Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
Thanks for answering my questions.
If the author's words are nothing to you, that says it all.
All solved.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Thanks for answering my questions.
If the author's words are nothing to you, that says it all.
All solved.
Wow Detective..... You cracked the case
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
you'll have to forgive me butI had never encountered these types of comments and ways to see and read the manga.

I must say that I really see Laxus and Erza on the same level right now.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
you'll have to forgive me butI had never encountered these types of comments and ways to see and read the manga.

I must say that I really see Laxus and Erza on the same level right now.
they are on the same tier but Laxus is SLIGHTLY above her.

happy now :cheez
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
they are on the same tier but Laxus is SLIGHTLY above her.

happy now :cheez
I think you are very wrong with me.
It's not about being happy or not, I know what I read.

I know the answer because I know what the author means, trying to put this type of response demonstrates the level of comment about you.

and I put the level on erza and laxus because this issue seems to be deviating a bit about what it is, which is scale of powers.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I think you are very wrong with me.
It's not about being happy or not, I know what I read.

I know the answer because I know what the author means, trying to put this type of response demonstrates the level of comment about you.

and I put the level on erza and laxus because this issue seems to be deviating a bit about what it is, which is scale of powers.
I don't understand what you're trying to say, fam.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
sorry, but all I write is by google translator.
but obviously nobody here knows or has more authority than the author of the manga.

I know you're not going to take notice of these comments, but I think that's what I should do.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
you'll have to forgive me butI had never encountered these types of comments and ways to see and read the manga.

I must say that I really see Laxus and Erza on the same level right now.
They aren’t on the same level. Laxus beat Kiria, who managed to stalemate Erza red pants and wasnt completely overwhelmed by DS Erza, still ready and willing to fight. An Laxus put her down, then turned around and put Erza down right after. She’s finally made his tier (with all her amps) but he’s clearly still ahead of her. Unless you completely ignore your only claim to victory is him not having the magic he spent putting Kiria down.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
They aren’t on the same level. Laxus beat Kiria, who managed to stalemate Erza red pants and wasnt completely overwhelmed by DS Erza, still ready and willing to fight. An Laxus put her down, then turned around and put Erza down right after. She’s finally made his tier (with all her amps) but he’s clearly still ahead of her. Unless you completely ignore your only claim to victory is him not having the magic he spent putting Kiria down.
You ignore that fact.
You say a lot that he ran out of magic to beat Kyria, but it is not convenient for you to say that Erza held back almost the entire battle.
there is nothing superior in laxus, he spent a little magic on kyria and she did not hit with all her strength until the last chapter.

if it had not been contained who knows where laxus would be, but that does not suit you.

And why do you think there was superiority in the part where Erza was holding back?
Laxus was only superior when she did not fight seriously, even when she dealt the fire-ice blows she was holding back, she left Laxus very wounded not seriously fight.

I think it is much more in favor that she was restraining herself (that she could have finished the fight in that slash of going seriously) to he use a little magic.
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Erza wasn't holding back by the end of the fight with Laxus. She went all out and was exhausted. The fact that Erza said she used up all her power and then collapsed from exhaustion simply makes her statements about holding back irrelevant. At some point during the fight, Erza switched to going all out. The end result was that she collapsed first.

Laxus was exhausted too, but he had expended power to fight Kyria with earlier. That would have been power to spare had he not fought Erza earlier.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
Erza wasn't holding back by the end of the fight with Laxus. She went all out and was exhausted. The fact that Erza said she used up all her power and then collapsed from exhaustion simply makes her statements about holding back irrelevant. At some point during the fight, Erza switched to going all out. The end result was that she collapsed first.

Laxus was exhausted too, but he had expended power to fight Kyria with earlier. That would have been power to spare had he not fought Erza earlier.
Erza held back almost the entire fight, says Laxus himself right after he received the slashes that almost destroyed him. (Erza held back)
Please do not deny the words of laxus written in the chapter.

from there she fought seriously and there was only equality there.

by the way.
for those who don't know about the double ko.

Many times in boxing matches they hit each other and fall.
but sometimes one falls before the other and remains double ko.
some fall from the pull and the other starts to play dumb while passing out, and that is the same period of time, even having fallen 6 seconds later.

Victories are given to the first one who gets up or to the one who has obtained the most points.
only in tournaments, not in death fights.

Also, in real life you can't pass out because you don't have magic, but in this vs the 2 passed out because their don't have magic.

both admitted defeat, both.

Now I'm going to sleep, I'll try to read tomorrow
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Erza held back almost the entire fight, says Laxus himself right after he received the slashes that almost destroyed him. (Erza held back)
Please do not deny the words of laxus written in the chapter.

from there she fought seriously and there was only equality there.

by the way.
for those who don't know about the double ko.

