Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I never said it was a coincidence that he became sluggish when Lucy collapsed. I said that once Lucy no longer had the power to keep the Spirit King's gate open, the Spirit King had to use his own power to do it. That's why he was slow.
but when did that happen??? Spirit King gave Lucy Aquarius power. heck, we might say it drained him from doing that. there are many possibilities here because we don't know how much time did it pass between Lucy' collapsing and CSK being sluggish although it heavily implies it passed a few seconds after Lucy collapsed and it doesn't imply that he was using his own MP. besides, keeping yourself in mortal world shouldn't take that much power.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
but when did that happen??? Spirit King gave Lucy Aquarius power. heck, we might say it drained him from doing that. there are many possibilities here because we don't know how much time did it pass between Lucy' collapsing and CSK being sluggish although it heavily implies it passed a few seconds after Lucy collapsed and it doesn't imply that he was using his own MP. besides, keeping yourself in mortal world shouldn't take that much power.
It would have been the moment Lucy used up all the magical power given by Aquarius, so when she cast Urano Metria.

The Spirit King is not any spirit. Summoning him was the equivalent of summoning 3 Celestial Spirit, and that effort exhausted Lucy. CSK would have had to take that toll on himself when Lucy's power ran out. Also, keep in mind that simply maintaining form in the human world isn't that big of a deal. We already saw the Spirit King do that in the Loke arc. If all the Spirit King was doing is standing and talking, he can probably sustain himself for quite a long time. However, the Spirit King was also fighting Mard Geer. Think of the difference Loke had in performance when he was using his own power versus when he became Lucy's spirit.
 
Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Fastest characters:

1) Acno (blitzing Goddy)
gap
2) Laxus and Jellal (I feel Jellal will be faster by the end of the arc but meh)

No idea about 3 and below, IgNatsu, Zeref and Gildarts (to a certain extent, I'm not possessed) would be contenders.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Human Acno counts? I thought we were trying to avoid obvious choices lmao.....I had Racer and Erza with Soaring Armor pegged in my top 5 list too so well trying to be diverse:P
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Racer isn't all that fast.
Well can you count how many fast mages there are in the manga? I'm counting Racer and Jet lol:p
Just kidding though it's honestly difficult to come up with a list for fastest characters when most people in the series these days just have hax as part of their arsenal, I can't even think of any S12 members who are fast as per se:huh:
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
This was talked about before. Why is Jellal faster than Laxus?
Because I'm a Jellal fanboy, duh
Coz base Jellal is already faster than Racer, who can outrun most people in the manga, and Jellal with Meteor can control his speed unlike Laxus who's always moving at top speed, I strongly think we haven't seen Jellal ever move at his highest speed that's why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here
 

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Yeah, I feel like Hiro emphasizes how fast Jellal really is more so than with Laxus. Based on portrayal and hype I would put Jellal as faster than Laxus for now. I still feel like Laxus can beat Jellal in a fight, but that may just be me being a fanboy. :heh
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
It would have been the moment Lucy used up all the magical power given by Aquarius, so when she cast Urano Metria.

The Spirit King is not any spirit. Summoning him was the equivalent of summoning 3 Celestial Spirit, and that effort exhausted Lucy. CSK would have had to take that toll on himself when Lucy's power ran out. Also, keep in mind that simply maintaining form in the human world isn't that big of a deal. We already saw the Spirit King do that in the Loke arc. If all the Spirit King was doing is standing and talking, he can probably sustain himself for quite a long time. However, the Spirit King was also fighting Mard Geer. Think of the difference Loke had in performance when he was using his own power versus when he became Lucy's spirit.
All you're making is just assumptions , there is no such thing as csk using his own power to keep himself In the world . Lucy summon her . He is under Lucy magical power and reserves the whole time .

