- but that won't help her here. she'll take a lot of damage. if she gets hurt but DF Wendy, what makes you think would happen if Laxus punches her???
- yeah but this really doesn't help her in one on one unless she wants to become a Berserker
- it definitely is, humans having DS was a game changer during war until they started to lose mind
so I ask again, what combat feat does she has in her human form to contend with Laxus???
-She will take a lot of damage? Look how much damage she took from Erza and Wendy? and she was still standing and only died because she killed herself.
- I'm not saying that She needs to use the enchant, I am saying her magic enchantment was strong enough to stalemate a top FT wizard, which would leave you to believe that her magic would be plenty to damage Laxus.
- I am saying that it isn't a far-fetched idea that humans DS's are able to take down dragons since Acnologia was doing it before he turned into a dragon.
-Human Irene, doesn't have any combat feats because she didn't technically win her fight, but Laxus beating Wahl and that be his only feat does not put him above Irene in the slightest since she was already known to be higher than everyone except August. If we were just going by combat feats then Erza is miles above Laxus because she not only destroyed a meteor and took down a dragon, but she did it with her whole body being numb besides her arm. The whole feat argument is very flawed in my opinion
-Human Irene, doesn't have any combat feats because she didn't technically win her fight, but Laxus beating Wahl and that be his only feat does not put him above Irene in the slightest since she was already known to be higher than everyone except August. If we were just going by combat feats then Erza is miles above Laxus because she not only destroyed a meteor and took down a dragon, but she did it with her whole body being numb besides her arm. The whole feat argument is very flawed in my opinion
no one uses Irene's fight since it's a bigger PIS than any fight in Alvarez bar FH Zeref vs Natsu. she already got wrekted by two Spriggans (one wasn't even taken seriously by Laxus and another who is a clown of S12). you can remove RL from Laxus and he still shits on Ajeel and Neinhart.
2 anti feats > 1 feat for Erza so even if you wanna include her feat against Irene, it still fells short against 2 anti feats.
this is where we disagree. I no longer go by villains hype.
no one uses Irene's fight since it's a bigger PIS than any fight in Alvarez bar FH Zeref vs Natsu. she already got wrekted by two Spriggans (one wasn't even taken seriously by Laxus and another who is a clown of S12). you can remove RL from Laxus and he still shits on Ajeel and Neinhart.
2 anti feats > 1 feat for Erza
this is where we disagree. I no longer go by villains hype.
Laxus did not put Erza down. Both fainted from exhaustion. Laxus may barely squeak out a "win" but guess what, this isn't a tournament. This is a battle and you don't just go to sleep on the battlefield when you have other enemies and other goals you are trying to accomplish. Both characters took each other out of the battle and left themselves vulnerable to other enemies. I don't get how people can say he went to sleep. That man fainted because he spent all of his magical power to stalemate a previously thought "weaker" Erza. You can say that he was weakened because of Kyria, but he still looked pretty fresh to me.
Onto the next point, I was replying to the fact that other people were talking about feats of Irene and Laxus. The only feat Laxus had in Alvarez was beating Wahl. Irene was already stated as being one of the top two Spriggans, so Laxus defeating Wahl doesn't put him above Irene in the slightest. Just because you have a feat doesn't automatically make you stronger than another person. If that was the case then I would have put Erza above Laxus because she literally smashed a meteor with most of her body in a heap, but I knew that that power came from POF and only comes at times of extreme emotion.
Another point, Irene could have killed Erza at the end. Wendy and Erza were defenseless, but she stabbed herself because of the relationship Erza and Irene had. It's not like that one was a stalemate like the Erza Laxus fight. Irene still had gas left in the tank.
That’s literally what Laxus did last arc. An it’s what the heroes have been doing throughout the series. How many times have we seen them win, and then go down? Take a sec I have time.
I mean, the only person doing any downplaying here is you. There’s a reason everyone has put him above her till now. An looking at the facts: Kiria has shown herself to exceed red pants Erza and match DS Erza. Laxus put Kiria down a minute or 2 before he turned around and fought Erza. The only version of victory here for Erza is Laxus being out of Magic. He’s out of magic because he fought 2 opponents back to back.
Well he 1 shot Wahl, who is the second most impressive Spriggan combat wise. An he, according to August himself, almost effortlessly 1 shot Ajeel. That puts him as at least a top tier Spriggan.
