Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

How strong are the Dragon Eaters compared to members of the Spriggan 12?

• Above any of the Spriggans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So? That means Gajeel's roar is weaker than Tower Burst but stronger than Bleve. Doesn't really change that Mashima set up limitations for Pantherlily, and specifically mentioned them in that fight. Even then, Laxus still did at minimum %33 better against Gajeel than Azuma did against Pantherlily.

Erza saw FT because Tenrou gave her their power. Plus feelings :3c

Laxus wasn't too busy to smack Hades multiple times. Laxus was faster than Hades, a lot faster, and Hades was faster than Makarov. As for Erza, while using a speed enchantment her and Gray together are slower than Hades, so she's prob around Makarov's speed.

Bow? Why did Erza decide to take a nap during her battle with Azuma? People get hurt in fights, it's a thing. The reason Laxus chose not to continue fighting is stated clearly in the manga, so that's the reason.
Actually that would put tower brust near laxus roar. Then why did mishma had wendy there nehancing him.

Yes, that is correct. Tenrou after hurting erza twice gave her that power. That power was mixture of fairy tail power.

Hades was serious against marakrov. He used 25 and 100 formula. In laxus fight he just stared at laxus and pretty much allowed him to land the first hit. So i wouldnt say laxus is faster than marakrov.
Against markarov hades used all the advantages he coild get. Jupitor, shock to see his master. Hades didnt go for a fair fight against marakrov. Meanwhile he treated laxus like a brat.

You mean, using speed enhancements erza and lucy have the same speed right?

We already know how fast tenrou erza is. Her serious strikes are something markarov cant follow

He bowed, because that attack did a number on him. Unlike markarov
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Eh ok... but what does this has anything to do with what we are arguing right now???

well, that's on you then, isn't it???

manga shows us otherwise.
People see what they want to see.

It will show you that this story wont change. You raise erza powers to laxus level from the start, keep in mind mishma limitation. The story wont change
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Exactly he just contradicted himself
I don't agree with Erza saying Natsu > Erza but I believe Erza = Laxus cause she basically says so.

:huh::confused::huh::confused::huh::confused::huh::confused:
Seriously
That how bad my English is
Or
Your comprehension
:s

Seven777

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Actually that would put tower brust near laxus roar. Then why did mishma had wendy there nehancing him.

Yes, that is correct. Tenrou after hurting erza twice gave her that power. That power was mixture of fairy tail power.

Hades was serious against marakrov. He used 25 and 100 formula. In laxus fight he just stared at laxus and pretty much allowed him to land the first hit. So i wouldnt say laxus is faster than marakrov.
Against markarov hades used all the advantages he coild get. Jupitor, shock to see his master. Hades didnt go for a fair fight against marakrov. Meanwhile he treated laxus like a brat.

You mean, using speed enhancements erza and lucy have the same speed right?

We already know how fast tenrou erza is. Her serious strikes are something markarov cant follow

He bowed, because that attack did a number on him. Unlike markarov

It will show you that this story wont change. You raise erza powers to laxus level from the start, keep in mind mishma limitation. The story wont change
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Seriously
Or
Your comprehension
To help compensate his lack of a sword I'd imagine.
Not really, since Tower Burst didn't really beat Lily, he just ran out of time, it was also added on to more previous hits.

Hades stopped playing around towards the end of his fight with team Natsu.
Lol, "allowed him to land the first hit", no, Laxus was just faster. As for fighting fair against Makarov, he did, him playing with the ship first counts for nothing.

Nope

Yes he can.

So? Attacks do numbers on people, it happens. As for Makarov, he's is a tank, he can shrug off attacks that can oneshot Erza.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
No problem.

I’m trying to look at it that way, but it simply requires I ignore too much of the story. An I have trouble getting past that requirement, but I have no problem running back through them.

Gauntlets were used in the last two arcs of FT. If I’m the first person to make the argument to you, it might be time to start debating a new group of 5 Laxus fans. Cause the fact we see Laxus go directly from his battle with Wahl into the confrontation with Hades is a big deal, and goes a long way towards showing how much magic he had left. Nice argument with the amount of time, but being as we know all the other fights were happening concurrently until they confronted Neinhart, it tracks perfectly. An this arc left no questions to be asked, he literally turn around and walks over to the orb to be immediately confronted. Which isn’t comparable to an arc of fighting, followed by rest and moving around and recovering MP before the next battle.

