Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
What advantages? The only thing it did was rob Erza of her chance to attack him, it was similar to Simon's Dark Moment in the Tower of Heaven, I don't think it's Ajeel's strongest move personally..
How is robbing someone chances to attack not considered an advantage? Ajeel can impair his opponent's vision, as well as move within the storm rather well and attack his opponent who can barely sense him.

Laxus was in the air, I don't think the effect would be the same on the ground, he had the advantage of the terrain there..
Laxus can create a lightning bolt from the ground, he did so against Wall. Maybe Laxus put more power into the lightning bolt... but he'd have more than enough time to make a nuke (Sands of Death takes a little while to hit the opponent).
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
How is robbing someone chances to attack not considered an advantage? Ajeel can impair his opponent's vision, as well as move within the storm rather well and attack his opponent who can barely sense him.
Sorry, I phrased that badly, I didn't mean advantages exclusively, I meant like offensive advantages, the sand in Sand World doesn't damage its opponent, have you ever watched Air Gear? There's a guy there with an attack equivalent of Sand World that rips the flesh from his opponent's skin and goes at high speeds, I always thought Sand World would be more dangerous if it had properties like that. But the way it is usually it's more of a diversionary technique than anything.
That's why I think Ajeel's strongest attack to date is Sands of Death
Laxus can create a lightning bolt from the ground, he did so against Wall. Maybe Laxus put more power into the lightning bolt... but he'd have more than enough time to make a nuke (Sands of Death takes a little while to hit the opponent).
Fair enough, I just always thought the reason Laxus was able to disperse an attack of that magnitude was because of the aerial view, Sands of Death was an attack that towered over Makarov's Titan form
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Sorry, I phrased that badly, I didn't mean advantages exclusively, I meant like offensive advantages, the sand in Sand World doesn't damage its opponent, have you ever watched Air Gear? There's a guy there with an attack equivalent of Sand World that rips the flesh from his opponent's skin and goes at high speeds, I always thought Sand World would be more dangerous if it had properties like that. But the way it is usually it's more of a diversionary technique than anything.
That's why I think Ajeel's strongest attack to date is Sands of Death
Oh, sorry I think I misunderstood you from the beginning.

I agree Sandworld isn't a strong attack, nor is it an attack. It really changes the battlefield in Ajeel's favour. And I agree Sands of Death is the strongest attack, it's above Ant's Hell. You can put it down to the type of sand... Sands of Death has the desiccant sand while Sandworld doesn't.

Fair enough, I just always thought the reason Laxus was able to disperse an attack of that magnitude was because of the aerial view, Sands of Death was an attack that towered over Makarov's Titan form
Sands of Death is big enough that the view probably doesn't matter... if you're there you're going to see it. Sands of Death is huge.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
Sand golem
Ant hill
Sand of death
Are all causal moves. Ajeel only use them against fodders

Sand world, ajeel's own cqc or whatever you want to call that and that sand axe (I don't remember the name) are his serious moves. Or the strongest moves he has.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I agree Sandworld isn't a strong attack, nor is it an attack. It really changes the battlefield in Ajeel's favour. And I agree Sands of Death is the strongest attack, it's above Ant's Hell. You can put it down to the type of sand... Sands of Death has the desiccant sand while Sandworld doesn't.
I don't think Ant Hell is that powerful personally, it incapacitates its victims and prevents them from moving, I would have Ajeel's techniques ranked like this personally, from least destructive to most destructive:
1.Sandworld
2.Ant Lion Pit
3.Sand Wyverns
4.Ramal Saif
5.Sands of Death.
Sands of Death is big enough that the view probably doesn't matter... if you're there you're going to see it. Sands of Death is huge.
True, I think out of all the Spriggan 12 attacks that we've seen, Sands of Death is the technique with the largest AOE
 

Labi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
173
Reaction score
293
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You get that Bradman's biggest strength is his intangibility,which means when Gajeel went DF,Bradman's strongest ability got nullified,that is a big advantage.
As for Natsu and Gray.In Tartaros,DeS Gray was at least,an equal to DF Natsu,if not stronger.We also haven't seen Natsu use DF yet.
And if you ask me,DeS Gray is an equal to FDKM Natsu.
Since when was DeS Gray equal to DF Natsu in Tartarus? Lol
DF Natsu stomped Mard Geer with his raw power. Admittedly he didn't have enough MP or Stamina to finish him off but at least he got him some serious damage.