I mean, Laxus could have stomped Erza’s head in.That’s not what happened though. At least he’s still alive though. An now, so is Irene in a way.
That’s literally what Laxus did last arc. An it’s what the heroes have been doing throughout the series. How many times have we seen them win, and then go down? Take a sec I have time.
I mean, the only person doing any downplaying here is you. There’s a reason everyone has put him above her till now. An looking at the facts: Kiria has shown herself to exceed red pants Erza and match DS Erza. Laxus put Kiria down a minute or 2 before he turned around and fought Erza. The only version of victory here for Erza is Laxus being out of Magic. He’s out of magic because he fought 2 opponents back to back.
Well he 1 shot Wahl, who is the second most impressive Spriggan combat wise. An he, according to August himself, almost effortlessly 1 shot Ajeel. That puts him as at least a top tier Spriggan.
I mean, Laxus could have stomped Erza’s head in.That’s not what happened though. At least he’s still alive though. An now, so is Irene in a way.
One, Laxus didn't faint last arc. he was still up at the end of the fight with Wahl. I really don't want to look back through all of the fights, but I see where you are coming from. I will agree that Laxus won the fight because Erza fell first, but it wasn't a one sided beating as I have seen Laxus fans try to point out. In the Grand scheme of things though, Laxus' goals were to destroy the orbs and kill or turn white anyone that got in their way. Erza's goals were to protect the orb. Both of them were rendered useless because they both passed out from exhaustion
, So yeah I consider that a stalemate in my book. I also see Kyria as a warm-up that he didn't really have to go hard with. It expended some magic, but Laxus had complete control of that match from start to finish and didn't look at all affected by that fight. I would also say that Kyria v Erza is more of a match-up weakness then Kyria is on Erza's level based on how Erza fought Laxus.
I don't disagree that Laxus is strong I just don't believe he was on the tier of Irene based on one fight with Wahl. That doesn't mean that I think Irene is tiers above him, I just think based on the information given that Irene is still stronger than Laxus
Lastly, Laxus could not have done anything to Erza otherwise he would have. Truth is he was to exhausted to do anything else and fell down to pass out. If he was still able to go then he either would have killed her, turned her white, or went to go and destroy the orb since that is what his goals were to do. The fact that he didn't do any of these three things is proof that he didn't just go to sleep like some want to claim.
I am glad he is alive too! I love all of the characters and want to see them thrive. I'm also really glad we have some Irene back as well
Yeah, sure my dude. Eileen, who was seething in anger and screaming hysterically was definitely 'holding back' against Erza. Her pulling down a meteor on Erza was also 'holding back'. Give me a fucking break lol
Erza was never 'whooped' by Wendy Belserion, she was overwhelmed? Sure. And that was only because Erza was clearly holding back in order to not harm Wendy's body.
Neither did he, against Eileen.
Even AUGUST, who was stomping Gildarts in physical combat, couldn't react to it......meaning, the same attack would've one shot August as well. If August, who's far above Gildarts in physical combat, couldn't react; Eileen, who's on Erza tier in physical combat wouldn't react as well.
I’m comparing all of it. An this current battle clearly shows that Laxus is capable of beating Erza after taking out another comparable opponent.
Laxus told her she couldn’t beat him without fighting to kill, fighting all out. He literally tells her she isn’t powerful enough to try and put him down, but needed to claw for victory, and then beat her into submission. Laxus defeated her pretty decisively. An after winning their slug out (where she was slicing with her sword) still got off more spells than her, and obliterated her own. Hence her speech. She, like you, thought differently. An Laxus showed her the truth.
Elfman has kept pace with the rest of Team Tenrou, but is definitely the weakest of the real players.
Laxus roar isn’t downgraded. We’ve seen that roars can have different intensities. She def gets the feat though. She survived more spells than Kiria and Wahl did lol. An speaking of a Wahl, unlocking a new ability mid battle isn’t a new thing for shounen. An Laxus getting something that turned his regular lightning comparable to his DS spells, was a massive gain. I read FT, POF don’t bother me. An since it’s behind literally every major victory Erza has, a poor deflection.
