Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
Ajeel has been shown to dry out land and erza's sword(with them just touching him),which means Jura's earth magic and especially Warrods Tree/Plant would just dry out.
His sand body would make Wolfheim physical strenght useless,while Hyberion well,his magic needs further explaining.
Does he have to hold that position the whole time to use his magci? Could people who can turn their bodies into elemetns (Juvia's water body,Ajeel's body) nullify the effect? How many people can he use his magic on(1,2 or more)?Could Wendy counter it,similar how she countered Mary's magic in Avatar arc?
Magic power doesn't actually mean winning,as seen how Angeel took out Jura with ˝Ichiya˝.
I could go into more details,but why bother,when you will just ignore what I write.
Lol relax man, no need to be rude.

Ajeel's sand body is pretty much a non factor here since he got taken out by a physical attack from Erza and got hit by Jupiter as well. I don't think his intangibility is something he can keep up indefinitely and if he's being pressured by four powerful mages he's likely not going to be able to keep it up the whole battle. The same can be said for his ability to dry out things.

If Hyberion couldn't affect people with elemental bodies, had to hold that position while using his magic, and could be countered by magic similar to Wendy's, there would be no way in hell that he'd be a GOI. We can only assume that he doesn't have any of these restrictions because if he did then he would be a rather easy person to beat and he wouldn't be ranked #2 in the entire country.

Angel took out Jura because she caught him completely by surprise. If Jura was aware that "Ichiya" was actually Gemini there's no way he would have been taken out.
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Lol relax man, no need to be rude.

Ajeel's sand body is pretty much a non factor here since he got taken out by a physical attack from Erza and got hit by Jupiter as well. I don't think his intangibility is something he can keep up indefinitely and if he's being pressured by four powerful mages he's likely not going to be able to keep it up the whole battle. The same can be said for his ability to dry out things.

If Hyberion couldn't affect people with elemental bodies, had to hold that position while using his magic, and could be countered by magic similar to Wendy's, there would be no way in hell that he'd be a GOI. We can only assume that he doesn't have any of these restrictions because if he did then he would be a rather easy person to beat and he wouldn't be ranked #2 in the entire country.

Angel took out Jura because she caught him completely by surprise. If Jura was aware that "Ichiya" was actually Gemini there's no way he would have been taken out.
His elemental body isn't active the whole time,but it would easily allow him to evade some attacks and Erza only hit him with the water sword (his weakness) and with her Nakagami armor which can bend magic.Now about Jupiter,can't really say anything about that,but the whole arc has so many plot holes in the fights. GS won the 1.round against the 4WS,right?And when he fought with them in 2.round they're were suprised by his dragon slyaer magic,but this leaves the questioon,with the hell did he beat them in the ,1.round?
You aren't giving Ajeel enough credit for what he has done and feats he has shown.

All magic has weaknesses.Is just foolish to assume that he doesn't have atleast one weakness.How would Serena even counter that?When he used it on him Serena feel to the ground (seemed to be in pain) and didn't do aynthing,until he shattered the ground and Hyberion either had lost concentration (whic he needs to use his magic) or dodge and lost the hand-pose(which is needed) or maybe both.

Well that's the point.Battles are much more then brute force and magic power,it's how you use the situation to your advantage.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
You're all acting line Ajeel couldn't have beaten the 4WS.
Ajeel was defeated by a suprise attack from miles away and blocked the first one easily.
Yep, that's exactly my point, Ajeel couldn't have beaten the 4WS. And if anything, not fodderize them at least.

Jura alone is at the very least at the same level as Erza if not higher, meaning that if that had been Jura by himself fighting Ajeel instead or Erza then Ajeel would have lost as well. Add three more incredibly powerful mages (yea, one of them is a tree, but his magic is still really powerful) who are all above Juras level and there's no way in hell that Ajeel's winning. Erza is strong for sure but she's definitely not on the same tier as the GOI.
What he said.