I believe (idk if it's true tho) that Mard was only finished off by Gray cuz he was unguarded and took damage by Natsu before. If Gray fought Mard in hand to hand like Natsu did in DF he would surely lose.
In Alvarez Gray has shown the feat of defeating Invel (he was full rage so... Yeah... Actually Idk what to be more confused of... That Gray could mold the Ice of Invels armor... Or that that Ice even had an effect on him even tho he's a Ice DeS... Is it like the Natsu-Zancrow thing?) One real feat. Not more. In comparison Natsu has way more.
Anyway... Ranking Gray, for me, is catastrophally hard... Atm at least...
Natsu in comparison is easier to rank among others....

Damn this Manga kills my brain lol
Ranking characters is anything but easy... For me... XD
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Ajeel said in chapter 446 that Ant Pit is one of his best attacks.Infact he even said that many cities were destroyed by this attack and many people died.None had escaped it before.Ramal sayaf is currently featless.I will rank strongest attacks of Ajeel
Sand World(Proxy Wahl hinted that it was his best atttack)
Sand of Death
Ant Lion Pit
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree with [B]Nemispelled[/B] and [B]MonkeyD-Dragon[/B].

Gajeel defeating Bloodman was sort of for plot convenience... The part where Gajeel absorbed the MBP and lived was already nonsense to begin with. Add in the fact that absorbing MBP's automatically made Bloodman tangible was even worse. The fight wasn't a true display of power and is very similar to Base Natsu one-shotting Neinhart with a casual roar. I don't count these as legitimate feats because they go against the actual power ranking of the characters as we've seen Natsu use FDKM to beat Jacob and Gajeel unable to hit Bloodman in the beginning. I don't mind people saying Gajeel won the fight but don't expect me to believe it was anything less than Extreme Difficulty...

As for the subject about Gray and Natsu. In the current arc, it is inconclusive as to who is stronger. We know Gray hasn't shown his full power yet and neither has Natsu. In terms of feats, I don't mind giving Natsu the benefit of the doubt but Gray is sure not lagging far behind. In fact, he arguably had better feats against Invel than Natsu did against Jacob.

Since I've gone over this discussion so many times in past, I don't really care to debate this any longer. So if you disagree, we'll just agree to disagree.
 

AsunaIsMyBae

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 19, 2016
Messages
35
Reaction score
5
Age
28
Country
New Zealand
I have Bloodman vs Gajeel as DF Gajeel > Bloodman > Base Gajeel. In DF, Gajeel can defeat Bloodman rather quickly. The main reason I don't outright place Gajeel higher is because he used Bloodman's particles to start DF. So like I said he'd fall in the ranks if he can't use DF. I also think it's unfair to downgrade Gajeel because Bloodman's intangibility is negated in their fight, and if that didn't happen then Bloodman wins. While this is true, this would also apply to people like God Serena or Laxus or Jellal etc who don't have known way to deal with intangibility.

Idk about TO-Sherria... her attack power and physicals don't impress me enough to put above Erza... I say Erza beats Sherria in a fight.

God Serena could be higher and = Gildarts. Laxus is stronger than Wall but not by a great deal, enough to acknowledge it though.

Natsu > Gray... and this is mainly due to attack power. Natsu really has the best attack power for people his level or lower. Well, he's got the best feats.
I would not place Gray over Natsu due to the fact he has a higher durability and speed.

Gray survived after putting a blade through his body and acted like that ever happened. He not only showcased his durability but speed too. When he used his devil slaying mode, he completely blitzed Invel, had he kept going, the fight would've be one sided in Grays favor.

If you don't remember but Gray can mold ice on the same level as Invel' divine ice, which can freeze anything instantly it comes to contact with.

Natsu taking out 2 spriggan 12 members doesn't make him the stronger. You have to realize that Jacob was made into a joke, Happy stopped transport. Then Makarov was the only one to move him and Natsu had to use an all out attack to take him out.

