Special - Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey (Open Beta) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey (Open Beta)

If the game makes it out, do you think you will play it?

• Total voters

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For any gamers, Fairy Tail is expected to have a turn-based rpg game released late 2015. A little late now, never got a chance to post this announcement earlier as it was announed Jan. 2015 early this year.

The game is being created by Funimation Entertainment and GameSamba with Kodansha.

Basically it is a turn-base rpg where you will be taking the role of a wizard and creating your own magic. The goal of the game is supposed to be revolving the idea of "recovering your past" and it will take place in the Kingdom of Fiore. You will also be able to fight alongside FT members and befriend them. You can create a guild. You will be doing quests from the Request Board. Overall, you get to unlock and customize your spells and play in the FT world.

As a gamer, any FT game is good for me ahaa xD. Up to you though.

Again, it is expected to be released in 2015 and probably late 2015.

For more information, you can visit this official link:
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015...esamba-announce-fairy-tail-rpg-with-kodansha/

PS: I don't own any of this project and all credit goes to the respective owner of the manga creator and the game creators/publishers/developers.

milek

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I love playing rpg games. This would be great hit if they can do this. I dont play any other games beside rpg.

And FT is perfect game for that because as it now there's tons of character and thats awesome.

I will probably take someone like Natsu. ahah.

Last edited:

Kiki

Anti Toxic-Human
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I do envy Naruto games. They all are well-developed, have cool graphic, and are periodically updated. Why isn't FT like Naruto? uuurrrgghhh

DemonKing888

Reaction score
Country
United States

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hopefully with the ending of Naruto, Fairytail will have room to grow.

While I like Fighting games I hope this game looks more like the Sword Art Online games.

Uhh, I'm not sure if that is the kinda game you have in mind. I don't think this type of game is what the other people here have in mind either. Definitely not SAO or else the community will grow into millions. I would have no doubt that the game will be a big success

It's turn-based rpg, so it might be a depressing or break to ya. Some people, actually a lot of people, are not a fan of turn-based. I usually dont play it either, but hey, if it is FT, I'll probably play anything lol.

---------- Post added September 04, 2015 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was August 27, 2015 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quick update. If I am correct, the projected date has changed. Instead of late 2015, the release is gonna be expected to take place in 2016; any information can be found on GameSamba's official facebook pages.

I'll pay attention to any updates and keep you guys posted. I don't want to leave you guys hanging, especially for those that look forward or might want to play that is. I would play any FT game
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

June 9th, 2016 UPDATE:

Well, just as I said I would, I'm going to keep my word and give a quick update on the current status of the Fairy Tail RPG for any gamers out there that are still interested:

- As always, I don't own this project and all credit goes to the respective owner of the manga creator and the game creators/publishers/developers.

So anyways, from where I last left off on this thread:

- So, the official name released for this browser turn-based RPG is called "Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey", though they sometimes call it "Fairy Tail: Hero" for short.

Here is the game's logo:

-
Second, this game is still scheduled for a 2016 release. But at the moment, they are still underway in its development.

- And with the fans' latest excitement, GameSamba (one of the companies that are in charge of the game's development) has decided to start release some teasers, as per the fans' requests.

Info about the Teasers:

- First teaser was released earlier today. Basically, what they have decided is to post a silhouette of an actual character art from the game and have the fans guess which character it is. (Pretty easy for hardcore fans/addicts like us though)

- Once 50 fans guess it right on the game's official facebook page (will link it at the bottom), the full actual character art will be revealed and a new silhouette will be posted the following day.

Here are the links to their Facebook and Twitter pages, in case you want to participate in it or keep up with the news:

GameSamba's Official Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/GameSamba/

Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/FairyTailGame/

(Fairy Tail Hero's Journey Facebook Page is where you can guess the silhouettes of the characters)

Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey Twitter Page:
https://twitter.com/fairytailgs

P.S.:

* I don't use Facebook or Twitter, so I probably won't be partaking in those. I'll still be following up on them though.

But the first character released today is Bickslow.

* Don't quote me on anything of course, things can change and I don't know how long or many teasers they plan to show.

* As of the latest news, it seems GameSamba and Funimation are pretty serious about this project. And a lot of fans are hyped.

* As expected, it is still under development and any news or info can be found on their social media pages or their actual gaming website.

* Just as a reminder, it is a browser turn-based RPG, so it may not be for everyone, depending on what appeals to you.

I've never actually played a turn-based RPG myself, but I will try my best to make it in there ASAP because it is the first real Fairy Tail gaming project as of now... and I am obviously a Fairy Tail fan, otherwise I don't really know what I'm doing here...

Last edited:

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
RPG Games can be OK, look at some Final Fantasy games or Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. Still, a RPG-based FT game?? I'd much prefer a game like the Ultimate ninja series (Naruto). One Piece and Fairy Tail need good games...

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Short UPDATE:

According to their Facebook page, all of the fans' likes and comments on the silhouettes teasers and reveals will be entered into a drawing to win CBT keys when CBT is ready.

For those that don't know, CBT stands for Closed Beta Testing.

Usually when a game is being developed, the company requests volunteers to play the game before the actual release and give feedback on the game.

