Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

extremebegins123

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2016
Messages
197
Reaction score
429
Age
31
Country
France
here you have no idea.
looks ridiculous hype that hyberion that showed absolutely nothing. wtf
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,778
Country
United States
How does it increase his MP, ie the amount of ethernano in his magic container? There can be explanations, like dragon physiology allowing a greater intake of ethernano... but it's speculation right now.

Wizards can increase their magic pressure. It happens a bit. I don't think it's explained... but you can see when wizards power up a bit others will sense a change. This is not increasing their MP in the sense that they're acquiring more ethernano.



That could be right. However it's speculation, but we do know the consumption rate is vast.



His physical strength goes up to the point that jumping gives him Meteor+ speed, and his punches launch Mard flying.

Gray has more MP than DF Natsu, but he cannot consume at the rate DF Natsu can, is how I see it. This is similar to the difference between being base, and being in a spell mode like LFD.



I'd say the difference between DF Natsu and Silver is about the difference between EF Mard and Silver if we exclude DeS efficiency. Natsu's DF is restricted by his MP... this is not a power output but duration problem for Natsu. That's the main question about DF Natsu, how long does it last? I'd expect him to defeat Silver or Gray with the same barrage he used against EF Mard.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Jellal's power level has always been up there. And his GC alone can now take out Neinhart... keeping in mind this spell was never that offensively potent, Jura was able to block it fully with a spell.

Jellal lacks feats, but I'd say he'll be right up there when he gets them. This is what I expect...

Offence: Jellal ~ Laxus
Physicals: Jellal < Laxus
MP: Jellal >= Laxus.
Other stats: Jellal > Laxus (these include speed, versatility, intelligence... stats I think matter less if they fought).

My hunch is Jellal is stronger, but from what I have seen so far they are going to be about equal.
Where are you getting Jellal is faster than Laxus or has a spell as strong as Laxus? Laxus attack took out Wahl who has far better stats than Neinhart (weak physicals and was the bottom of the barrel of the S12) and his attack actually killed Wahl. When was Jellal's mp shown or stated to be higher than Laxus? He was huffing and puffing from just doing Grand Chariot while Laxus took on Hades right after his fight with Wahl. In Pre-TS Jellal barely beat 4 OS memebers while Laxus was able to two shot a 9D and was able to beat Raven Tail w/o even breaking a sweat. Battle intelligence is roughly the same. I still don't see the feats stacking up to what is being said.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
Yeah, basically...
  • Hyberion > Erza [High-Extreme Difficulty]
  • Erza < Ajeel [Extreme Difficulty]
  • Ajeel < God Serena [Medium-High Difficulty]
  • Erza < God Serena [Medium-High Difficulty]
  • God Serena > 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura
Contrary to others, I never labeled the fight between God Serena and 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura a certain difficulty. All I said was that God Serena wins by a fair margin. A lot people say low difficulty which I can understand and kind of agree with for that matter. But since the fight was off-paneled, I feel like some important information could be missing. For example, like I said earlier, they might have been holding back against God Serena. Either way, I think if we got a proper battle, God Serena would beat the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura with the same amount of difficulty as Erza and Ajeel.
That makes sense.

For me, the three goi plus jura couldn't really harm Serena at all
So I end up ranking hybrion as fodder as no way even low tier springgan would be that weak.
I think 4 x hybrion vs Serena would be max a mid diff win for Serena.
And
Ajeel = Serena

This way nakamized erza can do something against Irene
Mishma can also give erza something like benzikuru ++ , which wont work on ajeel because of sand body, but would do alot of damage to Irene or august.

How strong do you think Irene is compared to Serena ?
And how do you think she will lose?
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How does it increase his MP, ie the amount of ethernano in his magic container? There can be explanations, like dragon physiology allowing a greater intake of ethernano... but it's speculation right now.