Ajeel has been shown to dry out land and erza's sword(with them just touching him),which means Jura's earth magic and especially Warrods Tree/Plant would just dry out.
His sand body would make Wolfheim physical strenght useless,while Hyberion well,his magic needs further explaining.
Does he have to hold that position the whole time to use his magci? Could people who can turn their bodies into elemetns (Juvia's water body,Ajeel's body) nullify the effect? How many people can he use his magic on(1,2 or more)?Could Wendy counter it,similar how she countered Mary's magic in Avatar arc?
Magic power doesn't actually mean winning,as seen how Angeel took out Jura with ˝Ichiya˝.
I could go into more details,but why bother,when you will just ignore what I write.
Quite true about Warrod's magic, it may be rendered useless; however, Jura's is a good counter since rocks are already dry. Wolfheim's strength is not all he might have for all we know. Otherwise he should be on Elfman tier and we all know that's not how it works. One does not become a GoI just for having brute strength.

Of course intellect always plays a role in winning. Look at Lucy, without which they couldn't have defeated Jacob. Lucy is the perfect example for the argument of winning battles against superior enemies. We're focusing on whether Ajeel could or couldn't beat the 3 GoI + Jura, and I think we'll all pretty much agree he couldn't.

I will ignore nothing you write... we're debating here... Just give me an argument of how are Erza and a jupiter shot more powerful than the 3 GoI + Jura...

His elemental body isn't active the whole time,but it would easily allow him to evade some attacks and Erza only hit him with the water sword (his weakness) and with her Nakagami armor which can bend magic.Now about Jupiter,can't really say anything about that,but the whole arc has so many plot holes in the fights. GS won the 1.round against the 4WS,right?And when he fought with them in 2.round they're were suprised by his dragon slyaer magic,but this leaves the questioon,with the hell did he beat them in the ,1.round?
Yeah... I assume Base Serena has some kind of magic that is what put him on n #1 on Ishgar. I think DS magic came later, maybe when he was already in Alvarez or something. So yeah, he must have a pretty strong magic that we're not aware of. Similarly, I'd give Wolfheim the benefit of the doubt.

You aren't giving Ajeel enough credit for what he has done and feats he has shown.
But on the contrary, Ajeel was a formidable magician. It's just that he got beaten by a jupiter canon. A jupiter direct hit should be capable of putting down most people, but not a Spriggan... This shows his durability wasn't that high. But yeah, he has amazing feats. I'm just saying he couldn't beat the 4 WS.

All magic has weaknesses.Is just foolish to assume that he doesn't have atleast one weakness.How would Serena even counter that?When he used it on him Serena feel to the ground (seemed to be in pain) and didn't do aynthing,until he shattered the ground and Hyberion either had lost concentration (whic he needs to use his magic) or dodge and lost the hand-pose(which is needed) or maybe both.
Yes, finally the 4 WS were being capable of subjugating base GS. But in the end, with his DS magic, he just fodderized them...

Well that's the point.Battles are much more then brute force and magic power,it's how you use the situation to your advantage.
True, a perfect example being Neinhart. A lot of MP, an interesting ability, but fodderized. Same goes for Bradman... 9 amazing curses, he doesn't use them properly...
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Ajeel has show better durability then GS so far.
GS was what hit by rocks,punched and used vampire magic on.
Ajeel he a few times by Erza's swords,Jupiter cannon,which is pretty impressive.
He was shown to dry out land when he was after team and Natsu and don't forget the gigant sand wave.
GS could potentionaly defeat Ajeel because he knows water magic,but that doesn't he's superior to him (look at how Marin made both Erza and Lucy his bitch,when they are stornger them him).
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Ajeel has show better durability then GS so far.
GS was what hit by rocks,punched and used vampire magic on.
Ajeel he a few times by Erza's swords,Jupiter cannon,which is pretty impressive.
He was shown to dry out land when he was after team and Natsu and don't forget the gigant sand wave.
GS could potentionaly defeat Ajeel because he knows water magic,but that doesn't he's superior to him (look at how Marin made both Erza and Lucy his bitch,when they are stornger them him).
Hmmm that may be true, yes... feat wise, we haven't seen the extent of God Serena's durability since he died too early.
GS being hit by rocks, by Warrod's speedy and thick trees or by Wolfheim seemed to do him no harm at all. However Erza's sword (since it was a good counter, I assume) managed to actually harm Ajeel. So in that regard, I take GS as the winner in terms of durability just in that feat.
GS wasn't hit by a Jupiter Canon but he got a little damage when Hyberion used his magic. I'm not sure if GS could've tanked a Jupiter but I don't think Jupiter should be that much of a threat by now, after so much's happened. I mean, Erza tanked it and was KOed for a little, but in Tenrou Makarov in titan form could pretty much tank it which puts Makarov's durability above Ajeel based on that feat (which I don't believe).

