1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  7. Congratulations Jammin & Purity of Magi for winning the Manhwa Freestyle contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Time to get coloring! The theme is Pets Coloring.

Voting has begun for the Flower Banner contest!.
  8. Dear members of the Fairy Tail section, please keep in mind that according to our rules spamming as well as bashing are forbidden. Violation will be dealt with accordingly.
  9. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Fairy Tail 536 Chapter Discussion / 537 Predictions

Discussion in 'Guild Archive' started by XXEliteXXAceXX, May 13, 2017.

?

Are Acnologia and Zeref done?

1. Yes

31.1%
  2. No - Acnologia will come back

52.5%
  3. No - Zeref will fight again

3.3%
  4. No - both will return

13.1%
  1. CgL7

CgL7 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Spain
    Wut wut Zeref AND Acnologia went down in the same chapter??! And Hiro confirmed the end of the series is approaching 10 chapters from now. :O

We all expected Acnologia to be taken out by some DS, but this character was made so OP that the timelapse plan / plot device had to be made to defeat him. Anyway Ichiya + Anna (well at least she fulfilled one of her life goals) sacrificing themselves to save Jellal and push Acnologia to the timelapse was beautiful. Not the most epic final battle but it could've been worse.

LOL but Natsu defeating Zeref with sheer PoF and not even any new mode nor new move... That's ridiculous. It's not one-shot level ridiculous because Zeref + Natsu have been fighting for 10 + chapters, but Zeref killed Natsu a while ago... Now PoF flames burn time two chapters later.

Although these battles have been settled in these mediocre ways, I think that's the ending of Acnologia and Zeref as enemies.

I hope the next 10 chapters cover something like:
    • Mavis making Zeref mortal with her "secret plan" and both of them dying.
    • Natsu dying and Lucy totally linking her life to him resulting in her totally demonized / possesed by darkness, but Natsu resurrected. The final battle being Natsu vs Demon / Dark Lucy :P.
    • Last 2-3 chapters about Fairy Tail ships and future.
    Anyway I hope they are better written than this one... But Hiro will probably surprise us and troll us even further :/

Tempus Fugit likes this.
  2. LayKuS

LayKuS Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Fire Nation
    What about Acno? :teehee What's your thoughts on that? Didn't he get a worst treatment than Zeref?

3. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    That was s*** too, but I don't give a hoot about him. I was just reading FT for the Zeref-END subplot. Don't worry though. Acnologia will be back next chapter so Natsu can Nakama Punch him too.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  4. lexx

lexx Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    I can't help but feel that, with 10 chapters remaining, one of the major antagonists, either Acnologia or Zeref, will make a reappearance. I'm thinking Acnologia. He IS the dragon that eats all magic. Maybe in eons of time magic oblivion, he figures out how to eat the time lapse.
    1-2 more chapters of Zeref exposition and maybe death.
    1-2 chapters dealing with Lucy's "book of end" predicament
    2 chapters to show the world going back to normal
    That totals...6 chapters, max. Which leaves 4 for some un-named event....it's gonna be Acnologia.

5. TheGrandSage23

TheGrandSage23 Registered User

United States
    The absolute worst chapter I've read in years

Thanks Hiro

Atom and Luca Blight like this.
  6. Isqui

Isqui Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Argentina
    I hate so much this chapter. First, we have base Natsu oneshoted Zeref with INFINITE MAGIC POWER, then walk away as if nothing had changed (this really PISS ME OFF). Then, Acno gets defeated by a FUCKING HALF-DESTROYED boat. I don't really think that Ichiya is dead c'mon look at the fake "deaths" in the entire arc, Anna is so useless that I don't care if she lives or not. The only thing good about this chapter is Erza doesn't fight againt Acno. 2/10

danh, Zekiel, Yaumil Reiza and 2 others like this.
  7. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    Interesting thing is, even if Natsu was killed this chapter, it wouldn't do anything because most of us would know there'd be some sort of asspull to bring him back, like Lucy somehow writing a new book of NATSU and magicking him back to life. Or Grucy (Gray and Lucy :hurr:) going back in time and preventing Natsu from being killed. SHit like this is why it's hard to have any tension at all.

Even though Mashima likely does it on purpose as I've read he doesn't like that sort of stuff for his readers. He wants them to enjoy it, hence horrible fan service and teasing of bad pairings.

8. Unnamed Namesake

Unnamed Namesake Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Canada
    Jesus Christ, as if I couldn't hate this cocky, little shit even more.

[​IMG]

And why in the blue hell should we give even a fraction of a shit that Anna's dead? What sort of ties do we have to this character? How about the recurring comic relief character? Seriously, the most dangerous, most powerful character in the series was killed by a manlet and a character introduced eight chapters ago.

Then the greatest kicker of a lifetime, the series antagonist was defeated by THE FLAME OF NATSU'S WILD EMOTIONS. Please, someone, fucking kill me.

Something that needs addressing: Why was Anna's last name Heartfilia? Wasn't that Jude's last name? Are he and Layla related? Why would he take his wife's last name?