Certainly not, Wahl is one of the stronger Spriggan. His toy was as powerful as Ajeel and Brandish was. He was literally the power house behind two seperate squads. He’s got the best offense shown as well. So maybe Jura to Orga. An the fact Orga matched Laxus base. Now able to ignore Laxus magic. An Laxus is still slapping him around. An his discorvery let him 1 shot dude. Then go on to beat Hades. Who is revived to be a challenge relative to where Laxus is.
Gray POF with his full demon powers had to steal Invel’a power and rely on that to win. Laxus was able to one shot somebody in base once he got around their immunity.
Dude, he was compared by Hades, Makarov, Gray. An we have August and Zeref both acknowledging his strength. Laxus position is based on active showings.
Hades flat out stated he didn’t know Makarov has another soldier of Gildarts caliber. Point blank. Makarov hoped Erza could take him. He wasn’t sure but only she stood a chance in his mind. Nobody else was even ready. An you accept this but don’t believe Makarov saying that Jura was a threat they needed Gildarts for? Don’t believe Mira that he would beat her and Erza together? You also forgot that Zeref was implicit that with his knowledge and intelligence on the guild he expected Laxus and Jellal to be able to reach him first. As he sits behind his entire assembled force.
He showed us nothing has changed. In FF he had Laxus basically come out on top against Natsu and Gajeel as a squad. Now we see he has enough power to beat Kiria and Erza back to back. Vindication feels great.
Laxus doesnt seems to capable of putting erza down. He is slightly stronger now i guess with red lightening mode. But even with that difference between erza and red lightening laxus is less than gmg laxus and gmg jura
He didnt say any of that man.
He is being controlled. So its possible he cant hold back. Erza is technically fighting a friend. She has to hold back. Once erza went in the same mind set as laxus. It was complete stalemate
Well i thought laxus was always around erza
From erza speech, erza seems to think laxus was always below.
But the truth seems laxus was always around erza
Every attack can have different intensities. I say downgrade because jellal gc took out nienhart. Laxus roar hasnt down anything recently
When character use pof they are going beyond they are capable of. There potential shows here. Laxus using pof means he has to go beyond. This level of power laxus can not use nilly willy. He has to tap into pof to defeat an average springgan. Wahl after all only died because of his lightening weakness. Yes erza pof is a good example. Erza cannot do her dues sema feat. If she could alverzec pof erza would have one shot killed current laxus.
No wahl is not. Just because he fought laxus doent make him stronger than the rest. His stats are around normal springgan like ajeel or serena. Stop using circular logic. Ogra didnt have the strongest offense. Minerva did (in sabertoothof course). Jura was shocked to see someome of that power on gmg games on the last day. You can prove me wrong about wahl by having August, brandish or dimeria talk about about how wahl.has tye best offense.
Nope.
Laxus with extreme pof killed retarded and laughung wahl using his weakness
Gray with extreme pof broke gaurding invel defense and took him out.
When did hades say that. I cant find the panel.
Markarov said erza could take laxus. Hyping enemy is normally always fake hype. Keep in mind markarov thought natsu cant take one of the secen kins
Gray said erza most likely already had SO
Zeref never talked about laxus strength
August was wrong or laxus >>>>>>> jellal or erza or natsu ( which we know is false)
Mira hyped jura
And marakrov hyped springgans
I guess you believe laxus has no chances in hell of beating nienhart
Well there is.an improvement
Before you guys thought laxus could causally extreme low diff erza
Now.you know, only way laxus can beat erza is if and only if erza holds back for majority of the fight and then tire her.
Several reasons I'd imagine. Because he just ate a big attack, because it looked cooler, because everyone was getting trashed that arc, to make GH look threatening, etc, who knows. But theres no reason to set up that limitation for him at the start of the arc and mention it in the fight, if it wasn't a factor.
You already gave it, or said it, or something. Azuma thinks she's frightening, the dude who lives for battle. Plus
Don't worry, Hades was still messing around at that point, as stated in the manga. Towards the end of his fight with team Natsu he gets serious.
Has nothing to do with the goat fanbase, Laxus smacked him fare and square, visibly to Hades disdain. Me not believing you when you say "oh, Hades was just letting it happen" is just me trusting the manga over some random fan that makes %90 of his comments on how overrated he thinks Laxus is.
No, Laxus was reeling from Hades hit while Hades cast the spell, by the time Laxus was on his knee he was already surrounded(it's also shit leaping posture).