And yes, I consider Ajeel a very very dangerous opponent (the sand giant, assimilation, giant sandstorm, drying you out, partial intangibility) it's just that I "can't" see him on GS's league (due to the fact I can't see Ajeel defeating the 4 WS).

As for the Marin argument... hmm yes... In terms of MP, Marin mustn't have too much, since Lucy was capable of "copying it" (making his amount of MP equal or inferior to Lucy's). However, his skills and how he used them were spriggan-level. I mean, he damaged FT more than even Jacob LOL. So, sometimes not the strongest magician is the one who's going to win, that's for sure (many examples, Jura vs Angel; Lucy vs Jacob; etc.)

The reason I can't see Ajeel on GS's tier is very simple. It's a matter of powerscaling rather than feats. While Ajeel's feats may've been more impressive than GS's, I don't believe the former could've beaten the 4 WS, whereas the latter was toying with them. But I agree with you that Ajeel's feats may be a bit superior. This is because GS died too soon to show his true potential.
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Hmmm that may be true, yes... feat wise, we haven't seen the extent of God Serena's durability since he died too early.
GS being hit by rocks, by Warrod's speedy and thick trees or by Wolfheim seemed to do him no harm at all. However Erza's sword (since it was a good counter, I assume) managed to actually harm Ajeel. So in that regard, I take GS as the winner in terms of durability just in that feat.
GS wasn't hit by a Jupiter Canon but he got a little damage when Hyberion used his magic. I'm not sure if GS could've tanked a Jupiter but I don't think Jupiter should be that much of a threat by now, after so much's happened. I mean, Erza tanked it and was KOed for a little, but in Tenrou Makarov in titan form could pretty much tank it which puts Makarov's durability above Ajeel based on that feat (which I don't believe).

And yes, I consider Ajeel a very very dangerous opponent (the sand giant, assimilation, giant sandstorm, drying you out, partial intangibility) it's just that I "can't" see him on GS's league (due to the fact I can't see Ajeel defeating the 4 WS).

As for the Marin argument... hmm yes... In terms of MP, Marin mustn't have too much, since Lucy was capable of "copying it" (making his amount of MP equal or inferior to Lucy's). However, his skills and how he used them were spriggan-level. I mean, he damaged FT more than even Jacob LOL. So, sometimes not the strongest magician is the one who's going to win, that's for sure (many examples, Jura vs Angel; Lucy vs Jacob; etc.)

The reason I can't see Ajeel on GS's tier is very simple. It's a matter of powerscaling rather than feats. While Ajeel's feats may've been more impressive than GS's, I don't believe the former could've beaten the 4 WS, whereas the latter was toying with them. But I agree with you that Ajeel's feats may be a bit superior. This is because GS died too soon to show his true potential.
So how being entraped by trees,being punched and hit by solid rock > then being sliced by sword(he was bleeding) and hit by jupiter cannon?
Jupiter isn't a threat if you it's coming,but if you're hit by suprise you bound to tak damage.It's true that Erza tanked it,but don't forget she used her stronegst defensive armor. Maybe Makraov has durability,what the use when he was nearly mumufied under Ajeels sand? Just because Makarov is more durable,doesn't mean Ajeel has a low durability.

Well Lucy's magic power (Saggitarius form) and Gray's(devil form) left Makrov astonished,so I wouldn't say that his MP was low since he's on Bradish's squad.The main cast powered up and I do belive they greatly surpassed themselves in Tartarous arc.

Well,I don't see him losing against the 4WS,which in my eye are medium tier. I mean in certain matchups certain fairy tail members could easily solo them in 1 vs1 fight.In my eye most of the main fairy tail members already surpassed the WS ( Erza,Natus,Jella,Gray,Laxus,Mira,(Gajeel's new mode),Juvia...
They were the strogest,but now a new generation is taking over.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
So how being entraped by trees,being punched and hit by solid rock > then being sliced by sword(he was bleeding) and hit by jupiter cannon?
Jupiter isn't a threat if you it's coming,but if you're hit by suprise you bound to tak damage.It's true that Erza tanked it,but don't forget she used her stronegst defensive armor. Maybe Makraov has durability,what the use when he was nearly mumufied under Ajeels sand? Just because Makarov is more durable,doesn't mean Ajeel has a low durability.

