Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Miralicious akuma

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,686
Country
India
Lucy finally showed some good feats (internal screaming yaaaaaas) .
Despite all her feats, I'd still rank her right below mirajane. Like a solid kagura or Minerva tier.
Why? Because :
mira's cqc > any of the Lucy's forms. Base Satan soul can take down Lucy if engaged in cqc mid diff.
Speed wise, Mira > Lucy. Base can out speed cancer and scorpio form.
And Power wise, mirajane seilah will be on par with Lucy's attacking power.

So the rankings of female mages imo
Eileen
Dimaria
Brandish
Third origin sherria
Erza
Mira
Lucy/Kagura/ minerva
Dragon force Wendy
Juvia
Cana /evergreen
 
Last edited by a moderator:

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Lucy definitely had a huge boost to her abilities with star-dress during the TS.Not to mention she now has a chance to take out Erza with Marin(only the thought of this makes me laugh /cry at the same time).
Lucy is stronger than Freed by miles.I mean even in TA the whole God Tribevwas defeated in less then a minute,while Lucy took on multiple opponents and actually defeated one ( teamup with Natsu, the 3 demon gangbang).
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Contrary to what people seem to think, I wouldn't put Lucy leagues above Juvia just by what she's shown. Not above DF Wendy, either (although it all depends on how well Lucy performs against Chronos Dimaria, if she pushes Dimaria to go Chronos, that is...).

I think that, since Juvia had always been solidly superior to Lucy, it is NOW when maybe they're getting pretty close to each other, but not necessarily much above.

Also I don't know why there are some who keep on downplaying Mira. In her Alegria form I'm gonna bet she's got what it takes to be equal to Erza, even in Nakagami.
 

Asorx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
563
Reaction score
1,193
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I think that, since Juvia had always been solidly superior to Lucy, it is NOW when maybe they're getting pretty close to each other, but not necessarily much above.
In GMG Juvia and Aquarius have the same power lvl and its only one spirit. Lucy >= Juvia in GMG. Lucy > Juvia in Tartaros. Curennt Lucy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Juvia.

"Evenly Matched" Even in anime all said that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My ranking in ft:
Gildarts
Laxus/Natsu
Natsu/Laxus
Gray
Erza
Mira/Lucy
Lucy/Mira
Freed
Wendy
Juvia
Elfman
the rest.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
In GMG Juvia and Aquarius have the same power lvl and its only one spirit. Lucy >= Juvia in GMG. Lucy > Juvia in Tartaros. Curennt Lucy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Juvia.

"Evenly Matched" Even in anime all said that.
That their attacks clashed in a given scenario and they were of equal power does not mean Lucy was = Juvia.
First of all, Juvia could always use water lock on Lucy. Her cqc was miles ahead of hers. And she was intangible.
Juvia is a mage of another caliber. Lucy is a tier below, and Gray is a tier above her. Juvia is severely underrated.
It is now when I see that maybe they're about equals.

To put current Lucy on Mira's level... u.u
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That their attacks clashed in a given scenario and they were of equal power does not mean Lucy was = Juvia.
First of all, Juvia could always use water lock on Lucy. Her cqc was miles ahead of hers. And she was intangible.
Juvia is a mage of another caliber. Lucy is a tier below, and Gray is a tier above her. Juvia is severely underrated.
It is now when I see that maybe they're about equals.

To put current Lucy on Mira's level... u.u
I completely agree. There is absolutely no way Lucy is on Mirajane's level yet. Their feats aren't even that close, to be honest.

As for the comparison between Lucy/Juvia/DF Wendy, I agree with you for the most part. The only difference is that I acknowledge Lucy has pulled ahead of them by just a small margin (all three used to be equals though). The reason why I say this is because Juvia spent her time learning useless abilities like Blood Transfusion Magic while Base Wendy couldn't even take on Bluenote (so DF Wendy isn't going to close the gap). On the other hand, Lucy has actually shown to improve.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
I completely agree. There is absolutely no way Lucy is on Mirajane's level yet. Their feats aren't even that close, to be honest.