Most of the time, the game goes into stages, as follows:

CBT (Closed Beta Testing) ---> OBT (Open Beta Testing) ---> Season #'s / The Official Release

OBT (Open Beta Testing) is when the game is open to the public if you want to test out the game, as the name suggests.
But that doesn't come out until after some time when the CBT is released, depending on the status of the game.

So, technically, CBT (Closed Beta Testing) would be the earliest access to the game.

As for the latest silhouette, it is Ikaruga of Trinity Raven

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
A Dynasty Warriors styled FT game or one like the Ultimate Ninja Series would be a great game. RPG is too stiff for my liking and it doesn't fit the FT style. Fairy Tail is a super popular series and it's been past time they get a game for themselves. They have the roster for it.

GaLeFTFL

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cant wait to play it!

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
September 2nd, 2016 Update:

As promised, here is another update on the game.

As always, I don't own this project and all credit goes to the respective owner of the manga creator and the game creators/publishers/developers.

I literally just do this kinda stuff cuz I'm a gamer myself.

Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey has released a series of official game character artwork, but before I post those here, I'll post their new cover photo for the game. From the looks of it, it's more of a promotion photo rather than the game's official photo:

**NOTE: The date listed is their promotional booth at an event. This is NOT the date of the game's official release.

As I said, after several weeks/months, there have been many official game character artwork revealed by the game's developers. For those that don't have the time to check out Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey Facebook, I'll update you here and post the images/covers. Apparently, these are what the FT characters will be looking like in-game:

Last thing, they announced that they will take a break from Character Reveals for now.

That's because they are working on getting some game images up for us at the moment.

Fairy Tail Hero's Journey Closed Beta Test Sign-Up is now OPEN

"Players who sign up now at the official website will be given a chance to be selected as participants in the upcoming beta testing phases. In addition, players will also get updates on the game, and exclusive first looks at some of the features prior to the game’s release."

~ Gamesamba

http://fairytail.gamesamba.com/

You can sign up in the link above.

All you need to do is enter your email address and you will be notified if they choose you to participate in the beta for the game.

One last warning:

For those of you who are familiar to 2016 high technology games and graphics, don't be surprise if you feel a little let down by the game.

This is not meant to be a Naruto or SAO complex game. This is supposed to be rather very simple and allow Fairy Tail Fans to experience a first online game with the rest of the fanbase.

As a gamer, I'm predicting this will be more of a relaxed simple game and more of a social community where you can find a little bit of fun with FT.

Regardless, I signed up.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
@Nemispelled I've signed up, this seems really interesting. I know the first thing that I'm going to do is try and create a Sabertooth guild lol.

BTW, thanks for posting all of the updates, I had no idea how much news they released.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Nemispelled I've signed up, this seems really interesting. I know the first thing that I'm going to do is try and create a Sabertooth guild lol.

BTW, thanks for posting all of the updates, I had no idea how much news they released.

Thanks. From what I read about the game, you can befriend FT characters inside the game.

You can also create your own guild, and create your own magic and grow as a character.

Of course, idk how much this is going to look like, but for a first FT game, I wouldn't mind checking it out.

@Nemispelled Thank you, I have signed up.

This feels important, any chance this could be moved up into the sticky section?

Thanks. Idk how important this will be, but I am looking forward to it because it is the first FT game and I'm a FT fan and a gamer myself.

This might not be a high quality game and idk how much it will grow. If it gets popular, it could be really fun.

If there aren't enough players and the developers can't keep the game running, then the game might risk shutting down.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
OMG i wait for this :spaz: Thanks @Nemispelled :swoon
Same man, can't wait for it either.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment though.

And it sucks that the game is released when I'm pretty busy lol. Oh well, it's worth checking out when it comes out.

I wouldn't want to miss it.

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I already signed up,the game sounds good,I better get a slayer magic...Devil Slayer please....
I hope I would be OP in the game...gonna make some ppl look like fodder.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Signed up, can't wait to trash newbs with my mastery of DS magic ;)

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I managed to get the first screenshot of the game.

This of course can be found on their Facebook page as well as their websites.

As usual, I don't own this project and all credit goes to the respective owner of the manga creator and the game creators/publishers/developers.

You can keep up with updates here:

Fairy Tail: Hero's Journey Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FairyTailGame/

Here is the screenshot of the game:

Gray and Mirajane look really cool, this is not even exaggeration.

They may be my two favorite characters, but nobody can deny that they look damn badass in these images.

EDIT:

GameSamba would also like to note that the image above is subjected to change before release.

So when the game comes out, it might look slightly different from that because of updates.

CBT (Closed-Beta Testing) is still projected to commence before 2017.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
From the facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/FairyTailGame/

Dear players,

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm for Fairy Tail: Hero’s Journey! Previously, we stated the beta testing period would start at the end of this year. However, after spending time in the candidate build, we decided to change some features around, and make the game a better experience for our players.

Due to this, we will be pushing back the estimated beta date to early 2017.

As always, stay tuned to the Facebook page for any updates, and sign up for the mailing list at http://fairytail.gamesamba.com/ to get more updates as they become available – and for your chance to take part in the beta when it launches!

The Fairy Tail: Hero’s Journey team
P.S. Attached: TFW unexpected delays ruin your plans.