Well Lucy's magic power (Saggitarius form) and Gray's(devil form) left Makrov astonished,so I wouldn't say that his MP was low since he's on Bradish's squad.The main cast powered up and I do belive they greatly surpassed themselves in Tartarous arc.

Well,I don't see him losing against the 4WS,which in my eye are medium tier. I mean in certain matchups certain fairy tail members could easily solo them in 1 vs1 fight.In my eye most of the main fairy tail members already surpassed the WS ( Erza,Natus,Jella,Gray,Laxus,Mira,(Gajeel's new mode),Juvia...
They were the strogest,but now a new generation is taking over.
Yes, he was entraped by trees, I don't know why he wasn't actually "hit" by trees... but as for rocks, well, being punched by rocks can be more deadly than being sliced by a sword...

OK, Jura's rocks are not as hard as taking a jupiter cannon, I guess; but maybe Wolfheim's magic was. How could we know? Still, even if jupiter was far more powerful than anything GS had to resist, we won't know if his durability is lower or higher than Ajeel's so I don't think it's worth discussing.

But if you're puting Makarov's durability above Ajeel's, I want to bet on GS being more durable as well. Again, we cannot know...

Well, actually what left Makarov astonished was Gray's new magic power. As for Lucy, he only claimed that "she was completely different than a year ago", which doesn't directly imply her MP went to overwhelming levels just that she has improved a lot... I'm not saying her MP is low, especially since having MP on the level or above the right hand of a spriggan who managed to toy with Lucy, Erza, Natsu and Gray is, well, amazing!

Yes, they definetely surpassed themselves if compared to their Tartaros counterparts. I mean I don't think there's a single mague in FT who hasn't improved (except for the fodders like Jet, Droy, Macao, etc.)

I could agree Erza, Natsu, Jellal, Gray, Laxus, Mira or DF Gajeel (not Juvia) are WS tiers, but not GoI tiers (except for Natsu, Jellal, Laxus and DF gajeel). For me, Hyberion is above all of them except for Laxus (and probably Jellal and DF Gajeel too)... But this is just assumption, portrayal and powerscaling, since we haven't seen much from him :(

So, as for Ajeel pulling a win against the 4WS, we'll just have to agree to disagree :P
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Yes, he was entraped by trees, I don't know why he wasn't actually "hit" by trees... but as for rocks, well, being punched by rocks can be more deadly than being sliced by a sword...

OK, Jura's rocks are not as hard as taking a jupiter cannon, I guess; but maybe Wolfheim's magic was. How could we know? Still, even if jupiter was far more powerful than anything GS had to resist, we won't know if his durability is lower or higher than Ajeel's so I don't think it's worth discussing.

But if you're puting Makarov's durability above Ajeel's, I want to bet on GS being more durable as well. Again, we cannot know...

Well, actually what left Makarov astonished was Gray's new magic power. As for Lucy, he only claimed that "she was completely different than a year ago", which doesn't directly imply her MP went to overwhelming levels just that she has improved a lot... I'm not saying her MP is low, especially since having MP on the level or above the right hand of a spriggan who managed to toy with Lucy, Erza, Natsu and Gray is, well, amazing!

Yes, they definetely surpassed themselves if compared to their Tartaros counterparts. I mean I don't think there's a single mague in FT who hasn't improved (except for the fodders like Jet, Droy, Macao, etc.)

I could agree Erza, Natsu, Jellal, Gray, Laxus, Mira or DF Gajeel (not Juvia) are WS tiers, but not GoI tiers (except for Natsu, Jellal, Laxus and DF gajeel). For me, Hyberion is above all of them except for Laxus (and probably Jellal and DF Gajeel too)... But this is just assumption, portrayal and powerscaling, since we haven't seen much from him :(

So, as for Ajeel pulling a win against the 4WS, we'll just have to agree to disagree :P
Actaully he said ˝What's this..Gray's magic!!And...Lucy's too!!?It's nothing like a year back!!!˝
Well,you really exclude Juvia.Just by her siera-form she can evade Wolfheims and Warrods assults.Even if they have higher magic power,doesn't mean they're gonna win.
4WS are a total let down from my perspective.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Actaully he said ˝What's this..Gray's magic!!And...Lucy's too!!?It's nothing like a year back!!!˝
Well,you really exclude Juvia.Just by her siera-form she can evade Wolfheims and Warrods assults.Even if they have higher magic power,doesn't mean they're gonna win.
4WS are a total let down from my perspective.
Juvia can evade purely physical attacks, but magic-imbued attacks are another story. She'd be affected by Wolfheim's and Warrod's assaults as much as she'd be affected by Mira or Elfman's takeovers. Besides, we don't know if Wolfheim has a purely physical takeover (Elfman-like) or he also has other tricks up his sleeve (Mira-like, blasts and the like).