As for the comparison between Lucy/Juvia/DF Wendy, I agree with you for the most part. The only difference is that I acknowledge Lucy has pulled ahead of them by just a small margin (all three used to be equals though). The reason why I say this is because Juvia spent her time learning useless abilities like Blood Transfusion Magic while Base Wendy couldn't even take on Bluenote (so DF Wendy isn't going to close the gap). On the other hand, Lucy has actually shown to improve.
Yeah but if you look closely, base Wendy's roar (her latest feat) has reasonably more AoE and possibly more DC than she used to. I think she has improved from her Tartaros self.

As for Juvia she has been training for one year with Gray and also, by means of Ice Lock, Juvia was not outright oneshot by Gray. I think she's also improved a lot.

As for Lucy... I think she's being overestimated. While it is true that her stardress abilities put her much above where she was pre-TS, she hasn't shown anything to put her anywhere close to the likes of Erza, Gray or Mirajane, let alone Natsu or Laxus.

I might agree with you she's improved more than Wendy or Juvia have, but I see them as equals right now. DF Wendy's speed is to be taken into account here, and Juvia's versatility would be very hard to fight for even current Lucy.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah but if you look closely, base Wendy's roar (her latest feat) has reasonably more AoE and possibly more DC than she used to. I think she has improved from her Tartaros self.

As for Juvia she has been training for one year with Gray and also, by means of Ice Lock, Juvia was not outright oneshot by Gray. I think she's also improved a lot.

As for Lucy... I think she's being overestimated. While it is true that her stardress abilities put her much above where she was pre-TS, she hasn't shown anything to put her anywhere close to the likes of Erza, Gray or Mirajane, let alone Natsu or Laxus.

I might agree with you she's improved more than Wendy or Juvia have, but I see them as equals right now. DF Wendy's speed is to be taken into account here, and Juvia's versatility would be very hard to fight for even current Lucy.
True. Wendy has pretty good AoE although Lucy isn't that bad either. As for DC, I might give Wendy the win here depending on which attacks we're comparing. I see Wendy as a pretty well-rounded fighter. As for Lucy, she is either somewhat strong or somewhat weak.

I think Gray was holding back on Juvia though. From what I understood, Ice Lock made Gray go against his own will by forcing him to attack Juvia, but in terms of the attacks he used and how much power he used, I would say it is minimal. After all, it doesn't look like his attacks were that lethal...

Overall, I actually see your point. In no way am I trying to convince you to think otherwise because I do feel the same way to a certain extent. Lucy improved, but not that much... I just happen to think that Juvia was a disappointment and Wendy hasn't shown anything exceptional.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Guild rank
Natsu, Gildarts, Laxus
Gray, Gajeel
Erza, Mirajane
Lucy, Cana
Wendy, Freed
Juvia, Lisanna

Rest... I don't know.

Elfman was someone I had hype for so I'm going to wait and see just how good he is before committing. Evergreen/Bickslow are likely around Lisanna's level. Makarov is still up there for MP, but Hiro keeps him out of the game so I will too.

Gildarts and Mirajane need to prove their stripes. I am more confident with Gildarts than I am Mira.

Erza could be put with Gray/Gajeel, but because they have Devil markings and Dragon Force respectively, I'm going to keep them separate.

Above all of them...not most
There's a reason he's the Emperor and all of them obey them when he orders them to assemble
I also have Zeref above everyone in the 12. I wouldn't be surprised if August and Irene are close to his overall magic power, but not above. At least for now.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
In GMG Juvia and Aquarius have the same power lvl and its only one spirit.
You do realize Juvia didn't use any techniques like Water Nebula and Water Slicer, right? What she did there was the basic of the basics, so comparing her to Aquarius who doesn't even have specialized techniques is seriously underplaying her a lot.
Lucy > Juvia in Tartaros.
No, WTF...Lucy couldn't even handle any of the Nine Demon Gates on on one while Juvia vaporized Keyes. Juvia>Lucy in Tartaros.
Curennt Lucy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Juvia.
Because?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I also have Zeref above everyone in the 12. I wouldn't be surprised if August and Irene are close to his overall magic power, but not above. At least for now.
That, plus also at the beginning of the arc, Yajeel said that Zeref uses force to subdue the S12 if any of them ever go out of line, naturally that would include the likes of Irene and August
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
My top 35 two months ago:
1. Acnologia (Dragon form > Human form)
2. Igneel
3. Zeref Dragneel
4. Igneel-powered Natsu
5. August
6. Irene Belserion
7. Chronos Dimaria Yesta
8. Brandish
9. God Serena
10. Jacob Lessio
11. Laxus Dreyar (Alvarez)
11. DF Gajeel
13. Jellal Fernandes (Alvarez)
14. BDKM Natsu
15. Bradman
16. Wahl Icht
17. Ajeel Lamur
18. Other dragons (Metallicana, Grandine, Motherglare, Atlas flame, etc)
10. DeS Gray Fullbuster (Alvarez)
20. Erza Scarlet (Alvarez)
20. Mirajane Strauss (Alvarez)
22. Neinhart
23. Gildarts Clive
23. Hyberion
25. Base Natsu (Alvarez)
26. Base Gray Fullbuster (Alvarez)
26. DF Natsu (against Mard)
26. Jellal Fernandes (X791-Tartaros arc)
29. Etherious form Mard Geer Tartaros
29. Full Power Precht Gaebolg
31. Wolfheim
31. Third origin Chelia Blendy
33. Warrod
34. Jura Neekis (Alvarez)
35. Makarov