Neinhart on the other hand has low durability. So Natsu taking him out in one blow isn't anything special.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Since when was DeS Gray equal to DF Natsu in Tartarus? Lol
DF Natsu stomped Mard Geer with his raw power. Admittedly he didn't have enough MP or Stamina to finish him off but at least he got him some serious damage.

I believe (idk if it's true tho) that Mard was only finished off by Gray cuz he was unguarded and took damage by Natsu before. If Gray fought Mard in hand to hand like Natsu did in DF he would surely lose.
In Alvarez Gray has shown the feat of defeating Invel (he was full rage so... Yeah... Actually Idk what to be more confused of... That Gray could mold the Ice of Invels armor... Or that that Ice even had an effect on him even tho he's a Ice DeS... Is it like the Natsu-Zancrow thing?) One real feat. Not more. In comparison Natsu has way more.
Anyway... Ranking Gray, for me, is catastrophally hard... Atm at least...
Natsu in comparison is easier to rank among others....

Damn this Manga kills my brain lol
Ranking characters is anything but easy... For me... XD
Mard Geer suffered little to no damage from dragon force Natsu.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I consider black iron Gajeel as being much stronger than Bradman. The bottom line was that black iron Gajeel killed Bloodman. Bloodman didn't have attacks that could do anywhere near the same amount of damage to Gajeel.

Now you might say that Gajeel had to absorb anti-magic particles to actually land hits on Bloodman, but you can easily flip this around around and say that the only thing keeping Bradman in the game was the fact that his anti-magic particles made him intangible to standard physical attacks. Remember, particles can still be effected by stuff like water (Keith), and presumably other elements. Anybody else on Gajeel's power level who used a type of magic that could effect the particles would have stomped Bloodman. For example, if Sting was on Gajeel's power level then Bloodman would be at a serious disadvantage.

As for Natsu and Gray, in terms of attack power I'm definitely giving the edge to Natsu. I definitely don't see attacks like Zero Longsword being on the same level as demolition fist. Demolition Fist takes out a Spriggan in 1 clean hit. Devil's longsword did minor damage. Even Zero Broken Fist took several hits to take down Invel. In my opinion Natsu didn't need FDK mode to take down Jacob. FDK mode was kind of overkill as Jacob was burning up from just the body heat before the attack even landed. If he hit Jacob with the same type of attacks he used against Neinhart, he would have taken him down in 2-3 hits. That said, I'm sure that when Natsu and Gray will be relatively equal once they fight each other. I expect Natsu to have the edge in terms of raw power, but Gray to be able to deal extra damage because his devil slaying magic is super effective. Basically Natsu's attacks would overpower Gray's attacks, but Gray's attacks will be super effective when they land.

Gray might have had a better performance against Invel, but that was because he was written to be Invel's opponent. Also, Gray was a slayer facing an ice-type mage. To put this in perspective, Natsu was able to negate August's melt nuke. Not just for himself, but to also protect Lucy, Happy, and Mest. I would rank this feat every bit as impressive as surviving against Invel's ice.
 
Last edited:

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The bottom line was that Gajeel killed Bloodman.

The bottom line is that Bloodman killed Gajeel too...

Bloodman wasn't the only one that died you know.

And Gajeel died after being given the advantage to transform into something that he couldn't do on his own.

Bloodman was fighting with his own skills and only that.

I see Gajeel as being massively inferior to Bloodman overall.

I swear, Irene should have never used Universe One... that spell has taken away a lot of impact in Bloodman's feats...
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The bottom line is that Bloodman killed Gajeel too...

Bloodman wasn't the only one that died you know.

And Gajeel died after being given the advantage to transform into something that he couldn't do on his own.

Bloodman was fighting with his own skills and only that.

I see Gajeel as being massively inferior to Bloodman overall.

I swear, Irene should have never used Universe One... that spell has taken away a lot of impact in Bloodman's feats...
He killed Gajeel in a suicide attempt. In terms of the actual fighting, he was getting owned. Gajeel wasn't even in his black-iron state when he got pulled in. Gajeel might be weaker than Bloodman in base mode, or even ISD mode. However, in black iron mode he was the far superior fighter.