Wizards can increase their magic pressure. It happens a bit. I don't think it's explained... but you can see when wizards power up a bit others will sense a change. This is not increasing their MP in the sense that they're acquiring more ethernano.
Acquiring more ethernano is technically increasing MP though...

His physical strength goes up to the point that jumping gives him Meteor+ speed, and his punches launch Mard flying.

Gray has more MP than DF Natsu, but he cannot consume at the rate DF Natsu can, is how I see it. This is similar to the difference between being base, and being in a spell mode like LFD.
I don't see why not. When Gray is demonized or half-demonized, it is essentially a new mode. He gets stronger by increasing his MP, thereby increasing his MP consumption rate.

I'd say the difference between DF Natsu and Silver is about the difference between EF Mard and Silver if we exclude DeS efficiency. Natsu's DF is restricted by his MP... this is not a power output but duration problem for Natsu. That's the main question about DF Natsu, how long does it last? I'd expect him to defeat Silver or Gray with the same barrage he used against EF Mard.
I disagree. If Natsu has the same amount of MP as Etherious Mard Geer, then he should have been able to use DF longer and defeat Mard Geer with ease. I mean I believe Dragon Force increases a dragon slayer's MP, but not to that extent.

I can say the same for Gray though. If Gray used Ice Devil Zeroth Destruction Bow, I can see him taking Natsu out with it. In my eyes, DeS Gray ≈ DF Natsu.



here you have no idea.
looks ridiculous hype that hyberion that showed absolutely nothing. wtf
When I rank characters, I also take their potential into consideration. For Hyberion, his magic has a lot of potential. August was even impressed with it.


Maybe the reason Hyberion "showed absolutely nothing" was because he was restricted in this fight... Or maybe it was one of his off-battles...



That makes sense.

For me, the three goi plus jura couldn't really harm Serena at all
So I end up ranking hybrion as fodder as no way even low tier springgan would be that weak.
I think 4 x hybrion vs Serena would be max a mid diff win for Serena.
And
Ajeel = Serena

This way nakamized erza can do something against Irene
Mishma can also give erza something like benzikuru ++ , which wont work on ajeel because of sand body, but would do alot of damage to Irene or august.

How strong do you think Irene is compared to Serena ?
And how do you think she will lose?
Yeah, I can see why you would rank those characters that way. It makes sense, I just happen to have a different interpretation and criteria for ranking power levels.

To be fair to certain characters, I usually try not to speculate when it comes to power rankings. Since Eileen barely has any feats, I don't really have an opinion on where she would be. This is actually the main reason why I don't participate in Eileen Threads in the Domus Flau. I prefer waiting for characters to get more feats before I judge them. Yeah, I'm kind of complicated...
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
Acquiring more ethernano is technically increasing MP though...



I don't see why not. When Gray is demonized or half-demonized, it is essentially a new mode. He gets stronger by increasing his MP, thereby increasing his MP consumption rate.



I disagree. If Natsu has the same amount of MP as Etherious Mard Geer, then he should have been able to use DF longer and defeat Mard Geer with ease. I mean I believe Dragon Force increases a dragon slayer's MP, but not to that extent.

I can say the same for Gray though. If Gray used Ice Devil Zeroth Destruction Bow, I can see him taking Natsu out with it. In my eyes, DeS Gray ≈ DF Natsu.





When I rank characters, I also take their potential into consideration. For Hyberion, his magic has a lot of potential. August was even impressed with it.


Maybe the reason Hyberion "showed absolutely nothing" was because he was restricted in this fight... Or maybe it was one of his off-battles...





Yeah, I can see why you would rank those characters that way. It makes sense, I just happen to have a different interpretation and criteria for ranking power levels.

