I honestly don't really care to argue over something so insignificant. With that said, you can have the last word. But I will state my analysis of the fight one more time. In my opinion, Hades should be considered a non-factor in Laxus' condition. After the fight with Wahl, you can see him on the verge of passing out. Refer to the bottom left panel on both pages.
Even if you want to make the claim that Hades pushed Laxus over his limit, there really isn't much of a difference from his previous condition to his final condition. Like I said, the only reason why Laxus could fight Hades in that condition is because Hades is a fodder in the current arc (especially as a historia).
i have to disagree Hades is not fodder he was using only his CHAINS againts Laxus if Hades was serious then he would use his strongest magic (Grimore Law par Fairy Law. Amaterasu 28. Amaterasu 100.) + Hades fodderized Tenrou Makarov is he fodder? and i think Chelia is probably Goi level
i have to disagree Hades is not fodder he was using only his CHAINS againts Laxus if Hades was serious then he would use his strongest magic (Grimore Law par Fairy Law. Amaterasu 28. Amaterasu 100.) + Hades fodderized Tenrou Makarov is he fodder? and i think Chelia is probably Goi level
In my opinion, Hades is fodder (Alvarez Arc). I even said Ajeel would beat him with Low-Medium Difficulty and I still stand by that.
If we're talking about timeskips, Hades is comparable to Bluenote. And the fact that we saw Base Natsu destroy Bluenote tells us that Tenrou characters are nothing but fodders now.
In terms of power, Hades is on Mard Geer's level. And even he is barely Spriggan Tier, so again, Hades is fodder.
I admit that Hades fodderizing Tenrou Makarov was a notable feat. But that was Tenrou Arc... Hades may have been a top-tier character then but not now. Neinhart's magic allows him to take memories from his opponents and create them into a physical form. And because Laxus' only memories of Hades was back on Tenrou Island, then by default, Hades is Tenrou level...
As for TO Chelia, I like to think of her being on Erza's level. Whether you think the Gods of Ishgar is on Erza's level is up to you. Personally, I do.
By the way, if you were talking about Base Chelia, I would classify her as a fodder.
In my opinion, Hades is fodder (Alvarez Arc). I even said Ajeel would beat him with Low-Medium Difficulty and I still stand by that.
If we're talking about timeskips, Hades is comparable to Bluenote. And the fact that we saw Base Natsu destroy Bluenote tells us that Tenrou characters are nothing but fodders now.
In terms of power, Hades is on Mard Geer's level. And even he is barely Spriggan Tier, so again, Hades is fodder.
I admit that Hades fodderizing Tenrou Makarov was a notable feat. But that was Tenrou Arc... Hades may have been a top-tier character then but not now. Neinhart's magic allows him to take memories from his opponents and create them into a physical form. And because Laxus' only memories of Hades was back on Tenrou Island, then by default, Hades is Tenrou level...
As for TO Chelia, I like to think of her being on Erza's level. Whether you think the Gods of Ishgar is on Erza's level is up to you. Personally, I do.
By the way, if you were talking about Base Chelia, I would classify her as a fodder.
Bluenote wrecked Wendy and Chelia with no effort...(Avatar arc) and Wendy is probably Lucy tier that means Lucy is fodder. and Goi+Jura was Easy-diffed by God Serena alone and if (TO Chelia) and erza is par Example Hyperion then Erza and To Chelia is fodder...
Bluenote wrecked Wendy and Chelia with no effort...(Avatar arc) and Wendy is probably Lucy tier that means Lucy is fodder. and Goi+Jura was Easy-diffed by God Serena alone and if Chelia and erza is par Example Hyperion then Erza and Chelia is fodder...
Also on the topic of Gray's MP from 499, he's also in base/no markings. So if Invel is worried about that level of MP, then demonised Gray is going to be higher than that. It'd be interesting if he can drop Invel in base alone. That'd flat out confirm a power up.
Bluenote wrecked Wendy and Chelia with no effort...(Avatar arc) and Wendy is probably Lucy tier that means Lucy is fodder. and Goi+Jura was Easy-diffed by God Serena alone and if Chelia and erza is par Example Hyperion then Erza and Chelia is fodder...
Actually, I think I said this in another thread before, but I don't think Base Wendy is on Lucy's level. I put DF Wendy on Lucy's level though. Lucy and DF Wendy are technically fodder though. Look at Wendy's performance against Dimaria and Lucy's against Jacob.