Bloodman was the only one that died.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He killed Gajeel in a suicide attempt. In terms of the actual fighting, he was getting owned. Gajeel wasn't even in his black-iron state when he got pulled in. Gajeel might be weaker than Bloodman in base mode, or even ISD mode. However, in black iron mode he was the far superior fighter.

Bloodman was the only one that died.
Does it matter in which attempt or form he does it in?

No, it doesn't.

The fact is that Gajeel was being dragged down to hell and was never gonna come out of it.

Not only does that also count as a lost, but it counts as a death.

It's Gajeel's fault for being pulled down, regardless of the actual fighting.


Sure, DF Gajeel lands more damage on Bloodman, but they share the same fate.

DF Gajeel doesn't save him from meeting his death, so it's useless to compare the damage output when the difference between life and death is clearly expressed.


Gajeel and Bloodman both died. It wasn't just Bloodman. I don't know what's so difficult to understand...

Bloodman >> Gajeel without DF

DF Gajeel stalemates with Bloodman. It's really simple....
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Does it matter in which attempt or form he does it in?

No, it doesn't.

The fact is that Gajeel was being dragged down to hell and was never gonna come out of it.

Not only does that also count as a lost, but it counts as a death.

It's Gajeel's fault for being pulled down, regardless of the actual fighting.


Sure, DF Gajeel lands more damage on Bloodman, but they share the same fate.

DF Gajeel doesn't save him from meeting his death, so it's useless to compare the damage output when the difference between life and death is clearly expressed.


Gajeel and Bloodman both died. It wasn't just Bloodman. I don't know what's so difficult to understand...

Bloodman >> Gajeel without DF

DF Gajeel stalemates with Bloodman. It's really simple....
In terms of the actual fighting, Gajeel clearly dominating Bloodman. Saying that Bloodman was on Gajeel's level is like saying Tempesta was on Laxus' level because he did him in with the anti-magic particles. There is a clear difference in how well they fought.

Also, Gajeel never actually died. He would have died had Universe One not intercepted the transport, but even then... The most you can say is that Bloodman forced a stalemate against Gajeel, after getting owned in the actual fighting. Which is probably the most accurate way to describe what happened.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
I consider black iron Gajeel as being much stronger than Bradman.
Just thought I'd mention that Gajeel's "Black Iron" was almost certainly Dragon Force.The panel was preceded by him saying he was always behind and in the panel where he transforms it says that he has "Black Iron" scales. Given the flashback and how he entered the mode (consuming excess Iron, much like Natsu eating the Golden Flame), I think it's fair to assume that it was DF.
The bottom line was that black iron Gajeel killed Bloodman. Bloodman didn't have attacks that could do anywhere near the same amount of damage to Gajeel.
And Bradman was going to take Gajeel with him, Bradman is largely hax based so it's not that surprising that his power (while good) isn't "OMG" overwhelming.
Now you might say that Gajeel had to absorb anti-magic particles to actually land hits on Bloodman, but you can easily flip this around around and say that the only thing keeping Bradman in the game was the fact that his anti-magic particles made him intangible to standard physical attacks.
How can you flip that around? It doesn't matter that the particles were game changing as it's part of Bradman's ability, it would be like saying that Brandish would crush DiMaria if the latter didn't have Age Seal. It doesn't matter because Bradman does have that, and even then I disagree as Bradman has the Bomb curse meaning that for every time base Gajeel hits Bradman he's going to have to tank an explosion straight after.

Bradman's skill set is what kept him in the fight, it's what allowed him to massacre base Gajeel to the extent that he tried something suicidal. You could even argue that Bradman could have won a lot sooner, he could have ripped Gajeel's senses away, enhanced his sensitivity to pain, enhanced himself, (possibly) used Macro etc. Seriously, Bradman was murdering Gajeel without using his best curses and with Gajeel receiving help.
Remember, particles can still be effected by stuff like water (Keith), and presumably other elements. Anybody else on Gajeel's power level who used a type of magic that could effect the particles would have stomped Bloodman. For example, if Sting was on Gajeel's power level then Bloodman would be at a serious disadvantage..
What? Are you serious? First of all Bradman has the Absorption curse, he could just steal the soul of any spell launched at him. Second of all, anyone on the power of base Gajeel with a way to bypass his intangibility could stomp Bradman? I'd agree if you'd said DF Gajeel but Bradman was fodderizing base Gajeel, to the extent that even when he had help and Bradman wasn't using his best curses he was helpless. Third (and most importantly) is that your forgetting something...