But that limitation was not even mentioned till the fight was over. Why are you repeating that everyone was getting trashed. What are you trying to imply
Yes azuma said she is frightening in how she brain wash jellal. Nothing about power.
Cant see the spoiler on my phone
When do.you.trust the.manga
Skullrion has just now.said df nebel will take few fairy tail members with him
He only knows power of mira gray natsu. He could take no one out. And you still think.he is above df nebel
Erza is suprised that laxus can fight at her level and laxus thinks he need red lighteningto put erza down. But you think its erza who improved more
Soooo
Racer vs hades would be like that too. Raver would get one two hits in the start and get low diffed afterwards like laxus
Hades was serious with natsu team. Why would he also be serious with the new guy
One knee on floor and one foot on floor is a good a leaping posture. Not the best sure.
1% of her Irene's power. Wendy was using her own power before that.
Hax has never been negated by power in the manga. And secondly power is not enough for certain hax there hax which need to be shown a resistance to bcs power level alone has no effect on them. This is one of those hax.
Irene is a Dragon. Her human form is a transformation.
But isn't Wendy B only Wendy at max potential? Irene's residual magic comes from the separation enchantment placed on Wendy. So her 1% should come from that.
Brandish couldnt harm Neinhart, Laxus just tanked Kiria’s hax, Natsu destroyed the time hax of Miss Ol McDonald, an just waltzed through Bluenote’s gravity. That’s just off the top of my head bro.
Because Gildarts>>Natsu Erza, Laxus. That attack wasn't a regular punch. That punch was PoF induced since August threatened to kill Cana. I don't see them taking that.
Brandish couldnt harm Neinhart, Laxus just tanked Kiria’s hax, Natsu destroyed the time hax of Miss Ol McDonald, an just waltzed through Bluenote’s gravity. That’s just off the top of my head bro.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Jellal needs to keep the rivalry alive, but that comment earlier makes me think he’s gonna end up with Natsu again.
Because Gildarts>>Natsu Erza, Laxus. That attack wasn't a regular punch. That punch was PoF induced since August threatened to kill Cana. I don't see them taking that.
One, Laxus didn't faint last arc. he was still up at the end of the fight with Wahl. I really don't want to look back through all of the fights, but I see where you are coming from. I will agree that Laxus won the fight because Erza fell first, but it wasn't a one sided beating as I have seen Laxus fans try to point out. In the Grand scheme of things though, Laxus' goals were to destroy the orbs and kill or turn white anyone that got in their way. Erza's goals were to protect the orb. Both of them were rendered useless because they both passed out from exhaustion
, So yeah I consider that a stalemate in my book. I also see Kyria as a warm-up that he didn't really have to go hard with. It expended some magic, but Laxus had complete control of that match from start to finish and didn't look at all affected by that fight. I would also say that Kyria v Erza is more of a match-up weakness then Kyria is on Erza's level based on how Erza fought Laxus.
I don't disagree that Laxus is strong I just don't believe he was on the tier of Irene based on one fight with Wahl. That doesn't mean that I think Irene is tiers above him, I just think based on the information given that Irene is still stronger than Laxus
Lastly, Laxus could not have done anything to Erza otherwise he would have. Truth is he was to exhausted to do anything else and fell down to pass out. If he was still able to go then he either would have killed her, turned her white, or went to go and destroy the orb since that is what his goals were to do. The fact that he didn't do any of these three things is proof that he didn't just go to sleep like some want to claim.
I am glad he is alive too! I love all of the characters and want to see them thrive. I'm also really glad we have some Irene back as well
I can live with all of that, not agree per say. An Laxus went to sleep after beating Hades historia at the end of his gauntlet last arc, just like he did after he fought Erza. I def believe he was on their tier based to his correlation to Gildarts all series with the correlating gaps between. An the fact he’s definitely physically large enough to stomp her head, but I’m more than pleased with how it turned out, because I’ll be honest I was distinctly aware of Mashima’s preferences in story goals. I doubt we’ll get another major Laxus moment this arc, but am satisfied with how much spotlight he’s been getting and how he’s being moved forward. I hope he gets to fight Raizen or another ace or suitable opponent as opposed to being shelved in the final war with Diablos. I also hope the white witch escapes and returns with her own force and that we get that 1v1 Ignia called out.