Juvia might be beginning-of-FT-Erza tier. That Erza wasn't WS tier, still. But WS tier for Juvia... a bit too much IMO.

And agreed, 4WS = Sheer let down :( They were so goddamn hyped... and they fell like flies.
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Juvia can evade purely physical attacks, but magic-imbued attacks are another story. She'd be affected by Wolfheim's and Warrod's assaults as much as she'd be affected by Mira or Elfman's takeovers. Besides, we don't know if Wolfheim has a purely physical takeover (Elfman-like) or he also has other tricks up his sleeve (Mira-like, blasts and the like).

Juvia might be beginning-of-FT-Erza tier. That Erza wasn't WS tier, still. But WS tier for Juvia... a bit too much IMO.

And agreed, 4WS = Sheer let down :( They were so goddamn hyped... and they fell like flies.
Juvia can evade psyhical attack or anything that has a solid form.As seen with Gray's Ice Lance,so punches,earth and treer roots/braches should be evadable (unlike fire or thunder).

False.She shiuld easily evade all atracks from Elfman.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
You're right, I was thinking of the movie where she is hit by magical bullets and she says that she won't be hurt by anything physical; when she's hurt she says: "magical bullets?" but I don't think we can consider the movie canon.

And... this too :S
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ajeel has an AoE advantage, but his attacks are quite easy to overpower. Ajeel's sands of death was scattered by one of Laxus' lightning bolts. Any of Serena's dragon slaying attacks should be on the same level as Laxus' bolt. Ajeel's lion's pit was burned by Natsu's fire, and Serena has the ability to do the same thing. Serena's purgatory ds would also allow him to hit Ajeel, as Natsu was able to hit Ajeel with it. With the exception of Sand World, Erza was able to use Wind Gods armor to scatter Ajeel's sands. God Serena can easily use gale dragon slaying attacks to achieve the same thing. The only major advantage Ajeel has is sands world, but even then god Serena can just conjure up a storm within sand world to clear a line of sight in his immediate area.

In terms of damage, God Serena has the clear advantage. He was able to wipe the floor with the Ishgar Saints without even resorting to his dragon slaying magic. There's a chance that God Serena qualified as a Spriggan 12 without revealing that this was in his arsenal. If that was the case, then God Serena might actually be stronger than your average Spriggan (though weaker than August/Irene). Durability is where things become murky. None of the Ishgar Saints have superb feats under their belts, but it should be noted that Jura was able to push Laxus to an extreme difficulty back in the GMG. A single one of Jura's palmstrikes could oneshot Orga, who had the highest magical power out of anyone in Sabertooth. God Serena's total stomp-down of 4 Jura+ level opponents proves either that his durability is insane, or that he was so in control of the situation that the Ishgar Saints never managed to get a hit in. Either way, the end result was that God Serena did better against the Ishgar Saints than Ajeel did against Erza. He also did better than Erza in terms of fighting multiple opponents, as shown by Erza's performance in fighting her Historia. I am willing to say that Ajeel can probably beat the Ishgar Saints, but I'm not willing to say that he would stomp them in the same way God Serena did.

From the looks of it, August has now absorbed God Serena's power. We'll probably get to see the remaining elements that we didn't see, as well as get a sense of the full extent of Serena's abilities.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Juvia can evade purely physical attacks, but magic-imbued attacks are another story. She'd be affected by Wolfheim's and Warrod's assaults as much as she'd be affected by Mira or Elfman's takeovers. Besides, we don't know if Wolfheim has a purely physical takeover (Elfman-like) or he also has other tricks up his sleeve (Mira-like, blasts and the like).

Juvia might be beginning-of-FT-Erza tier. That Erza wasn't WS tier, still. But WS tier for Juvia... a bit too much IMO.