My top35 now

Top tier
1. Acnologia (Dragon form > Human form)
2. Igneel
3. Zeref Dragneel
High-top tier
4. Igneel-powered Natsu
5. August
6. Irene Belserion
High tier
7. Chronos Dimaria Yesta
8. Brandish
9. God Serena
10. Glidartz
11. Laxus Dreyar
11. DF Gajeel
11. BDKM Natsu
11. Gray (very serious/angry)
Mid-High tier
15. Bradman
16. Jellal Fernandes
16. Jacob Lessio
18. Invel Yura
18. Ajeel Lamur
20. Base Natsu (Alvarez)
20. Wahl Icht
22. Other dragons (Metallicana, Grandine, Motherglare, Atlas flame, etc)
Mid tier
23. DeS Gray
24. Erza Scarlet (Alvarez)
24. Mirajane Strauss (Alvarez)
26. Neinhart
27. Hyberion
Low-Mid tier
28. Base Gray Fullbuster / Base Gajeel
28. DF Natsu (Tartaros)
28. Jellal Fernandes (X791-Tartaros arc)
28. Etherious form Mard Geer Tartaros
32. Full Power Precht Gaebolg
33. Wolfheim
34. Third origin Chelia Blendy
35. Warrod

If we went down the list

x Makarov
x-1 Lucy
x-1 Juvia
x-1 DF Wendy
x-2 Cana
x-2 Freed
x-3 Evergreen
x-3 Bickslow
x-3 Elfman
x-4 Macao
x-4 Wakaba
x-5 Jet
x-5 Droy
x-5 Reedus
x-5 Lisanna
x-5 Romeo
 

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
Juvia and Wendy have better feats than Lucy. Juvia managed to injure Gray hella lot and DF Wendy had better feats against Dimaria than Lucy against Jacob.
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
You do realize Juvia didn't use any techniques like Water Nebula and Water Slicer, right? What she did there was the basic of the basics, so comparing her to Aquarius who doesn't even have specialized techniques is seriously underplaying her a lot.

No, WTF...Lucy couldn't even handle any of the Nine Demon Gates on on one while Juvia vaporized Keyes. Juvia>Lucy in Tartaros.

Because?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That, plus also at the beginning of the arc, Yajeel said that Zeref uses force to subdue the S12 if any of them ever go out of line, naturally that would include the likes of Irene and August
Juvia defeated Keith who was stated to be weakest demon.

Lucy on the other hand defeated Jackal in a 1on1.
Neither Juvia or Aquarius haf gonn all out in their brief clash.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Juvia defeated Keith who was stated to be weakest demon.

Lucy on the other hand defeated Jackal in a 1on1.
Neither Juvia or Aquarius haf gonn all out in their brief clash.
I'll refrain from making assumptions since I don't recall how things went appropriately but I will say that I believe Jackal had already fought some others before whereas Jackal hadn't fought as such; also Lucy was powered up by Aquarius so that wasn't Lucy's powers per se.

I think Juvia has always been portrayed as stronger than Lucy: from her very first appearance, she outright oneshot Lucy by means of water lock & took her keys, then she fought evenly against Gray and the latter won only because of plot; Juvia was chosen to be promoted to S-class whereas Lucy was not, Juvia has always been a more capable fighter, has intangibility, is smart enough (outsmarted Keyes to defeat him), and is rather deadly when pissed off...