Many times in boxing matches they hit each other and fall.
but sometimes one falls before the other and remains double ko.
some fall from the pull and the other starts to play dumb while passing out, and that is the same period of time, even having fallen 6 seconds later.

Victories are given to the first one who gets up or to the one who has obtained the most points.
only in tournaments, not in death fights.

Also, in real life you can't pass out because you don't have magic, but in this vs the 2 passed out because their don't have magic.

both admitted defeat, both.

Now I'm going to sleep, I'll try to read tomorrow
It doesn't matter. What matters here is that Erza absolutely went all out by the end of the fight, and exhausted herself before Laxus did. That shows us Laxus was very slightly better. If we account for the power he spent against Kyria earlier on, then you could make the argument that Laxus would have had enough power to hit Erza with his secret art had he not had to fight Kyria earlier.

If you want to use real life boxing terminology here then there wasn't even a KO, let alone a double KO. They didn't even hit each other with their final attacks. What happened was their attacks canceled each other out, and then Erza collapsed from exhaustion first. Then afterwards, Laxus sat down and also collapsed from exhaustion. This wouldn't even qualify as TKO. If you collapsed from exhaustion and say "I lose", that's forfeiture. So if this was being judge by real life standards, then what happened was Erza forfeited the match. Btw, there was more than 10 seconds since Erza collapsed to when Laxus collapsed. So even if we do want to count it as a knock out, a judge would call the fight from a standing 10 count from the moment Erza collapsed. It still wouldn't be a double KO. If this was an MMA match, then the time spent on the ground wouldn't have even counted.
 

GL_Nova

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 3, 2017
Messages
3,068
Reaction score
3,168
Age
37
Country
United States
You ignore that fact.
You say a lot that he ran out of magic to beat Kyria, but it is not convenient for you to say that Erza held back almost the entire battle.
there is nothing superior in laxus, he spent a little magic on kyria and she did not hit with all her strength until the last chapter.

if it had not been contained who knows where laxus would be, but that does not suit you.

And why do you think there was superiority in the part where Erza was holding back?
Laxus was only superior when she did not fight seriously, even when she dealt the fire-ice blows she was holding back, she left Laxus very wounded not seriously fight.

I think it is much more in favor that she was restraining herself (that she could have finished the fight in that slash of going seriously) to he use a little magic.
Their battle was 2 chapters. See, I’m basing my argument on the battle and Erza’s opinion. Her reaction to his blows was marveling at his power. She tried to put him down with those twin blades and Laxus tanked it. Then he told her she couldn’t do it holding back, yes, and then he put her down. Erza felt like you did, that she would come out on top. An she didn’t. I continue to emphasize Kiria because those who want this to be a win Erza focus on Laxus admitting he was out of MP afterwards. Which is only the case because he fought two opponents back to back. That fact isn’t lessened by the fact Erza thought she could 1 shot Laxus with that spell and couldn’t.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
It doesn't matter. What matters here is that Erza absolutely went all out by the end of the fight, and exhausted herself before Laxus did. That shows us Laxus was very slightly better. If we account for the power he spent against Kyria earlier on, then you could make the argument that Laxus would have had enough power to hit Erza with his secret art had he not had to fight Kyria earlier.

If you want to use real life boxing terminology here then there wasn't even a KO, let alone a double KO. They didn't even hit each other with their final attacks. What happened was their attacks canceled each other out, and then Erza collapsed from exhaustion first. Then afterwards, Laxus sat down and also collapsed from exhaustion. This wouldn't even qualify as TKO. If you collapsed from exhaustion and say "I lose", that's forfeiture. So if this was being judge by real life standards, then what happened was Erza forfeited the match. Btw, there was more than 10 seconds since Erza collapsed to when Laxus collapsed. So even if we do want to count it as a knock out, a judge would call the fight from a standing 10 count from the moment Erza collapsed. It still wouldn't be a double KO. If this was an MMA match, then the time spent on the ground wouldn't have even counted.
I know very well the result of vs because I have the confirmation of the author, but you have none, what you have are excuses ignoring what the author himself puts

you say there was no double ko, but mashima did.
What I read about you are comments denying the author himself, at least on this subject, whether for favoritism or another reason.

you can not deny what puts mashima, you can not know more than him, much less invent things denying what happens.
You can put what you want, it is what you do, but it is not the right thing.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I know very well the result of vs because I have the confirmation of the author, but you have none, what you have are excuses ignoring what the author himself puts

you say there was no double ko, but mashima did.
What I read about you are comments denying the author himself, at least on this subject, whether for favoritism or another reason.

you can not deny what puts mashima, you can not know more than him, much less invent things denying what happens.
You can put what you want, it is what you do, but it is not the right thing.
No what you are doing is taking the words out of context and trying to so hard to prove something that didn't happen. Erza lost, get over it. Stop trying to be so poetic about it and move on.

