natsu is likely to do that given the past battles he had.