Laxus is more powerful than Jellal, Natsu, and Erza. Not that many > but he is stronger sooo don’t see how that’s an issue. I mean he literally just beat an opponent Erza was struggling with repeatedly, with no diff. Then turned around and beat Erza too. An the only consolation is that it drained him of magic to do it back to back. Natsu needs his DF to close the gap, and Jellal is less powerful but far more versatile and faster.

If we ignore the direct comparisons to Gildarts throughout the series. An the direct comparison made to Jura during the GMG. Remember, where Makarov said he was a worthy opponent for Gildarts. Then Mira said she and Erza together couldn’t take him. I remember, it’s right in there before he loses to Laxus.

There’s a 5th possibility. Laxus or Jellal takes the victory with power to spare, so hold off on the fight until it makes sense that Erza can close the gap. An do it in a way that shows the gap still exists but makes Erza look good. Like have Laxus beat someone else first then have him beat her. So she gets a form of victory.

So again your only hope for a comparison putting her on that tier is her being allowed to do an S ranked quest as an S ranked mage. Gotta say bro, that’s feels beyond reaching.

I’m comparing them throughout. An she always came up short. An now they’ve finally fought and she came up short again bro.
They arent that many people who debate power level in fairy tail anymore :teehee
Gauntlets would mean only high stemina. Nothing more.
For example now
Laxus attack power is equal to erza attack power
Speed are equal
Durability plus endurance are equal

Laxus just has little bit more stemina. That is all.
Why is laxus fighting hades after wahl is such a big deal. Didnt wendy also fight demon gate after dimeria.
Gauntlets are common in fairy tail for natsu and erza. Tenrou is a good example, natsu and erza and gray seems to have higher stemina than even gildarts lol.

But August statement means huge difference
Serious laxus above causal laxus but causal laxus far above serios jella and natsu. You actually have to ignore huge part pf the story to agree with this. Jellal serious gc cant kill nienhart. But a causal nuke from laxus can kill ajeel. Absurd
Again laxus attack power is not above erza, atleast right now. Only his stemina is

Throughout the series laxus is barely mentioned. So laxus was compared to gildarts maybe two times, including jura hype.
In gmg sting was said be equal to or above natsu. Buchus was said to equal to erza. That arc was full of bs hype. Why should we give jura hype anymore importance than any other villain hype.

5th option. Power to spare, meaning laxus is only somewhat stronger than erza. Would still put erza on same level as laxus, my question why did erza need a victory? Why wasnt this power difference shown in ff arc.

100 quest i believe is SS rank quest or something like that

When did she come up short.
Alverzec erza performance >>> alverzec laxus performance
Tartarus erza performance > tartarus laxus performance
Gmg erza performance = gmg laxus performance
Tenrou erza performance > laxus being absent performance
Tenrou laxus performance >> tenrou wrecked erza performance
Please explain your comment, when.did erza come up short to laxus, other than now

To help compensate his lack of a sword I'd imagine.
Not really, since Tower Burst didn't really beat Lily, he just ran out of time, it was also added on to more previous hits.

Hades stopped playing around towards the end of his fight with team Natsu.
Lol, "allowed him to land the first hit", no, Laxus was just faster. As for fighting fair against Makarov, he did, him playing with the ship first counts for nothing.

Nope

Yes he can.

So? Attacks do numbers on people, it happens. As for Makarov, he's is a tank, he can shrug off attacks that can oneshot Erza.
Then why were wendy and mest there. What were they compensating for. Did gajeel mid diff pantherlily after breaking his sword?

I will give the summary of entire laxus vs hades in couple of hours, so everything can be clear

What nope, speed? Lucy and erza were pretty equal at that moment

What did markarov say in gmg about erza and kagura final strike?

No he cant. Markarov was huge. The area Jupiter covered was entirely black. Replace laxus there and he would become a black goat. Beside markarov blocked 25 right. Laxus coildnt escape from it

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
They arent that many people who debate power level in fairy tail anymore :teehee
Gauntlets would mean only high stemina. Nothing more.
For example now
Laxus attack power is equal to erza attack power
Speed are equal
Durability plus endurance are equal

Laxus just has little bit more stemina. That is all.
Why is laxus fighting hades after wahl is such a big deal. Didnt wendy also fight demon gate after dimeria.
Gauntlets are common in fairy tail for natsu and erza. Tenrou is a good example, natsu and erza and gray seems to have higher stemina than even gildarts lol.

But August statement means huge difference
Serious laxus above causal laxus but causal laxus far above serios jella and natsu. You actually have to ignore huge part pf the story to agree with this. Jellal serious gc cant kill nienhart. But a causal nuke from laxus can kill ajeel. Absurd
Again laxus attack power is not above erza, atleast right now. Only his stemina is

Throughout the series laxus is barely mentioned. So laxus was compared to gildarts maybe two times, including jura hype.
In gmg sting was said be equal to or above natsu. Buchus was said to equal to erza. That arc was full of bs hype. Why should we give jura hype anymore importance than any other villain hype.