Saying Erza and Laxus tied is like saying Gajeel and Natsu tied. Skullion/Madmole vs Elfman/Mirajane was an actual tie
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I know very well the result of vs because I have the confirmation of the author, but you have none, what you have are excuses ignoring what the author himself puts

you say there was no double ko, but mashima did.
What I read about you are comments denying the author himself, at least on this subject, whether for favoritism or another reason.

you can not deny what puts mashima, you can not know more than him, much less invent things denying what happens.
You can put what you want, it is what you do, but it is not the right thing.
Nobody is denying that Mashima called it a double knockout in his chapter covers. I am perfectly fine with taking that statement at face value. This doesn't change the fact that no real life boxing judge would call a double knockout on two people who collapse from exhaustion more than 30 seconds apart. So trying to pretend that real life boxing has any bearing on this conversation is wrong to begin with.

None of this matters anyways. Erza collapsed first, and Laxus fought Kyria beforehand. Laxus didn't collapse from the injuries he sustained. He collapsed because of magical exhaustion. Had he not fought Kyria, he would have had enough power left over to use the secret art he used on Kyria earlier.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
Nobody is denying that Mashima called it a double knockout in his chapter covers. I am perfectly fine with taking that statement at face value. This doesn't change the fact that no real life boxing judge would call a double knockout on two people who collapse from exhaustion more than 30 seconds apart. So trying to pretend that real life boxing has any bearing on this conversation is wrong to begin with.

None of this matters anyways. Erza collapsed first, and Laxus fought Kyria beforehand. Laxus didn't collapse from the injuries he sustained. He collapsed because of magical exhaustion. Had he not fought Kyria, he would have had enough power left over to use the secret art he used on Kyria earlier.
you should know that if you are denying the double ko.

Erza fainted by exhausting her magical power just like Laxus, both admitted.

he who faints within a few seconds does not give him victory, but knowing that he recognized defeat.

If you know what double ko means, you should know what a tie means.
Only in tournaments are special rules given, one of them is who gets up first.

if you really say that you can recognize that mashima put double ko, then what do you deny it?
What you say is totally a contradiction.

Erza and Laxus fainted from exhausting their magic.

Laxus used a little earlier, everyone agrees, and Erza was held back until the last chapter.

If you know how to recognize things, you should know that if she had not been contained, then Laxus would be much worse, moreover, perhaps he did not even have the opportunity to continue after those slashs.

If you really recognize reading double ko and what that means then you do denying it, be a contradiction in what you say.

What I put in the boxing rules was to make you see that those rules are only made in competitions, NOT IN DEATH COMBATS WHERE BOTH RECOGNIZE THE DEFEAT.

I read the story of mashima, if you want to invent another one, then you only deceive yourself.

By the way, since Erza faints to the fact that Laxus faints, not even 6 seconds pass.

read well, erza ko smiling, laxus sits, says that is my line, I have no magic too, faints.

Writing this is 10 seconds, doing so is much less.

You say you know how to read a manga, but this part you don't know how to read or don't think you read.

No what you are doing is taking the words out of context and trying to so hard to prove something that didn't happen. Erza lost, get over it. Stop trying to be so poetic about it and move on.

Saying Erza and Laxus tied is like saying Gajeel and Natsu tied. Skullion/Madmole vs Elfman/Mirajane was an actual tie
You should know that the one who does not know how to read the manga are others.

I know what I read, the story of mashima, yours where you invent victories out of context I don't read it.

you want to deceive yourself, you don't want to pay attention to the author himself.

you dare to talk about overcoming or I know, I don't read your imaginary manga, I just read fairy tail by hiro mashima.
and if he says that it is a double ko, you are no one to deny that fact.

What a shame to invent your own stories when the author puts another.
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
you should know that if you are denying the double ko.

Erza fainted by exhausting his magical power just like Laxus, both admitted.

he who faints within a few seconds does not give him victory, but knowing that he recognized defeat.

If you know what double ko means, you should know what a tie means.
Only in tournaments are special rules given, one of them is who gets up first.

if you really say that you can recognize that mashima put double ko, then what do you deny it?
What you say is totally a contradiction.

Erza and Laxus fainted from exhausting their magic.

Laxus used a little earlier, everyone agrees, and Erza was held back until the last chapter.

If you know how to recognize things, you should know that if she had not been contained, then Laxus would be much worse, moreover, perhaps he did not even have the opportunity to continue after those slashs.

If you really recognize reading double ko and what that means then you do denying it, be a contradiction in what you say.