To be fair to certain characters, I usually try not to speculate when it comes to power rankings. Since Eileen barely has any feats, I don't really have an opinion on where she would be. This is actually the main reason why I don't participate in Eileen Threads in the Domus Flau. I prefer waiting for characters to get more feats before I judge them. Yeah, I'm kind of complicated...
Please tell me how you interpret power levels and your criterias.:)
But certainly you don't think Irene could be weaker or on the same level as serene
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Acquiring more ethernano is technically increasing MP though...
It is, so that's why I asked how Natsu sourced this ethernano. There is passive filling of the container, or being given MP (like Gray got, or when Natsu eats MP). Unless dragon physiology allows Natsu to draw in more ethernano (speculation), then the amount of MP Natsu has the moment before his DF activation should be equal to the moment after activation.

I don't see why not. When Gray is demonized or half-demonized, it is essentially a new mode. He gets stronger by increasing his MP, thereby increasing his MP consumption rate.
Yes it's a new mode. He doesn't really have feats in the most outside of MM. The DF consumption rate is likely higher, and given he has feats that outstrip Grays in DF, then the most sensible assumption is that DF Natsu is more powerful.

I disagree. If Natsu has the same amount of MP as Etherious Mard Geer, then he should have been able to use DF longer and defeat Mard Geer with ease. I mean I believe Dragon Force increases a dragon slayer's MP, but not to that extent.

I can say the same for Gray though. If Gray used Ice Devil Zeroth Destruction Bow, I can see him taking Natsu out with it. In my eyes, DeS Gray ≈ DF Natsu.
Obviously... if Natsu had the same amount of MP as Mard Geer. If he had that amount of power he would have beaten Mard himself. But he didn't even have a full tank of his own MP.

He wouldn't take out DF Natsu with destruction bow... even if DF Natsu laid there. But if they fought, DF Natsu would blitz and overwhelm Gray with the same efficiency as as he did EF Mard. Unless demonised Gray can absorb attacks like he did with MM, I don't give him a chance.
 

Xaos sama

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2016
Messages
147
Reaction score
440
Country
Casterly Rock
mest easly changed brandish's memories iirc; which means he can do that to any spriggan? he can make them his slaves if he wanted to, yet he's a fodder to lots of ya. mashima kicked him out of the arc just for a reason.

mest top tier confirmed :hip.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please tell me how you interpret power levels and your criterias.:)
But certainly you don't think Irene could be weaker or on the same level as serene
Personally, I interpret power levels by measuring a character's Attack Power, Defense, Speed, Versatility, Intelligence, and Magic Power. Most of these will be determined by Feats, but I do take Hype and Portrayal into consideration.

In my opinion, Feats > Portrayal > Legitimate Hype. As you can tell, I don't accept illegitimate hype. For me, legitimate hype is when something about a character has been stated multiple times by other characters or when the character themselves make a claim and have some sort of feat to back it up. Illegitimate hype is when a characters says something one time without any basis for it or when there is a contradiction to one's words/actions.

Going back to my criteria, it goes a little something like this: Attack Power & Defense > Speed & Magic Power > Versatility & Intelligence. Note that this is only a general idea and not the exact order.

Also, I factor in Conditions when we are comparing two more characters. This can be effectiveness, environmental, or just due to the nature of a one's magic. Some will be more impactful than others depending on the situation.



It is, so that's why I asked how Natsu sourced this ethernano. There is passive filling of the container, or being given MP (like Gray got, or when Natsu eats MP). Unless dragon physiology allows Natsu to draw in more ethernano (speculation), then the amount of MP Natsu has the moment before his DF activation should be equal to the moment after activation.
I don't know how to answer this question. I mean if you're asking me how a mage's ethernano container changes when entering a new mode, I have no idea.

What I can tell you is that a power-up will change a character's MP. This is seen when Mirajane used her Alegria Soul Takeover. Physically, how did her MP increase? I don't know. But did it? Yes. That is proven by manga feats.

Yes it's a new mode. He doesn't really have feats in the most outside of MM. The DF consumption rate is likely higher, and given he has feats that outstrip Grays in DF, then the most sensible assumption is that DF Natsu is more powerful.
Well, I guess this is up to how you see the two modes. I personally don't think Gray was behind Natsu in the Tartaros Arc. That was the point in time where Gray and Natsu were equals. I can see why someone would say Natsu is stronger in the current arc, but definitely not in the Tartaros Arc.