5th option. Power to spare, meaning laxus is only somewhat stronger than erza. Would still put erza on same level as laxus, my question why did erza need a victory? Why wasnt this power difference shown in ff arc.

100 quest i believe is SS rank quest or something like that

When did she come up short.
Alverzec erza performance >>> alverzec laxus performance
Tartarus erza performance > tartarus laxus performance
Gmg erza performance = gmg laxus performance
Tenrou erza performance > laxus being absent performance
Tenrou laxus performance >> tenrou wrecked erza performance
Please explain your comment, when.did erza come up short to laxus, other than now

Then why were wendy and mest there. What were they compensating for. Did gajeel mid diff pantherlily after breaking his sword?

I will give the summary of entire laxus vs hades in couple of hours, so everything can be clear

What nope, speed? Lucy and erza were pretty equal at that moment

What did markarov say in gmg about erza and kagura final strike?

No he cant. Markarov was huge. The area Jupiter covered was entirely black. Replace laxus there and he would become a black goat. Beside markarov blocked 25 right. Laxus coildnt escape from it
What do you mean? I already told you, to compensate for his lack of sword. As for Gajeel, they stopped shortly after Lily's sword broke. Gajeel was prob at a level where he'd be able to give Azuma a high diff fight.

Lucy and Erza seemed equal because Hades outclassed them by such a large margin that the differences in their speeds didn't matter. It's like Rogue or Cobra doing as well as Gajeel against Acnologia. Everyone is an insect, so they are all more or less the same. Laxus of course was a cut above.

That he had trouble following it? Not really the same thing as not being able to see it, definitely not the same as not being able to react to it.

He can and did. Ye, he was huge. Replace Laxus there and he blocks it.
So what if Laxus got hit by 25? People take hits all the time, Erza more than anyone.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, he tanked the explosion while Wendy was enchanting him, we just didn't see it until Acno turned his attention to it.
Acno was surprised Natsu could tank his attack and then it was revealed the reason he could tank it was because Wendy was enchanting him. Natsu was getting scrubbed like everyone else in that fight, it was when he got enchanted that things changed.
No, it was way before it. We literally see Wendy enchanting herself and the others powers into Natsu after he tanked.
Where do you see him get their powers from? He wasn't glowing until after he tanked the attack which means it he tanked it with his own power.
The anime depicts the same thing.

He's also the only who forced Acno to dodge in that fight coupled with the fact that he was the only one Acno acknowledged and the last man standing means that Natsu was in a different class then the others slayers.
This goes in line with him beating Zeref at the time.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
No, it was way before it. We literally see Wendy enchanting herself and the others powers into Natsu after he tanked.
Where do you see him get their powers from? He wasn't glowing until after he tanked the attack which means it he tanked it with his own power.
The anime depicts the same thing.

He's also the only who forced Acno to dodge in that fight coupled with the fact that he was the only one Acno acknowledged and the last man standing means that Natsu was in a different class then the others slayers.
This goes in line with him beating Zeref at the time.
Nah, it's even in the panel you gave. Acno clearly asks why his attack didn't work, and then looks to Wendy with realization. His shock wasn't that Natsu was some super badass, it was that he was currently getting more powerful thanks to Wendy.
As for forcing Acno to dodge, Acno sometimes dodges he sometimes stands still. I bet you're real impressed when Jellal forced Acno to dodge while Eileen couldn't right? :)

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, it's even in the panel you gave. Acno clearly asks why his attack didn't work, and then looks to Wendy with realization. His shock wasn't that Natsu was some super badass, it was that he was currently getting more powerful thanks to Wendy.
As for forcing Acno to dodge, Acno sometimes dodges he sometimes stands still. I bet you're real impressed when Jellal forced Acno to dodge while Eileen couldn't right? :oh
Dude it was clear Natsu didn't get the powers as he didn't glow until after Wendy enchanted all their powers into him. You can see that by the energy going into Natsu after he was hit. And the scene in the anime depicts that Natsu did indeed tank the blow himself which is why he surprised by it. He then gets surprised by Wendy being able to enchant the Slayers magics into Natsu which we see when Natsu gets rainbow flames from the 6DS lol.