As for God Serena, I am among the group who classifies him as a High Tier Spriggan. In my opinion, the Gods of Ishgar + Jura are around Erza's level (average). Jura is probably a little weaker than Erza and Hyberion is probably a little stronger than Erza. With that said, since Erza is considered to be on the level of a Low-Medium Tier Spriggan, then I can see why God Serena destroyed them.
Unlike you, I don't consider Hyberion fodder. So that means Erza isn't either. But Chelia is. Truth be told, I can understand if the Gods of Ishgar indeed held back on God Serena. They probably weren't comfortable in killing a long-lost ally. God Serena, on the other hand, could care less about them. He betrayed them a long time ago.
Also on the topic of Gray's MP from 499, he's also in base/no markings. So if Invel is worried about that level of MP, then demonised Gray is going to be higher than that. It'd be interesting if he can drop Invel in base alone. That'd flat out confirm a power up.
Well you see, nakama power is a sacred force that defies a lot of things and no "villain" is safe from this, so for Gray to potentially beat Invel in base running of the nakama feels is plausible, but I think it'd leave a poor taste in a lot of people's mouths. Personally, I hope that Gray will still have to fight hard to take Invel out, even with the nakama power boost as Invel has had quite the impact thus far and I'd think his durability would be decent enough to not be too phased with what Gray will throw at him, but then again, you never know. His durability might be his weak point like it is for Jellal and thus he can be taken out with a few shots which I hope isn't the case.
As for God Serena, I am among the group who classifies him as a High Tier Spriggan. In my opinion, the Gods of Ishgar + Jura are around Erza's level (average). Jura is probably a little weaker than Erza and Hyberion is probably a little stronger than Erza. With that said, since Erza is considered to be on the level of a Low-Medium Tier Spriggan, then I can see why God Serena destroyed them.
Wtf
Wish someone would say
"Jura is probably a little weaker than Laxus and Hyberion is probably a little stronger than Laxus."
But the way Laxus is loved that will probably never happen
Anyway, since Laxus soloed Wahl in a funny way and jellal one shot Neinhart, and the way gray is leaking, if we are to assume gray one shots invel. How would you guys rank them.
Sure gray got feeling boost, but didn't jellal also got feeling boost at that time
Wtf
Wish someone would say
"Jura is probably a little weaker than Laxus and Hyberion is probably a little stronger than Laxus."
But the way Laxus is loved that will probably never happen
Trust me, when I rank characters, I try to be as fair as possible. I don't pay attention to favorites.
Technically, you can say Hyberion is on Laxus' level. Since I said Hyberion is a little stronger than Erza (who is on the level of a Low-Medium Spriggan Tier), then that would essentially mean Hyberion is comparable to a Medium Tier Spriggan. And in my opinion, Laxus is on the level of a Medium Tier Spriggan.
As for Jura, I said he is a little weaker than Erza. So just like my previous explanation, that means he is probably on the level of a Low Tier Spriggan. In other words, he is on par with the likes of Neinhart and Jacob.
Trust me, when I rank characters, I try to be as fair as possible. I don't pay attention to favorites.
Technically, you can say that Hyberion is on Laxus' level. In my opinion, Laxus is similar to a Medium Tier Spriggan. And I said Hyberion is a little stronger than Erza who is on the level of a Low-Medium Spriggan Tier... Essentially, that means Hyberion is Medium Spriggan Tier. As for Jura, I said he is a little weaker than Erza. So again, that means he is probably on the level of a Low Tier Spriggan (like Neinhart and Jacob).
Well as some have pointed out, Invel might be more scared of Gray being alive more than his MP.
I think the 1st shiver from Invel (before he turns around) indicates he sense a lot of MP and/or he senses the darkness/rage in Gray. Keeping in mind darkness is a source of power, if Gray has awakened that he could be OP to whatever level Mashima needs Gray to be (for the fight with END). Note - Gray probably won't ever get as strong as END because he has the most effective magic to combat END. Gray could get Spriggan level MP though through the power up, but I doubt he gets to Irene level. My guess
I like to think of Ajeel as a Medium Tier Spriggan. I ranked Erza on the level of a Low-Medium Tier Spriggan because she was just a notch below Ajeel.
As for the gap between the Spriggan tiers, I don't think its too big but it definitely isn't so small to the point negligible either. Basically, I don't agree with the previous hype that all the Spriggans are equal.
So to answer your question, I would say God Serena defeats Ajeel with Medium-High Difficulty.
Wish someone would say
"Jura is probably a little weaker than Laxus and Hyberion is probably a little stronger than Laxus."