Obviously... if Natsu had the same amount of MP as Mard Geer. If he had that amount of power he would have beaten Mard himself. But he didn't even have a full tank of his own MP.

He wouldn't take out DF Natsu with destruction bow... even if DF Natsu laid there. But if they fought, DF Natsu would blitz and overwhelm Gray with the same efficiency as as he did EF Mard. Unless demonised Gray can absorb attacks like he did with MM, I don't give him a chance.
Even if Natsu didn't have full MP when fighting Mard Geer, he shouldn't have lost that much. After all, MP gradually regenerates. And Natsu didn't fight Mard Geer immediately after fighting Etherious Tempesta.

You said that the difference between DF Natsu and Silver's MP is the same as Etherious Mard Geer and Silver's MP. What that essentially means is that DF Natsu = Etherious Mard Geer in MP which I already disagree to begin with.

As for Gray vs. Natsu, we'll just have to disagree. I don't think DF Natsu would survive if he got hit by DeS Gray's finishing move back in the Tartaros Arc.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
For now Laxus obviously has the better feats but thats because he has had WAY more time to show them then Jellal who has only shown us very high MP levels with his landscape alteration (head canon that it makes Heavenly Body related magic stronger, which is honestly very likely) and one casual attack in GC (yes, GC is very casual for Jellal). Given that Jellal was a decent amount stronger then Laxus prior to the time-skip I anticipate that he will be a decent amount stronger then him now (by decent I mean beat him between Mid-High diff). If he goes on to fight August (even if he gets help) that will prove to be the case. With the big three left without match-ups (Irene, August and Larcade) he's bound to fight one of them.
 

Loke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
1,507
Age
30
Country
United States
The way I see it Jellal was not stronger pre skip nor is he presently. Laxus cleaved through Wahl the second he was healed and turned him into an Historia. Jellal failed to kill the most pathetic Spriggan seen thus far with a spell that seemingly took an entire chapter to charge.
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Jellal has better feats than Laxus. His magical power was able to change the whole sky from day time to night time. He has spells like Sema, Alterais, Abyss break. Grand chariot, Telekinesis, projection, binding snakes, Telepathy, Elemental magic. Didn't die from a blast from Etherion. Not to mention Mystagon magics like mirror magic, sleep magic, etc.

Now it isn't like there is a huge gap between the two but Jellal has the better feats and is portrayed as superior.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
His magic changing the whole sky doesn't mean it better. You do know attack potency is a thing right? While half of the other shit you named is irrelevant and no Jellal didn't survive a country level blast. You could say portayal favours Jellal but feats currently do not.
 

Loke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
1,507
Age
30
Country
United States
All that and still failed to kill Neinhart. Feats are results, not flashiness.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jko

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Jellal is a ranged fighter while Laxus is mainly a CQC fighter.We should remember this before comparing the two.Laxus can do ranged attacks but he mainly does CQC.
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think Jellal and Laxus are fairly close when it comes to magical power.

When it comes to attack power, I'm inclined to give the overall edge to Laxus. They have similar capabilities when it comes to nukes (both Grand Chariot and Laxus' nuke can be considered capable of oneshotting Spriggans imo), but Laxus seems to have the stronger hand to hand attacks. Laxus also holds the edge in durability, being arguably the most tanky character on the protagonists' side. Jellal holds the edge in speed in combat. Though technically Laxus can do stuff like turn into lightning, he doesn't rely on it in his fighting style. Meteor however is arguably Jellal's signature move.

I tend to favor Laxus in debates between the two because I see durability as being a more valuable trait than speed, unless you have speeds that allow you to run circles around your opponent. I don't think Jellal's speed would allow him to do that to an opponent of Laxus' caliber.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I don't know how to answer this question. I mean if you're asking me how a mage's ethernano container changes when entering a new mode, I have no idea.