Had it been anyone but Gajeel, they'd be suffering (if not dying) from MBP's and getting spammed by his curses. Bradman has so many ways of killing human mages that it's not even funny.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think Ajeel is the most underrated Spriggan 12 member personally, he has some serious attack power plus Sands of Death is a ridiculously OP move....
On second thought, is Ajeel's strongest technique Sands of Death or Sand World?
Wahl is definitely the most overrated Spriggan 12 member, let's get real here, the only reason he was able to land those attacks on Laxus in the first place was because Laxus was struggling to even breathe, if Kagura could counter those missiles, I'm fairly sure most characters can evade his attacks
Well, I agree that Ajeel is underrated.
Though to be fair, so are Neinhart, Jacob, and to a certain extent Wall.
The only Spriggan I would say is overrated is God Serena.
And I'm not saying this lightly, because I feel I personally feel like I had a hand in overrating him.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
Does it matter in which attempt or form he does it in?

No, it doesn't.

The fact is that Gajeel was being dragged down to hell and was never gonna come out of it.

Not only does that also count as a lost, but it counts as a death.

It's Gajeel's fault for being pulled down, regardless of the actual fighting.


Sure, DF Gajeel lands more damage on Bloodman, but they share the same fate.

DF Gajeel doesn't save him from meeting his death, so it's useless to compare the damage output when the difference between life and death is clearly expressed.


Gajeel and Bloodman both died. It wasn't just Bloodman. I don't know what's so difficult to understand...

Bloodman >> Gajeel without DF

DF Gajeel stalemates with Bloodman. It's really simple....
I don't think it's quite fair to use suicide attacks or anything like that as a feat. By that logic we would have to take into account Iced Shell when discussing Gray.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Just thought I'd mention that Gajeel's "Black Iron" was almost certainly Dragon Force.The panel was preceded by him saying he was always behind and in the panel where he transforms it says that he has "Black Iron" scales. Given the flashback and how he entered the mode (consuming excess Iron, much like Natsu eating the Golden Flame), I think it's fair to assume that it was DF.

And Bradman was going to take Gajeel with him, Bradman is largely hax based so it's not that surprising that his power (while good) isn't "OMG" overwhelming.

How can you flip that around? It doesn't matter that the particles were game changing as it's part of Bradman's ability, it would be like saying that Brandish would crush DiMaria if the latter didn't have Age Seal. It doesn't matter because Bradman does have that, and even then I disagree as Bradman has the Bomb curse meaning that for every time base Gajeel hits Bradman he's going to have to tank an explosion straight after.

Bradman's skill set is what kept him in the fight, it's what allowed him to massacre base Gajeel to the extent that he tried something suicidal. You could even argue that Bradman could have won a lot sooner, he could have ripped Gajeel's senses away, enhanced his sensitivity to pain, enhanced himself, (possibly) used Macro etc. Seriously, Bradman was murdering Gajeel without using his best curses and with Gajeel receiving help.

What? Are you serious? First of all Bradman has the Absorption curse, he could just steal the soul of any spell launched at him. Second of all, anyone on the power of base Gajeel with a way to bypass his intangibility could stomp Bradman? I'd agree if you'd said DF Gajeel but Bradman was fodderizing base Gajeel, to the extent that even when he had help and Bradman wasn't using his best curses he was helpless. Third (and most importantly) is that your forgetting something...

Had it been anyone but Gajeel, they'd be suffering (if not dying) from MBP's and getting spammed by his curses. Bradman has so many ways of killing human mages that it's not even funny.
Well it was called black iron, "kurogane", so that's the term I'm using until confirmation otherwise. Though I agree if Gajeel was truly dragonized, he would be in Dragon Force. There is a minor point about being similar to Natsu's golden flame DF though. The golden flame was all of Jellal's magical power. That's what Natsu ate, and so it makes sense that he would gain a huge boost in magic. In Gajeel's case, what he ate was the tiny amount of iron in the anti-magic particles. Not only was it described as a small amount of iron, but anti-magic particles actually cancel out ethernano. So it's a bit odd why Gajeel would gain a boost in MP to say the least.