If the timelapse sent them back in time, does that mean Ichiya is one of Lucy's ancestors?

danh, Zekiel, A.ulq and 9 others like this.
  9. Angiecakes1990

Angiecakes1990 Registered User

Australia
    its not his fault this whole zeref thing was hidden from him well no those notes are more like his memories from FT like all the missions less we forget he has lucy's maid outfit :cheez

10. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    whoa whoa whoa, you better not be insulting Ichiya. SHit on Natsu all you want, but leave Ichiya alone! :arf He's more of a man than Natsu!

But yeah, didn't notice the Heartfilia thing. Isn't Mashima odd anyway? I mean, he has Gildarts being pervy to his own daughter, even. Most likely it's just lazy writing and Mashima not giving a shit.

Atom and Unnamed Namesake like this.
  11. Ice Hunter

Ice Hunter Registered User

Kingdom of Fiore
    Haaaa.... i knew it.... this chapter is full of bullshit. thought it gonna be sooooo bad when i first saw Natsu beat Zeref with a punch in the spoiler, but it turn out to be WORST ever chapter because of Acnologia can't resist Christina... He could just blow Christina with roar or punch it with his hand... but He just booommm and he disapear like he was nothing!

danh, Emperor Spriggan and Atom like this.
  12. EpicKralZ

EpicKralZ Registered User

Alvarez Empire
    I won't rage for now. I will still move on to the next chapter. Zeref might be defeated but I still believe that Dragon slayers defy Logic.. so Acnologia will come back.

Ichiya should be the main Character now.

[​IMG]

Luca Blight likes this.
  13. Luca Blight

Luca Blight Registered User

Vatican City State
    Pretty sure he isnt gone yet.. but damn, looks like Christina too gets that sweet feelings boost when beaten up!

14. Enima

Enima Registered User

Australia
    Do the members of fairy tail get some kind of power up while inside the guild? Kinda like brainiac inside his ship?. Otherwise, Natsu's MP > Unlimited MP:epicfacepalm

Zeref is the main villain of the series and yet....
    • Looks better than most of the MC's
    • He want's to change the past to make the world a better place
    • From the start, he only wanted to be with his lil bro
    • Lived alone most of his life because he didn't want to kill anybody
    • He hasn't killed anybody yet, other than a couple of villains (Hades, Mard geer). Jellal killed more innocent people than this dude.
    • Weak AF
    Acnologia was supposed to be a guy who wipes the floor with dragons but gets taken out by one of the weakest guilds in fiore:disappoint

Dat one liner from Ichiya tho....:datass
    [​IMG]

15. EmberSpirit

EmberSpirit Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

The Wall
    [​IMG]

Did Natsu punch Zeref so hard that he lost his jaw? That transition from his face to his neck looks horrible. Even the art is crap in this chapter.

Seraph, Emperor Spriggan and Atom like this.
  16. Unnamed Namesake

Unnamed Namesake Registered User

Canada
    Well Zeref did kill a lot of people, especially during the war 400 years ago, which is what led to his voluntary isolation, as well as his presumptuous reputation as "The Black Wizard" Zeref.

I've been saying Zeref is weak for years now. The guy is a nerd just like Mavis. He's got all of the magical knowledge in the world and Mavis has all of the magical power in the world and they can't do shit with them. What a couple of fucking losers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  17. amit-monsterman999

amit-monsterman999 Registered User

Canada
    I said the same thing too zeref wasn't that strong a character. Acnologia may come back or not
    right now its interesting to see what will happen to Lucy as either she or her kids will be cursed and that might be his new story
    END after several generations coming back or something

18. Gabo

Gabo Registered User

Mexico
    The Chapter would have been good only with that of Acnology that to my liking, although somewhat anticlimactic, is logical and credible, since there was no other way to overcome Acnology.

I know some will say that it is nerfeo to push him, worse that was all they managed to push him and at least for me, the medium was good.

What Zeref is where I feel that the editors put a lot of hand, since it feels strange, commonly Mashima makes that type of battles finish in a more explosive way, and it feels strange that Natsu, although I use a magic that if I had used Before (Natsu's Emotional Flame that was mentioned since Erigor) was a more powerful power than the Dragon Force or the Ray of Fire Mode and maybe that's what hit some

The Chapter feels that it is a Medium term, a good ending for ichiya and a fair attack for Acno, worse an end that feels somewhat empty for Zeref.

In fact I think Lucy had a lot to do with Natsu's Power Raise, since before rewriting, Natsu could not beat Zeref, but after rewriting I even.

The same 10 chapters remain and I want to see what happened.

19. Natsu1990

Natsu1990 Registered User

United States
    Who's gonna buy their guild master

20. Angiecakes1990

Angiecakes1990 Registered User

Australia
    well since Erza was more of a stand in till they rescued Makarov its not all about power and strength but I think Laxus should be next and not because hes powerful or Makarov's grandson
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2017, Original Post Date: May 20, 2017 ---
    yeah it was because of Lucy rewriting the book he was able to beat Zeref thats why im getting worried cause it was killing her on the inside I know Gray and Happy are there with her but still