What I can tell you is that a power-up will change a character's MP. This is seen when Mirajane used her Alegria Soul Takeover. Physically, how did her MP increase? I don't know. But did it? Yes. That is proven by manga feats.
To say that MP increases though means more ethernano is entering Natsu. He doesn't need to take in MP for DF, but it burns thru his power quicker.

Tbh I would classify Miralegria the same as DF, Nakagami... or anything that allows MP to be consumed quickly. Many wizards have shown that they can power up. This doesn't change their quantity of MP, but only their quality and output. The only 2 other power sources I can think of outside the ones I mentioned in my previous post are PoF and darkness (pending). Thats how I think magic works. Hiro doesn't define it, but you can deduce these things. There are several examples.

Well, I guess this is up to how you see the two modes. I personally don't think Gray was behind Natsu in the Tartaros Arc. That was the point in time where Gray and Natsu were equals. I can see why someone would say Natsu is stronger in the current arc, but definitely not in the Tartaros Arc.
DF Natsu > Demonised Gray > DeS Gray ~ Natsu > Pre-Silver Gray. Gray only ever really became comparable to Natsu after getting Silver's MP.

Even if Natsu didn't have full MP when fighting Mard Geer, he shouldn't have lost that much. After all, MP gradually regenerates. And Natsu didn't fight Mard Geer immediately after fighting Etherious Tempesta.

You said that the difference between DF Natsu and Silver's MP is the same as Etherious Mard Geer and Silver's MP. What that essentially means is that DF Natsu = Etherious Mard Geer in MP which I already disagree to begin with.

As for Gray vs. Natsu, we'll just have to disagree. I don't think DF Natsu would survive if he got hit by DeS Gray's finishing move back in the Tartaros Arc.
Ethernano does passively flow into a mage as time goes on, but mid battle he's not going to refill the tank so easily. When Natsu entered DF I doubt he had half his MP.

I meant Silvers MP (his total, not what he gave to Gray) would be more than Natsu's (at the point of using DF)... and that difference would be relatively the same type of difference as Mard to Silver.

However, this argument of magic power quantities isn't really that important. MP feeds all other stats, so performance is the key indicator at the end of the day. Idk if Natsu has more MP than Silver... but I know DF Natsu would wipe the floor with a Silver-tiered wizard... up until the point that Natsu has no more power left. And this is all deduced by performance. Equating things by guessing MP levels to begin with is starting at the wrong end, imo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Where are you getting Jellal is faster than Laxus or has a spell as strong as Laxus? Laxus attack took out Wahl who has far better stats than Neinhart (weak physicals and was the bottom of the barrel of the S12) and his attack actually killed Wahl. When was Jellal's mp shown or stated to be higher than Laxus? He was huffing and puffing from just doing Grand Chariot while Laxus took on Hades right after his fight with Wahl. In Pre-TS Jellal barely beat 4 OS memebers while Laxus was able to two shot a 9D and was able to beat Raven Tail w/o even breaking a sweat. Battle intelligence is roughly the same. I still don't see the feats stacking up to what is being said.
I think when we account for Sema and how much stronger that is than GC, then this would put Jellal's attack power at a higher level. GC is basically a mid-tier spell for Jellal. I am definitely being generous to Jellal and I wouldn't be surprised if Laxus was stronger, but my feeling is that they're about the same.

To be clear I don't rate Jellal as equal to Laxus on feats. Jellal's lack but he's yet to have a full fight, and when he did something he did take out Neinhart.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To say that MP increases though means more ethernano is entering Natsu. He doesn't need to take in MP for DF, but it burns thru his power quicker.

Tbh I would classify Miralegria the same as DF, Nakagami... or anything that allows MP to be consumed quickly. Many wizards have shown that they can power up. This doesn't change their quantity of MP, but only their quality and output. The only 2 other power sources I can think of outside the ones I mentioned in my previous post are PoF and darkness (pending). Thats how I think magic works. Hiro doesn't define it, but you can deduce these things. There are several examples.
Again, I disagree. Why can't both be true? In theory, a power-up should increase a mage's MP while also burning through it more quickly. It wouldn't make sense if it just burns through your MP more quickly.