Yes, Bloodman is largely haxed base. However, at the end of the day, the only hax that was really going to work against Gajeel was a double suicide. Over Skelter was tanked and escaped, and Gajeel can survive the other curses. Bloodman may have the absorption curse, but he has to actually think to use it. Gajeel was blitzing Bloodman at a rate where he couldn't even react. If we're talking about abilities they had but didn't use, I might as well argue why Gajeel didn't choose to abuse his ability to hide in shadows for the whole fight. Also, I'm of the opinion that stuff like Macro has limits. Otherwise, we would have seen Mirajane use it against the twins instead of using up all her power in Alegria. Gajeel, especially black iron Gajeel, would have been above that limit.

I'm not saying anti-magic particles are not part of Bloodman's arsenal. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying anyone with magic with an element that can actually harm anti-magic particles (for example, Juvia with her water magic) would not have the disadvantage that Gajeel had for being solely reliant on physical attacks. If that mage was on black iron Gajeel's level in terms of power level, they would have taken Bloodman with ease. I also make a distinction between power level (amount of MP/curse power) and how hax someone's ability is. Brandish and Dimaria are on the same level. Brandish can just as easily cause Dimaria's head to explode if she decides to act first. Brandish doesn't even need to click her teeth to cast her magic. If hax is all that matters, then someone like Wall would stomp Bloodman zero difficulty.

Also, to your point about anyone else would have been suffering from the MBP's. That may be true. However, if they had the sense to hold their breath they could probably last as long as Levy. Someone like Laxus, for example, would be able to kill Bloodman within that timeframe.
 
Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As for Natsu and Gray, in terms of attack power I'm definitely giving the edge to Natsu. I definitely don't see attacks like Zero Longsword being on the same level as demolition fist. Demolition Fist takes out a Spriggan in 1 clean hit. Devil's longsword did minor damage. Even Zero Broken Fist took several hits to take down Invel. In my opinion Natsu didn't need FDK mode to take down Jacob. FDK mode was kind of overkill as Jacob was burning up from just the body heat before the attack even landed. If he hit Jacob with the same type of attacks he used against Neinhart, he would have taken him down in 2-3 hits. That said, I'm sure that when Natsu and Gray will be relatively equal once they fight each other. I expect Natsu to have the edge in terms of raw power, but Gray to be able to deal extra damage because his devil slaying magic is super effective. Basically Natsu's attacks would overpower Gray's attacks, but Gray's attacks will be super effective when they land.

Gray might have had a better performance against Invel, but that was because he was written to be Invel's opponent. Also, Gray was a slayer facing an ice-type mage. To put this in perspective, Natsu was able to negate August's melt nuke. Not just for himself, but to also protect Lucy, Happy, and Mest. I would rank this feat every bit as impressive as surviving against Invel's ice.
I will keep my words, so you won't see any arguments from my side. But I have a few questions:
  1. If you say Natsu didn't need to use FDKM to defeat Jacob, then why did he use it? Surely it wasn't because he was "angry", right?
  2. Similarly, if FDKM was overkill, then why did Jacob survive it? It appears Neinhart didn't...
  3. How can you say Gray's Ice Devil's Zeroth: Destruction Fist took several hits to take down Invel, but then say Natsu's FDKM was overkill? Wouldn't this also be a situation where it would be considered "overkill"?
  4. How is Gray's performance against Invel even comparable to Natsu negating August's attack? Natsu was only able to perform such a feat because he has a counter to heat-based spells. On the other hand, Invel's ice was said to affect all mages even DeS users.
 
Last edited:

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Well, I agree that Ajeel is underrated.
Though to be fair, so are Neinhart, Jacob, and to a certain extent Wall.
The only Spriggan I would say is overrated is God Serena.
And I'm not saying this lightly, because I feel I personally feel like I had a hand in overrating him.
First of all, welcome back :)
I don't think Lessio is underrated, we've already seen that his best technique, Transport, can be countered provided you're fast enough to block his hands before he claps.
How is God Serena overrated though? I'm curious on your opinion on that
 
Top