That's weird. I thought I remembered him saying that. Never mind then.When did he say that?
When did they say it was named after him? I thought it was always a coincidence.I mean they have a whole squad named after him.
That's weird. I thought I remembered him saying that. Never mind then.When did he say that?
When did they say it was named after him? I thought it was always a coincidence.I mean they have a whole squad named after him.
It might be but out of all the names they could’ve picked they picked the name of one of the strongest dragons that ever lived.That's weird. I thought I remembered him saying that. Never mind then.
When did they say it was named after him? I thought it was always a coincidence.
Perhaps. I think it was just mere coincidence or it could relate to their power.It might be but out of all the names they could’ve picked they picked the name of one of the strongest dragons that ever lived.
I think they were originally started to slay and eat Acnologia hence the name.Perhaps. I think it was just mere coincidence or it could relate to their power.
Interesting theory. I wouldn't mind this.I think they were originally started to slay and eat Acnologia hence the name.
Missing my point, you are god tier because of your baseline strength, not the magic they use.Acnologia's magical attacks would be stronger than his physical attacks too. Igneel's and Acnologia's magical attacks probably just stalemated each other when they clashed, like what we saw in the anime with Igneel's fire punches stalemating Acnologia's roar. The dragon's powers are tied, for the most part, to their biology. I don't see how you can expect Igneel to just learn some water magic, and expect him to be as strong as Mercphobia with it.
I don't think FDK is stronger than END just because "some magic are better than others". I think it's stronger because FDK's high end feats are better. Now you can argue that if we equalize MP and Curse Power, FDK wouldn't be that much stronger than END. Which is fair. But the two people that can actually use FDK flames are Natsu and Igneel. Both of which have the means of simply using more MP to make FDK attacks stronger than END's attacks. That's why I say POF making Natsu stronger is a reason why FDK is stronger than END, not an argument against it.
I really don't see how POF is that complicated. Emotions create magic power, which you can use at your discretion. In some rare cases, you connect hearts with the people you love and start sensing them....and that apparently gives you even more power. As a general rule of thumb, we can assume characters are stronger when they're emotional versus when they're joking around. If we start seeing signs that they can sense their loved ones, then we know for sure POF is at play. The rest is simply a matter of looking at their feats and comparing them.
Natsu is using POF practically all the time by default, because flames of emotion is a quality of his Dragon Slaying Magic. Erigor noticed it when they fought, and Natsu wasn't even particularly angry at that time. So to answer your question, yeah....Natsu probably had some degree of POF in all those instances you mentioned. And yeah, he had other power ups on top of that. Erza had POF when she fought Azuma too. There was actually a point after Erza got blasted when she connected hearts with Jellal and heard his voice. Then for the final attack, she had a vision of everyone in the guild. Definite POF involved in that fight. Unfortunately, life isn't fair and not everyone gets equal results using POF. It can't make Warrod a threat to God Serena, but it does make Warrod the strongest version of himself.
In any case, the inconsistency of POF doesn't mean it's the same as eating a power-up. They simply work too differently.
Just because you have equal levels of MP doesn't mean your attacks on the same level, or that you can do the same things with it. Even if Natsu obtains Igneel's level of MP, and he still won't be match Igneel's physical strength. Likewise, if Natsu tries to use an attack weaker than FDK demolition fist with Savage Flames it likely wouldn't have given him the same result.Missing my point, you are god tier because of your baseline strength, not the magic they use.
If you want to say FDK is stronger because the users are stronger that's fine with me, I'm talking about equalized MP.
Because you can't explain it, and I can't explain it? You don't even know what it does, let alone how it works. Sure, you have a few loose theories, but they're no different to the random ass conditions I pulled out of my ass a few comments back.
Characters being stronger when serious than when joking around is just common sense, even my real world body is like that too.
Exactly, different types of PoF, different applications of PoF, different effects of PoF, so many variables and you're telling me it's not complicated? I don't think so. "Life being unfair and not giving everyone equal PoF" is just yet another factor of PoF that we don't understand. Erza having PoF in Tenrou is just another example of PoF operating differently from the norm, with it having actual tangible abilities like sensing Jellal, rather than just a boost in power, not to mention Tenrou granting her power. If you want to claim Erza's Tenrou PoF is similar to Savage Flames, then honestly I don't have a real problem with that, because Tenrou PoF is a boost in power outside Erza's control too.