What I put in the boxing rules was to make you see that those rules are only made in competitions, NOT IN DEATH COMBATS WHERE BOTH RECOGNIZE THE DEFEAT.

I read the story of mashima, if you want to invent another one, then you only deceive yourself.

By the way, since Erza faints to the fact that Laxus faints, not even 6 seconds pass.

read well, erza ko smiling, laxus sits, says that is my line, I have no magic too, faints.

Writing this is 10 seconds, doing so is much less.

You say you know how to read a manga, but this part you don't know how to read or don't think you read.
I know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to boxing. This is how the match would be judged if it happened in real life under Queensbury rules: Erza collapsed first, and it was more than a few seconds. They had an entire conversation that spanned multiple pages. A ref would start the standing 10 count from the moment Erza's knees touch the ground. The match would be called 10 seconds after that. Even assuming that Erza and Laxus held their conversation at breakneck speed, Erza simply said "I lost". That's a verbal tap-out. The ref would be forced to accept the forfeiture even if he wanted to call a TKO on Erza. Which ends the match right there, and makes everything that happens afterwards irrelevant. Laxus could literally die afterwards, and the commission would still have to give the match to Laxus. I take Hiro Mashima calling it a double-KO at face value, because Hiro isn't actually talking about a double-KOs the same way a real life boxer would. What Laxus and Erza are doing here are so very clearly not the same thing as what happens when 2 boxers knock each other out.

All of this is irrelevant because it doesn't change the fact that Erza collapsed first and Laxus had a fight with Kyria earlier. You can go on and on about how Erza held back in the beginning, but at some point she went all out. The final result has Laxus standing for longer than Erza did. He would have been standing for even longer had he saved the MP he used to cast the secret art against Kyria. Simply put: If Laxus hadn't fought Kyria earlier, then he would have enough power left for a secret art at the end of his fight with Erza. Now you could argue that it wouldn't be much compared to Laxus' stronger attacks, but it would still be an attack that Laxus would be able to use against an unconscious Erza.
 

bugen

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
1,261
Country
Spain
I know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to boxing. This is how the match would be judged if it happened in real life under Queensbury rules: Erza collapsed first, and it was more than a few seconds. They had an entire conversation that spanned multiple pages. A ref would start the standing 10 count from the moment Erza's knees touch the ground. The match would be called 10 seconds after that. Even assuming that Erza and Laxus held their conversation at breakneck speed, Erza simply said "I lost". That's a verbal tap-out. The ref would be forced to accept the forfeiture even if he wanted to call a TKO on Erza. Which ends the match right there, and makes everything that happens afterwards irrelevant. Laxus could literally die afterwards, and the commission would still have to give the match to Laxus. I take Hiro Mashima calling it a double-KO at face value, because Hiro isn't actually talking about a double-KOs the same way a real life boxer would. What Laxus and Erza are doing here are so very clearly not the same thing as what happens when 2 boxers knock each other out.

All of this is irrelevant because it doesn't change the fact that Erza collapsed first and Laxus had a fight with Kyria earlier. You can go on and on about how Erza held back in the beginning, but at some point she went all out. The final result has Laxus standing for longer than Erza did. He would have been standing for even longer had he saved the MP he used to cast the secret art against Kyria. Simply put: If Laxus hadn't fought Kyria earlier, then he would have enough power left for a secret art at the end of his fight with Erza. Now you could argue that it wouldn't be much compared to Laxus' stronger attacks, but it would still be an attack that Laxus would be able to use against an unconscious Erza.

I see that it is impossible.

the tournament counter only counts since he falls to the ground, not when he is awake and talking ... and this is not a tournament, I repeat.

Nothing to tell at the time of the talk, she is awake talking.

You don't know that counting is only done when ko is left.

and that only in tournaments with rules, here there are no winner rules, because there is no winner.

and I remind you that he admits defeat, there is no victory.

I think the problem I see in you is that you start counting from the erza conversation, and that is wrong, it is since she is left ko later.

if not, then mashima could not have put double ko, because that means that the 2 are knocked out in the same period of time, which happens, it does not take even 6 seconds to fall ko after erza.

If it was a victory for Laxus, Mashima should have put both ko or ko with arrows to each one, apart from which Laxus should also have said that he won, but you know that he said he also lost.

I usually read the comments of the majority, but it seems to me that you were more reasonable than many, but in this case I cannot find anything reasonable, because you deny the author himself, although I think I know that it is because you think he was counting from the speech of erza and that is not like that.

and if she held back, you should know that the vs after the slash would have already ended the fight surely, Laxus himself as a fighter who is know when someone is contained and told her.

one had a little less magic and the other it was held until the final part.

both were matched, both were sold out, both recognized defeat, double ko means double ko, no win.
 
Top