This Acno was straight letting them wail on him lol. It's not the same Acno that got catapulted by a ship and dodged 120mm rounds lmfao. This is the one who no sold Gajeel's sword and Laxus' punch without even budging. Both of which produce more physical force than the Christina or 120mm lead lol. In the Jellal fight he was clearly jobbing as hard as he did when he fought Makarov on Tenrou.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you mean? I already told you, to compensate for his lack of sword. As for Gajeel, they stopped shortly after Lily's sword broke. Gajeel was prob at a level where he'd be able to give Azuma a high diff fight.

Lucy and Erza seemed equal because Hades outclassed them by such a large margin that the differences in their speeds didn't matter. It's like Rogue or Cobra doing as well as Gajeel against Acnologia. Everyone is an insect, so they are all more or less the same. Laxus of course was a cut above.

That he had trouble following it? Not really the same thing as not being able to see it, definitely not the same as not being able to react to it.

He can and did. Ye, he was huge. Replace Laxus there and he blocks it.
So what if Laxus got hit by 25? People take hits all the time, Erza more than anyone.
So they compensated. Right
So that would still be equal to pantherlily of previous arc.
Someone who was boring azuma.
Gajeel can give high diff azuma :XD
After what happened to pantherlily
I guess if gmg gray can give gmg jura a high diff fight than maybe

As far i can see
Edolas gajeel > = edolas pantherlily
Tenrou enhanced pantherlily plus wendy plus mest => gajeel

Against aconologia didnt laxus perform as well as cobra.
Erza and lucy literally felt on the same level. Both i think got one hit of hades, and both took same amount of damage from hades.
Na that is just silly
Erza >>>>>> lucy
And in your mind Laxus>> erza
Erza should have shown exception better performance than lucy. But she didnt

Laxus vs hades chapter 245
Face off
Laxus draws first and hit hades twice.
Sends hades flying
Then tried to blitz flying hades with lightening body. I dont know of he gets him.
Hades finally starts to fight
Dodge laxus punch
Dodge laxus roar.
Knocks laxus back
Formula 25
Laxus somewhat escapes and hit hades
Laxus collapse

Soooo
Basically laxus only hits hades once after hades start to move :s(the fight pretty much ends the moment hades starts to move).

If he cant follow it then how can he see it or react to it :s

I have never seen laxus block anything. So how exactly does he block Jupiter cannon
So what? I am comparing speed man.
Markarov reacted and blocked the spell
Laxus couldnt block nor dodge that same spell.
Erza can move fast enough that markrov cant follow her strikes

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Idk how you guys can think that the 6DS were on Natsu's level when he was shown to be above the rest. His previous showings against Zeref pretty much put him on a pedestal the others could not reach and that was further shown when he was the only one up and able to tank a serious hit from Acno.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Because his feats against Zeref was extremely circumstantial and he can’t access that level of power consistently. On average Natsu isn’t in another class, well at least compared to Laxus and arguably Gajeel.

If you were to take that fight as your sole evidence Laxus and Gajeel are relative to Wendy...

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because his feats against Zeref was extremely circumstantial and he can’t access that level of power consistently. On average Natsu isn’t in another class, well at least compared to Laxus and arguably Gajeel.

If you were to take that fight as your sole evidence Laxus and Gajeel are relative to Wendy...
Well he had to go against Acnologia right after so he was still hyped on the PoF juice much like Erza was with her feat against Acno. I'm sure that the PoF power lasted until the end of Acno fight.

I'm not talking on average tho. I'm just saying at that point (the Acno fight) he was way above the other DS since he was still hyped off the Zeref fight. Standard Natsu however is in not on God tier status and is near Laxus level (w/o DF).

Laxus pwns natsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
@sharkai no u don’t make sense u said u don’t believe in erza statements when comes to natsu but believe her statements about laxus? That’s bias as shit ur picking and choosing which statements to accept to justify ur point. 2. Ur logic about laxus>ajeel which means laxus>>jellal doesn’t make sense because people has different durability feats u can be in the same tier without having the same amount of durability.

show me feats that doesn’t prove laxus>erza

Last edited:

GreaterForce

Reaction score
Country
England
So, where does DF Nebal rank in the grand scheme of things? Presumably above the base Dragon Eaters and the likes of Mirajane, judging by Skullion's claims in this chapter and the last. Probably below the likes of Erza and Laxus though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
So, where does DF Nebal rank in the grand scheme of things? Presumably above the base Dragon Eaters and the likes of Mirajane, judging by Skullion's claims in this chapter and the last. Probably below the likes of Erza and Laxus though.
Above Wendy's own DF. Any enemy Wendy can beat in DF Nebal can probably do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

LMAO Hiro was literally showing us Laxus >>> Erza since the start :yodawg

I'm confident that, if Erza was in Laxus' place, you would say Erza >>>> Laxus.