But the way Laxus is loved that will probably never happen
People can rank how they want to, but Hyberion is probably stronger than Laxus is unlikely to be said.
Imo, the only thing Hyberion could edge Laxus on is MP. After that Hyberion's combat skills suffer. His performance against Serena (with help) wasn't great. To be honest Hyberion is not a good a fighter as Erza.
Laxus does get a lot of love and overrated a bit, but that's mainly because his feats are quite substantial. He also doesn't suffer from being underrated that often, unlike other characters who do (half the Spriggans and Erza mainly get underrated imo).
Why do people think Jellal is Laxus level? This is a serious question I've been asking myself this entire time.
Pre-ts
Beats 4 OS members (that's basic).
Skirmished off against Jura (not really anything).
Post-ts
Oneshots Neinhart after all his Historia were already defeated by Erza. (Not to mention he was KOed prior by a pretty weak ass attack from literally the weakest S12).
I've been seriously just sitting here and wondering wth Jellal has done to put him on Laxus level? Big attacks doesn't mean they're stronger attacks and spells like Abyss Break are pretty fodder in current era. Even Pre-TS DF Sting's roar can match off against a weapon that can destroy Saber's hometown lol. I think people forget there's is a thing called potency when it comes to smaller attacks vs bigger attacks debates.
Do you guys think he's close to Laxus bcs of portrayal? As his feats aren't stacking up lol. Him and Laxus were also never portrayed to be equals either. I'm curious where this Jellal hype is coming from.
How does it increase his MP, ie the amount of ethernano in his magic container? There can be explanations, like dragon physiology allowing a greater intake of ethernano... but it's speculation right now.
Wizards can increase their magic pressure. It happens a bit. I don't think it's explained... but you can see when wizards power up a bit others will sense a change. This is not increasing their MP in the sense that they're acquiring more ethernano.
I understand that DF Natsu consumes more MP to compensate for Attack Power. But both can be true. He can get an increase in Magic Power and MP consumption rate.
Nastu's physicals shouldn't change that much as of right now. He hasn't dragonized yet. And even if Natsu can overwhelm Mard Geer with better physicals, then Gray can overwhelm Mard Geer with better magic power.
His physical strength goes up to the point that jumping gives him Meteor+ speed, and his punches launch Mard flying.
Gray has more MP than DF Natsu, but he cannot consume at the rate DF Natsu can, is how I see it. This is similar to the difference between being base, and being in a spell mode like LFD.
My point in that post was that LFD Natsu already loses to Silver when it comes to MP. Once Natsu attains Dragon Force, he pulls ahead of Silver. But how much farther ahead is he? That is the question. Personally, I don't see how it is logically possible for Natsu to have more MP than Gray and Silver combined. In a sense, that is even more than Mard Geer. Besides, that's a lot of area to cover. First, Natsu would have to make up a certain amount just to be on par with Silver. Then he would have to have more MP than Base Gray (who is still at full magic power).
I'd say the difference between DF Natsu and Silver is about the difference between EF Mard and Silver if we exclude DeS efficiency. Natsu's DF is restricted by his MP... this is not a power output but duration problem for Natsu. That's the main question about DF Natsu, how long does it last? I'd expect him to defeat Silver or Gray with the same barrage he used against EF Mard.
Jellal's power level has always been up there. And his GC alone can now take out Neinhart... keeping in mind this spell was never that offensively potent, Jura was able to block it fully with a spell.
Jellal lacks feats, but I'd say he'll be right up there when he gets them. This is what I expect...
Offence: Jellal ~ Laxus
Physicals: Jellal < Laxus
MP: Jellal >= Laxus.
Other stats: Jellal > Laxus (these include speed, versatility, intelligence... stats I think matter less if they fought).
My hunch is Jellal is stronger, but from what I have seen so far they are going to be about equal.
Erza in my opinion should be able to beat most of the Spriggans bar Ajeel, God Serena, Irene and August. Brandish needs feats and I think she can take on DiMaria. Jacob and Neinhart are thrash. she could probably beat Wall with high diff. in fact, it could go either way.
Contrary to others, I never labeled the fight between God Serena and 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura a certain difficulty. All I said was that God Serena wins by a fair margin. A lot people say low difficulty which I can understand and kind of agree with for that matter. But since the fight was off-paneled, I feel like some important information could be missing. For example, like I said earlier, they might have been holding back against God Serena. Either way, I think if we got a proper battle, God Serena would beat the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura with the same amount of difficulty as Erza and Ajeel.