And agreed, 4WS = Sheer let down :( They were so goddamn hyped... and they fell like flies.
I don't have Juvia on beginning of series Erza's level. Beginning of series Erza was basically a wizard saint level. Tower of Heaven happened a few months after Phantom, and that happened a few days after Galuna.

Juvia, I have on GMG Wendy's level. Base mode.
 
Last edited:

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Ajeel has an AoE advantage, but his attacks are quite easy to overpower. Ajeel's sands of death was scattered by one of Laxus' lightning bolts. Any of Serena's dragon slaying attacks should be on the same level as Laxus' bolt. Ajeel's lion's pit was burned by Natsu's fire, and Serena has the ability to do the same thing. Serena's purgatory ds would also allow him to hit Ajeel, as Natsu was able to hit Ajeel with it. With the exception of Sand World, Erza was able to use Wind Gods armor to scatter Ajeel's sands. God Serena can easily use gale dragon slaying attacks to achieve the same thing. The only major advantage Ajeel has is sands world, but even then god Serena can just conjure up a storm within sand world to clear a line of sight in his immediate area.

In terms of damage, God Serena has the clear advantage. He was able to wipe the floor with the Ishgar Saints without even resorting to his dragon slaying magic. There's a chance that God Serena qualified as a Spriggan 12 without revealing that this was in his arsenal. If that was the case, then God Serena might actually be stronger than your average Spriggan (though weaker than August/Irene). Durability is where things become murky. None of the Ishgar Saints have superb feats under their belts, but it should be noted that Jura was able to push Laxus to an extreme difficulty back in the GMG. A single one of Jura's palmstrikes could oneshot Orga, who had the highest magical power out of anyone in Sabertooth. God Serena's total stomp-down of 4 Jura+ level opponents proves either that his durability is insane, or that he was so in control of the situation that the Ishgar Saints never managed to get a hit in. Either way, the end result was that God Serena did better against the Ishgar Saints than Ajeel did against Erza. He also did better than Erza in terms of fighting multiple opponents, as shown by Erza's performance in fighting her Historia. I am willing to say that Ajeel can probably beat the Ishgar Saints, but I'm not willing to say that he would stomp them in the same way God Serena did.

From the looks of it, August has now absorbed God Serena's power. We'll probably get to see the remaining elements that we didn't see, as well as get a sense of the full extent of Serena's abilities.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't have Juvia on beginning of series Erza's level. Beginning of series Erza was basically a wizard saint level. Tower of Heaven happened a few months after Phantom, and that happened a few days after Galuna.

Juvia, I have on GMG Wendy's level. Base mode.
I agree with almost everything on GS and Ajeel, but I strongly disagree on Juvia.

Beginning of series Erza's level was not WS, it was relatively close to WS. Erza probably reached the level of a WS by the second origin awakening.

Back in the GMG, Juvia was a couple of tiers above base Wendy. And a tier and a half above Chelia. I mean, there are numbers that prove it, but it is obvious since she's closer to her prime, and she's a very capable mague. Currently, Juvia should compare to pseudo DF Wendy (NOT complete DF Wendy).

Stats of Juvia during the GMG

Attack: 3/5
Defense: 5/5
Speed: 4/5
Intelligence: 3/5

Chelia's

Attack: 3/5
Defense: 3/5
Speed: 2/5
Intelligence: 4/5

Wendy's are not stated, but she should be one point below in terms of attacks or defense so, yeah, a couple of tiers below.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
You're right, I was thinking of the movie where she is hit by magical bullets and she says that she won't be hurt by anything physical; when she's hurt she says: "magical bullets?" but I don't think we can consider the movie canon.

And... this too :S
Yea I don't think the plotline itself of the move is canon but the rules and restrictions should be. Whatever's stated in the movie about Juvia's capabilities should be consistent with the series as a whole. If Juvia was impervious to all attacks, physical and magical, she'd be way op lmao
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Wow, you hold DF Natsu at a really high standard. I think August should be > any version of Natsu except for his Igneel Dragon King mode.
Not all DF, just Natsu's. If it's anything like the movie promo poster, then he'll be half dragonised. I think the boost will be greater than for Wendy. And given Natsu in his base form is close to Spriggan level, then I imagine DF can eclipse even the best Spriggans.