Here is how I look at it. For Natsu to achieve DF, his body needs high levels of magic power. In the beginning of the series, he achieved this by consuming Etherion, thereby increasing his MP as well. Now, Natsu doesn't need Etherion because he learned how to "will it". But his body still needs a certain amount of MP to activate Dragon Force. So when Natsu enters DF now, what his body essentially does is increase the intake of ethernano, thereby increasing his MP in order to compensate for attack power.

In my opinion, this goes for pretty much every single character who uses a power-up including Mirajane and Erza. When they use Alegria Soul or Nakagami Armor, their bodies are taking in more energy so that they can withstand such power. At the same time though, their MP is also draining at a faster pace.

DF Natsu > Demonised Gray > DeS Gray ~ Natsu > Pre-Silver Gray. Gray only ever really became comparable to Natsu after getting Silver's MP.
That doesn't make any sense though... Silver already has more MP than LFD Natsu which is why he is stronger. How would adding Gray and Silver's MP together equal Natsu? I think DeS Gray is being severely underrated. When demonized, he should be able to match DF Natsu (at least in the Tartaros Arc).

Ethernano does passively flow into a mage as time goes on, but mid battle he's not going to refill the tank so easily. When Natsu entered DF I doubt he had half his MP.

I meant Silvers MP (his total, not what he gave to Gray) would be more than Natsu's (at the point of using DF)... and that difference would be relatively the same type of difference as Mard to Silver.

However, this argument of magic power quantities isn't really that important. MP feeds all other stats, so performance is the key indicator at the end of the day. Idk if Natsu has more MP than Silver... but I know DF Natsu would wipe the floor with a Silver-tiered wizard... up until the point that Natsu has no more power left. And this is all deduced by performance. Equating things by guessing MP levels to begin with is starting at the wrong end, imo.
Even if Natsu didn't have a lot of MP to begin with, when he enters DF, it should have increased his magic power for the time being.

I think Silver gave Gray most of his MP. Even if it wasn't all, it should have been more than what Natsu had by himself.

Actually, I don't think DF Natsu would wipe the floor with Silver back in Tartaros Arc. LFD Natsu was barely on Etherious Tempesta's level. And DF Natsu was struggling against Mard Geer. So if I were to guess, he would have been near Silver's power level. Even if he was a little stronger, it wouldn't be that noticeable of a difference.

Magic power is actually one of the more important stats when it comes to power ranking. So, personally, I think starting off with MP is not necessarily starting at the wrong end.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I do think Ajeel's sand is on the same caliber as Invel's ice. Besides, I'm talking about attack power. Even if Invel can keep Natsu trapped in his ice longer than Ajeel can keep Natsu trapped in his sand, this doesn't change the fact that Ajeel's attacks can do as much damageas Invel's. Invel might be able to freeze Natsu, but Natsu can melt out of it and it doesn't leave him with any significant injuries. Being stuck in Ajeel's sand will drain away at Natsu's moisture. Obviously there are limits to what Ajeel can turn to sand. He hasn't shown to be able to turn humans into sand. He has shown to be able to turn drain the moisture from ice though, and being colder doesn't really change that.

Invel could have dealt damage to Natsu when he was frozen solid, it's just that he didn't get the opportunity to because he was dealing with Gray.

Ajeel's sand has never affected Natsu nor has he dealt damage to Natsu. And Ajeel certainly won't be draining away at Natsu's moisture because Natsu would never get stuck to begin with.

Has Ajeel ever turned Natsu's flame into sand? No.

Has Invel ever frozen Natsu's flame? Yes.

I think the attack power part is pretty clear.