I think the mp that Lucy had during that times is star dress power , it's just like indirectly saying that mp is star dress mp when mashima reveal that star dress increase Lucy mp . Why would the csk gave Lucy someone else mp though . I could understand if he gave Lucy his mp but it's someone else mp . All I could see is that csk granted Lucy the ability to use star dress .
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Erza with Soaring Armor
Wasn't Erza blitzed ( maybe bad word :P ) in that Armor by Kagura ? ( yeah without even moving just by swordsmanship but still the speed wasn't that impressive if Kagura could not only block it but counter as well )


Funny thing that slashes around Erza appeared after she passes Kagura and was few meters away her how ???:P ( Second picture :P )
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Wasn't Erza blitzed ( maybe bad word :P ) in that Armor by Kagura ? ( yeah without even moving just by swordsmanship but still the speed wasn't that impressive if Kagura could not only block it but counter as well )

Yeah she was but I'm not sure whether or not to place Kagura among fastest characters in the manga...
Although she has some nice speed feats under her belt:
-Reacting to Wahl's missiles
-Reacting to Dimaria's initial attack as well
I'm 50-50 on Kagura at this point in terms of speed
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, I feel like Hiro emphasizes how fast Jellal really is more so than with Laxus. Based on portrayal and hype I would put Jellal as faster than Laxus for now. I still feel like Laxus can beat Jellal in a fight, but that may just be me being a fanboy. :heh
Nah son! Naawwww. The truth is what you see mah boi.

Jellal is the one who has to show he is on Laxus's level. Everyone keeps on talking about his amazing 'portrayal' but all I saw was him spending an entire chapter on Grand Chariot in order to take out a summoner type physically weak scrub whose main weapon was using frikkin Simon against him in the fight - and who his currently hiding behind his summons. Yukino may take him out next. Just imagine. You think he is going to have that much time against Laxus in a 1 on 1?

Laxus has consistently been showing Godly feats left and right since the timeskip and gaining power has always been Laxus's theme unlike Jellal. He was pretty much training exclusively to that effect just like Natsu and it damn well shows.

I agree Jellal is faster than Laxus but he ain't quite as strong. I'll give it a high diff fight for the lightning sensation but that is it.

You watch. Now that the hideous handicap is dealt with, when Laxus next goes all out even Gildarts will be thrown for a loop. Y'all don't even know what's comin it'll be a mothalovin storm.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Yeah she was but I'm not sure whether or not to place Kagura among fastest characters in the manga...
Although she has some nice speed feats under her belt:
-Reacting to Wahl's missiles
-Reacting to Dimaria's initial attack as well
I'm 50-50 on Kagura at this point in terms of speed
It depends on circulates that would be taking into account..
As for Dimaria attacks it double probs because it was attack on Kagura back ( you can see it by Kagura pose when she blocks attacks she's turning around and i would add here that she have draw her sword also << but this falls more to the reaction stat but speed as well :zomg)
If Erza would be among Fastest characters then I would place there Kagura as well :)
As for Racer it depends on who would he been against to as far as i'm aware Erza was able to counter his speed ( correct me if i'm wrong :P) so Kagura with Gravity transformation and that we have been told that Racer lacks psychical strength ( Gravity Transformation super effective :teehee) i would place her higher than him...

Ok I'm leaving I'm suck anyway at Power level discussion ( like some people could have spotted )
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Emperor Spriggan When Jellal fought Natsu, Natsu was having a hard time that he couldn't see Jellal. When Jellal is using meteor, he can hit his enemies, but not that hard, except when Natsu was getting outclassed before df. Laxus turns to lightning and flashes out of nowhere. He did it to Hades and Wahl when the fights started. Laxus did not go sneaking around to get behind Wahl. That's pure speed that it's as if he's teleporting. Although while moving at light speed he has never caused any damage until he turns back and has regular speed again. He also did that to the bain particle demon getting behind him twice and finishing him.