As for your theory of more emotios=more power, no, I don't think so, and it certainly can't be used at the users discretion, or are you also saying that Natsu was more emotional against Zeref, the brother he's known for like two seconds, than he was after literally seeing Lucy die? And not only was he more emotional against Zeref, he was infinitely more emotional. The power he got against Zeref dwarfs any strength he got against F.Rogue or anyone else, power greater than the entirety of current team Natsu, you saying that he was so much less emotional after seeing Lucy die? That his love for her is basically just a speck compared to the emotions he had against Zeref? Because a speck is all the power he got against Future Rogue in comparison to what he got against Zeref. Lucy must mean basically nothing to him, I guess the tears and vow to safeguard her future was just an act... Yeah, no.
Power of emotion is a complete unknown, whether you have intense of emotions or just an average ones, PoF could grant you any amount of power. PoF being a literal roll of the dice is much more likely than it just being more emotion=more power given what the manga has shown us. Either way, statistically you're considerably more likely to benefit from a random power up than you are to benefit from PoF. A dragon god flying down and giving you power is as likely as you getting Savage Flame tier strength from PoF.
Sure, like I said, some spells are stronger than others.Just because you have equal levels of MP doesn't mean your attacks on the same level, or that you can do the same things with it. Even if Natsu obtains Igneel's level of MP, and he still won't be match Igneel's physical strength. Likewise, if Natsu tries to use an attack weaker than FDK demolition fist with Savage Flames it likely wouldn't have given him the same result.
Well, yes. FDK is stronger because the users are stronger.
I am saying that Natsu was more emotional against Zeref than he was when he saw Lucy die. Natsu remembered Makarov's speech, and began thinking about the entire guild. He would have been thinking about how much he loved the everyone in the guild, Lucy included. I would say this holds greater weight than when he saw Lucy die. Natsu would have had to see the entire guild die in order to match that in terms of negative emotions. Not to mention, love is an inherently superior source of power than negative emotions. We know this because Zeref tapped into all of his darkness, rage, and sorrow against with his attack. He lost out to Natsu's love for the guild.
What exactly is unclear about power of emotions that we can't explain? We know that magic originally came from love, which is an emotion. We know that people get stronger as they get emotional. We've seen instances where POF connects people to their loved ones, to the point where they can hear each other's voices....And we know that this grants a power boost too. We know enough about POF to know it acts differently to eating a power-up. For other characters we might get a little wishy-washy on when it kicks in (still not terribly hard to figure out though). But for Natsu? Flames of Emotions are part of his dragon slaying magic. We're literally told that he can turn his emotions into magic power.
![]()
![]()
We're going to have to agree to disagree then. I think Natsu's feelings towards the guild are his strongest emotion. That's probably what Mashima was shooting for anyways. Sure, Natsu gots pretty emotional when he thought Lucy died or when future Lucy died. That still pales in comparison to the love he has for the entire guild, which includes Lucy. On top of that, love is just an inherently superior source of power.Sure, like I said, some spells are stronger than others.
I disagree, completelyI'm even going to go as far to say that the emotions Natsu had here absolutely dwarfs everything he felt in the Zeref fight. And there is absolutely no scenario in which he was feeling sooooo much more emotion against Zeref, that it granted him a thousand times the strength, it's simply not feasible, Lucy would have to be a random stranger on the side of the road for the emotions he felt for her to provide so much less power.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Literally every aspect. For one, what does it provide and why? Each instance of it gives different results. Sometimes it gives you the power of the guild, eg Tenrou and Savage Flames. Sometimes it lets you see when you're blind and have no other senses, eg Erza vs Kyoka. Sometimes it lets you move when all your bones are broken, eg Erza vs Eileen. Sometimes it let's you sense other characters across far distances, eg vs Erza vs Azuma. Sometimes it's lets you unlock your own hidden power, eg Natsu vs Gajeel. Sometimes it lets you turn your emotions into magic power, eg Natsu vs Erigor. Sometimes it does barely anything at all, eg Natsu vs Rogue. Some times it does literally nothing, eg Erza vs Jellal.