Hades doesn't get back up and continue to trash team Natsu. Team Natsu takes him down. Laxus doesn't need to have no magic. He simply just doesn't need to use his magic to create lightning. Look at what a single palm strike can do at Jura's level of magical power. Laxus has far since outclassed Jura. There's no way Baccus can match him in physical strength.

Yeah, Team Natsu takes Hades down. Not Laxus.

Laxus dealt zero damage, it was a stun move. Laxus only does damage when his fists are charged with lightning.

Bacchus fights with his bare hands. It's almost no competition about who has greater physical strength.

Bacchus has greater physical strength than Laxus, but Laxus has way greater magical power than Bacchus.

Which is why Laxus would thrash Bacchus in a fight. But if we are measuring physical strength, Bacchus has greater feats.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
why do i need to trust you? when i can see the manga for myself? When did i say that Natsu let himself be frozen? never. of course he was frozen because of sudden ability from Invel. just because he was frozen because of instant ability, that doesn't mean he couldn't have resisted it, especially more from his reaction after breaking free. you are talking like Natsu was frozen for an hour and the fight was going on for like forever. it was not.

If Natsu could break free at any moment, then why didn't he?

Especially when a Spriggan is right in front of him beating his best friend. He could have helped Gray out, but he didn't cuz he couldn't.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Invel could have dealt damage to Natsu when he was frozen solid, it's just that he didn't get the opportunity to because he was dealing with Gray.

Ajeel's sand has never affected Natsu nor has he dealt damage to Natsu. And Ajeel certainly won't be draining away at Natsu's moisture because Natsu would never get stuck to begin with.

Has Ajeel ever turned Natsu's flame into sand? No.

Has Invel ever frozen Natsu's flame? Yes.

I think the attack power part is pretty clear...
Yes, Invel could damage Natsu while he was frozen...And Ajeel could have rained down some sand swords while Natsu was stuck in the ant lion's pit, but he didn't because he would rather gloat. The damage they deal to Natsu would probably be similar though, hence similar attack power.

Ajeel can reflect a blast from Jupiter cannon. I would rank that as more impressive than the roar Natsu threw at Invel, or at least on a similar level.

Laxus dealt zero damage, it was a stun move. Laxus only does damage when his fists are charged with lightning.

Bacchus fights with his bare hands. It's almost no competition about who has greater physical strength.

Bacchus has greater physical strength than Laxus, but Laxus has way greater magical power than Bacchus.

Which is why Laxus would thrash Bacchus in a fight. But if we are measuring physical strength, Bacchus has greater feats.
Honestly, Baccus' attack power is mediocre. It was only his speed that gave Elfman difficulty, and Elfman wasn't exactly particularly fast to begin with. At the end of the day, Elfman outlasted Baccus by taking hits. Here's the thing: Magical power enhances physical strength. Especially since dragon slaying magic is a magic that changes your physical properties.
 
Last edited:

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
...And Ajeel could have rained down some sand swords while Natsu was stuck in the ant lion's pit, but he didn't because he would rather gloat. Ajeel can reflect a blast from Jupiter cannon. I would rank that as more impressive than the roar Natsu threw at Invel, or at least on a similar level.

Dude, those sand swords would have been burned to a crisp just like the Ant Lion's pit.

The temperature of Natsu's flame was so high that Natsu actually burned Ajeel's sand to glass.

And it was Invel who froze those very flames in an instant.

Invel obviously has higher attack power.

Natsu's flames reacted completely opposite from Ajeel to Invel.

In the first scenario, Natsu burned sand. In the second scenario, ice froze his flames.



Honestly, Baccus' attack power is mediocre. It was only his speed that gave Elfman difficulty, and Elfman wasn't exactly particularly fast to begin with. At the end of the day, Elfman outlasted Baccus by taking hits.

Bacchus could definitely do what Laxus did. Against a light-weight like Wahl, that is.

Either way, it still stands that Bacchus has done more physical damage than Laxus has with his bare hands.

That is practically what Bacchus is known for.
 
Top