That would be true if Ajeel = God Serena to begin with; however, that wouldn't make sense (especially if we scale the characters correctly). What I mean here is that I will accept Ajeel being on par with God Serena as long as Laxus is on par with Erza.
Ajeel is definitely above Historia Serena, so it's an opinion as to who's attack did more damage.
I would agree that their MP are pretty much the same. But in terms of physicals and the other stats, I would rank God Serena higher.
God Serena's physicals are probably better, but not by much. I only give Serena the benefit of the doubt here because he's a dragon slayer.
Maybe. I find a few problems with the logic behind this reasoning. First of all, it's hard to gauge a full-powered attack from one that isn't because it could either be at the low end of the spectrum or right in the middle of it. Second of all, if it takes a full-powered attack from Gildarts (his best spell) just to beat Erza's strongest spell, then that would mean there isn't much of a difference between them. And this would mean that there isn't really much of a difference between Laxus and Erza either. Obviously, Gildarts and Laxus are quite stronger than Erza so it is believable that a less powerful attack from them could be stronger than Erza's strongest spell.
It is hard to gauge whether an attack is full powered, there's always going to room for error. I'm willing to accept large degrees of error because it's not like I can measure stuff, all I can do is get a general feel from the panels and compare the damage it does to people. Generally signs of exhaustion hint full power, increase cast time, or a significant bump in AoE/damage are the kinds of indicators I look for.
As for the Gildarts/Erza comparison, that would be true if Gildarts uses his best spell at full power. And it is believable that a less powerful attack from Gildarts is stronger than Erza's best (said this before) but my opinion right now is Erza's hit on Ajeel > Gildarts hit on Serena. And again Gildarts most powerful attack should be stronger than Starlight, given I place Gildarts above Erza and he's always had immense offensive power.
I still don't see how God Serena can be relative to Ajeel when Laxus is at least comparable to God Serena himself (according to your statements). That would make Laxus comparable to Ajeel who we know is more or less equal to Erza. So that would mean Laxus and Erza are essentially on par with each other.
In order for this to make sense, I would assume either God Serena has to be quite stronger than Ajeel or Laxus is stronger than everybody else (which is highly unlikely and would totally skew the power rankings). And if we inflate Laxus' power to be that high, then we could do the same for Jellal/Gildarts. So then Fairy Tail shouldn't really have any problems in dealing with Alvarez's Spriggans.
At least comparable to me is the lowest I expect Laxus to place. There's still some questions as to how strong Laxus is given the clarity (or lack of) in the Wahl fight. Is he Wahl level and won with a convenient attack? Or is he strong enough to defeat Wahl-level opponents with handicaps? If it's the former, then he's comparable to God Serena. If it's the latter, than he is much stronger than Serena. So that's the range for Laxus ie Serena =< Laxus =< mid diffing Serena.
As for the Spriggans, I don't think Jellal, Laxus or Gildarts can be soloed by anything less than a top tier Spriggan. Those are August, Irene and probably Larcade.
>Struggling against Ur
>Holding back
You can't have both in one sentence, pick one
Erza is nowhere near Spriggan level Randy, she lost to Azir and had to have Bisca bail her out, and Azir is among the weakest of the Spriggan 12..
Honestly, saying Erza and Gray are in the same level here is doing a huge disservice to Gray himself...I'm going to have to disagree with you here
Lol I guess I did make a hypocritical statement.
What I mean is Gray struggled using that level of effort. With that level of effort he wouldn't be able to beat Ur. He'd needed to try harder.
As for Erza I did make a few posts before about why I think she's close to Spriggan level. And Gray is someone who is lacking feats, or any displays worth noting to be above Erza. This should change over time when Gray actually brawls. I don't see it as a disservice to Gray as I've not applied a limit to him. I'm not expecting him to be as strong as Natsu, or DF Gajeel.
Same could be said for Lessio after he was taken out by Natsu's FDKM Demolition Fist...wait are you trying to downplay Jellal here in favor of Natsu?
Haha no, the quote I did for the post you quoted me for was about FDKM demolishing strike only hurting Jacob's nose... when in fact it KO'd him. The same thing happened with Jellal, he took out Neinhart with GC. But now they're both healthy. Same goes for Ajeel who was cut up badly. Those Spriggans were all beaten.
Even in base form? So why couldn't he finish off Lessio and Azir when he fought them one on one?
Overall, meaning everything in his arsenal. The only thing I exclude right now for Natsu is DF. If I factored that in he'd certainly be above Laxus, and likely above everyone except Acnologia and Zeref.
A Lessio who had taken up plenty of attacks before and wasn't fresh from the moment Makarov beat him out of the Guild Hall....so no, that feat doesn't count...if Natsu had used his Demolition Fist on Lessio at full health then you may have had a point...but this doesn't work in this scenario..
Also this statement:
"Probably string together multiple attacks"
I thought probabilities were disallowed in judging power levels? Until seen otherwise then Demolition Fist is the only technique Natsu has in FDKM..
Jacob was basically fine when he was punched by Makarov. He took a few hits from Lucy, Natsu and Loke, none of which did anything more than minor damage. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say he has 90+% of health after Makarov hit him. If you compare this to say God Serena, he needed 3 attacks to take out Hyberion and co and they all had injuries before that. So FDKM is better than Serena's DS powers that he showed.
Natsu has an FDK roar as well. It's very likely he has a secret art in this mode. We should see more. What I'm saying is Natsu can do more than 1 attack in the mode, he just needs an opponent who can tank it.