Jellal has not shown his full abilities this arc. Just Grand Chariot. Laxus is now fully healed. So there's no solid proof where things stand. But from past fights Laxus moves so fast that enemies don't see him as he moves behind them. Not as flashy as Jellal who leaves a trail of light, and has a sound to go with it in the anime. I consider Laxus faster, but speed alone doesn't determine who ranks where. In terms of just speed it has been Laxus. In this arc, both haven't layed out all their cards yet, so there's no difinitive answer. I've always seen the two as equals that would be a high diff fight, and see no reason why Jellal would have improved more than Laxus during the skip.
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
@CharaRose

Either way, the magical power that is required to open the gate has to come from somewhere. It either comes from the mage, or it comes from the spirit. If the Celestial Spirit King were to summon himself, he would have to use his own magical power to open the gate. If he's spending that extra magical power to keep the gate open, he would have less to fight with. Either way, there's no reason why having Lucy summoning him should be a handicap to his powers compared to him summoning himself. We know that keeping a gate open requires constant use of magical power. That's why Lucy was drained when trying to keep just Leo and Virgo's gates open. Crunchyroll translation says Lucy used an all out attack with Urano Metria. Mangastream translation says Lucy used every ounce of her being and soul. Both translations implied that Lucy used all the power left over by Aquarius to perform Urano Metria. The only assumption I'm making is that Urano Metria drained Lucy of her remaining magical power. That's not really a large assumption considering the way it was described, and Lucy's condition. She also collapsed from exhaustion afterwards. Naturally if Lucy had no magical power left to keep the gate open, the spirit king would be using his own.

The Japanese term used by the Spirit King to describe the power-up was アクエリアスの魔力, which literally translates to "Aquarius' magical power". You're right in that it's very likely that Lucy did receive the Aquarius star dress in Tartarus. That is exactly why we can say she was using Aquarius' magical power. Star dress allows Lucy to borrow her spirits magical power. If Lucy had Aquarius' star dress, she would be able to borrow Aquarius' mp
 
Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Nah son! Naawwww. The truth is what you see mah boi.

Jellal is the one who has to show he is on Laxus's level. Everyone keeps on talking about his amazing 'portrayal' but all I saw was him spending an entire chapter on Grand Chariot in order to take out a summoner type physically weak scrub whose main weapon was using frikkin Simon against him in the fight - and who his currently hiding behind his summons. Yukino may take him out next. Just imagine. You think he is going to have that much time against Laxus in a 1 on 1?

Laxus has consistently been showing Godly feats left and right since the timeskip and gaining power has always been Laxus's theme unlike Jellal. He was pretty much training exclusively to that effect just like Natsu and it damn well shows.

I agree Jellal is faster than Laxus but he ain't quite as strong. I'll give it a high diff fight for the lightning sensation but that is it.

You watch. Now that the hideous handicap is dealt with, when Laxus next goes all out even Gildarts will be thrown for a loop. Y'all don't even know what's comin it'll be a mothalovin storm.
I know fellow Laxus fan, I know. :cheez My "maybe I'm just a fanboy" remark was a joke. I basically agree with everything your saying here.

@bold: So basically if I see the truth then I have to spread it? That reminds a lot of Gildarts' attack Empyrean. :teehee
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
There is way too much Laxus fanboying... haven't you seen that scrub recently? Can't even open both his eyes (multiple panels) ;)

Jellal's Grand Chariot was fairly potent compared to other times he's used it in the series. Given we know he as at least 3 spells stronger than it I think the comparison to Laxus is fair. We need to see Jellal fight for real before saying for sure, and he might end up being definitely stronger. I think it's fair to give him hype because of his very possible match with Zeref, in the same way we know Natsu/Gray will have bigger fights to come as well. That's not to say Jellal's a Zeref tier.

Laxus still has reasonable hype left too, given his only DS move since the timeskip we've seen was against Hades. He's had a few panels where protecting the guild is his pledge, so if Hiro follows through with that it'd probably equate to more than killing Wahl.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Jellal and Laxus are close to/at the level of August.

As for pre-skip portrayals, I don't see the reason to follow them like a bible. The power difference is simply so great that it only matters if you're strong now, not if you're strong before. The GoI/Jura/Bluenote are testament to pre-skip portrayals vs X792 relevance.
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think it's fair to give him hype because of his very possible match with Zeref, in the same way we know Natsu/Gray will have bigger fights to come as well.
Come on now. You know he'll be used as a hype tool if he fights Zeref. It is frikkin Zeref. Natsu vs Zeref was set in stone since Lullaby arc. Heck Laxus even might fight Acnologia but obviously he'll be a hype tool as well.
 
Top