As for Flames of Emotion, sure, turns emotion into magic power, but even that is a near completely unknown when it comes to how much it gives, how often it gives it, and if it's the same PoF Natsu gets throughout the series. The fight with Erigor just proves my point really, even joke taunts from Happy can give Natsu PoF enough to overcom Erigor after he beat Natsu's ass, and yet he couldn't even muster the strength to stand up and dodge Jellal in order to save Simons life. Greater emotions =/= greater power
Oh, and you're fixated too heavily on the eating magic part, it was just an example. What I'm really likening PoF to is any form of random powerups outside the characters direct control. Whether it be eating magic, using Fairy Heart, being given Fairy Glitter, being boosted by the Tenrou Tree, being enchanted with extra magic power, etc, etc. All of these power ups are vastly different from each other, but I'm still going to generalize the lot of them as power ups outside the users control, and that includes PoF.
He said no mercy for Skullion's team if they fail this time.That's weird. I thought I remembered him saying that. Never mind then.
I'm more of the mind that safeguarding Lucy's future meant significantly more to him given the fact that unlike Zeref Future Rogue actually succeeds in destroying FT and the situation at hand actually had Rogue slaying Lucy right in front of him, not to mention the actual emotions he displayed in the scene being arguably the most emotional Natsu has ever shown himself..We're going to have to agree to disagree then. I think Natsu's feelings towards the guild are his strongest emotion. That's probably what Mashima was shooting for anyways. Sure, Natsu gots pretty emotional when he thought Lucy died or when future Lucy died. That still pales in comparison to the love he has for the entire guild, which includes Lucy. On top of that, love is just an inherently superior source of power.
Natsu getting stronger when he's emotional isn't something that sometimes happens. It's something that pretty much always happens. Ignia picked up on it right away, even when Natsu threw a basic punch.
And I doubt that POF did nothing for Erza. It's arguably the reason she got back up from Azuma's attack.![]()
![]()
That's just it. POF isn't outside the character's direct control. It's based on their emotions. We just can't accurately predict when a character decides to get emotional, but generally speaking it's when they get pushed to their limits with a lot on the line. Obviously if an opponent is too strong, then you might get defeated before you reach such emotions. But ultimately what triggers POF is the guy's emotions. It's just not the same as eating something for a power-up.
Doesn't really matter. Natsu wasn't thinking about how much he loved the guild when he was grieving over future Lucy's death, and that makes the difference. I believe that Natsu's love for the guild is significantly stronger than any amount of negative emotions he can feel over anyone's death. It's already proven to be stronger than the negative emotions that Zeref felt in all his 400 years of suffering, and Zeref had it way worse than Natsu.I'm more of the mind that safeguarding Lucy's future meant significantly more to him given the fact that unlike Zeref Future Rogue actually succeeds in destroying FT and the situation at hand actually had Rogue slaying Lucy right in front of him, not to mention the actual emotions he displayed in the scene being arguably the most emotional Natsu has ever shown himself..
But even if what he felt against Zeref was stronger, there's no way it was that much stronger, it's just not possible. If you think what he felt against Zeref was so great that it makes Lucy's death in that scene look like practically nothing in comparison, then yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Sure, Natsu gets a significant boost in strength when Happy jokes about Gray being better than him.
As for Erza's PoF, I said it granted nothing against Jellal, not Azuma.
It is entirely outside their control, Natsu can't control his emotions, it's not within his capabilities, he also can't control what PoF does for him when he is emotional. He couldn't dive in front of Erza, the character he probably loved most in the world at the time to save her from Altaris, he couldn't even attempt to stop Laxus from casting Fairy Law, an attack that would kill literally everyone he loves, as well as the population of the town he loves. The only scenario in which PoF is an actual controllable power up, is if Natsu is the type of character who would willingly let the people he loves die. If that's not the case, then PoF is a power up outside his control just like finding some nice fire to eat or having the power of 7 dragon slayers enchanted into him
No, he was thinking about keeping his vow to Lucy and protecting her future, which Rogue destroyed, it was not simple mourning.Doesn't really matter. Natsu wasn't thinking about how much he loved the guild when he was grieving over future Lucy's death, and that makes the difference. I believe that Natsu's love for the guild is significantly stronger than any amount of negative emotions he can feel over anyone's death. It's already proven to be stronger than the negative emotions that Zeref felt in all his 400 years of suffering, and Zeref had it way worse than Natsu.