I could see Lucy being equal to Juvia now but definetely not before... Her namely strongest spirit was evenly matched with Juvia but it takes a lot of MP to summon Aquarius whereas Juvia was likely not spending much.
 
Last edited:

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
Juvia defeated Keith who was stated to be weakest demon.

Lucy on the other hand defeated Jackal in a 1on1.
Neither Juvia or Aquarius haf gonn all out in their brief clash.
Lucy defeated Jackal in base form, while he was just standing there waiting for her to cast her strongest attack, and probably the only one that could even take him down.
 

Talenel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
692
Reaction score
789
Age
36
Country
United States
Alright. Current guild ranking:

Gildartz
Natsu
Laxus
Gray

Erza
Gajeel
Mirajane

Lucy
Juvia
Freed

The spaces are tier jumps. I cant ignore Gildartz's portrayal as the big daddy of the guild. He may be defeated soon though.
Laxus the best durability in the top tier. Natu's offense is no joke though.
Kick ass Lucy
Im sorry Gajeel. :(
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
After Lucy's performance against Brandish I just don't see how Juvia can win. Quite frankly Aqua Metria is more impressive then anything Juvia has even shown. Not that it (specifically) would do anything to Juvia (cause of water body) but IMO the scale of that attack shows that Lucy is above Juvia in general. Juvias "fight" with Gray was very small scale, it was basically them just punching each other (and Gray visibly superior) and Gray was restraining himself evidently given what he did to Invel so I honestly don't think its much of an indicator.

Need I remind that Juvia struggled with Keith whereas Lucy did fairly well against Brandish, even if Brandish was holding back.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
After Lucy's performance against Brandish I just don't see how Juvia can win.
Juvia is probably immune to physical attacks which include Taurus, Cancer or Scorpio stardresses. As for Leo's, I think regulus cqc might work against Juvia. But Juvia is more proficient in cqc than Lucy is.

Whereas all of Juvia's attacks can potentially harm Lucy.

Quite frankly Aqua Metria is more impressive then anything Juvia has even shown.
In terms of AoE yes, but since it was thrown at a too powerful enemy, we don't know the true potential of such a technique. Juvia's water slicer can cut through rocks easily, and is a rather fast attack and, whilst not as impressive, would be fatal to Lucy.

Juvias "fight" with Gray was very small scale, it was basically them just punching each other (and Gray visibly superior)
And still Juvia managing to put scratches on him, I wouldn't be confident on Lucy doing that... Well, now, yes, since I hold them as equals.

and Gray was restraining himself evidently given what he did to Invel
He was not restraining at all, after all, he couldn't restrain or not restrain himself as his mind was being controlled, his morals were off and they were seemingly bloodlusted. The fact he defeated Invel is PoF.

Need I remind that Juvia struggled with Keith whereas Lucy did fairly well against Brandish, even if Brandish was holding back.
Juvia struggling with Keith was clearly plot, as she defeated him pre-TS and he could've done the same post-ts but with more ease; that she didn't do the same that she did back then was clearly CiS, and the fact she defeated him with Meredy was just to show that cute unison raid... Plot as usual. Whereas Lucy was doing fairly well against Brandish only because the latter allowed for that. Brandish was holding back, presumably a lot, and was still winning and highlighting the fact that she was tiers above Lucy.

All in all, I hold them as equals now but I don't see Lucy beating Juvia...
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Guild rank
Natsu, Gildarts, Laxus
Gray, Gajeel
Erza, Mirajane
Lucy, Cana
Wendy, Freed
Juvia, Lisanna

Rest... I don't know.

Elfman was someone I had hype for so I'm going to wait and see just how good he is before committing. Evergreen/Bickslow are likely around Lisanna's level. Makarov is still up there for MP, but Hiro keeps him out of the game so I will too.

Gildarts and Mirajane need to prove their stripes. I am more confident with Gildarts than I am Mira.

Erza could be put with Gray/Gajeel, but because they have Devil markings and Dragon Force respectively, I'm going to keep them separate.



I also have Zeref above everyone in the 12. I wouldn't be surprised if August and Irene are close to his overall magic power, but not above. At least for now.

Overall i agree with your list, but why do you place Cana so high?
 
Top