I actually expect DF > IgNatsu
 

Solitrine

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
369
Reaction score
1,425
Age
28
Country
Australia
I agree with almost everything on GS and Ajeel, but I strongly disagree on Juvia.

Beginning of series Erza's level was not WS, it was relatively close to WS. Erza probably reached the level of a WS by the second origin awakening.

Back in the GMG, Juvia was a couple of tiers above base Wendy. And a tier and a half above Chelia. I mean, there are numbers that prove it, but it is obvious since she's closer to her prime, and she's a very capable mague. Currently, Juvia should compare to pseudo DF Wendy (NOT complete DF Wendy).

Stats of Juvia during the GMG

Attack: 3/5
Defense: 5/5
Speed: 4/5
Intelligence: 3/5

Chelia's

Attack: 3/5
Defense: 3/5
Speed: 2/5
Intelligence: 4/5

Wendy's are not stated, but she should be one point below in terms of attacks or defense so, yeah, a couple of tiers below.
If those are Jason's stats then they mean next to nothing. They are in the opinion of Jason and not the author of the series. Just look at Sting's stats compared to Natsu. Sting's stats are better than Natsu yet Natsu was able to easily stomp both Sting and Rogue at the same time.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
If those are Jason's stats then they mean next to nothing. They are in the opinion of Jason and not the author of the series. Just look at Sting's stats compared to Natsu. Sting's stats are better than Natsu yet Natsu was able to easily stomp both Sting and Rogue at the same time.
Ok, if you don't trust the numbers then use logic... Do you seriously regard GMG Wendy superior to GMG Juvia?
 

Solitrine

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
369
Reaction score
1,425
Age
28
Country
Australia
Ok, if you don't trust the numbers then use logic... Do you seriously regard GMG Wendy superior to GMG Juvia?
What are you even on about? I'm just telling you that the GMG stats aren't at all accurate and shouldn't be used. Chill out.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually expect DF > IgNatsu
Highly doubt it. Either you or I will be in for a surprise once we see Natsu unleash it.

The fact that Natsu resorted to using Igneel's power against Zeref tells me that anything else he had was inferior to it, up until that point. I can see Dragon Force Natsu being a match for a High Tier Spriggan (God Serena) but he shouldn't even be close to Zeref's level (who is above August).

Igneel-powered Natsu was pretty much Igneel's MP and his flames. Nothing that Natsu has could match the Fire Dragon King, unless he goes through dragonification which I can almost guarantee that he hasn't achieved yet.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Highly doubt it. Either you or I will be in for a surprise once we see Natsu unleash it.

The fact that Natsu resorted to using Igneel's power against Zeref tells me that anything else he had was inferior to it, up until that point. I can see Dragon Force Natsu being a match for a High Tier Spriggan (God Serena) but he shouldn't even be close to Zeref's level (who is above August).

Igneel-powered Natsu was pretty much Igneel's MP and his flames. Nothing that Natsu has could match the Fire Dragon King, unless he goes through dragonification which I can almost guarantee that he hasn't achieved yet.
Probably. I'm only speculating atm, but I really wouldn't be surprised if DF Natsu can dominate Spriggans level opponents.

Honestly I think Natsu needed to Igneel's power because it was MP just sealed there. It acted up twice (Brandish and Ajeel) just to their MP. Him racing after Zeref might just be Natsu's way of doing things, but I sometimes think he needed to use Igneel's power ASAP. It was a one time thing. And with the ethernano cancer, it seems having power like Igneel's MP in Natsu was the cause (among other power ups). My main point is having that MP in Natsu is not good for him, and it wanted to get out of him.

If God Serena is a high tier Spriggan, then so is current Natsu without DF. His FDKM is superior to what God Serena produced. God Serena's spells that he used against the Wizard Saints are probably comparable to Natsu's base attacks, at best.

IgNatsu has a relatively small amount of Igneel's MP, but I do think in the short time he used it in he might resemble what Igneel would be like as a human. Natsu probably won't achieve the same level of flames again. His current FDKM flames aren't as strong, but they're not too far off. Where DF Natsu will top IgNatsu is dragon-like physicals. DF Natsu should have better speed/strength than IgNatsu, and certainly better durability. If DF Natsu fought God Serena, I expect he'd be able to tear a hole in him just like Acnologia did.
 
Top