We're told that Natsu gets stronger the emotional he gets. If his attacks are stronger because of POF, that's all the evidence we need to say that he's being more emotional. I don't see your point about Altairis or Fairy Law. He had injuries that made it hard for him to move. Whatever amount of POF was at play simply wasn't enough to overcome that. I think you exaggerate the emotional state Natsu was in while Altairis and Fairy Law was being cast too. It's not like POF didn't kick in during those fights. It did, like immediately afterwards. I will even say that Natsu wasn't as emotional during the casting of Altaris as he was when he saw Simon die to it. He also wasn't as emotional during the casting of Fairy Law as he was when he saw Gajeel take a shot for him.
And really, Natsu doesn't need to have perfect control over his emotions. He just needs to have them. Flames of emotions is simply a property of his dragon slaying magic that's basically active all the time.
Oh against Jellal? How do you know POF wasn't at play when she was fighting Jellal? Just because POF didn't make Erza stronger than Jellal doesn't mean it wasn't there.
Okay, sure. That's still not the same as Natsu thinking about the entire guild. That's what Natsu himself considers to be his greatest source of power. Zeref had it way worse than Natsu. He's suffered for 400 years, killing anybody that got close to him. It was to the point where he wanted to erase the whole world and start over. Natsu snapped out of his rage when he remembered his childhood with Gray and Erza. I'd take Zeref's darkness over Natsu's any day.No, he was thinking about keeping his vow to Lucy and protecting her future, which Rogue destroyed, it was not simple mourning.
As for Zeref, I disagree, if we were talking the moment kid Natsu died, then sure, maybe his feelings would be on the level of Natsu's, but as he was, Natsu was having a much worse time.
It's not any evidence, because we still have absolutely no clue how much power PoF will give a character at any given time. A joke from Happy can provide more PoF than the threat of a towns destruction, and we know PoF could have helped him move, because as you said, it did so like seconds later.
You're missing the point about Altaris and Fairy Law. You tried to claim that PoF is a power up in the control of the character, that you could use it "when you're pushed to your limits with a lot on the line" this is provably false, Natsu could do nothing to save Erza, to save his town, to save his guild, PoF is completely out of his control, just like having a few dragon slayer on hand to give him magic is outside his control(for the most part).
He needed it when Jellal killed Simon, if Natsu had control of his emotions or his PoF, he could have saved a life, but he didn't and now Simon is dead. We already know PoF can grant power that dwarfs Etherion, that it can let you move when all your bones are broken and yet he couldn't access it, because it is outside his control and what worse was that if it wasn't for Simon, it'd be Erza that Natsu would have let die. Savage Flames, or any other significant boost in strength POF provides is less reliable than have a dragon slayer or an Etherion crystal nearby to give you power.
Because she didn't run up and attack him while he was beating Natsu's ass or casting Altaris. PoF provided her zero strength.
If we got the exact same layout against Georg as Hades I would be ecstatic. An enemy to challenge them all!! Sadly, I think a good Gildarts or Laxus match are our only real hope. If he fights Natsu you know what we’ll get...I'm just hoping the S-Class and Master are like, DF Natsu tier and require a team fight like the Hades one.
Yep, DF get's pushed a tier and solos. Unless in the off chance Mashima makes him so powerful that Natsu by himself can't challenge it.If we got the exact same layout against Georg as Hades I would be ecstatic. An enemy to challenge them all!! Sadly, I think a good Gildarts or Laxus match are our only real hope. If he fights Natsu you know what we’ll get...
Lucy will oneshot raizen to demonstrate her new moon dragon god magic and then oneshots Diablos hideout with semaIf we got the exact same layout against Georg as Hades I would be ecstatic. An enemy to challenge them all!! Sadly, I think a good Gildarts or Laxus match are our only real hope. If he fights Natsu you know what we’ll get...
stop griefingLucy will oneshot raizen to demonstrate her new moon dragon god magic and then oneshots Diablos hideout with sema
