I just want to pinpoint on one thing after excellent
@Jko post and stop with it.
Need not downplay characters.
-) August is not ">>>" Irene. Where you guys got that kind of nonsense? They're stated as equal.
But even if they're
generally equal, it's not mean they've similar chances for special opponents.
If we say about Acnologia, I suggest Irene has better chances for making challenge then August (mostly because I seriously doubt August was able to copy slayer type magic, because it has tattoos/body marks).
So, need not compare August "fail" with Irene. Irene was actually very good versus Acno.
-) "A;varez Erza with single one "alive" bone who damaged dragon Irene" and "100 YQ Erza attacks on Merc" are irrelevant.
100 YQ Erza did not damage Kyria in first battle, but Res.Irene oneshotted dragon Nebal (who stronger then Kyria).
So, if 100 YQ is really stronger then Alvarez one, how it's possible ?!?
Answer: PoF.
For now, I did not see anything super impressive by DG (well, we really saw only Merc).
I believe terraform entire peninsula/continent is far more impressive then Merc fight.
For me. Merc is disappointment.