Seriously
Or
Your comprehension
nah, it's what you said basically.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even before that.

And yes, fire and heat based explosions. Not raw magic time fuckery of an attack
I mean the explosion looked like a regular explosion, not a whatever you just said. An the only actual spell Acnologia used was a fire/heat type spell. An since his attribute was basically magic itself, it makes sense that his regular roar looks like an Etherion blast.

Before when? Literally the only thing Natsu does that’s noteworthy is survive that attack, which is less impressive in context considering in the full fight we’re given Laxus survives as many attacks as he does, and even Wendy, Gajeel and Cobra survive direct magical attacks from Acno. So again, I’m not seeing it.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dude it was clear Natsu didn't get the powers as he didn't glow until after Wendy enchanted all their powers into him. You can see that by the energy going into Natsu after he was hit. And the scene in the anime depicts that Natsu did indeed tank the blow himself which is why he surprised by it. He then gets surprised by Wendy being able to enchant the Slayers magics into Natsu which we see when Natsu gets rainbow flames from the 6DS lol.

This Acno was straight letting them wail on him lol. It's not the same Acno that got catapulted by a ship and dodged 120mm rounds lmfao. This is the one who no sold Gajeel's sword and Laxus' punch without even budging. Both of which produce more physical force than the Christina or 120mm lead lol. In the Jellal fight he was clearly jobbing as hard as he did when he fought Makarov on Tenrou.
No it was clear that he did. You can see it by Acnos reaction.

Exactly, which is why dodging Natsu means nothing, on the other hand if you wanna admit Jellal>>>Eileen I’ll take that trade

So they compensated. Right
So that would still be equal to pantherlily of previous arc.
Someone who was boring azuma.
Gajeel can give high diff azuma :XD
After what happened to pantherlily
I guess if gmg gray can give gmg jura a high diff fight than maybe

As far i can see
Edolas gajeel > = edolas pantherlily
Tenrou enhanced pantherlily plus wendy plus mest => gajeel

Against aconologia didnt laxus perform as well as cobra.
Erza and lucy literally felt on the same level. Both i think got one hit of hades, and both took same amount of damage from hades.
Na that is just silly
Erza >>>>>> lucy
And in your mind Laxus>> erza
Erza should have shown exception better performance than lucy. But she didnt

Laxus vs hades chapter 245
Face off
Laxus draws first and hit hades twice.
Sends hades flying
Then tried to blitz flying hades with lightening body. I dont know of he gets him.
Hades finally starts to fight
Dodge laxus punch
Dodge laxus roar.
Knocks laxus back
Formula 25
Laxus somewhat escapes and hit hades
Laxus collapse

Soooo
Basically laxus only hits hades once after hades start to move :s(the fight pretty much ends the moment hades starts to move).

If he cant follow it then how can he see it or react to it :s

I have never seen laxus block anything. So how exactly does he block Jupiter cannon
So what? I am comparing speed man.
Markarov reacted and blocked the spell
Laxus couldnt block nor dodge that same spell.
Erza can move fast enough that markrov cant follow her strikes
Only for the limited time he could use that form.
Oh I don’t know if Gray can against Jura... what he can do is beat the strongest member of the Seven Kin:teehee

Exactly they’re both so weak in comparison to their foe that the differences in there strength don’t mean anything.

What I got from all that is Laxus blitzs... quite a lot.

He didn’t say he can’t. I have trouble following a punch with my eyes, but I can often react to it easily with my peripheral vision. No one fights by following each and every attack with their eyes.

Makarov blocking something Laxus got hit by doesn’t make him as fast lol, you think no ones ever blocked or dodged an attack that’s hit Erza? I can’t be stuffed looking, but I’ll prob find some pretty embarrassing results if I get around to it. Laxus blitzed Hades several times, Makarov couldn’t land a single hit, Laxus isn’t just faster, he’s leagues faster.

Last edited:

Rax

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I mean the explosion looked like a regular explosion, not a whatever you just said. An the only actual spell Acnologia used was a fire/heat type spell. An since his attribute was basically magic itself, it makes sense that his regular roar looks like an Etherion blast.

Before when? Literally the only thing Natsu does that’s noteworthy is survive that attack, which is less impressive in context considering in the full fight we’re given Laxus survives as many attacks as he does, and even Wendy, Gajeel and Cobra survive direct magical attacks from Acno. So again, I’m not seeing it.
So an attack Acnologia was serious about and Natsu still kept standing.

Gotcha.

Also that was post time eaten Acnologia